Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Magnus vs Sirius

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Magnus vs Sirius

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:48 pm

The man stood silently, staring at the wondrous spectacle that his opponent had requested him to arrive at. A magnificent depression in the Earth, some five hundred feet deep and almost a mile long had been carved into the rock and soil through centuries of bone shattering work. The sides of the structure were a brilliant sepia, and the rock which lined the bottom was composed of solid limestone. At the end of the wonder stood a gigantic statue of a rock golem, some one hundred feet tall. The sight that the man saw was one that had to be seen to be believed.

Magnus snapped back into focus as he searched around for his opponent. It had been a while since he had received a challenge from anybody. His opponent didn't appear to have arrived yet, but Magnus, when calm, was eerily patient, and could wait for days for a person to show if he felt it was necessary. However, at a tall 6'4" and 185 pounds excluding the armor which he wore at almost all times, he was a force to be reckoned with.

"Now," He thought out loud, "where is this Sirius that told me he'd be here today?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Magnus vs Sirius

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:33 pm

Sirius was a simple man at heart really, but ever since childhood he had also loved adventure and adrenaline: the challenge of the unknown. Magnus was a character he had met in a steamy Arizona bar one night, who was boasting about being the biggest terrors this side of the Mississippi. Sirius knew better than to exchange words with the intoxicated man, but instead wrote him a small letter.

"My name is Sirius Leonine, While my origins are none of your concern, I was put off by your brash language and boasting last night at the bar. I assure you, you are not the biggest terror this side of the Mississippi, and I aim to prove that to you. Meet me three miles to the west tomorrow at noon; in something I call the golem crater."

Sirius looked out across the crater from the west most end, he knew his opponent would come from the east, being the direction of easiest access from the town. In fact at that moment he could see Magnus entering the far rim. From the position of the sun, it was about 11:50, Magnus was about ten minutes early.

Using the extra time, Sirius studied his opponent's movements the man was likely to be powerful, but didn't look especially agile. Sirius was sure he was the faster of the two. Almost deathly quite, a 5 foot snake slithered up to Sirius and started to crawl up his leg. Tapping the snake on the nose Sirius silently thought "Becky, you need to stop doing that". The snake laughed back at him mentally as Sirius bent out of sight of boastful man, and called up a cane from the earth. Leaning heavily on it he proceeded to meet Magus at the center of the crater at precisely noon. With the snake only inches behind.

Sirius and Magnus eyed each other for a brief moment before Sirius greeted Magnus

"Welcome to what is called the Golem Crater Magnus. Quite the view don't you agree?"

Sirius could small talk for a while, certainly long enough to abuse formalities. Magnus looked like the type that while patient, he inwardly wanted to fight and would snap if the formalities were abused too long, so Sirius was content to talk until that point was reached. Keeping an eye on Magnus the entire time and ready to react at a moments notice.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:53 pm

Magnus recalled reading a letter which he had unexpectedly found in his belongings. It was labeled as "from Sirius". Overall, the letter was based around calling Magnus out; apparently, he had been boasting while intoxicating at a bar, a place which Magnus did not frequent very often.

Now that his head was clear from the night before, Magnus felt energized and ready to prove to Sirius that he was in fact, the "biggest terror on this side of the Mississippi." Such a reputation in Magnus's home planet was one that was considered to be rather lowly; most who had such titles did not speak of it unless asked to. Of course, this wasn't Magnia. This was Earth, where the smallest thing out of the ordinary became the center of attention. However, his opponent didn't seem too intimidated, as he readily struck up a conversation with him upon meeting in the center of the geological wonder.

"Welcome to what is called the Golem Crater Magnus. Quite the view don't you agree?" Sirius spoke in a seemingly normal and polite voice; he seemed as if he actually only came to engage in conversation. But Magnus's fighting experience told him that such a theory was completely false. However, Magnian customs, which were in some ways similar to that of Earth's, advised that Magnus take up the fellow in a short period of pleasantries before the exchanging of blows was to begin.

