Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Just Like Stamps

Discussion

a part of “Just Like Stamps”, a fictional universe by pieluver.

Collections are fun, right? Well, fun for everyone except for the people being collected. Closed, no longer accepting.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Just Like Stamps”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby anaka on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Hmmm... How about a year? That seems reasonable. That way, her family would have given up on finding her, but she wouldn't be mad and crazy with grief just yet. Or possibly 9 or 10 months? Whichever one works.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

anaka
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eyrien on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:17 pm

I would like Roan to be number 7.^^
Daemon: "Darling, if you're going to pretend you're not at home, the least you can do is close the windows. The smell of those nutcakes will draw the most unsavory characters."

Kartane: "Bastard."
Daemon: "By birth and by temperament."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eyrien
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:51 am

I just had a thought...
Perhaps we should all give a basic timeline of what has happened previously in relation to others etc. So they have a bit of a past. For example I'll put a brief of what Reni did the last three months.

First day- A lot of freaking out, banging on the doors of the basement, screaming at the top of her lungs etc...
First Month- Observing everything in the room. Pacing and measuring using feet to mark out the room and the basic structure of the place.
The second month- Retreated to room. Spent the time staring at wall and figuring out a way to escape.
Third Month- Learnt the basics- name, age etc. of people with her. She didn't do this earlier, not thinking she'd be there that long for it to count.

Obviously that's rather simple, but now that your characters know this, they may have been annoyed by her first day, or her pacing etc. This would give them some knowledge of her. Obviously I may need to update this, considering your own characters pasts...

Another quick question, could The Collector post what he has been up to the last year or so? E.g how many times he's beaten them, taken them out etc. Just so there is something to talk about referring to the past and the Collector. What injuries will Reni have already, or did he pretty much ignore them until his final "piece" was collected?
Yeah, just my thoughts. Also am acknowledging that I have it easy, being there only three months...
Shané

Shané
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stilts on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:59 am

@Shané: Thank you. Unfortunately, I cannot give you a solid answer. I will talk it over with Pie. The main concern with your request is how we will go about that. We have quite a lot of players to fit into a comprehensive timeline. We're working with puzzle pieces, seeing how they fit, and until we get a handle on the bigger picture we can't quite start working with the details yet.

THUS: For those of you who have not already- Please pick where you fall on the collection's list.

The Collector is a complex character, who is frankly insane... so it is hard to say.
Please wait for our reply.
Staring at the clockImage
I hear each tick and tock

And they whisper that I've lost the race,
But I won't fucking stop.

Stilts
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stilts on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:02 am

Thank you to everyone who has been reading and replying to this OOC thread. Please continue to do so in the future; we appreciate your contributions as well as not having to repeat ourselves.

I have received some replies to my previous request, but I would like to expand upon it as I am not sure I was clear.

If you would, please send me a PM regarding your character and the Collector's relationship.
This means:
I am asking for details about what the Collector would know/not know about them. Please do not give me a summary of what you have written in your character sheets already. I have read those.

For example: Does the collector know you have a aversion/fear of water? Do the other captives know as well? If you want to, you can even tell me if he has acted upon it and the result.

I am simply throwing out ideas- You do not necessarily have to tell me anything about your character if you so wish. If the collector knows nothing about them, so be it. I will work within your confines. Hints will be revealed through roleplay regardless.

Thank you for the trouble. This is so that I do not take any liberties assuming the Collector knows something about your character, simply because it was required of you to list in your character sheet.

Stilts
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby loonybird on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:03 pm

I would like Luna to be collector's item number 4 - arriving smack bang in the middle (more or less!)

loonybird
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fadded on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Hey guys, this is Eyrien. Sorry if my switch was confusing. This account had become my main so I figured it would be best to switch so I can reply regularly and get updates. I am still playing Roan.

Fadded
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Okay darlings. I know you guys are excited, but Ima have to set a couple more rules down. There are many things we can plan now. When everyone came, general relations, vaguely. But then there are things we can't. Most specific details of the world these people live in will be determined as the roleplay goes on. We as a group will be creating the world, collaborating an image from each of our minds to make one.

As that is said, there is no grand master of scenery or anything like that. make your own squeaky step or ding in the wall, creaky door or bruises. create memories. If they are a little incongruous it is okay. if there are any problems, we will fix them then, yes, but not now.

mmkay?

This is because it is no fun to play if there are no little details to reveal. There is no fun to be had.
slcam plz

pieluver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby loonybird on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:17 pm

Okie diddly-okie!

