Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fullmetal Alchemist Roleplay?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Fullmetal Alchemist Roleplay?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:07 pm

Hello, I'm a new member of Roleplaygateway, and I'm looking to create a Fullmetal Alchemist roleplay. I'd like to see if anyone would be interested in joining before I actually make the roleplay, so if you would be interested I'd really appreciate some feedback on my idea. Thanks!

It's been sixteen years since Father, the leader of the Homunculi, was vanquished along with the rest of his forces. Peace has once again been returned to Amestris, and it's all thanks to those who fearlessly fought the evil. Amestris is now a democracy, and the people are more free to make their own choices. However, along with new changes also comes new evil. It's up to the next generation, and possibly some old heroes, to protect Amestris whatever the cost.

Yes, a very short and brief introduction, but I'd rather not have an extremely long one. Basically, this roleplay would be based on the next generation of alchemists, humans, homunculi, ect.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Fullmetal Alchemist Roleplay?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Hello? O.O

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:38 am

Hmm. Would like to talk to you a bit more about this? I've been working my way through Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and have gotten to about episode 40. I don't know what happens after that, but I really fell in love with the world, the politics, the rules of alchemy that they have. The story itself was pretty extraordinary. I got into it when I was younger, and finally returned to it now, and have been fighting the hellish urge to write another original character for it, as I did back when I was a noob.

This sounds like a great chance to bounce ideas off of someone who's more familiar with the series, but to still play in the same world.

Would love to talk to you a bit more about this. Please don't make the RP yet, I want to make sure I'm the sort of roleplayer that you'd want to stand in arms with. xD

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:08 am

Sorry for the late reply, I was at camp for a few days.

Anyways, I'd be happy to discuss it with you! I have a small plot already worked out for the roleplay, but I'm not sure if it's good enough. I'm still in the process of developing ideas, but if you want I can share the introduction/plot for the roleplay.

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:42 am

I would be defiantly be interested. I have been wanting to make one myself, however never could think of a good story line that was equal to the original.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm glad to know you'd be willing to join! If you'd like to help ViceVersus and I come up with more ideas, that would be great!

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Sure I dont mind, though I'm not sure how much help I would be lol

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm certain you'd be a great help, since I'd like a lot of creative ideas!

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:05 am

lol ok :)
Just curious, how many roles are you going to try to fill and will people be able to play as the homunculi?

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:42 pm

I think at the most I'll let five or six people join, and people will be able to roleplay at least one already-existing character and up to five original characters. Your original characters may be homunculi, but you won't be allowed to bring an already-existing character back from the dead.

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:57 pm

When you say already existing, you mean character roles you make?

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:33 pm

No, as in already existing characters form Fullmetal Alchemist, like Ed, Al, Roy,ect.

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:14 pm

ah ok

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:20 pm

Yep. I might let people roleplay up to two already-existing characters, but when the roleplay first starts people will just roleplay one.

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:37 pm

Yeah, thats the way I would do it too.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Anyways, do you have any ideas for the roleplay?

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:32 pm

For a continuation you would likely want to avoid human transmutation, since that was such a heavy focus. If you just want a rehash, that might still be fun, but if you want to be original that can't be the main crux of the story. It could be if we are wanting back in the world to roll around. I've seen all of Brotherhood, own it on blu-ray, but never read the manga. I saw the old FM anime as well.

I think it would be more interesting to have all new characters, not many of the old guard. They could be NPCs, but not heavily invested. Perhaps letting people be character's children would be cool (I want to avoid specific examples since Vice hasn't seen all of Brotherhood yet).

A few quick/simple concepts: (You don't need to know everything from the gate, you can build upon it)

-The FMA country is still a military state. War could be a focal point, whether it involves homunculi or not. It could be something simple like Drachma vs Amestris or a world war involving multiple countries, including Xing.

-A terrorist group has access to multiple philosopher's stones (not the true ones) and create havoc. The first question is whether these are leftovers from the last struggle or if someone is attempting to create new ones. It could even be a new type of stone that we could come up with for originality.

-Nazi hunters. There could still be sects of the old homunculi servants/soldiers operating or hiding in small sects like the Nazi's after WWII. The story could focus on rooting these people out and either executing them or putting them up for trial.