"Golem Crater. I see. So the name is derived from the statue." Magnus responded while visually scanning his opponent for first impressions on how he would fight. An average size for a human being, almost as tall as he, but not quite. However, his weight and stature seemed to be smaller than his. The typical "less power for more speed" trait was common in those that Magnus trained with, so the body type was not foreign to him in the least.

"Well then, I hope I can show you two things today. The first is the error of your ways, and the second," Magnus smiled as he picked up a nearby stone, and crushed it with his right hand, "would be how wrong of you it was to invite me here. Quite the bad decision, if I say so myself. But you can find that out the hard way."

He then frowned slightly as he lowered his center of gravity by bending his knees, with his right arm towards his opponent; his hand balled in a fist. "Come. Let us see who is the true terror."

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:54 pm

OOC: Hey guys, I don't mean to interrupt - but don't forget to record the results of this fight in the GT League Hall of Records. :]
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:42 am

Sirius was a little put out, He always enjoyed pushing formalities until the other party snapped and out of anger started attacking him. Magnus didn't seem to be one who would break concentration so easily. Shrugging, Sirius stood up straight for the first time and looked over his opponent. Magnus was crouched as if ready to jump or roll at a moment's notice.

Looking down at the snake Sirius nodded and mentally told the snake to flank Magnus on the left hand side while he circled right. When the snake, himself and Magnus formed a perfect 90 degree angle (with Magnus being the axis) he signaled the snake to move in, while he ripped his cane from the ground. This caused a 20 foot long earthen whip to pull out of the ground. The whip however, was being pulled out of the ground in a linear line directly between Magnus's legs and ten feet behind him.

As the whip pulled free of the earth Sirius aimed it directly upward between Magnus's legs.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:06 pm

As Sirius stood up, Magnus spotted something on his leg which coiled around it as if it were a pole. Had the thing not moved, Magnus would have not figured it to be a snake, but as it stared at Sirius, the message was clear. He had a snake with him, and one that was not too small, either. It could most likely dish out some serious pain if it got through Magnus's armor.

However, the two split from each other as the snake moved to Magnus's left, and Sirius to his right. Magnus figured that the snake would take longer to reach its target, so he decided that there would be more open space if he went to his left. He retracted his extended fist without relaxing his palms, and thrust his hands over to his left. The result was two cylindrical columns of rock with a flat surface which thrust out from the ground at an angle suddenly and quickly. As a result, Magnus was sent flying to his left at nearly 30 miles per hour.

In about one and a half seconds, he landed by bending his knees a little further to absorb the shock, now fourty two feet to the left of where he had been before, meaning that the flanking had failed for the most part. His opponent, who had ripped a whip-like object composed entirely of rock from the ground where Magnus had previously stood, appeared to be somewhat vulnerable.

Magnus brought his knee forwards before stomping his foot into the ground. The first action caused another pillar of rock jutting up towards Sirius. If he could not react in time, he would be hit by a blunt, but tough object which could send him flying fifty feet back or more. The second action would cause the pillar, which would be soaring in the air by the time Sirius reacted or didn't react to smash into the ground with enough force to bend any loose ground within twenty five feet of it in a wave-like effect, which would serve to de-stabilize Sirius's stance, if he had one. Of course, he could easily be crushed by the pillar if he wasn't paying attention or landed in the wrong place.

Magnus paid half a mind to the snake, but still watched it's movements, albeit not as carefully as if he were paying full attention to it.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:25 pm

Just as Sirius started to pull his whip from the ground Magnus braced himself for some action. Sirius could sense the earth around Magnus shift as if to make way for something coming below ground. The rumbling intensified as two solid rock pillars came crashing out of the ground sending Magnus about 40 feet to his left. This left the snake and him in Magnus's vision, even though the Becky was sure to be in his peripheral vision.

Sirius finished pulling his earthen whip out of the ground as Magnus made his landing. While the whip was made of earth, it was light all twenty feet weighing less than 7 pounds. The whip had the ability to have its entire length turn to stone at a moment's notice, or to turn back into the light leather-like earthen material it was currently comprised of just as fast.

