Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

my in-laws are dead. sort of. (ooc and sign-ups)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

my in-laws are dead. sort of. (ooc and sign-ups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:54 am

my in-laws are dead. sort of.

IC

It is the summer of 2004. 22 year old William Michael Black, a high-ranking worker at an accounting firm, has just fallen in love with his new co-worker, a 21 year old accountant named Catherine Melrose. A lovely, elegant, hardworking, diligent woman... The perfect woman. After a few awkward his and hellos, invitations to hang out at the coffee shop down the street during lunch break and eventually, a coincidental blind date with her (thanks to an unsuspecting mutual friend), their attraction slowly grew. By Christmas of the same year, they eventually hit it off with each other.
Two years later, they announce their engagement to each other. Almost everyone rejoices -- except for William's coven. Yes, a vampire coven. He has vampire roots stretching from the 12th century, and belonged to the ancient family of Black. But Catherine does not know this yet. He is torn as to whether he would tell her or not, but he decides to keep it a secret, both from her and from his family and coven. Little did he know that there would be serious consequences later on.
When they finally get married in mid-2009, a month after the honeymoon, unexpected guests drop by : his disapproving parents. Will they learn to accept Catherine as the first human in their family? Or will they force William to let her go and possibly make him a permanently depressed vampire?

RULES.
  • Please, no smex in the RP. Oh well, if you have to, stick to the PMs.
  • Respect, please.
  • No Mary Sues / Gary Stus please. :)
  • Erhm, if you're going to post, please keep it at least 130 words and above.
  • No godmodding please.
  • Be creative.
  • I can add family members if you're interested.
  • Have... Fun?

ROLES.

The Newlyweds
William Michael Black : wednesdaysun
Catherine Melrose-Black : Imagine That!

The Melrose Family (Human)
Lianna Marie Melrose (mother) :
Oscar Melrose (father) : Tathos
more to be added

The Black Family (Vampires)
Agatha Black (mother) : Whatsername
Edward Black (father) : wednesdaysun
Francis Black (brother) : Keith-The-Evil-Bunny
Katherine "Katy" Marie Black (sister): Whatsername
Destini Mae Black : chaoticsunrise
more to be added

The Friends (More Humans)
Bella Donna Boudreaux : Renthead
more to be added

The Coven (More Vampires)
Caleb Adenson : ICryForAFamily
Olivia Risque : rubywolf1993
Justina Donn : Nezzera
more to be added

CODES.
Humans:
Code: Select all
[center][img]Insert image here.[/img]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Relationship to the bride:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Orientation (Straight, gay, etc):[/b]
[b]Description (Height, weight, eye color, hair color, build, skin tone, etc.):[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b][/center]

Vampires:
Code: Select all
[center][img]Insert image here.[/img]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Bitten or pureblood?:[/b]
[b]Relationship to the groom (Mother, Father, Coven Member, etc.):[/b]
[b]Actual age:[/b]
[b]Appearance age:[/b]
[b]Orientation (Straight, gay, etc):[/b]
[b]Description (Height, weight, eye color, hair color, build, skin tone, etc.):[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]Blood type preference:[/b][/center]
Last edited by wednesdaysun on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:16 am, edited 14 times in total.
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Re: my in-laws are dead. sort of. (ooc and sign-ups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:01 am

Ooo :) Interesting. Can I reserve Catherine please? I'll have the bio up asap XD
♥ Life's not the amount of breaths you take; it's the moments that take your breath away. ♥

Watch my boyfriend's Pokemon nuzlocke challenge on youtube? It'll make us both happy! <3 ~ Cam's Nuzlocke Challenge!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:02 am

Sure. :D

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:45 am

ImageImage

Name:
Catherine Nancy Melrose-Black

Relationship to the bride:
She is the bride,

Orientation:
Straight

Description:
Catherine is only a small woman, 5'7 in height and 99 lbs in weight. She has long chocolate brown hair with a natural wave that hits her chest, and dull green eyes that could almost be classed as grey. She could be labeled as a pretty woman, depending on who was looking at her, but she doesn't really care about how she looks to strangers. She will usually wear clothes like skinny jeans, fitted t-shirts and cardigans, which are mostly brightly colored. She also likes to wear jewelry, a thick bangle here or a necklace there. Her make-up usage depends on how she is feeling that day, or what she is going to do. It usually consists of some clear lip gloss, mascara, eyeliner and cover up, but sometimes she will also use smoky colored eye shadow.

Personality:
Catherine loves to laugh, and she will always be the one trying to make people that look sad smile and laugh again. She is usually quite bubbly and smiley, and she only really hates people if they insult her or her family. Other than that, she's very relaxed and loves her life at the moment, with nothing to put a downer on it. She finds it hard to trust people, probably because of how much she has lost in her life, but she is trying to get over it. She's so glad that she found and fell for William, as he's made everything right for her. She loves art, and will always have a pencil stuck in her hair or in one of her pockets in case she gets some inspiration. She has some of her own drawings and paintings hanging up on the wall in the home that she shares with her new husband.

