Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

From the Ashes

From the Ashes

a part of “From the Ashes”, a fictional universe by Protofiend.

Thirty-three years after the events of Final Fantasy VIII, SeeD is in shambles and the world is controlled by the execrable SCORPIA. Branded traitors and hunted every day, SeeD must fight just to survive.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “From the Ashes”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] From the Ashes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:58 pm

I'll be working on my next post here later tonight/sometime tomorrow (Health Pending)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:31 pm

It's weird.

I was so eager to get my net back so I could post, then I did and I felt bad because I didn't have time to post, and then when I finally posted I went, "Yes! Posted! ... now what?"

Guess it's time to just sit back, wait, and study my drivers manual.
"Good and Evil" is too complicated. I prefer, "Us and Them".

"Munchkin: One who, on being told that this is a game about politics and intrigue in 17th century Italy, asks to play a ninja."

Hero or Villain? Savior or Destroyer? Model Citizen or Public Enemy? Who do you Wannabe?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Makokam
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:49 am

=< Same here, Proto.... My computer caught a virus a few days ago and I had to reformat so I lost pretty much... everything. I've been pretty emo about it. ;_;
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Topic: Random

Why the hell do I keep thinking this thing is called "Ashes to Ashes"?

Makokam
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:03 pm

LOOL!

I shall wait on your post then, Makokam. =3

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:50 pm

What do you mean you'll wait on my post? I posted on Saturday... O_o

but yeah, I'm not gonna post again until Starlit rescues them.

Makokam
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:23 pm

So. this was the 667th view of this thread. Who was the one who had the 666th? hmm?

Anyway. Starlit just relieved that guard watching me nd my team right? So I guess I'll go ahead and have her let us out.

Makokam
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:49 pm

Sweet, and I have just posted. BTW, the thump Eva heard was either Kai's crash into that metal scaffolding or Elia's fall onto the SCORPIA van. Take your pick.
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:39 pm

Okay, posted. I took some liberties with Starlit, but i tried not to do more than was necessary. Hope nobody minds.

Let me know what you think worked and what didn't.

Makokam
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Oh hey, question.

Will we be using the location feature?

Makokam
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:34 pm

Makokam wrote:Oh hey, question.

Will we be using the location feature?

I doubt it. We've been able to function without it so far. And if it ain't broke, then why fix it?

As of now, my computer is (more or less) working again. I think I'm still missing a couple of drivers but the most important ones (sound, video, wireless netowrk, etc) are up and running. What a pain in the ass this has been. I basically had to go in and manually delete the partition my operating system was installed on. Since I lost the reinstallation discs that came with my laptop, I could only work with what I had available, which was a Windows XP disc. The operating system installed fine, but the drivers/utilities did not recognize my comp as a Dell (since I was borrowing the discs that came with my Dad's comp). That meant I had manually download and install most of the Drivers one at a time. Thankfully, Microsoft has a nifty page that can take care of that for the most part. The internet is the only thing that truly gave me trouble, but a friend of mine was able to get it working again.

Long story short, my Vista has been downgraded (upgraded if you ask me) to XP Home Edition.

I have messenger reinstalled so I'm once again available for IM chatting.

Adam (and anyone else interested in playing games over Netplay with me), I should soon have Hamachi and Skype on my comp again for gaming. Thankfully, I backed up all my emulator and rom files, so our FF6 save files were not lost.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:27 pm

-cough-

So. What's going on guys?

Makokam
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:56 pm

The post for which I've been asked three times will be up in a few minutes.

Question -- who are the four people who have "liked" this game on Facebook?

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:38 am

I am one of the four. I would assume that each of the others is one of our players. If not, then there is some weird person/people out there.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:33 pm

Short post is short. D;

Sorry for the delay, ;_;

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dalmar on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:59 pm

Interesting development, I'll be working on a post over the weekend.