As Magnus landed, he stomped the ground. Nearly instantly, Sirius felt the same sensation in the earth as Magnus had created before. Not being one to fall for tricks he had already been shown, Sirius pointed directly at where the disturbance was coming from, braced himself and said

"Crumble"

The resulting subterranean rock Magnus had sent at him crumbled to dust without ever reaching the surface. The force of the sand under the rock was no longer strong enough to break through the rock, but it did throw up some of the surface sand to knee level. Sirius being braced was more then ready to absorb the miniature shock through his legs.

His next move was to mentally tell Becky the snake to circle behind the man at maximum speed once she had gone out of the man's peripheral vision. Truth be told, the snake could average a very good speed when she was in battle form. Shooting off at speeds between 35 and 40 MPH. Complying, the snake moved at about half speed until it was out of Magnus's Vision range. Once out of sight, she would charge his backside looking to bite any area of exposed flesh.

As the snake started moving Sirius began his own attack. Circling left, trying to draw Magnus's attention in the opposite direction of the snake, he cracked his whip, sending the whip horizontally across the battlefield aiming it at Magnus's midriff. Should Magnus be unable to dodge or decide not to, the whip would anchor him in place, as well as cause some rather severe lacerations.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:23 pm

Magnus took careful note of his opponent's abilities that were used during his fights. It was a common strategy, feeling out what his opponent could do, and a tactical fighter always needed information of their opponent before they could do anything against them. "Control over Earth," he took a mental note in his head while watching the man and the snake, "Amount of control still unknown. This should be an interesting fight. Time to push him a little further." The snake was attempting to get around Magnus, but he wasn't about to allow the flanking to occur, not while he was still able to do something about it.

A smile appeared on Magnus's face as he maneuvered himself so that he was in-between Sirius and his pet snake, which he found was traveling quite quickly. An odd phenomenon, a snake that could travel with the vehicles of the Earth residents. However, he had to stop both Sirius and his pet before they outmaneuvered him and took him down. Thus, he decided to attack both at once. He kicked the ground, which caused two decently sized boulders to rise from either side of him. Quickly and forcefully, Magnus smashed them in both directions towards both the snake and Sirius using nothing but his elbows, which were shielded with armor. The boulders flew towards their targets in a low arc, but they would hit if the two of them didn't move.

The follow up was simple, all he had to do was extend his arms and two monstrous blasts of fire burst forth from his palms. The infernos traveled quickly, following the boulders rather closely in their pursuit of Sirius and his snake. Now, Magnus remained still, but kept half a mind on both creatures, ready to note their replies.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:09 pm

Sirius smiled. It seemed like Magnus' attention was being split between two places rather effectivly. The Mangnarian didn't even seem to notice the whip Sirius had sent at him. Instead, Magnus kicked the ground producing 2 boulders, which he smashed in the directions of both Sirius and the snake. With the whip now less than a foot away from his target, Sirius decided to change the composition of the whip to solid rock. The resulting hit would be equivilent to being hit with a 20 foot stone pole and could easily cause some serious damage to Magnus. Still ignoring the whip though, Magnus then brought his hands out straight and unleashed a cough of fire before being hit by Sirius' whip.

The result was Magnus being thrown to the left at a rather high speed. Sirius wanted to follow up with somthing else, but he still had to react to the rocks Magnus had thrown at him. First turning the whip back into it's flexible shape, Sirius focused on both boulders and responded much the same way he had to Magnus' first earthen assault.

"Crumble"

The rocks turned to sand in mid air, and the two small fireballs were snuffed out by the resulting downpour. Being free of the attack, Sirius cast out his mind searching for another friend to join the fight. Without saying a word, Sirius said "I Sirius Leonine am in combat with an enemy, I call upon the Golems to join my cause"

Suddenly, the earth seemed to respond as the crater moaned:

"I, Kantato of the golems hear your call. Let my presence be known!"