Biography:
Catherine Nancy Melrose was born on the 18th of June, and grew up in a loving household. Nothing was wrong with her family life, and it was only her schooling time that turned everything bad for her. She had been brought up in a home that loved her, but everything was different at high school. No-one was there to be nice to you, only to lean and tease you. She didn't have many friends at school, only a few that have stuck by her into her adult life, but most of the school children didn't like her because of her talent at art. She was constantly winning competitions for her creativity, meaning that other students seemed to hate her being the center of attention. So, she was bullied because she did something that she loved. How was that right?

The teasing only stopped for her when she finished high school, and moved onto college which was where she met her first boyfriend. He was called Taylor, and he was everything to her. She only left him when she walked in on him sleeping with one of her friends. How nice. Even though he had betrayed her like that, she still loved him and gave him another chance. He cheated on her again, so she left him for goof that time, vowing never to let a man ruin her life again.

However, she met William when she joined a new work place, and he seemed to be everything that she wanted. It would be strange having a relationship at work, which was why they never really spoke for a while, but then they came together around Christmas time. When he proposed to her two years later, she had never been so happy. The whole thing that happened in college was in the past, and she knew that she had found a man that wouldn't cheat on her, or hurt her intentionally. He was perfect, and everything that a girl could want in her perfect husband. Their wedding day was perfect, and so was their honeymoon. No woman was ever going to be as happy as her, and she knew that this was the man that she was going to grow old with. She can't wait to have the rest of her life to spend with William.

I hope it's okay .. it's a little rushed..

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keith-The-Evil-Bunny on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:04 am

Can I be one of them's brother, don't care which my idea could work either way
Prison? no I can't go to prison? not for a cute little Bunny Rabbit!!!

Keith-The-Evil-Bunny
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ICryForAFamily on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:16 am

Name: Caleb Adenson
Bitten or pureblood?: Pure blood
Relationship to the groom (Mother, Father, Coven Member, etc.): Coven member and the groom's best mate/friend
Actual age: 300
Appearance age: 16
Orientation (Straight, gay, etc): Straightly gay( Bisexual, leaning more on the gay side too ashamed of admitting he likes females)
Description (Height, weight, eye color, hair color, build, skin tone, etc.): He's 5"9' and has a pale slightly muscular body. His eyes have different colors. His left eye is peircing blue while the other is jet black. His lips are thin and pale as his skin tone.
As much as possible he tries to look like a teenager fallowing the trend that mortals call "scene/emo". He has snake bite piercings and numerous tattoos. He has a branding mark found at his back along with a black vine tattoo that crawls up his body.
Personality: Caleb has a complicated individual. At times he is lose and quite a party person. He loves to joke around and acts very immature and childish. But sometimes he becomes cold and harsh. He can also be cruel and very mean depending on the person and situation.
Biography: Caleb doesn't remember his past. The only thing he knows is that the family he was born into is high and powerful.

Blood type preference: Rare blood types and Royal blood
Veteran rolepayer.
-sigh- I should be ashamed

ICryForAFamily
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:54 am

@Imagine That! : It doesn't look rushed. :) Awesome character!
@Keith-The-Evil-Bunny : Whose sibling?
@ICryForAFamily : Accepted! :D

just because Jared Leto is adorable. <3

Name:
William Michael Black

Bitten or pureblood?:
Pureblood

Relationship to the groom:
The groom, he is.

Actual age:

Appearance age:

Orientation:
Straight

Description:
William stands at about 6 foot 5 inches as, growing up, he has always been a tall boy, or rather, much too big for his age. The year he finally stopped growing and aging (though he could age at will) at 27, his parents heaved a huge sigh as they thought he might grow out of their large mansion. Of course, this was his parent's exaggerated childhood stories he grew up listening to, and this eventually became a family inside joke. He weighs in at about 176 pounds, and stays in shape by running around the city for an hour or so, and by taking the bike to work. He has crisp, bright light blue eyes that always seem to capture people in its gaze, and nape-length medium brown hair. He has naturally pale skin with a slight cold blue glow, but natural sunlight always seems to cover this fact up. It is only at night that he seems to eerily glow. He is never seen not clean-shaven.

Personality:
He has a generally sweet and caring personality, and is also rather awkward and clumsy when it comes to first meetings. He is very protective of his friends and family, and may come off as fatherly or brotherly to others. He loves to help people, but he is often trampled on and used as a result. He doesn't get mad easily, and he can't stay mad at anyone. When he goes on a killing spree, he is very, very ruthless, and dangerous and won't stop until his thirst (be it physical or mental) is quenched.

Biography:
Born on February 18, 1706 to Agatha and Edward Black, two very affluent vampires during the time, making him a lucky child. He grew up pampered, but he preferred to live simply and dig around in his father's personal library, absorbing all the knowledge that he read in those books. The personal library is still rather well-kept. He lived a rather happy life, or rather, half-life. He was intelligent, clever, smart, handsome, everything that would've made any man green with envy. Time passed by, he had five younger siblings to take care of alongside his parents, but it wasn't very hard for them to take care of them all. They were all behaved children, until one of them, Elizabeth, who wandered around carelessly, was killed by a troupe of vampire hunters when she revealed her true nature to a small group of people. That same group was killed in that alley, when all she was really doing was take a nice stroll around. This prompted William to slightly tighten his leash on his younger siblings, telling them to be careful next time they encounter humans. His heart hardened slightly ever since this day.

