Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

From the Ashes

From the Ashes

a part of “From the Ashes”, a fictional universe by Protofiend.

Thirty-three years after the events of Final Fantasy VIII, SeeD is in shambles and the world is controlled by the execrable SCORPIA. Branded traitors and hunted every day, SeeD must fight just to survive.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “From the Ashes”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] From the Ashes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:56 pm

Was it really? Wow, I feel like a total prick for stealing it from you, then.

I guess I'm just not with the program these days. Erin is writing our intro post as we speak, when I should have done it days ago.

And, Alex, since you won't be able to read here Thursday,

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
You look like a monkey
And you post like one too.

No, I kid. Congrats on another year of living, and here's to many more to come. I hope despite the chaos of moving (which I can totally sympathize with right now) you manage to do something fun on Thursday.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperVixen on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:52 am

The game's first post is up. I apologize for the slight commandeering of a few characters and their actions, but I was asked late last night to take over this assignment. I was given some very, very loose guidelines regarding the way that things needed to be and then just turned loose with an entire mission to plan. I tried to give everyone a meaningful and realistic place in the mission as well as set up some things that can be developed.

If anyone has major issues, please go through the GMs and they will communicate to me what changes need to be made. This doesn't need to be a bashfest on me. Thank you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SuperVixen
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:28 pm

(offers hugs all around) <3 =3
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:25 pm

*smacks self for not putting relationship details in actual profile* I really shoulda put those details in the actual profile, which is my own fault. The plan I'd worked out with Alex was that Wolf and Eva were together for awhile during the first year of the 3 year skip. But then Wolf wanted to leave and Eva didn't, which is when they broke up. It is my fault for not putting it in, so you don't have to change it. I'll work with this. This new Eva is much more outgoing, so she'll probably make more effort to mend this rift between her and Elia, anyways. But regardless of story, she probably would want to go save Wolf. It works. I'll survive.

@Standard: Don't worry about it. It's a good thing, which I replied to it happily.
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Went ahead and posted myself. Major props to anyone who actually gets the reference I made with Zeke's alias "Desh".

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:30 pm

I shall get my own post up tomorrow, but I must turn in for the night. Stupid school has me getting up at 5:30 in the morning. -_-"

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:59 am

Secondary character from Final Fantasy III.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:58 pm

Somehow, I knew you would know.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Great post guys! I'll be working on mine later tonight/early morning

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:05 pm

Posted. << >>...

If I need to change or add anything, lemme know. :O

I kind of left it hanging so other people could post and I can get a better grasp on where I'm going and yeah... <<;; >>;;

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:43 am

Wow, I apologize my post had terrible sentence structure in the last paragraph. Wish someone had pointed that out so I could fix it sooner, but oh well. My post should now be all grammatically correct, I hope.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:21 pm

I got my post up, finally. It's only part of Eva's operation, but for story's sake, I'm keeping it in parts, since her part of the mission is somewhat cut off from the rest of the activity.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:45 pm

Not sure if this will show up my computer is giving me fits.
Post is finally up and I apologize in advance if there are any glaring errors. I was just happy to finish it before my computer froze again. I don't like writing a post over a period of days but hopefully it turned out alright.

Nice posts Ekiou and Mid

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:07 am

Sorry to hear about your computer, Dalmar. Hope the problems get worked out soon. And thanks, :)

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:08 pm

@ Mid: Is there any word about the potential feature for GMs to be able to remove players from games? Right now I've got a lot of characters that are filling up my roster that were either accepted and never posted or played for a while and then bolted. I would really like to have them removed from the roster so as to keep things orderly as well as to encourage new writers to join since a massive number of characters can be intimidating.

Every time I ask I get told you use the "Feedback" link on the left-hand side, but that never goes anywhere.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:08 pm

Yes that is planned for sometime in the upcoming months. Not sure when it will go through tho =/

Edit: Thanks Dalmar <3 =3

Also, are we waiting for anyone else to post? Is there a specific order? <<

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:03 pm

There is no specific or strict order to the post. As a general rule with this group, we just try to keep anyone from being left behind. For example, I'm going to post again either tonight or tomorrow with some more goings on for Kai while we are waiting for Adam (as Alex) to get involved whenever that happens.

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Yeah, my laptop is screwed. Had to completely reformat it, and I can't even install the fucking drivers, so no internet until then. I'm only online now because I am on a different computer, but I won't always have access to it. Expect my appearances to be somewhat scarce until further notice.

The only times I'll have solid access to this computer I'm currently is essentially durng the day while everyone's at work. Unfortunately, this means I'll be online whil you all are in school/work as well. It sucks, but it'll have to do for now.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:15 pm

Well, sorry for my complete lack of existence recently; I know you've all been waiting on me, as Eric told me. My classes and stuff have been eating all of my time recently, and I have not had an opportunity to participate thus far. In truth, I haven't read a single post in the IC yet, let alone considered my own response.

I have some time this weekend, though, and right now I'll be heading over to the IC to read what's there, but I can't promise I'll get to writing tonight. Maybe tomorrow or the next day.

How's the IC working for you people? Is there still a desire to move to a traditional thread, or are we cool here?

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperVixen on Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:31 am

There have been nine posts over two weeks. It's too early to tell.

SuperVixen
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!