As the earth finished speaking, a pillar of sand, earth and stone appeared just to the right of where Magnus just landed. The pillar was 8'6 and weighed almost a ton. Shaking it dislodged the earth it had aquired on the journey up, and was ready to fight for Sirius as if they were brothers. It raised it's right leg, ready to crush Magnus should he prove to be too slow or stunned to move.

(OOC: I decided to change the last sentance as I decided it would be to much to so much while magnus was in the air. Confirmed with Shade via AIM)

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:14 pm

"The whip," Magnus thought as he felt a fierce, yet blunt smashing sensation on the side of his armor, "how could I have forgotten?". Taken by surprise, he was unable to root himself to the ground of deflect the momentum of the whip, and instead sailed through the air at a rather high velocity. A second passed before Magnus was able to regain control of his body after such a large impact. He raised himself upright, and effectively "caught himself" by sticking his arms forward, and thrusting his fists behind his head, the closed palms passing by his hears. This caused a tall, flat slab, about ten feet in height and two feet wide to rise from the ground at a fifty degree angle or so. His feet hit the slab, but without repercussion. This was because it was traveling backwards with Magnus. He slowed the slab's movement, which in turn slowed his own momentum so that he could safely catch himself without any further injury.

There was no time to inspect the damage to the armor he had received. Instead, Magnus thrust his fists down in front of his face, then down towards his waist, then forwards again. Now, the slab reversed direction, and surfed towards Sirius, with Magnus in tow. As he approached his opponent, he could hear him chanting words, and suddenly sensed a booming voice behind him. Whatever it was would have to wait, as the time to strike had come. Magnus now thrust his fists to his right while jumping off his slab, and rotating clockwise as he approached Sirius, which caused the slab of earth to change direction and head in his direction, the smaller side approaching him. Magnus was now traveling past his foe while the slab was moving towards him from a perpendicular angle.

Magnus was now sailing in the air and facing his opponent's back, but he relaxed and then clenched his fists once again, sending them back up over his head. As expected, another slab appeared to catch the warrior at the same fifty degree angle as before. He awaited his opponent's response, while rotating and clenching his right fist to lock his feet into the slab to prevent himself from falling while it was idle.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:12 pm

As Sirius finished summoning his Golem friend, he received a rather unpleasant sight. Magnus was no longer flying through the air as Sirius had left him, but surfing on a rock slab he must have created to catch himself. Directly towards Sirius.

"Interesting ability" Sirius thought to himself "That may be something I'll have to use later"

Readying his whip, Sirius watched as Magnus prepared to jump from the stone slab he was currently on. "I see what you're doing Magnus" he teased. Just as Magnus jumped Sirius aimed the flexible whip once again at Magnus' torso. Assuming Magnus didn't have an ability to dodge in mid-air; the whip would connect and wrap itself around Magnus' middle while he was still in the air. If it did connect, the section of the whip around Magnus' middle would turn to stone preventing it from being pulled off. Meanwhile, he watched as the first stone slab turned on its edge and headed towards Sirius. No more than a foot wide, the slab was an easy dodge. As Magnus landed, on his second slab, Sirius lightly hopped two feet to the side of the first slab that Magnus was furthest from and planted the base of his whip in the earth where it took root. The whip would not budge from this position until Sirius wanted it to.

Immediately after planting the whip Sirius summoned Becky to assault the platform Magnus was standing on, while the pillar of stone that was Kantato appeared with a rumble directly behind the stone platform Magnus was standing on. Shaking slightly to loose the earth it had acquired on the way up, the 8'6 golem took a massive horizontal swipe at Magnus with its right hand.

Likely grounded by the whip and under assault by both of Sirius' pets, Magnus looked to be in some rather serious trouble.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:32 pm

Magnus smiled, his opponent had fallen into his first move quite predictably. The slab was meant to be dodged in the manner by which Sirius had done so. The broadside was now facing the man as he evaded the thinner, much smaller face of the rock. However, Magnus had on his hands another matter to attend to, and that was the threat of the whip, which was coming at him whilst jumping from the first slab to the second.

