Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Come Hell or High Water

Come Hell or High Water

a part of “Come Hell or High Water”, a fictional universe by Wild1.

[ROLEPLAYERS WANTED] In a world filled with science the council rules with an iron fist. They have outlawed magic, and many have forgotten it ever existed. You are a pirate in search of treasure, and you posses magic.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Come Hell or High Water”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Come Hell or High Water

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wild1 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:44 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Come Hell or High Water"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
By reading this you are now a Discordian pope. Congratulations!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wild1
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Come Hell or High Water

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:55 pm

So, I notice this is still a work in progress. Pardon me if any coming questions are in that particular [WIP] area. One, are we really restricted to the gender that comes with the job? Say for... The navigator can only be male, and the rigger can only be female? Secondly, are we just limited to the powers that are listed? Or are we allowed, with your approval of course, to come up with some ability of our own?

I do want to say that I am glad I'm not the only steam-punk fan out here, I suppose. Although I mostly enjoy anything that is related with sci-fi. Anyway, I'll ponder some more on if I want to join, and whatever role I would want to reserve...

~Archlkan
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroTolerance on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:07 pm

May I suggest a role that's not listed among the others pre-sets? The role I have in mind is Treasurer/chief financial officer, one who is responsible for the budgeting, salary and other financial duties? Also, I'd prefer to if my unique power was animorphism. The ability to hold the form of an animal.
I'm a dreamcatcher but only nightmares I caught.

ZeroTolerance
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wild1 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:23 pm

@ Archlkan- the reason for the genders is I want to try and keep an equal boy/girl ratio. But, I think I'll take that off unless/until it becomes a problem.

@ zerotolerence/Archlan There is a very specific reason for these particular powers. If you want to use a different power that is similar to one that's listed it's completely fine but... the reason for the powers in these specific pirates has to do with the nature of these powers.

@zerotolerence If you want you could replace the role of carpenter/surgeon with that role. Frankly it sounds more important/interesting.

Wild1
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:27 pm

@Wild:
The powers are okay, I was just wondering about that bit. Mostly cause I'm never too fond of those generic powers. Ah, I can live with it.

The reason I was asking about the genders was because I was leaning more towards Master Gunner & Navigator, but I wanted to make a female one. Don't know if that would be allowed, else I'd just go for the Rigger.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wild1 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:34 pm

I just took off the gender requirements actually. how ever it looks like master gunner/navigator was already snagged...

Wild1
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Uhh, I'm a little stuck.

Considering barely any main roles were taken, I might as well use one. My character is the First Mate, and he is both a jewel theft, and a magician.

He doesn't have real magic, only simple magic tricks, or as you would call, "Practical Magic," or as some refer it as "Illusionry Magic," His most commonly used items are Piano Wire, Flash Bombs, Smoke Bombs, and his Handglider. He, is not only known for his magic, but is also known for being the master of disguise, not a master, THE master. He has been known to disguise as anyone he wanted, and has a practiced and perfected ability of copying anybody's voice.

His biggest intrest is in jewels, especially small famous ones. He often moves by his handglider, but, he travels by ship to go long distances, but whenever the ship stops into town, he will send a letter notifying of how, when, and where he would strike from, but it would be in riddle form.

Wearing a white magician attire, travelling by sky, like a dove, he is called Kamen Diamonte.

Now, here's the small problem. I'm not too sure which power he should have. I'm mostly headed toward Illusions, but Invisibility and Flight both seemed to match well as well. Which skill do you think would work best for him, but lets him keep his usual routine of giving his spectators a show when stealing.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:39 pm

@Wild:
So close... Rigger it is then. (:|) Damn you shmband! (D':)
Also, I'll reserve the breathing underwater ability.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wild1 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:46 pm

@lyod
I think either invisibility or illusions would work with your character. Invisibility for his "master of disguise" part and illusions for the the "illusionary magic" part.

Wild1
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Sorry Archlkan! :') At least I hope I picked an ability which isn't one that would be too popular, so hopefully I won't iritate anyone on that front...

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:49 pm

@shmband:
It's okay Mate. First come first served, anyway.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wild1 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:49 pm

EDIT: computer spasm, accidental delayed double post

Wild1
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:05 pm

I just realised I wrote Nina's hair colour, eye colour, height and weight twice. Ah well, better to be descriptive then lacking in content I suppose...

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:47 pm

If it's still open could I reserve the surgeon/carpenter?

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wild1 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:47 pm

It's fine, I really like your character by the way ^^

@ lifecharachter It's still open, I'll edit in your reservation!

Wild1
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolf1911.45 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:57 pm

can the cook be female?

wolf1911.45
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wild1 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Yes, but I'm afraid that furry dragon already reserved the cook through private message. Every role but cabin boy is taken or reserved. You should know that the cabin boy could be a cabin girl if you wanted.

Wild1
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:12 pm

I'll assume everyone knows everyone? Or are we just a quickly wrapped together, rag-tag band that calls each individual by their job name?
Was just wondering this for no apparent reason.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolf1911.45 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:31 pm

can i get a little more imformation on the cabin boy/girl?

wolf1911.45
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wild1 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:51 pm

@Archlkan, I hadn't thought about it too much. Lets say that Jinx put up a notice in Apak (the pirate town where the journey starts). In the notice Jinx asked for pirates willing to risk their lives for treasure as a crew under her. So, none of the people on the boat know each other before the rp starts. We're going to start the rp as the boat pulls out of harbor. Presumably everyone will already know each others names and ranks from being introduced as they boarded the ship. Beyond that they havn't a clue what anyone else is like.

@wolf, the cabin boy/girl is practically the equivalent of a slave on the ship. They do the dirty work like carrying powder to the cannons, swabbing the deck, cleaning the crews quarters, carrying things etc. Most Cabin boys/girls are not pirates by nature. They were perhaps captured off another ship and forced to work. Either that or they chose to become a cabin boy/girl to escape where they came from for some reason.

Wild1
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!