Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Final Fantasy RPG (SIGNUPS)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Final Fantasy RPG (SIGNUPS)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falseglory on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:42 pm

Okay, I've decided to do a Final Fantasy RPG. It doesn't take place in a specific Final Fantasy world. This is because not everyone knows all the worlds, and I don't want to have to deal with it. Though if it did have a specific setting it would be the FF 12 version of Ivalice(or the FF Tactics version of Ivalice)

So, here are the Jobs/classes you can play as. If I'm forgetting one, just pm me so I can add it in.
Any of these that say LOCKED can not be chosen right now.

Jobs/Classes:

Warrior: Strong and brave. Uses swords and axes.
Thief:Sly, and nimble. Uses knifes and katanas.
White Mage:Noble and kind. Uses staffs and White Magicks.
Black Mage:Cruel, and deceptive. Uses rods and Black Magicks.
Time Mage. Uses staffs and Time Magick to manipulate time around themselves and others.
Archer:Have hawk-like vision. Use bows and crossbows.
Monk:Have mastered body and mind to its fullest extent.Uses fists and nunchuks.
Summoner:LOCKED
Orator:Uses knifes, their own words, and guns to sway enemies loyalties.
Mystic:Uses staffs, rods, books, and poles to manipulate the mystic weave.
Geomancer:LOCKED
Dragoon:LOCKED
Samurai:LOCKED
Ninja:LOCKED
Bard:Uses instruments tosupport and inspire their comrades.
Danceer:Uses knifes and cloth. Their enchanting dances captivate enemies.
Mime:LOCKED
Dark Knight:LOCKED
Knight:LOCKED
Red Mage:Uses both low level Black Magicks and White Magicks. Also uses swords. They're often very intelligent.
Black Wizard:LOCKED
White Wizard:LOCKED
Beastmaster:Can tame beasts using instruments.
Judge:LOCKED
Sky Pirate:LOCKED
Master:LOCKED
Mage:LOCKED
Holy Knight:LOCKED
Fencer:Uses rapiers and quick reflexes to defeat enemies.
Gadgeteer:Can tinker with Machina to make new items.
Assassin/Sniper:LOCKED

Here are the different races that you can be.(Seriously, you should know what these look like. If not, look it up.)
OK, some of these are less well known, if you can't look it up I'll individually pm you pictures.

Races/Species:

Moogles
Hume(Humans, Clavats, Selkies, they're all the same)
Bangaa
Viera
Elvaan(Elves,. . . whatever)
Lilties
Nu Mou
Ronso
Seeq
Yuke
Al Bhed(I don't see why not. . .)

Character Skeleton:

Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Bio(Personality, etc.):
Weapon(must be matching your job):

So, that's it. Post you Character here and we'll start once we have enough people(at least 2 others.)
And, the actual game is in the Fantasy Forum.
Last edited by Falseglory on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question.
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.'
'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.'
'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.'
-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Falseglory
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Final Fantasy RPG (SIGNUPS)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falseglory on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:49 pm

Here is my Character(I'll also do all NPCs)

Name:Vincent
Job:Thief
Race:Selkie
Appearance:Has long black hair, sweeping off to the side. He wears a cape thats been tattered by the his many years in battle. He is 6 ft. 3 in.,dark red eyes, and very slender. Besides his cape he wears very light armor.
Bio(Personality, etc.):After spending 13 years in the Ravanstre military, he retired due to a large wound on his back. Since then, he has become very quiet and secluded.
Weapon:Knife(Assassin's Dagger)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Falseglory
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kairu on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:59 pm

Name: Kairu
Job: Bard
Race: Hume
Appearance: He has dark brown hair and hazel eyes... He wears clothes that people think of as elvan whenever they see them, which means a green shirt and a green tunic..
Bio(Personality, etc.): He is nice and will protect anyone that needs it as best he can, he will defend with his life if they are close friends... He is 5' 4" and he lived in a small village... He then decided to travel the world with only clothes and his lute... He traveled to many towns and preformed before he headed back for his town... When he got there, all that was left was ruins... He swore to find out who did it and kill them... He saw a small note in the center, part was burned and it said "Kairu, we will miss-" And the rest was burned off...
Weapon: A (Somehow) very durable lute...

Sorry, made my storyline a bit more complex
Last edited by Kairu on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage Image
I gots a new egg! Clicky clicky!

Kairu
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:07 pm

Name: Drakel Nor
Job: White Mage
Race: Aegyl
Appearance: Drakel Stands at 5" 11', he has Dark grey hair same color as his wings. he wears a white monk like robe and carries a white staff with a white dragon figure on top
Bio: Drakel is 18, he as lived his whole live in his village's small temple now he wishes to make a name for himself and he knows everyone needs to be healed sometime even the greatest of heros
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raphe on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:13 pm

Lets see if the newb can meet the standards.

Name(s):Raphe Kouken

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 145lbs.

Job: Theif

Weapon: Katana

Race:Hume

Eye(s):Dark grey with red specks in the iris

Hair: Long black hair that is bleached at the bottom and is tied into two differant ponytails going down his entire back.