Dalmar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:43 pm

I shall post tonight, hopefully. I have been swamped with homework and rehearsals ever since Eric last posted. *sighs*

And I was one of the people who liked this roleplay. :)

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:25 pm

I know I should be posting, but I've been caught up in real life. If it's not helping someone move, it's worrying about my own family moving. Not to mention my unemployment is always a lingering factor.

I hope to get something up by this weekend. Until then, I was bored and actually went and made a geneology for Zeke. Why? Like I said, I had nothing else to do and I thought I'd share it for kicks. Anyway, the Geneology begins with Watanabe Masamune, the founder of the dojo and Zeke's ancestor. I even measured their lifespans and used a calander system I created called BCE (Before Canon Events, aka before FF8 took place) and ACE (After Canon Events, aka after FF8 took place).

Name (Number in the Line of Senseis) (Lifespan)

Watanabe Masamune (Founder and First Head Sensei) (300 BCE - 226 BCE, died at age 74)
Watanabe Masakage (Second Head Sensei) (275 BCE - 206 BCE, died at age 69)
Watanabe Kagematsu (Third Head Sensei) (245 BCE - 174 BCE, died at age 71)
Watanabe Tadakatsu (Fourth Head Sensei) (212 BCE - 154 BCE, died at age 58)
Watanabe Saito (Fifth Head Sensei) (179 BCE - 113 BCE, died at age 66)
Watanabe Ganryu (Sixth Head Sensei) (150 BCE - 68 BCE, died at age 82)
Watanabe Jigen (Seventh Head Sensei) 116 BCE - 43 BCE, died at age 73)
Watanabe Chiaki (Eighth Head Sensei) 88 BCE - 18 BCE, died at age 70)
Watanabe Tatsu (Ninth Head Sensei, he was the one who first joined with SCORPIA) 48 BCE - 4 ACE, died at age 52)
Watanabe Taijo (Current Head Sensei) (15 BCE - Present, currently aged 48)
Watanabe Zekeimaru, aka Zeke (Eleventh in Line) (12 ACE - Present, currently aged 21)

EDIT: Just so you all know, half of those names are actually obscure and not-so-obscure references:

Masamune - refers to a historical Daimyo of the Sengoku Era. Also a reference to the legendary swordsmith, as well as the Masamune blades seen through out the Final Fantasy series.

Masakage - Historical samurai of the Sengoku.

Tadakatsu - Famous Sengoku Samurai. Widely considered one of the toughest warriors in Japanese history.

Saito - Rurouni Kenshin reference. The character Saito.

Ganryu – Another Kenshin reference. Minor villain.

Jigen – Reference to Daisuke Jigen, one of the main characters in Lupin III.

Chiaki – Extremely obscure reference to a Super Sentai (Japanese Power Rangers) character.

Tatsu – Reference to the first Ninja Turtle movies. Tatsu was Shredder’s right hand man.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:20 am

Hmm... looks like I'll have to actually GM for... I guess the first time in our new RP. It's regarding Mid's post:
I think you may have either missed or misread some parts of my post, since I put Starlit and Wolf's group into a situation that should offer plenty to write about; as it stands, your post kind of pretends like mine didn't happen, unless it's me who's missing something. My post left your party in a skirmish with a group of FIRST, who are just now beginning to act kind of strangely. If you could take that into consideration and edit your post to preserve our continuity, I would greatly appreciate it.

And now for something completely different.

No, my new character is not based on Balian. I say this because I thought at first glance he sort of seemed like he was, so, on the off chance some others of you also got that sense, I'm clarifying it. He is actually based on someone not even related to Final Fantasy. If it isn't already, it soon will be easy to figure out who.

Also, I felt like I needed to say something so that this post wasn't entirely about GMing, and that's all I could think of. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Fiend out.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:36 am

I'm of the impression that Wolf could stomp a member of first one-on-one, but that's just me. So, for the post I was going to write this weekend I was going to just assume that Wolf fell back to help Starlit before the others engaged FIRST. So I don't really see a problem.

Uhm... I had something else to say, but it escapes me at the moment.

Anyway, my post will be up by the end of the weekend. hopefully by this time tomorrow. no promises though.

Makokam
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!