A creative idea burrowed it's way into Magnus's head as he devoted one arm to activating the follow-up assault on Sirius. He pointed his fingers in the same direction, and kept them straight as he jabbed repeatedly to his right. From the broadside of the slab which Sirius evaded came a dozen razor sharp earthen spines, all shooting in his direction. They had a peculiar red glow on the front of them, but the glow was so dim, that it was essentially unnoticeable at the speed which they were flying.

Simultaneously, Magnus's left arm was assigned to halting the advance of the earthen whip Sirius had sent towards him. Its palm faced towards the sky as a large amount of energy gathered in one spot, which happened to be in the palm of Magnus's left hand. Suddenly, as the whip was about to pass by the limb and bind Magnus by the stomach, the energy exploded, literally, with a good deal of force, enough to knock a small car back, as a pillar of fire which could barely be contained in one hand blazed high into the air, causing spheres of pure fire to rain down on Sirius, as well as his two companions. The explosion, while keeping the whip away, also caused Magnus to fly downwards towards the ground. To prevent injury, Magnus reduced a few inches of ground under him into sand by opening his palms. The new sand absorbed the shock of the hit, and Magnus was able to summon the rock pillars under his feet to kick himself back onto his originally intended course of movement.

After displaying that his elemental mastery was as real as the burns and scrapes Sirius was about to receive, Magnus landed on the stone slab which awaited him, but noticed that the snake was attempting to assault him. In response, Magnus leapt down from the slab while moving forwards and landed on the ground, which also allowed him to remain out of the golem's way, at least, for the moment. He took a deep breath, and awaited his three opponents and their responses.

---

"Fire is the element of power. The people of the fire have desire and will, and the energy and drive to achieve what they want. Earth is the element of substance. The people of the earth are diverse and strong. They are persistent and enduring."

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:52 pm

Sirius frowned. Magnus was more agile than Sirius had originally given him credit for. Using his one arm Magnus created a pillar of fire to block Sirius' whip, using the other he made a pushing movement that Sirius couldn't directly place. As the slab Magnus sent at Sirius passed by, the pushing motion became apparent as the wall spit needles at Sirius at a rather close range. The needles had a red point, which must have meant Magnus was heating them somehow. Sirius' arm raised up almost automatically and he braced himself, as his mind subconsciously shifted his skin from Human flesh to extremely tough, heat resistant stone. The raising of the arm served two purposes. First to protect his face from the needles, second the action would cause several large 7 foot diameter earthen spears to shoot out of the ground.

The problem was placement; he was unable to see Magnus because he was shielded by the wall and his arm. Instead of using his own vision to figure out where Magnus was, he mentally contacted his Golem friend. Understanding the situation, the Golem fed Sirius images from its own eyesight as it grabbed the slab Magnus had previously been standing on, ripped it from the ground and attempted to crush Magnus with it. Acting independently of orders for the moment, the snake dropped off the slab and curled up around the left leg of the Golem. It provided sufficient bulk to protect the snake from the fireballs. An eight foot portion of the slab covered Magnus' backside, while a smaller 2 foot section covered the front. Using the input from the golem, Sirius collaborated the effort with 5 of his own earthen spears. They would appear in a semicircle in front Magnus. The middle most one would be pointed directly at Magnus' heart at a 30 degree angle, while the ones to the right and left of the middle would shoot out at 50 and 20 degrees, and the two on his sides both at 40 degrees.

As the heated earthen needles hit Sirius’ hardened skin, the points gave way a bit and instead of peppering him, the needles stuck to his front causing virtually no damage. Using the arm that was covering his face, Sirius brought it down brushing off the needles before they got a chance to harden. Simultaneously, he used his left arm to brush off the needles that had hit his right forearm.

Almost immediately, the fireballs that Magnus had shot into the air began to rain down. Sirius paid them virtually no mind, as his hardened skin (like the golem’s) was virtually immune to fire. Instead, he began to pull a trick he had been planning from the beginning. Waving his hands up and down he started making 10x10 slabs all over the arena 2 at a time creating a virtual maze. He created a 10x10 wall first in between himself and Magnus, and shifted his vision back to the Golem’s to watch Magnus’s response.

