Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fullmetal Alchemist Roleplay?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: Fullmetal Alchemist Roleplay?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZombieGil on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:08 am

Sorry guys that I literally said, "I'm interested" and then vanished. I've just been finishing my summer and packing since Band Camp starts Friday and School starts as that ends. I'm just a little short on time for the fun stuff in life.

I'm wondering though, has the Rp been created yet? I never saw a link. Oh and the Character sheet is looking pretty cool.
Thanks guys, I'll stop by tomorrow night.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ZombieGil
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:34 am

still here in case you where wondering...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:03 am

I'm still here and I was searching around for the rank that you were looking for. I found a page that explains each rank and even shows how many stars and such they have.
The first rank seems like it would simply be military police but since we are drafting people in, I think we could possibly make another (lower) rank if we wanted. Just a thought.

http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Military_Ranks

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:04 am

The character sheet looks amazing, Elizabeth!

Also, how do you guys feel about creating new alchemy? I know there were advanced forms of alchemy in Fullmetal Alchemist, such as flame alchemy and Kimblee's explosion alchemy. If you guys are against the idea I'd understand, but it's just an idea I decided to throw out.

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elizabeth ArStrange on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:47 am

Oh, I take no credit for that at all, the coding is all by Elrith (but I love it too!). I'll be sure to credit you in the roleplay tab, Elrith.

@Elrith: I believe they've lowered that to 10. I apologize, I wasn't attempting to ignore you messages, I was just tired after work and didn't have a chance to reply to your character skeleton. I'm doing so now! If anyone else would like to send me their character profiles ahead of time by PM, go for it! All I've got left to do is copy paste some text into the roleplay tab, but I think that would be the best way to go about it regardless, so we can make changes as needed.

@Sweet: Elrith has already done so (quite impressively in fact) and I'm all for it so long as it's not over powered and makes a certain amount of sense within the FMA universe. I'm considering doing so myself, but it's not going to be entirely central to my character so I can take it out if too many alchemists get submitted.

@Doll: Thank's so much for doing the research! The FMA wiki is a total gold mine. Hmm.... Well, since our soldiers in particular are being drafted to enforce martial law in Central, I think the rank of Military Police might be appropriate. They could have the potential to go up to, say, Lance Corporal or Corporal in that position before warranting being considered for transfer to a more combat heavy zone? I suppose Alchemist of the State, the title deferred upon draftees with significant alchemic abilities, could be transient just as the title of State Alchemist is, and follow them through the ranks.

@Gil: No issue at all, we've all go things to do! Will you be without internet access during that time? I'm sure we could have a few late arrivals if we need to sneak your characters into the story later on :)

Elizabeth ArStrange
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:15 am

Glad I could help and that sounds like a good plan.
I will be working on a character soon but I'm not too sure on the alchemy and such yet, so I think it might be a little bit before she is sent in.

Edit: by the way, the coding on the character sheet in the rp tab is messed up and not showing up right. You might want to go check it out. Just so you know :)

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:23 am

Elizabeth, what's our character limit?

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elizabeth ArStrange on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:27 am

I believe it's posted in the roleplay tab as 450 words per post in character, however there is no word or character limit for character profiles.

Here's the link to Fullmetal Alchemist: Mind and Soul everyone!

And thanks, I believe I've fixed it. Let me know if any other changes need to be made!

Elizabeth ArStrange
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

I mean like character as in the characters we roleplay, but I just saw the limit on the link.

Anyways, I'm kind of confused with how to use the character sheet when there's already a place to fill out our characters.

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elizabeth ArStrange on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:57 am

I believe I explain that in the tab as well.

Please PM your completed skeleton to me prior to submitting it to the roleplay, at which point you should paste Personel File to Physical Description into Description, Personality Profile to Dislikes into Personality, and Military Record to Personal History into history in the official character forum. Exclude the note.

I added a bit at the end, so maybe it's a bit clearer now? If not, just fill out the skeleton as is and wait for a character to get accepted into the actual roleplay for reference.

Elizabeth ArStrange
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:01 am

The roleplays here seem rather advanced, unlike any other websites I've roleplayed on. I suppose I'll get used to everything in time.

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elizabeth ArStrange on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:45 am

Don't worry Sweet, we won't go too hard on you ;D
I mean, it's thanks to you that this roleplay is happening at all!

From this point on, I would like to suggest that we move all Fullmetal Alchemist: Mind and Soul discussion to the OOC thread!

Elizabeth ArStrange
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:55 am

Well, I just brought the possible idea up, all of you were the ones who developed it! ^_^

I'll head on over to the OOC thread.

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:52 pm

Just fit the parts of the character sheet into the site's sections as you see fit.

I'm still on vacation, but seeing as you guys made great headway and there is a page up already, I will be reading through this all again today/tomorrow and get a character app up. I will probably go with the draftee group, and have a half Ishvallan/half Amestrian character, likely not an alchemist but that is up in the air for now.

I'm excited to see all you guys coming together so enthusiastically for this. To have this many people helping build the foundation makes it much more promising to not flat-out die a month or two in.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!