He managed to live through 300 years because of a small vampiric organization that deals with birth dates and personal information of vampires, and holds ancient records and birth certificates, especially the birth certificates of those born much, much earlier than the rest. The government have them under wraps, and always have since modern times. He was listed as born 1982, as were his other siblings (whose birthdates were also falsified) and his parents, and the entire coven he's under.

He was able to adjust to modern human life very well. He had a good job, rose through the ranks quickly and eventually met Catherine, who he deeply fell in love with. She wasn't like any other relationship he had in the past, when his girl would often leave him for another man and leave him heartbroken in the confines of his large room. He tried to get to know her better, and sensed some reluctance, but he pushed through anyway. They eventually grew close to each other, but their relationship was strained by work, until he finally got together with her on Christmas. His blissful days did not end there. There was the engagement and the wedding, all kept secret from his family until a coven member told his parents that he was married to a human.

Blood type preference:
AB+ or O, or synthetic.

Last edited by wednesdaysun on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keith-The-Evil-Bunny on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:18 pm

idk whoever wouldn't mind I guess...

Keith-The-Evil-Bunny
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:19 pm

Woo :) I rushed it at the end because I though it was getting too long :/
Also, man! Catherine's married to a guy that looks like Jared Leto *Loooooove* Haha. I will agree, he's adorable.

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:40 pm

I wonna join, can I reserve a neighbor person

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubywolf1993 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Was hoping i can join...am i too late?

Name: Olivia Risque (ris-kay)
Bitten or pureblood?: Bitten
Relationship to the groom (Mother, Father, Coven Member, etc.): Part of The Coven with Caleb. Friend of Groom.
Actual age: 296
Appearance age: 17
Orientation (Straight, gay, etc): Straight
Description (Height, weight, eye color, hair color, build, skin tone, etc.): Olivia has fair skin and long thick auburn hair which loosely curls down to her
chest, her eyes are a crimson shade but she fools humans by saying they are contact lenses. She is 5ft 4" and weighs 150 lbs.
Personality: Olivia (Liv) is very feminine and feline like, she can be a bit sneaky and a bit of a bully to those who get on her bad side. Liv is relatively easy to make friends with. She also very trusting of her coven.
Biography: After being bitten by a blood thirsty vampire, she has been condemed to this life. She is still learning to control her thirst for human blood. Her past as a human is not really clear but all she knows is that she used to be in a line of work with her mother involving lost of men and dancing, what this is she has yet to understand and realise the true horrifying facts of her human existence.
Blood type preference:Loves blood which is young, teenager to 30 year old is preferable, she has no particular preference.
It takes someone strong to look past your flaws and still tell you that they love you.

rubywolf1993
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:37 pm

Nah, it's not too late. Accepted. :D

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubywolf1993 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:20 pm

Yes hehe woot ^^ *dances randomly* is there an ic yet?

rubywolf1993
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Not yet... I'm still waiting for players. -_-

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubywolf1993 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:33 pm

dammit -.- lol this must be one of my best on-the-spot chars, i only just thought her up as i was typing it lol

rubywolf1993
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Whatsername on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:35 pm

Am I allowed to make another coven member? Also, if you would like I could double up and play as the mother vampire.

Whatsername
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:37 pm

You can make another coven member. I think a double up would be nice. :D

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Whatsername on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:44 pm

Okay, great. Am I allowed to make one of the groom's siblings, or shall I stick to just a coven member?

Whatsername
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keith-The-Evil-Bunny on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:54 pm

Name: Francis Black
Bitten or pureblood?: pureblood
Relationship to the groom (Mother, Father, Coven Member, etc.): Brother
Actual age: 299
Appearance age: 26
Orientation (Straight, gay, etc): Straight
Description (Height, weight, eye color, hair color, build, skin tone, etc.): Average hight, dark hair and eyes. Slender build,
he has a high metabolism, which is why he hardly gains wight.
Personality: Francis was a jealous child growing up, anyone who had something he didn't have he would just tense up so much no one would be able to talk to him for days. When he was finery able to over come his enviousness, which was only 50 years ago he was drafted for war and sent to France. After he returned from the war, something changed about him but no one in his family knows exactly what happened during that time and Francis doesn't want them too.
Biography: October, 4 1710... Sharing a birthday with St. Francis Of Assisi you would think Francis himself would be kind and understanding. Not a chance! he's crude and reckless with a bit of a temper. He has always been envious of his brother, and gone out of his way to try and prove himself better. Of course there was a time when he wasn't like that, it was a short time about 50 years ago when Francis was drafted and sent to France, although he has never told his family, but since he returned from the war he's spent most of his time at bars.
Blood type preference: B- or AB-

((think i'm done))
Last edited by Keith-The-Evil-Bunny on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Keith-The-Evil-Bunny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:01 pm

@Whatsername : You can make one of the groom's siblings if you'd like.

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!