Plenty of other ideas given time, that is just off the top of my head.

EDIT-Or an alternate history one. I want to avoid spoilers for people who haven't seen all of FMA, but picture a post-apocalyptic FMA RP.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:00 pm

Well I would love to have a Role Play in the FullMetal universe but I rather it be less of the good vs evil thing, sure it should still have that element to it but I think it would be a better idea if the baddies are human and have a reason for their actions ether selfish or not so much.

I would also want to discuss this RP with you and hear your ideas about it and then share a few of my own.

Basically i think it would be nice to have multiple factions around but generally i like El_Gringo ideas. the very creation of the democratic Amestris may be a problem; for example the government reduces the power of the military because the government wanted to secure their position in rule (after all if a military steps down and returns power to the state they can take it back again if they wanted to) this later may lead to discontent in the army and even a defeat against an enemy nation such as Drachma which leads to territorial losses, a great cost of life, discontent, unemployment, limits on the Amestris military and generally what let the Nazis rise in Germany. or It could lead to the reality of a corrupt government which fails to satisfy the people. if you can PM me your story idea and maybe i will be able to offer a few suggestions :)

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:50 pm

El_Gringo wrote:For a continuation you would likely want to avoid human transmutation, since that was such a heavy focus. If you just want a rehash, that might still be fun, but if you want to be original that can't be the main crux of the story. It could be if we are wanting back in the world to roll around. I've seen all of Brotherhood, own it on blu-ray, but never read the manga. I saw the old FM anime as well.

I think it would be more interesting to have all new characters, not many of the old guard. They could be NPCs, but not heavily invested. Perhaps letting people be character's children would be cool (I want to avoid specific examples since Vice hasn't seen all of Brotherhood yet).

A few quick/simple concepts: (You don't need to know everything from the gate, you can build upon it)

-The FMA country is still a military state. War could be a focal point, whether it involves homunculi or not. It could be something simple like Drachma vs Amestris or a world war involving multiple countries, including Xing.

-A terrorist group has access to multiple philosopher's stones (not the true ones) and create havoc. The first question is whether these are leftovers from the last struggle or if someone is attempting to create new ones. It could even be a new type of stone that we could come up with for originality.

-Nazi hunters. There could still be sects of the old homunculi servants/soldiers operating or hiding in small sects like the Nazi's after WWII. The story could focus on rooting these people out and either executing them or putting them up for trial.

Plenty of other ideas given time, that is just off the top of my head.

EDIT-Or an alternate history one. I want to avoid spoilers for people who haven't seen all of FMA, but picture a post-apocalyptic FMA RP.

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it. Anyways, I was thinking a terrorist group and possibly a war would be interesting. I might consider putting both into the roleplay, but maybe have them take place at different times.

As for all new characters, I'm going to encourage those who join the roleplay to create new, original characters. I will also give them the option to roleplay at least one already-existing character.

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweetInsanity on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Colonel_Masters wrote:Well I would love to have a Role Play in the FullMetal universe but I rather it be less of the good vs evil thing, sure it should still have that element to it but I think it would be a better idea if the baddies are human and have a reason for their actions ether selfish or not so much.

I would also want to discuss this RP with you and hear your ideas about it and then share a few of my own.

Basically i think it would be nice to have multiple factions around but generally i like El_Gringo ideas. the very creation of the democratic Amestris may be a problem; for example the government reduces the power of the military because the government wanted to secure their position in rule (after all if a military steps down and returns power to the state they can take it back again if they wanted to) this later may lead to discontent in the army and even a defeat against an enemy nation such as Drachma which leads to territorial losses, a great cost of life, discontent, unemployment, limits on the Amestris military and generally what let the Nazis rise in Germany. or It could lead to the reality of a corrupt government which fails to satisfy the people. if you can PM me your story idea and maybe i will be able to offer a few suggestions :)

Yes, I agree a democracy may not be the best idea. Thank you for pointing all of this out. Besides, if we did decide to have Amestris become a democracy, it may be somewhat confusing to decide what happens since a lot of fans are used to the military having control over Amestris.

Anyways, if you wouldn't mind I'd like to discuss ideas more on this topic than through pm's, that way others can give feedback to those ideas.

SweetInsanity
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!