Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

From the Ashes

From the Ashes

a part of “From the Ashes”, a fictional universe by Protofiend.

Thirty-three years after the events of Final Fantasy VIII, SeeD is in shambles and the world is controlled by the execrable SCORPIA. Branded traitors and hunted every day, SeeD must fight just to survive.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “From the Ashes”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] From the Ashes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Protofiend on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:39 am

The RP is located here: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/from-the-ashes/

You'll find all the information you need there, but if there are any questions, please feel free to post them here. All OOC discussion should also take place here.

Please and thank you.
Final Fantasy VIII: Sting of the Scorpion
Part 1: SeeD
IC | OOC
Part 2: From the Ashes
IC | OOC | Tab

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Protofiend
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration

Re: [OOC] From the Ashes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:37 am

First reply! :3 It was a question pertaining to this RP so I thought it best to ask here. You said no anime stuff for appearance refs, but I've done a lot of searching for pics that would fit Eva and I haven't really found anything. I drew this super awesome picture that I had intended to use as a reference picture; would that be okay? It'll be fully colored and everything before I post it, and everything.
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Protofiend on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:10 am

Yeah. that's fine. Can't wait to see it.

-Ken

Protofiend
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:34 am

i got a question, can we make our own Gfs? but they have to be approved by you first of course.

all pictures that i use in my bios DO NOT belong to me

sin sin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:57 am

@ sin sin: For the sake of not having you wait until someone else sees this -- the answer to your question is yes. If you have a custom GF of some kind that you would like to use, send it to Protofiend in a PM for approval.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:36 am

oh that would be cool, cause i had one monster running around in my mind for quite some time now.

sin sin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:47 am

You can also ask about your custom GF here, if you'd prefer. Keep in mind that the Final Fantasy world has many unique summons, so yours has to be something truly spectacular to warrant consideration. We always prefer canon summons, so it might be worth looking through a list to see if there is something for you.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hinasil on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:14 pm

Question: Do you mean that the bio look has to be drawn, and not computer animated anime? Cause, I'm a little confused on how the picture has to portray the look.
♪♫♪♫ ((((|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|)­­))) ♪♫♪♫
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hinasil
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hinasil
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:07 pm

No, you don't have to draw anything; you can use computer generated images. We just don't want Japanese anime-style pictures. Take this example:

This is acceptable.

This is not acceptable.

This is acceptable.

This is not acceptable.

This is very borderline acceptable, and not preferable.

Does that give you an idea of what we're looking for?

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Hello, everyone.

Okay, so... I'm going to attempt to submit a character profile, but if it needs to be altered or I forget/don't get right one of the specifications, just tell me? This way, I'm not asking twenty million questions that probably aren't all that relevant. If something's incorrect, I'll change it, assuming it's even close enough to what you were looking for to be worth fixing in the first place.

It's been a long time since I played FFVIII...

~Kiku~
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:51 pm

@ Kurokiku: A good idea would be to take a look at the profiles that have been accepted thus far and copy the format from one of them as a template for your own.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:58 pm

@justcallmejag: Thanks! I did just that, and hopefully it all turned out okay. We'll see, I suppose!

~Kiku~

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:41 pm

I have a question regarding continuity, but it's on a fairly minor subject.

Zeke and Elia were 17 in part one. Part two is three years later. Why are they 21?

This affects me only in that Wolf was eighteen in part one, and he was a year older than everyone else except Eva. So now I don't know what to put as his age.
"Good and Evil" is too complicated. I prefer, "Us and Them".

"Munchkin: One who, on being told that this is a game about politics and intrigue in 17th century Italy, asks to play a ninja."

Hero or Villain? Savior or Destroyer? Model Citizen or Public Enemy? Who do you Wannabe?

Makokam
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperVixen on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:11 pm

As we've already discussed in the OOC from Chapter One, Elia's birthday could have (and did) fall during the events of Chapter One. That means she was 18 at the time and now is 21. Wolf could just be a few weeks or months older than Elia or any of the other returning characters.
Last edited by SuperVixen on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperVixen
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hinasil on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:00 am

if this: http://s934.photobucket.com/albums/ad18 ... g&newest=1: is acceptable, then I have a bio for it.

Hinasil
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Protofiend on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:37 am

Yes, that is an acceptable image.

A note to all new players: as you may or may not have guessed, you are blessed with two GMs for this game. All character applications will be viewed by both of us before a decision is made, so please don't expect them to be processed quickly. However, we will do our best to avoid making you wait a ridiculous amount of time.

Protofiend
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:44 am

I am searching for an appropriate character image for Kai. Finding suitable pics fir black characters is extremely difficult because they are wholly underrepresented in RP except in laughable stereotypes. The vast majority of images are alll of tthe typical white-person-trying-to-look-japanese type and that obviously won't work.

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hinasil on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:00 pm

This might be a stupid question, but do I put the GF I want in my bio? Or do you decide what I get?

Hinasil
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Protofiend on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Yes, please put your desired GF in your bio. The equipment section is likely the most suitable place.

Protofiend
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hinasil on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Well, my bio is going to be delayed for a short while, as apparently I wasn't logged in when I submitted it. And now I have to start over.

Hinasil
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!