Satisfied with how the fight was going so far, Sirius called out to Magnus:

”Marco”

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:38 pm

Magnus was in a sticky situation; his opponent had almost completely trapped him. Another creative idea popped into his head as he hastily swirled his hands around his body, and then pointed his fingers and arms together in a triangle, pointing towards the golem, whose hands were over its head, ready to smash the man which stood only two feet and change below him. However, as the golem swung the slab downward with massive force, Magnus was quickly enclosed within a gigantic earth spear, which shot upwards. The sheer size alone was enough to break through the slab through piercing, but the momentum Magnus had given it caused it to go the extra mile and have enough force to shatter the slab, and pierce the golem's head if it didn't attempt to dodge.

Now safe from the assaults his opponent had going, Magnus exited from his earth spear and landed on the ground, after flying over the golem's head. Without warning, numerous slabs shot up from the earth, creating a maze. However, if the golem turned around, then Magnus would be in view of the creature. This wasn't something Magnus wanted at the moment. To counteract the possibility of a sentinel monitoring his every move, Magnus decided to add to Sirius's creation by creating a wall between himself and the golem, effectively blocking the creature's field of vision.

Time was short, and Magnus knew this all too well. Luckily, he had quite the advantageous factor on his side, and that was that he could create magma, as long as there was rock. He raised his body temperature by three thousand degrees for a few moments, and melted his own armor. He now had a good chunk of magma under his control, but he knew this wouldn't be enough. He spent another few seconds melting a wall behind him with the magma he had previously created, adding to the mass which he controlled to create a sphere of magma which was already just peeking over the wall separating him and the golem. Now, all he had to do was wait for the golem to come crashing through the maze, and then he could melt it within moments. Of course, the snake was free to join the party as well.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:18 pm

Sirius was too busy creating his maze to pay attention to Magnus' response to his attack. Instead, the Golem acted of it's own accord as Magnus encased himself in his own earth spear. Realizing the spear was pointed at his head, the Golem ducked as the spear shot over it's head, and ejected Magnus in a parabolic shape into the maze Sirius had just created. As Sirius finished his labyrinth, he checked the Golem's eyesight to once again place Magnus, but Magnus was not in the Golem's field of vision. The Golem looked around, and as it did so, Sirius noticed the spot he though he had Magnus trapped. The slab the golem had been carrying was pierced as if by one of his spears. Immediately it came to him. Magnus had encased himself in rock and shot through the slab.

Cursing, but sensing no immediate attack, he set about his next summon. Raising his hands to the sky, he called on the people of the wind to aid his cause. Nearly immediately, the sky turned an ominous shade of red, and there was a loud screech in the air. Coming at top speed from the west was Sirius' second favorite creature on earth, and not a moment too soon. The summoning had only taken moments, but the bird was still out of range for an attack on Magnus. Recalling the superior vision of the fiery phoenix, Sirius began to search for Magnus using the bird's vision.

Ah the sense of really being able to see came to him, even though the bird was several thousand feet away, it saw the battlefield very clearly. Nearly every spec of sand was visible to him. The bird easily picked out Magnus' position inside the maze. Sirius smiled again, Magnus was inside the maze and had melted his armor creating a small pool of magma in which he was standing.

"Well, he's pretty much immune to fire then" Sirius though to himself.

Magnus then proceeded to begin melting the wall closest to him. Sending a mental message to the Golem, Sirius fed it Magnus' position and his plan, he told it to be ready to nail anything that erupted from that position of the maze, and to be ready to crumble the first image Sirius shot into it's mind. Picking up two large boulders, the Golem was ready to comply. Now ready for his plan, Sirius chided Magnus saying "Oh no you don't" and made a sudden clapping motion. Immediately, the walls Magnus was standing between shot out earthen spears the length of the hallway. The tips of the spears branched forward ready to interlock in the spaces between the spears of the other wall. Magnus would certainly be skewered by this attack unless he came up with a creative escape, and Sirius wasn't going to give him another earthen escape as an option. Sirius prepared to crumble the likely defense Magnus would create using earth and stone.