When are we planning on starting?

loonybird
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightgem on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Hello everyone! I'm a little late to introduce myself, but I'm Gem, and I'm playing Mason Knight. I'm so excited to be roleplaying with you guys. ^_^

Stilts - I don't believe #6 has been taken yet, so I'd like to put Mason in that spot.

Also, just so everyone knows, for some reason my PM system is on the fritz right now. I don't know what's up. So if you sent me a PM and I haven't responded yet, I'm not ignoring you, I just kind of can't answer right now. As soon as it's worked out, I'll reply, and I'll also send you that info Stilts.

Nightgem
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby loonybird on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:02 pm

Oh - just thought I'd say; my character is English. So...imagine an English accent. And not one of the common ones - a nice, refined one. :)

loonybird
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Hey, my sweethearts! Stilts has submitted his character, and I'd like you all to go check it out. Also, look at the regular OOC thread, the one at the top of the list, for the timeline and the room assignments.

If I receive no objections I'll assume that all that is fine with everyone. Later, either this evening or tomorrow, I shall make the first post.

pieluver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:31 am

There, first post is up, I set a basic scene, locating a couple characters. Those who I didn't mention can be anywhere within the basement that they want. (Gosh, I need a grammar lesson don't I?)

My later posts might or might not be as long as the starter(Or possibly longer), I don't know, but do not fear, I don't actually expect you guys to write so long of a post if you do not wish to.

Please also tag all characters your character physically interacts with. If your character is thinking about another character it doesn't count. Only if they speak to the character, or punch them, or what have you. IN other words, if your character does something theirs can respond to. If you forget to you can always come back later and do it. If you can't figure out how, just ask me and I'll explain it to you.

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jnfjnjty on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:09 am

Woo! Time to start, yay~ I don't believe I've introduced myself here, yet ._. I'm jnfjnjty, but you can pretty much just call me whatever the heck you want. And I play Damian, who currently isn't with the rest of you yet because he hasn't been captured. This is my first roleplay here on RPG, and I'm looking forward to writing with you all! Now, to go start on that post...
To my infinity, you're
b e y o n d ~

jnfjnjty
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby anaka on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:24 am

Holy meep! Awesome post, Pie. I apologize for not being on here lately, on the OCC, etc, but I was " studying " yesterday, and I did not have the time. Sowwy! Anyways, hello, Jnfjnjty! ( Hope I spelled that right!) I'm Anaka, I play Susana Gray. Nice to meet you! Welcome to RPG! You will enjoy it quite a bit, I sure have, and many others have as well! Again, awesome post, Pie. I am going to read through it again, and type something up. Please wait patiently. It probably will not be as long, but I shall try. I remember you saying that it was alright if it was a bit shorter. Still, it will be pretty long. But I do not believe length matters, personally. It's the content of the post that matters. I will remember to tag the characters, it is a nifty little tool. Here we go! WOOT!

anaka
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:43 am

Don't worry, heart. I don't expect the same length if you don't want to write that much. Especially as because I'm the GM I'll have a couple other things to address in my posts, not just specifically what my character is doing/thinking/feeling, I'll have to think about plot and moving things forward and how time is working.

Also, don't worry. I am patient. Don't worry about trying to post every day, guys. Honestly, this will end up being a slow roleplay, I can feel it. Long lasting roleplays are usually slower to medium paced, and have less of a chance of fizzling out when done right. Of course, I'll have to keep my guns beside me though. And stay awake.

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby anaka on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:56 am

Whew. Just posted. It's fairly long, I think. I like it. I did not include any others, but if ya'll want to talk to her, that's fine. The first post was mearly just an introduction.

anaka
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:08 am

Ana, could you tag your own character in your post please and thank you!

I'm going to give the others time to post before I respond to Luna, Birdie. (hehe, sorry, I find that extremely hilarious) Mostly so they don't become overwhelmed by the number of posts.

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby loonybird on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:58 am

Message recieved and understood, Pie!

By the by, I hope the length of my post was to your satisfaction. I had to cut it short, otherwise I tend to ramble :)

loonybird
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:07 am

Don't worry, hun-bun. Your post was good. You properly gave a look inside Luna's head without going on and on uselessly. It was very.... gosh, whats the word? aerodynamic? to the point.

Post length is a stylistic decision. Some people prefer long and some short. Personally I enjoy writing miniature novellas when I post, but I try and tone it down, haha.
In short, if you are happy with your post length, then I am too.

pieluver
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!