Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

From the Ashes

From the Ashes

a part of “From the Ashes”, a fictional universe by Protofiend.

Thirty-three years after the events of Final Fantasy VIII, SeeD is in shambles and the world is controlled by the execrable SCORPIA. Branded traitors and hunted every day, SeeD must fight just to survive.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “From the Ashes”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] From the Ashes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:09 pm

And that's why you should always write your posts in something OTHER than the actual reply field. lol
"Good and Evil" is too complicated. I prefer, "Us and Them".

"Munchkin: One who, on being told that this is a game about politics and intrigue in 17th century Italy, asks to play a ninja."

Hero or Villain? Savior or Destroyer? Model Citizen or Public Enemy? Who do you Wannabe?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Makokam
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:34 am

Just making myself known in this OOC so I can get regular updates.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hinasil on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:18 am

touche

wow, who would post a word like touche? Other than me.
♪♫♪♫ ((((|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|)­­))) ♪♫♪♫
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hinasil
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hinasil
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:57 pm

What Dalmar said? Yeah, me too.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:44 am

Working... on profile... 6am... haven't sleept... omg... x.x;; (dies)
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:26 am

While I have absolutely no say in the application process, I feel that I should say this in the event that Myrin does get an application posted.

I generally have a rule that prohibits me from playing with any site moderators or other site personnel for Gateway. From my experiences, they tend to bolt from games with no warning and offer the reason that they have to run the site and that those responsibilties trump any responsiblity they have to a game in which they are writing. That is a perfectly valid reason, but it certainly doesn't make me excited about the idea of playing with them.

Since I am not a GM and don't have any control over the events of this game, the only thing I can do is offer a word for Myrin -- I would love to have a talented and experience writer as part of this game if you can actually commit to being a part of this game. I would love for this to be the game (and you to be the person) and that changed my attitude toward GMs.

Please, prove me wrong.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:37 pm

:O I apologize for your bad experience and I will do my best. =3

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:50 pm

My experiences with Myrin have been generally positive. So I'll vouch for her if it makes any difference.

Makokam
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:30 pm

<3 Thank you. =3

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:27 pm

Perhaps she will be our first new roleplayer! *is excited* And guess where I'm posting from: My newly repaired computer! :D

I've talked to some of my friends. One's response was "Why are you asking me? I'm not a good roleplayer" when she totally is. I asked another and he said "I don't know, I've gotta find a job or my parents will kick me out," -_-" I'm still hunting for people who would join us; I don't want this new thread to be a waste.
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:16 am

I don't think we'll have to worry about Myrin. In my experience she's always been dedicated.

Great to hear Eikou

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:20 am

Cept when my internet dies, D': Always my downfall. (kicks the net)

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:54 am

I'm gonna be honest, seeing a post from a green name scared the pants off of me. I immediately thought I was In trouble. The first thing I thought of was Adam (StandardFiend) and I getting in trouble for making a joint account with which to moderate this game.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:19 pm

Here's a question that we might be asking ourselves -- do we really even need a new set of writers? Let's look at the changes from Chapter One to Chapter Two. The only stable character that was lost in the process was Phileo, who barely posted anyway. That gap has been filled by Kai. With the potential and hopeful addition of Myrin, we will have more characters than ever before and the same number of writers.

Considering all of this, is there really a feeling that the game will not continue unless we get a full crop of new writers to join the game? That seemed to be the sentiment that I'm picking up from our leaders at the moment, but I could just be reading between the lines a little too much.

Allowing Eikou to flesh Asher into a full character and hopefully seeing some more direct SCORPIA characters would make this game much larger with a larger cast of characters than before. And it's also possible that the new recruits could be a mixture of quasi-NPCs -- not complete NPCs but not full character decidated to single writers.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:27 pm

Speaking of Asher, I managed to get his profile up. Should you want anything changed, I will do so. (I have an alternate character appearance at the ready, should you want me to change it. I picked this one because the smirk just seemed so much more Asher-like. And, if you want me to use the FFVIII version of Shiva, then I will change it. I just thought that since is was a Synth-GF a change in appearance wouldn't be too far fetched.) I would have gotten it up sooner, but, as you know, I have had computer issues as of late.

As for any character refs commissioned of me, They should be done before the end of the week. Should, but might not be.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Just keep in mind that your Shiva is not the real one. Zeke has the original Shiva, and Asher's is a clone. As long as that remains clear, I don't mind the differing appearance.

EDIT

I approved of both Asher and Starlit.

Technically, I was supposed to wait for Adam to look at Starlit, but he won't be back for another couple of days, and it's already been a couple. So I decided to take liberty and approve of Myrin now. If he has a problem with the character, then I'm sure it can be worked out.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:37 pm

@Ken: Will do, don't worry about it. I've got some clever ideas for how to specify her fakeness.

Yay! New person! We needed a personality like Starlit's to offset all of the bitter, kinda dark personalities. She's cool.
Great pic, by the way. I'm glad I'm not the only one who drew their own charrie pic.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:24 pm

@ Eikou: Kai's personality is anything but dark and bitter.

@ Myrin: Almost the same age and both from Balamb Garden, could be some shared history with Starlit and Kai. Let me know if you want to work something out.

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:10 pm

Protoman X: Awwe! Sorry about that x3. Hopefully in a few months, we should be able to add co-GMs to the RP tab and the need for shared accounts will be no more. ;) And thank you, if I need to change anything I have no issue with that.

EikouNekoChanL: It was actually because of you that I drew my own :D So thank you for that. <3

justcallmejag: That sounds fine. If you need a quick response from me, you can usually find me goofing off in the chatroom <<;; >>;; (Coughs)

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Eikou: since when is Wolf dark and bitter?

Anyway. About the idea of new scorpia agents. What about those two i submitted MONTHS ago. I'd love to take them for a spin and what better time to introduce them?

Makokam
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!