Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gifted

Gifted

a part of “Gifted”, a fictional universe by fivehours.

New York City has always had a thriving underground community of powered individuals. Prejudice has long been their biggest rival, until a recent string of deaths has made a small group of young Gifted aware that their peers are being targeted.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gifted”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Gifted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fivehours on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:07 am

Hello, hello, everyone! Your friendly local GM here with an announcement!

Cloud and I were hoping that you could all aim for your character sheets to be completed by the 3rd (MST) or the 4th (NZDT) (an exact countdown to make it easier for everybody), as at that point we will review all of the characters! To give you a better idea of what we're looking for- no, it's not how beautiful or aesthetically pleasing your sheets are (though, I know that there are some very talented people who just make these beautiful, amazing sheets. Like, I swear we have some graphic designers in our midst, but alas, as a mere pleb I can only marvel.), but rather, we're looking at the content of the sheet itself. We'd like to see some awesome, out-of-the-box thinking and creativity that's presented in a thoughtful and expressive manner. Though, not to disregard realism! Afterwards comes the acceptance of the characters and a full reveal of the cast on the Introduction for you all to check out! I know that you've all been working so hard and it's amazing to see these fantastic ideas.

Those who will ask for a slight extension or have requested an extension will be exempt from the initial process. Because we take into account the reliability of the player (and God, I know a lot of the time it's not even your fault when things come up, so it's always a crap situation), those take longer might be slightly disadvantaged. We just want to ensure that everyone is getting a fair chance.

All in all, I hope this cleared things up! We've already been peeking at the characters. I want you to know that Cloud and I totally appreciate everything you guys have been doing. Like, it's so amazing how you all, even with all of our nit-pickiness, have stuck with us.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fivehours
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Hola amigos! This is Cloud, your other friendly local GM here! :)

Dropping in to point out that a 'People & Places' thread has been added, though by now I'm sure you've all seen it. If by some chance you haven't clicked in to give it a gander, I'd recommend doing so when you have time! As the roleplay progresses fivehours and I will be adding any new NPCs or locations that are needed for the plot. :)

I'd also like to take this opportunity to follow fivehours' example and introduce you to my characters. We have Casper Temple, the friendly ghost, the sarcastic boy with an excess of confidence. Then there's the diplomat's daughter who swears worse than a sailor falling overboard, Frankie de Vries. The second half of the Kipling twins, Toby Kipling. Toby's most likely found with his eyes rolling and an exasperated sigh on his lips at Bast's word vomit. Finally, my disney princess Jack Lacey, whose love of animals is only rivalled by his love of toffee. Just like me, they're looking forward to meeting all of your new characters :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:51 pm

@Cloud I just wanted to let you know that I am entirely in love with Jack. He's simultaneously a Disney Princess and a puppy.
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:25 pm

iCat, thank you! I'm so glad you like him and get the puppy vibe from him <3 He's my baby and I'm so attached haha.

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fivehours on Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:26 pm

iCat, I totally agree! He's such a freakin' cutie!

fivehours
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The DSM XXVI on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:48 pm

Alright! I finished roleplay/gifted/characters/hana-atal ....Hana I had fun with this girly girl, haha. Can't wait to begin!

The DSM XXVI
Member for 8 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fivehours on Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:03 am

Just popping in to mention that I've added some playlists into the Miscellaneous thread that Cloud and I have made for the roleplay! If you're interested feel free to give them a listen. I find that sometimes music makes for great inspiration!

fivehours
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:37 pm

Hey guys just finished Alex. Finished him earlier than I thought I would but I had fun making him. If there's anything I need to fix let me know.

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:31 pm

Hey, I almost have Ozzy done. I just have his history and likes/dislikes left. I hope to finish that tomorrow. Please let me know if I need to change anything.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz on Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:43 pm

I should my girl Alex done tonight. I planned to have her done earlier but work turned into a mad house today with Galaxy Note 7 pre orders and Sprints system decided to crash on us too. Fun day XD

tigerz
Member for 13 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fivehours on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:11 am

The DSM XXVI and Blueshadow, so happy to hear that your characters are complete! I can't wait to give them a read!

almostinsane, your extension has been noted :)

Sounds good, tigerz!

It's awesome to see all of the characters shaping up, guys! I just want to give you all a reminder that if you need extra time to complete your characters, request an extension by leaving a message here in the OOC or PMing either myself or Cloud! We're going to begin reviewing the characters tonight and the reveal of the characters will be happening within the coming day or so. Again, those with extensions will be exempt from this initial process, but we'll be taking them into account :)

fivehours
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatStupidPunk on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:21 am

Both Helena and Draco are now done. Hope you guys enjoy them :)
This is the end of control

ThatStupidPunk
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Summer in the City on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:22 am

Submitted my character! His name is Dylan and he's a mess!

Speaking of messes, my character sheet is messy so I'll be editing the formatting, but outside of that all of the actual text and info should be set! Let me know if you'd like me to edit or expound upon anything.

Excited!
[font=times new roman][center]We're living in a den of thieves
Rummaging for answers in the pages...

Summer in the City
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:21 am

Hey guys, thank you to all who have gotten your characters in by the first deadline. At this time fivehours and I are going to start reviewing those who have been finished. As she mentioned in her last post, we'll let you know our decision within the next day.

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:17 am

Hi, y'all. I'm sorry that I haven't quite finished Maria, my work asked me to work an extra couple of shifts tonight and last night, so I was a little busy. I'll try to have her finished tomorrow, though! :)

rubytuesday
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:02 pm

Just have Alex's history left and that will be done before I go to work :)

tigerz
Member for 13 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby katyisaladybug on Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:43 pm

Was trying not to do this, but I think I'm going to need to request an extension. I got dragged into doing sound crew for a play at my school, so I spent all of yesterday marking up stage cues and sitting in a sound booth instead of working on Kina like I wanted to. I'm going to work on her more today...I don't have much left to do. I just need to finish her personality, history, and her likes/dislikes. Thank you! (Btw...all these characters look so great...I'm blown away by how many great writers/designers there are on this sight!)

katyisaladybug
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:26 pm

Thanks for letting us know guys! Fivehours and I will probably make an announcement later regarding the deadline for those who have asked for extensions.

Also, as I'm sure you've seen, we've accepted in our first intake of characters. I'd recommend giving them a read when you have time! I'm really looking forward to seeing how the story develops with our new characters :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:59 pm

Ozzy is done. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:31 am

I am proud to introduce my babies and open my inbox to any discussion pertaining to our characters' relation.

First, my oldest - who looks way younger than he is - Luca Verlac. He's gloomy and anti-social, with a razor sharp tongue to match an equally unpleasant Gift. The star quarterback fallen from grace.

Next is Japanese-Korean Rika Yamada, who is the very definition of an extrovert. Wealthy, Insta-famous and painfully optimistic, she can often be found snooping through fridges or perving on unsuspecting youth (namely the poor, sweet, and very homosexual Toby).

Lastly, my youngest from China, Ai Xue-Hua, is a misdiagnosed Gifted currently residing in the Manhattan Psychiatric Hospital. She's mostly just blind and confused.

I've been reading all your skellies and I'm absolutely loving what I see! I'm very excited to be writing with such talented people.

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!