Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

From the Ashes

From the Ashes

a part of “From the Ashes”, a fictional universe by Protofiend.

Thirty-three years after the events of Final Fantasy VIII, SeeD is in shambles and the world is controlled by the execrable SCORPIA. Branded traitors and hunted every day, SeeD must fight just to survive.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “From the Ashes”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] From the Ashes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:18 pm

You're gonna have to remind me of what they were, because my memory is total fail right.

I still have an Exec and an Agent that were talked about but not introduced. Could do something with them if the need arises. Though my attention for this chapter will be to further elaborate the hints and foreshadowing concerning our favorite Samurai Sensei Taijo and his ambitious little kiss up named Kwan.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Dark and Bitter:I said we had an excess, meaning a majority. I wasn't referring to all of the characters, I was simply implying most of the characters' personalities have become rather dark. Of course I know there are a few that aren't like that. :P

@Myrin: Aw! You're welcome~ :3

EDIT: 0.o It has just occurred to me that I accidentally left out the personality part of Eva's profile. I must have forgotten to paste it in. I'll fix it when I get home. (is currently waiting for some supposedly sleeping kids' parents to get home.)
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:35 pm

@ Protoman X: He submitted the profiles for the agents to me when I was a GM. I forwarded them to Adam before stepping down.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:01 pm

Gateway is acting weird for me...

Not that me being peeved at the server is anything new (no offense, Myrin, but the server problems and such tend to drive me insane), but for some reason I cannot send PMs. Also, when I try to view the main forum it just redirects me to the homepage.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:22 pm

Ah the server thing is due to too many people being on the servers and not enough room for us all D; I believe if you get some more posts on the forums, it should fix the PM issue. We had to filter it due to spammers flooding the PMs x.x and with the forum thing, just open a new tab or double click it <<;;

SORRY T=T;;
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:33 pm

This post is to test my ability to be logged in.

"as she sat on the bus, she placed a hand fondly on her stomach. she imagined what it would feel like to feel life moving around inside her. She may have had to leave, but at least she was able to hold on to a piece of him. She was going to start over, live a new life in a new place. she wouldn't be alone though."
"Good and Evil" is too complicated. I prefer, "Us and Them".

"Munchkin: One who, on being told that this is a game about politics and intrigue in 17th century Italy, asks to play a ninja."

Hero or Villain? Savior or Destroyer? Model Citizen or Public Enemy? Who do you Wannabe?

Makokam
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:46 pm

Looks like it's back to normal. Thanks, Myrin, I always wondered what kinds of stuff caused the problems. The server is obvious, but I always just brushed the little stuff aside as bugs and stuff.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperVixen on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:01 pm

Do we have a set number of writers/characters that we are waiting to hit before we talk about beginning the game? I guess what I'm trying to ask is -- do we really have a plan for this?

SuperVixen
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:43 pm

I've been wondering the same thing...

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:06 pm

I would have started the game myself by now, but it probably wouldn't have worked very well given the status of my character. Chances are, it will be Adam that actually makes the first post. I could be wrong, though, because I was hoping to discuss that with him. Obviously I can't, until he's able to get back on the internet.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:46 am

Hello, everyone. Well, I'm back! One thousand six hundred miles and sightseeing in Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland over the last few days have left me a bit tired, but I'm glad to finally be home and I'm ready to get back into this.

I would be delighted to share the details of my fantabulous trip with any of you who are interested, so let me know.

Wow, there's a lot to catch up on. Why is it stuff only happens when I'm gone? Anyway, let's see if I can address everything in one post without missing anything/anyone.

First, Protoman, I hope whatever bee was in your bonnet to cause those last couple posts in the old OOC has permanently flown away, because I'm telling you right now, I will have no more of that. I think Mako has been more than patient with you in regards to your repeated insults. I realize you may be frustrated at times, whether due to this site or whatever else, but please keep it to yourself. The beauty of the written word is that a writer can convey any emotion or mood regardless of his true feelings, so exercise that ability.

With all that said, good call on accepting Starlit. I would have approved anyway, so I'm glad that was sorted out without waiting on me. I don't feel anything needs to be changed right now.

On that note, thanks for checking us out, Myrin, and thanks for helping me when I was pestering you in chat as Protofiend for a couple days. Looks like it was a good idea in the end, since it got you here.

On Mako's agents: I have never cleared my inbox here, so I should have the info still, but from what I remember the profiles were merely shells of characters, with many personal details (including names) missing. So, Mako, submit them as complete characters to the RP and Ken and I will review them. Or, depending on what's easier for you, submit them as PMs and we go from there. Up to you.

On Erin's point: We really got into starting this new chapter when we realized Kryse would be leaving the party; that is apparently not happening, which means, excluding Myrin, we're right back where we started. With Myrin and her character, we should be good to go. There is no reason to perpetuate this stagnation, except perhaps for the character currently in the queue for judgement.

In short, Proto, let's talk soon about how to start this. I'm moving out of town on Sunday, and I'm starting classes on Tuesday. If we can do it before then, that'd be great, since the next week is going to be hectic (if not hellish) for me.

