Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

I've got a swollen ankle.

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

I've got a swollen ankle.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby superfly98 on Thu May 08, 2008 1:58 pm

The swelling has reached damn near the size of a golf ball.... I already tried to ice it but it made it worse for some reason.... Any other alternatives?
A fist full of quaters leads to disqualification but a fist full of dollars be the shit that's running the nation.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

superfly98
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: I've got a swollen ankle.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rachelle on Thu May 08, 2008 2:01 pm

Can I poke it?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rachelle
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby superfly98 on Thu May 08, 2008 2:12 pm

possibly....

superfly98
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Fri May 09, 2008 12:17 pm

This may sound rash but it might work, Get two hammers, doesnt matter what. Get a bowl, fill it with cleaning alchole. This will sting a whole bunch but it should go away in a week.

1. fill the bowl with the cleaning alchole, make sure your whole foot, up to your ankle were the infection is.
2. Get the two hammers and put them in each hand.
3. This may hurt and it ma be kinda gross. This can onl work if te infection is patruting out somewhere, if it sticks out, but is in no bigger than a cm, then this will not work. Now if it is sticking out more than an inch, this will work

OK, Now lift the two hammer up, creating an 180 degree angle from left to right. Aim for the infection where it is sticking out. Swing the two hammers down, and let the hammer squeeze the infection. This will hurt like hell, but it will work, I think it depends on how solid the infection is. Once you hit it, there may or may not be a surge of puss coming out. IF not then repeat step three.

4. Once the puss as left, instantly put your foot into the bowl. filled with the cleaning alchohol. Thi will burn, alot. This is killing all the germs that are inside the infection. Wait till burning stopps. If bleeding clean up the blood, then put back into the bowl. Keep in the bowl for 15-30 mins.

5. After that wrap up the foot in a towel, and leave it wrapped for the whole day.

If this does not work, go to the doctor, cuss then it will be far worse than any home remedy can fix
From the Halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country's battles in air, on land and sea

First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rachelle on Fri May 09, 2008 12:59 pm

...OUCH! Just cut it off, alot easier.

Rachelle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri May 09, 2008 2:16 pm

RolePlayGateway takes no responsibility for your actions as a result of the advice offered in this thread! D:
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rachelle on Fri May 09, 2008 2:34 pm

Lol. I don't blame you for that.

Rachelle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Fri May 09, 2008 2:37 pm

LMAO

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby superfly98 on Fri May 09, 2008 6:27 pm

Xersist.... Thank you.... It actually worked but this made me go through the most intense pain. I actually shed a couple of tears. But when i woke up this morning... I could walk! Thanks Man! Thanks alot. I'll be sure to use the same thing on my kids if they ever get swelling as bad as mine.

superfly98
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri May 09, 2008 8:39 pm

Um...not all swelling is due to a build up of puss. Just keep that in mind. You should go to a doctor if anything is EVER swollen that much, or consult WebMD.com at the least. Hitting a swollen foot with a couple hammers isn't the most sanitary way to take care of yourself. You could indeed make things worse.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rachelle on Fri May 09, 2008 8:40 pm

Lol. I still think it should be amputated. Alot easier, less time consuming then letting it heal.

Rachelle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Mon May 12, 2008 8:16 pm

Well the swelling could be several things, but if its the size or shape of a s golf ball then its gotta be a infection. If it was a brusning then it wouldn't be a golf ball, more like a large purple welp. The only other thing would be a tumor or cancer block, but I couldn't see that happning.

Now I only told him this because he didn't go and ask a doctor first, so I gave him the next best thing.

(superfly were you being sarcastic, causs I need to know if it really worked for you.)
Last edited by Xersist on Mon May 12, 2008 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Mon May 12, 2008 8:21 pm

Oh and Rach, it would take more time if he was amputated. The healing process is much more painful, and unnessicary if it is a apmutation. Apmutation only works for cutting away something that is cancerouis, or highly infectouis. And you would need a doctor to do it anyway. Something superfly shouda done a while ago.

I just think your just trying to get a RL gore fix. Like the things you see in movies and tv are as dramatic or real. Which is a big fat no. TV shows and movies are filled with lies and exstraplations.

Xersist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rachelle on Mon May 12, 2008 9:46 pm

Errr. I know. That was teh funny part.

Rachelle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby superfly98 on Mon May 12, 2008 11:44 pm

I wasn't being sarcastic. It really worked.

superfly98
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!