But Magnus wouldn't know that untill it was too late.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:49 pm

As Magnus continued to melt the wall, he noticed that earth spears had shot out of the walls to his left and right. Acting quickly, he dropped the magma he was controlling, which splashed onto the ground, and with his palms open and facing the ground, thrust his arms and hands straight down. This caused Magnus to dig a hole for himself, which he began to sink into. As he repeated the motion, the hole dug deeper and deeper into the ground.

The earth spears collided together above ground, and the magma began to cool. Magnus, however, wasn't finished. He pointed his finger upwards, and a small tube connecting the air above to the spot where Magnus stood underground was formed, allowing him to breathe for a good time while still remaining out of sight.

To counterattack, Magnus listened and felt for the vibrations of the golem, which would likely take a step, or move in some way or another within a few moments. He took a first guess, and pointed his hands and arms in a triangular position while moving it upwards, which caused an earth spear to appear roughly below the golem. After all, the earthen beast was eight feet tall at least; how hard could it be to miss?

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:35 pm

Sirius watched through his bird's eye view exactly what action Magnus would take to avoid his previous attack. Unlike what Sirius had planned however, Magnus didn't create a defense. Instead Magnus created a hole and dropped into it just as the spears collided into the wall blocking Magnus, and the floor of that entire corridor from Sirius' view. It didn't matter though, underground, Magnus was an easy target even if Sirius didn't know exactly where he was. Stomping the ground with as much force as possible, Sirius unleashed his most devastating attack.

An earthquake. This specific one measured a 7.6 on the Richter scale, and was enough to bring down half a city, not to mention knock a man off his feet.

Underground, Magnus would not only have to deal with falling rock and debris, But Sirius had placed the fault line directly through the corridor Magnus had been in. The result was that Magnus would also have to deal with the earth sliding in two different directions, effectively shattering any type of defensive sphere Magnus may have encased himself in. If Magnus couldn't get out of the earth quick, he may as well have dug his own grave.

During this however, the Golem had retreated several steps to brace itself for the quake. An earth spear appeared out of the ground in front of it, but pointed the wrong direction. Causing no damage to the Golem. In response, the Golem tore the spear from the ground and readied it to be thrown at high speeds at Magnus once he resurfaced. Sirius was unsure where Magnus was at the moment, but he readied himself. His opponent was bound to explode out of the ground somewhere to avoid the quake and Sirius would be ready to add his own little surprise to the party as he began gathering and levitating rocks and rubble around him.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:33 pm

As Magnus finished shooting the earth spear at the golem from underground, he felt a strange vibrating sensation. It began as nothing more than a quiet rumble, but soon erupted into massive throbbing pulses of energy and disruptions. Thinking quickly, Magnus knew his opponent wanted him to escape the hole and resurface. To prevent anything from assaulting him upon resurface, Magnus spiraled his hands around his body and shot fire, creating a sphere of energy which would negate most attacks that would be thrown his way.

At this point, the underground tunnel Magnus stood in began to split into two halves, revealing a seemingly bottomless chasm for him to fall into, however, it also showed him the way out as light leaked then flooded into his previously safe underground hideout. Keeping the sphere of fire going, Magnus waited until the separation was wide enough for him to launch himself out of before performing his usual rock pillar under the feet trick.

This caused him to fly out of the chasm at an angle. The first detail Magnus noticed upon resurfacing was that the walls had all been toppled. This was a relief, as it would have been an annoyance to knock them all down one by one. However, he also noticed that the golem had grabbed his earth spear, which pointed the wrong way, and was ready to strike Magnus down.