Now, did I leave anyone, or anything out?

Oh yes, for those of you who enjoyed the meagre selection of photos from the first leg of my journey, within the next week or so I will upload dozens of new photos from the trip across British Columbia and back down to San Francisco.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:13 am

Ah yes, the coder team is still pretty new and learning so it may be a while before things settle down. =3

StandardFiend: xD Sorry I wasn't very much help but I'm glad it worked out in the end. Dalmar invited me, cuz he's awesome like that. <3!

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Protofiend on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:20 am

Alright, I finally updated our logo, so now it blends seamlessly with the page background. It looks pretty snazzy, if I do say so myself.

Beginning the RP basically hinged on talking with Makokam about a few things, which I did last night. So, technically, there is nothing holding us back now. However, I'm working on a bit of a personal project (related to the game's opening post) which I hope to finish tonight with some diligence.

After that, I don't think I'll be able to write tonight, but hopefully I can put something together this weekend. I'm packing tomorrow, moving on Sunday, and starting class on Tuesday. I hope my first week will be relatively laid back (but honestly I don't expect it to be), and I'll have some free time to spend here. I will also want to spend some of that free time playing StarCraft II, but nevermind that. I also have to apply for some jobs, and then go to one if I get it.

Uh, in short, I'll try my best to do as much as I can, but I can all but guarantee that will be less than it is now.

Whoops, looks like I forgot to switch back to StandardFiend. This dual-account thing is a real hassle.
Final Fantasy VIII: Sting of the Scorpion
Part 1: SeeD
IC | OOC
Part 2: From the Ashes
IC | OOC | Tab

Protofiend
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:29 am

Well, doesn't matter to me. I'm visiting family out of state(it was last minute, the whole trip wasn't even suggested until Thursday afternoon) so my internet situation is vague until Sunday night and then I work Monday morning. So I may not be able to post until Monday night anyway.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to this starting. I could use something to take my mind off of everything.

Makokam
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi, everyone. I'm currently writing from my new home in Merced, California. I have officially moved out. All things considered, that's not bad at 20 years old these days. So far, so good. My roommates are all great. Technically, I have three of them, but essentially I have 5, since another two individuals are apparently here all the time. As far as the actual three living mates go, they're all total nerds like me, so I'm sure we will get along great. Anyway, classes start tomorrow, but the only one I have tomorrow begins in the evening, so I have until then for free time. I'm still working diligently on the RP, so don't worry about that.

Uh, yeah. That's about all for today's update. Hope all of you are doing well. Seems like all of us don't talk together much anymore. Maybe it's just me.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperVixen on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:33 pm

FIrst of all, I think you are incredibly busy. Second, I have purposely been avoiding the OOC except when I am needed for a discussion because of the hostility and the fact that I don't want to get yelled at unnecessarily. If I am needed for anything, the groups knows where to find me. Otherwise, I don't feel like being textually assault which seems to be all that goes on around here lately.

SuperVixen
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Very eloquent Erin.

Anyway, for anyone who has been keeping track, my moving day has been moved up to this weekend. I don't kno what effect this will have in my availability. Hopeully it won't be a problem and I'll be able to hook my desktop up to a hardline.

So yeah. Looking forward to the game starting.

Makokam
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:22 am

This is what I've been working on over the weekend while not moving. Yeah, not exactly helpful towards the game, but it added some depth to my own involvement and it was fun to make, therefore I count it as relevant. Thanks to Eikou for inspiring the idea with her project (when are we going to see that, by the way?).

I know I should have been working on my post, but to be honest I just could get more than a couple hours at a time this weekend, and when writing posts I tend to need to do it all at once. It doesn't quite turn out the way I like it if I break it up. Plus, I've been having trouble with inspiration for creativity to get the ball rolling. Most likely due to my recent stress, but I won't make excuses.

If anyone else would like a profile like Alex's for your character, message me with all the required information (including a suitable photo--full-color, please, as I need to manually change it to greyscale and filter it to achieve the proper effects) and I'll put one together. It shouldn't take more than a couple afternoons to finish, as all I would need to do is rewrite the text with your character's info, replace the photo, and then apply the various text effects (the majority of the work).

By the way, the actual size of the profile is about four times as big, but Photobucket downsized it for some reason. So rest assured you will be able to read all the text on yours when I send it to you.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:30 pm

So, surprise surprise, moving day is tomorrow. Yay.

Anyway, We'll need to be out of here tomorrow because the electricity is being shut off tomorrow, and we wont have the cable/internet hooked up at the new house until Sunday.

Cheers.

Makokam
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:15 pm

@Standard: XD YESSS! That's EXACTLY what I had in mind, only with original art for the charrie image! My lack of access to Photoshop and school starting is why it's taken so long. You're a mind reader!

@Everyone!: Alex has been hiding his birthday from us! It's on Thursday! It's on Thursday, and I only found out today! For his sake, and for the sake of making this OOC becoming a more friendly place, I believe we should all wish him a happy birthday! Especially because his moving schedule has eaten up his birthday plans, which I find depressing. Show some love! :3

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!