Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

An Empire of Marrow OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: An Empire of Marrow [MATURE] OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyrwolf on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:11 pm

I like it when a villain actually believes he isn't the villain, or can convince others the same way. I.E., s/he will justify enslaving the human race with the fact that humans are unable to create a utopia unless they are forced into the correct direction. THAT'S a real villain, because in the end evil is just an opinion. In most books, evil is seen as a sort of driving force that brings destruction for no other reason than being badass. And while this can be entertaining, it is dreadfully shallow. =/

Well, time to roll on with the Marrow RP. We must keep hot topic status!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vyrwolf
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:39 pm

I know. I got a bit pissed off when it became apparent that each story (excluding the third and up until the sixth) followed the same basic plotline.
-Harry goes to school.
-voldemort re emerges in some form.
-Harry doesnt know, and faces a series of mundane challenges during the school year.
-Voldemort attacks, whether by choice or because he is discovered.
-Harry temporarily defeats him and goes home, basically to wait for Voldy to reappear.

I still love them, but i got annoyed at that.
Alys&Samael
believe what you can't see
I am Serenity and Calamity combined.
"We get sick when we get started,
What you got is what you wanted,
I will take the time to make it
Just so you've the chance to break it
I start shaking when you shake it,
Holy Shit, you sure can turn it on"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyrwolf on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:42 pm

Gack, must go...Keep...The hot topic status! Will reemerge in ten hours. =D

Vyrwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:56 pm

Haha. Will try :) My other rp is gone from there, all because I fell asleep. :(
I just click on 'your posts' to keep track of my rp's.

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Malqui on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:47 am

Will I be tortured viciously if I said I disliked Harry Potter?

Because I really do, I find him annoying and boring :P

Malqui
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyrwolf on Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:09 am

The books were severely over-hyped, and nothing really new or revolutionary. Pendragon can kick HP's ass. :3

Yeah, I just use "Your Posts" and find new RPs by using the New Topics.

Vyrwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Malqui on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:43 am

I prefer more... adult fantasy. Such as Conan the Barbarian and George R.R Martin's 'A song of fire and ice'.

Malqui
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyrwolf on Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:06 am

I read just about anything fiction, except historical. And I am by no means keeping to a single age grouping. Just last week, I was reading 'Wolves of the Calla' and 'The Tale of Despereaux' at the same time. And though I love King's Dark Tower series, I liked the shorter, kiddy Desperaux book better. Sometimes it's just better to act your shoe size instead of your age. =D

Vyrwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thorgaar the Bloody on Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:52 am

Dunno what the discussion's about right now, but Gothic short stories are the best fiction... Except for Tolkein, of course...
Evil has a beauty all of its own.

There is no such thing as good or evil. There is only beauty, and those too blind to let it live.

Thorgaar the Bloody
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyrwolf on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:04 am

Thorgaar, I believe you must protect your queen now in the IC. =D

Vyrwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:09 am

Ahh, A mention of Tolkien.. a true genius, I believe.
The movies, however popular they may have been, did him no justice.
Has anyone read that Garth Nix series, what's it called...ah yes, Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen. Brilliant.
And as for historical books, read 'Stones in the River'. The best Holocaust based book I've ever read. Better than the Diary of Anne Franklin, by far.
We're still in hot topics..
:)

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyrwolf on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:11 am

No, but I've read Nix's Keys to the Kingdom, of those that are out. I'm putting off getting new books at the moment, though, because I need to finish 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea before the school year starts.

Vyrwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:28 am

I've read that! Was slightly dissapointed, but I wont tell you anything more. Sorry If there's grammatical errors in any posts, I'm a tad drunk,just went out and drank with a friend in the city :) Hence my prolonged absence from the boards.
Thanks for saving me from death and absence from the rp, Vrywolf :D
And damn you and your no blood, deadly :) but i distracted him from the queen at least?

I've read keys to the kingdom, at least those thus far written, some of the few children's fantasy I enjoy.
Actually, i rather enjoy a few of them. Simply because I love the idealistic happiness they portray.
Tamora Pierce is a favourite.
But I love the adult fantasy...
I'm writing one currently, along wth one that is v\basically an autobiography, slightly altered,
I've had an out of the ordinary life, I'd tell you all about it, but it would spoil the book ;)
And I highly recommend Sabriel etc as well as Stones in the River.

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyrwolf on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:33 am

20,000 Leagues is getting on my nerves. Maybe it's because he has to explain every little thing because, at that time, he would have been called a futurist, or sci-fi writer. So what I would mark Verne down for would be what would mark him up in the world back then.

You're working on an airborne virus to completely wipe out all of humanity. I couldn't let you die. =D

Vyrwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Malqui on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:37 am

I'm not keen on many modern history books. They bore me, however, I adore olden historical books. In any form, if anyon has read the Romance of the Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong, absolutely brilliant.

Mindless, you'll need to retaliate and kick my ass now on the RP.

Malqui
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mindless_invalid on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:47 am

Shall do :)

mindless_invalid
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!