Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Come Hell or High Water

Come Hell or High Water

a part of “Come Hell or High Water”, a fictional universe by Wild1.

[ROLEPLAYERS WANTED] In a world filled with science the council rules with an iron fist. They have outlawed magic, and many have forgotten it ever existed. You are a pirate in search of treasure, and you posses magic.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Come Hell or High Water”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Come Hell or High Water

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zolzol on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:12 am

Will more roles possibly be allowed? Because this seems like a interesting RP and I would love to join....but it would be kind of a jerk move to reserve cabin boy when Wolf is considering it.
A deus of lacuna inter philologus letalis

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

zolzol
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:28 am

@Wilds1:
Ah, okay. Yeah, I thought it'd be pretty fancy to add a 'Thoughts on crew' tab in Nina's profile. But if the first impressions are still to be made, I'll refrain from adding that now.

@zolzol:
Okay, that avatar you have is amazingly funny.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:31 am

If you're fine with it, feel free to take the surgeon spot Kyle; I've lost interest in it.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zolzol on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:55 am

He is the muscley wizard! HE CASTS FIST! >8C

And yes , I will take the surgeon from you Life. I shall take it and TURN IT IN TO SOME MONSTROSITY OF A CHARACTER....Also Life , what ever role play you are moving on to , SEND ME A INVITE! YOU HAVE GOOD TASTES!

zolzol
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:04 am

Sorry the only, active one I'm in right now is completely full. If I manage to find something that holds my attention for more than a few hours I'll be sure to send you a letter in the traditional way; on the back of an Argonian Concubine.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zolzol on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:16 am

Eh , just send it on Hazes back , he's the closest thing I have to a concubine.

zolzol
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:41 am

o.O

Oddness.

;)

How about the ship, are we gonna put together some specs and notes of what it's like? I suppose I angling really to know what sort of ordinance it has, seeing as I'm playing the master gunner. :) But a general idea of layout or what areas of the ship there are might be useful, if a lot of the RP will be taking place on board, hehe!

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:06 am

@shmband:
Must. Have. Your. Opinion. On. Character. I don't know why, but I just. Must have it, probably for competitive reasons(?). (D:)

Also, I wonder the same thing, yes. Although I know where Nina's place is, The kitchen. the mast, and generally top deck. But it'd still be a good thing to know the layout of the entire ship. Even if the role play won't be taking that much place on board. (:3)

@zolzol:
It still ain't your epic shotgun wizard. Come back whenever your avatar can cast shotgun blasts, and kill invisible ninjas as well!
For now, you no earn cookie with your avatar! (D:<)

Notice how I managed to just throw the little bit of fancy talking I had, and be completely my hyperactive, generic self. >:3

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:53 am

Yeah your character seems cool to me! My only thought was that Martin's role as gunner wouldn't necessarily make him a sharp-shooter; firing a cannon is a very different kettle of fish to firing a rifle! :) But I still like the idea that they have competition between them.

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfoftheage on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Just submitted a character for the cabin boy.

wolfoftheage
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:35 pm

@shmband:
And that's why Nina ain't the ship's Gunner. She'd most likely compare a cannon to a rifle, and fail to shoot with it. (For one, cannons are heavier, and wouldn't nearly reach the range her rifle can shoot.) Hurray for competitiveness. :D

@wolfoftheage:
No offence, but someone else was contemplating on getting the cabin boy/girl character. Wilds1 would be the one to decide, and it wasn't technically 'reserved' or 'taken'. I am just saying you might've stepped into someone's potential territory. (That doesn't stop me from checking out your character though. >:3)

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:43 pm

So, I submitted a character before checking the OOC, and didn't realize someone else was wanting to be the cabin boy. I submitted one for the same role (though, it's a cabin girl), but if you'll accept her, I can change it so that she has some other role. Or if you'd rather not have to make up another role, just reject her.(: Sorry, should have checked this before submitting! :P
don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars.

Reianna
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfoftheage on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Nods or their could be two of them if every one was ok with that.

wolfoftheage
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:11 pm

That could be interesting. Especially if their personalities clash... We'll have to wait and see what the GM wants though - but I'm down with it.(:

Reianna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfoftheage on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Well they are both street kids it would seem her power would be invisibility Mine is Telekinesis I bet they would get along hell if they both got accepted they might have even come from the same streets.

wolfoftheage
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:33 pm

True, true. How old is your character?

Reianna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfoftheage on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:38 pm

wolfoftheage
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Ooh, this is getting exciting. What do you all think of Kamen Diamonte? I think I made him too tall, so I'll change him.

Kamen Diamonte would probably be a nuisance to people like Sky, but of course, he'd be the big magician on the ship, and likely the weirdest.

Also, when and how will we start? I assume that for Kamen Diamonte to be First Mate, he'd have to be aquainted with Jinx.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wild1 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Okay so, a couple things...
First, sorry I got on so late, play practice is screwing up my schedule.

second, Reianna and wolfofthehedge I'm fine with two cabin kids. I liked both of them and accepted both of them. But then I realized wolfofthehedge was not the original wolf who was pondering joining. So now I feel like a bit of the jerk. If they want to join then I may ask one of you guys to change your roles. You could still be the same character, except maybe as an A.B.S who was forced into service.

Third thing, I realized I forgot to ask for age and history in the CS. If anyone who hasn't already done so could edit that information in that would be awesome. If history isn't really important for your character it's fine if you don't get too detailed. Just try nd mention how they got on the ship.

Fourth thing, I hadn't really thought about the interior of the ship yet. I'll get right on figuring that out. As for wether we'll be on board a lot of the time, well that depends on how well this crew does in battle ;)

Fifth thing, Maybe Kamen and Jinx are old friends? They could have met on another pirate ship before Jinx became a captain, and when Kamen applied for the job of first mate Jinx accepted him [slash]because he had an epic gun that shot cards[/slash] because she knew she could trust him?
Last edited by Wild1 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By reading this you are now a Discordian pope. Congratulations!

Wild1
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:20 pm

@Wilds1:
On it ma'am. I was wondering 'bout the history, and I was planning on adding such a thing. Though messing up your character sheet seemed like mutiny to me. (:P) Thus, I will now work on a history for Nina, because she deserves one. (:D)

@Lloyd:
First things first, *shivers* scary sheet. So.. not, friendly for my eyes. (And the images aren't helping it! xD) No offence, really. Then, I personally would think he's okay. Cool guy, if not a bit weird. I do like magicians though, they go into the same file as gamblers. Fun, interesting, and so bloody unpredictable. Then, Nina, no. Definitely a no! Hate alert would be immanent. I do hope you are prepared to not let Kamen annoy her, consequences are for you own to deal with though... (>:D)
Last edited by Byte on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Byte
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!