Physical Appearance:

Personality(s): Raphe is someone who you might consider special. Inside of him is a fallen angel and because of this it seems as though he has two different personalities. Most of the time Shinta keeps to himself or at least inside Raphe's head but know and again he will take control over Raphe's mouth and speak his mind.
Shinta is not your normal angel in fact he was cast down because of his talk on wiping out mankind. He has a very unique perspective on the world he wants to take it over but before he can do that he has to convince Raphe to let him take over his body.

History:
Raphe was born into a poor family his father was a soldier and his mother died giving birth to his little brother. When he was 5 his dad was killed in combat trying to save a traveler from a group of monsters. After this event happen Raphe and his younger brother Brad were sent to live in an orphanage in Dalmasca.

Raphe held a lot of anger towards his brother because he blamed him for their mother's death. Usually he could keep his feelings towards his brother under control, but that night they got into an argument and in the end he killed his brother. The orphanage said it was an accident that Raphe didn't really mean to kill Brad, but deep down Raphe enjoyed seeing his brother life just disappear from his face. From that point on people treated him as though he was a freak and once they found out about Shinta they banned him from the Orphanage.

He was only ten when he was kicked out so he had to live off the streets to survive. Every day he had to fight for survival steal from street vendors and fighting for what little dignity he had left. When Raphe turned 16 he joined the military hoping that he could find his place there since no one knew of his past. There he did find his place he got along with everyone and made friends easily enough. After basic training he was assigned city guard nothing major just check make sure all cargo checks out and monsters are killed if they get to close to the city. Well one day when he was on patrol with his squad a dual horn ambushed them and Raphe lost his arm. The military replaced it with the claw he has now and gave him an honorable discharge.

After he was attacked he saw life differently and know he cherished what he had no matter how small it was. Know he even felt guilty about killing his brother. To this day he is looking for his way to atone for his crime while wandering the world.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I hope that it helps

Raphe
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falseglory on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:19 pm

It's perfect, just, there is no Dalmasca. You don't have to change it. It'll be the capital of Ravanstre.(Yes, I'm changing it's name to a city)

Falseglory
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:23 pm

Name: Velek Ronso
Job: Monk
Race: Ronso
Appearance: For the sake of how hard I find it to discribe a ronso, im being a nub and ripping one from X.

History and attitude: Velek is one of the few Ronso, that were not born to be quiet. While his peers were in meditation on the opposite side of their sacred mountain from the cities of men, Velek would wander the mountain, in his own form of meditation, speaking openly with the mountain. In time he became a great Ronso warrior. His mind and body were as one, though not through traditional means. Velek to this day is neither a traditional monk, or Ronso. In these turbulent times, where monsters roam free, the Ronso elders decided to kill two birds, with one stone. As Velek was different from his peers, he was told to go forth, as a great warrior and visit the world of the men, as most dare not step on their hallowed grounds. As a warrior Velek could not refuse, and went on his way. It has been some time since that day, and Velek has made it to Ravanastre, What surprises would await this 7 foot ronso, where he stood out sorely.

Weapon: Fist (currently Leather Glove)

Edit: Wow those profiles just sprang the fuck up, ill be back to finish this shortly then.

FINAL EDIT: kekeke its one. Sorry for beain an appearance slacker.
Last edited by Ace on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"It's gonna take more than that to dust the Boss."- Sean, after my car accident.

Ace
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falseglory on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:23 pm

And, yes, the world is set in a setting like FF 12 Ivalice.
Just cause it's really coll, and has airships.
And it uses FFTA races.
As you can tell I just put in a whole bunch of races.
I also have the thread posted in the Fantasy section.

Oh, one more thing. Everyone is a part of the Ravanstre Empire.(Unless you want to be alone for a LONG, LONG, tome. . . )

Falseglory
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falseglory on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:34 pm

Go to my site(located in my signature to find a picture of the world with wich you are in.
NOTE: The solid black is other lands to the south not important right now.
The black dots are the capitals.
The light green outlines are the borders of the other countries.
(I did this REALLY quickly)

Falseglory
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RvBpimp134 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:01 pm

Name: Va'gel Norra
Job: Thief
Race: Elvaan
Appearance:Image He also tends to wear a dark green hooded cloak as well.
Bio(Personality, etc.): cold and calculated, not being the one to trust others, Va'gel only thinks of himself when he is hunting for treasures.
Weapon(must be matching your job): A short katana and a small dagger.
Last edited by RvBpimp134 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As I was goin over the cork and kerry mountains
I saw captain farrell and his money he was countin
I first produced my pistol and then produced my rapier
I said stand and deliver or the devil he may take ya

Musha ring dum a doo dum a da
Whack for my daddy-o
Whack for my daddy-o
Theres whiskey in the jar-o

Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in the jar.
No I am not an actual pimp, stop asking.

"For whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee."

George Carlin, may you Rest In Peace man. :(

RvBpimp134
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:14 pm

I got my profile up, just thought i'd let you know Glory, since i had to edit it.

Ace
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falseglory on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:26 pm

Its all good, people can start posting now.

