Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Lost Characters

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Lost Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:36 am

I creted some characters and then without approving them I abandoned them, now they are gone from my rpg character section, how do we get them back?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Lost Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:44 am

sorry wrong place, just noticed please delete

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Lost Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:47 am

I created some characters and then without approving them I abandoned them, now they are gone from my rpg character section, how do we get them back?

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:56 am

Actually it's in the right place now, I moved it to the help forum from RP Design. I'm going to merge your new topic into this one, as this is the right place to post questions. The RP Academy is for RP schooling and improvement.

Ok, with that done, to answer your question, if you abandoned them, and didn't select the option to allow people to adopt them, then you cannot get them back. If you selected the option to allow people to adopt them, then you can simply re-adopt them.
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:34 pm

I did select so people could adopt but I dont see them in my character tab, i can find them through my messages as one is sent to you everytime you create a character, but there seems to be no way to edit or adopt them

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:36 pm

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Ah I see what you mean. As of the moment, there isn't a way to retrieve them. Since they were never a part of the RP, they can't be adopted by players in that RP (yourself included), and since you abandoned them, they're gone.

Abandoning is essentially exactly what it says, for when you don't want a character anymore. Adopting is for other players to take over a character you didn't want anymore, so that an RP can continue on even if a player quits (which isn't required if the character was never accepted into the RP to begin with). The system was never designed with the intent that people would be abandoning and re-adopting their own characters, since it's generally assumed if someone is abandoning it, they didn't want it.

About all I can suggest is remaking the characters, with slightly altered names.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Damn, they were specificly designed, Id have to recreate the character in the whole rpg shoot

thanks anyway

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elyrianadmin on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:12 am

I just recently encountered this problem and, as a totally new user, I find the inability to recreate a character with the same name completely off-putting.

elyrianadmin
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:51 pm

You can actually make two characters with the same name, but to prevent collisions they have to be in separate RPs. For example, I have two sheets of a character named Titania Brightsmith: One for The Multiverse and one for Pokemon: Breaking The Chains.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!