However, Magnus flew high into the air, so high in fact that his landing destination was nowhere except the top of the statue's head (The Golem Statue, the one that's like 100 feet tall). Making a semi-rough landing, Magnus grinned as he lowered most of his body into the top of the head of the golem, and raised his own body temperature, creating the first of the magma which would slowly but surely engulf the entire golem and become an unstoppable force. To help hasten the process after reducing his body temperature to normal, Magnus shot a continuous stream of fire by the statue's head in order to raise it's temperature.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:10 pm

Sirius watched as Magnus acted just like he had expected. Exploding from the earth, Magnus shot out towards the Statue of Clydus the Great (Golem Statue), The Golem who had ended centuries of fighting between Golem clans, and united them as brothers. Sirius was moving towards Magnus as Magnus flew, as was the Golem. The Phoenix above matched Magnus' trajectory on a parallel path, but several feet away. Unfortunately for Magnus however, as he planned to land on the statue, it toppled to the ground and shattered (after all if the earthquake destroyed Sirius' maze, it would topple the statue), causing Magnus to overshoot the statue and crash into the canyon wall. Magnus took his eyes off Sirius' Golem just before he was about to crash into the wall. Realizing he had overshot, he raised his arms up to protect his face from the wall, just before Magnus plastered himself into the Canyon wall.

The impact left Magnus with cuts and bruises all along his front, as well as a broken nose and a slight concussion from where his head had hit his arms during the crash. The crash complete, Magnus began to fall towards the ground. As this happened, Sirius, the Golem, and the Phoenix all attacked. The phoenix dive bombed Magnus, claws outstretched, ready to rake its claws over Magnus' face. The Golem used Magnus' own earthen spear as a Javelin, sharp side thrown at the point were Magnus would soon be on his fall.

Sirius took several rocks from the cluster he had gathered, formed a ring and gave the ring a brown glow. Levitating it and expanding it until the ring was 10 feet in diameter, Sirius placed the ring about 15 feet below Magnus' current position, just a few feet above where Magnus would hopefully be hit by the javelin thrown by the golem.

It was like playing Basketball.

Only on this court, Magnus was the ball

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:57 pm

Trouble came Magnus's way when he realized that the golem statue was shaking violently, and slowly collapsing down on the rumbling earth below. He never actually made his landing, instead, he smashed into the wall, impacting his head and his front side. Although his chest and face became slightly scratched up, and blood began to flow from the open wounds, the most damaging aspect of the collision was without a doubt the fact that he was nearly losing consciousness from smashing his head into the wall so hard.

However, he fought the feeling, and after shaking his head, managed to gather his mind and reassemble his consciousness. Unfortunately, his troubles weren't over yet. He had not only a massive one hundred foot fall ahead of him, but Sirius seemed to be attempting to trap him from above and below, with the Phoenix rapidly approaching from above.

With a semi-quick response, Magnus attempted to reach out and grab the cliff, but his arms couldn't quite reach from his current position. Resorting to his next idea, Magnus pulled his arms in, with palms facing down and flat. This caused a solid slab of rock to extend from the cliff side below him. Luckily, it proved strong enough to catch him without his armor on. With a rough landing, he saw that the Phoenix had not relented its pursuit. To deal with his next threat, Magnus swung his arms down, with his hands in the same position as they had been just moments ago, clenched his fists, and thrust them forwards.

The slab now removed itself from the cliff entirely, and rotated itself so that Magnus was at a forty five degree angle from the ground. In an instant, part of the slab shot him downward at the angle he was currently at in excess of seventy miles per hour. His vertical position kept him safe from the golem; he was still twenty feet above the javelin which was thrown towards Magnus's predicted path of travel.

The final trouble which prevented Magnus's mind from resting easy was the fact that he was now similar to a meteor falling out of the night sky; he was traveling at incredible velocities towards the unforgiving rock floor below. He performed a similar trick as he had done previously in the battle by opening his palms and retreating them back towards his head. The ground where he would be landing suddenly broke down into a massive pile of sand, and rose up to catch him to cushion his fall. Although it was not comfortable, the technique managed to save Magnus from any huge injuries, and caught him safely.

He stood up, and brushed off his shoulders before recreating his armor with rocks from the ground. "Glad that disaster was avoided." He thought to himself while awaiting another attack from his opponent.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!