Falseglory
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:03 pm

ok race i chose was taken out so here's new info

Name: Drake Nor
Job: White mage
Race: Hume
Appearance: 5" 11' with dark brown hair, Pale skin and green eyes. He wears a white Robe with a silver colored rope belt and a necklace with his village's symbol on it (A white dragon)
Bio: Drake as lived his whole live in his village's small temple now he wishes to make a name for himself and he knows everyone needs to be healed sometime even the greatest of heros
Weapon: A white quarterstaff with a white dragon figure on top

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flint and Steel on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:38 pm

Hello just wondering if it's still cool to join at this point.
Question: are all the locked classes going to become available? because I'm particularly interested in the dark knight, judge, and dragoon classes.

Here's my char:

Name: Varne Cephas
Job: warrior
Race: Human
Appearance: short cropped brown hair and rugged facial hair. He's 6'2" and 203 lbs. His armor is a miss-match of studded leather and platemail.
Bio: A prodigy in the arts of swordplay and strategy. He became a full-fledged warrior at 16 and is currently training/ sparring with his peers. He's a man of valor; just, honest, and respectful.
Weapon: A greataxe on his back, a longsword, and a handaxe.
“There’s some good in this world Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fightin’ for”
- Samwise, from Lord of the rings

“Remember, remember, the fifth of November, The gunpowder treason and plot, I know no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever, be forgot.”
- v, from V for Vendetta

"Being a partnered pair doesn't mean becoming two halves of one whole, It means realizing that one plus one doesn't always add up to two, sometimes it adds up to more."
- Sora, from Two Halves

Flint and Steel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:35 pm

Wow you guys need some chicks lol.

Name: Raiya Jose

Job: Red Mage

Race: Al Bhed

Appearance: Image
-> Rai stands at a height of 5'9, with tanned skin untouched by many scars. Her back holds an Al Bhed tattoo that is foreign to most, but means 'Power'. Her hair is slicked on the sides and stands into a dull brown/blond mohawk atop her head. Her eyes are a combination of amber and hazel to the point that they look like an earthen orange colour. Rai's figure is limber and good for running or fighting, with slender features- such as fingers and whatnot. Her ears are pierced twice at each lobe, bearing a set of diamonds, and a set of dangling emblems of red that are circular with a strange symbol in their centers- they aren't that large. Otherwise- her pupils are twisted into spirals [of course she's Al Bhed], and her only visible scar is that of a pink slender line at the back of her neck.

Bio(Personality, etc.): Raiya is kind hearted, but untrusting at first. Her eyes have bore witness to many things, and she is wiser than she appears. Indeed, she is far beyond intelligent. A true scholar at heart- that and fighting appear as her two passions. Her greatest goal is to one day discover the knowings of all this universe, and to as well discover and claim the greatest power in the name of civilization- and justice.

Weapon(must be matching your job): She bears a long sword, with jagged edges at it's base,widening as it goes outward before tappering to a point. It's symbols change colour with the powers she attributes to it.

Hope you like- and if you mind the pictures I can take them away. I just think it's easier for people who don't want to read the descriptions I may put up lol.
One who knows nothing, can understand nothing.

Eternity
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wakboth on Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:45 pm

If it's not too late.

Name: Bamidelle
Job: Dancer
Race: Ronso
Appearance: Dark brown main of plaited and dreaded hair. A yellow/brown face with darker patches and two long scars along his jaw. He has a kind, thoughtful look to his eyes. But also a fiery passion, the eyes themselves are amber. His fur is the same colour as his head, along his upper arms he has more plaited fur, and the fur on his forearms is entangled with two large strips of sunburst tie-dye cloth. Over his body he wears little except a strap running across his chest, where a pair of daggers lie next to his breastplate. Over his legs he wears a short pair of cut-seemed tie-dye sunburst shorts and trailing red cloth. He wears bandages over his feet and hands, a slightly purple colour.
Bio: Bamidelle is quick to laugh and has an infectious charisma. His dances tend to be strong and confident, not a sliding gliding grace, but more a flareful well thought dance of power and joy with many Capoeira influences. He loves the sun and always uses it as a symbol. His two daggers are mementos from his childhood when he was taught to juggle and defend himself. He is very strong but is not known to use brute force. He helps those of his dance troup and is quick to make friends, he often collects followers quite by accident.
Weapon: Two daggers, various cloth.
When the end seem to justify the means, you've tried too hard to find an excuse. When 'by any means necessary' means 'violence may become necessary' you've lost sight of your goal. When people lay down and die rather than endure any more suffering, worry for the state of humanity. When people do not comment on how wrong this is, become angry at the world, because feeling that upset is too hard to bare. When people say 'you care too much' don't answer, because there is no such thing.

Wakboth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace on Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:42 pm

Is it day or night right now, i was under the assumption of night >_>;

Ace
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falseglory on Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:02 pm

It is night time.
I think it's mentioned in 2(3?) posts so far.
Who thought it was day?

Falseglory
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:02 pm

Do we wait for approval?

Eternity
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falseglory on Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:05 pm

No, go ahead and join(so, ya. . .you are approved)
=)

Falseglory
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!