Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New Guardians

New Guardians

a part of “New Guardians”, a fictional universe by bombinate.

This new generation of heroes still has a lot to learn, but with the creation of a special team and mentoring from their idols, the New Guardians have everything at their disposal to hone their skills... provided they aren't killed before the year is out.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “New Guardians”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: New Guardians

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Sun May 28, 2017 7:04 pm

@bombinate now there's an idea for the story! XD

As for her character that is kind of my thoughts for, except I'd like to have her character development, especially with (either a few or the whole) New Guardians team, that they start to pull her out of her shell and have her realize that Fever still came from her and that as Lonna she is still someone and not a nobody, maybe even more so.
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good" - Fred and George Weasley

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chrian. on Sun May 28, 2017 7:40 pm

'IceIceAether' LOL

So Haru and Drel is a thing? xD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chrian.
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Sun May 28, 2017 7:59 pm

Lmao, I wouldn't even be mad if all the writing we did for this suddenly turned to stupid fanfic. It's all hilarious.

@Fredalice, I'm all on board the character development train. Let's give this girl a reason to love Lonna.

@Chrian Blaire, i'm extremely proud of the tumblr and ao3 names I came up with. IceIceAether's probably NPC Mikka's cinnamon roll ship, though she'd still put them through angsty hell.

bombinate
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist Promethean Author Inspiration World Builder Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chrian. on Sun May 28, 2017 8:23 pm

Like, how angsty can them be? xD

chrian.
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Sun May 28, 2017 8:26 pm

Lmao, if you read the dusk x golden girl fic i'm sure you'll see. Endless angst

bombinate
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist Promethean Author Inspiration World Builder Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AbsoluteWhisper on Sun May 28, 2017 8:30 pm

@bombie, you should be proud of those names. All of them got a good laugh out of me, especially GhostMeQ, but I may be biased. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love love love all of this. Of all the RPs I've been in, only two have spawned fanfiction, with this one being one of them. And I am so happy with all of it.

AbsoluteWhisper
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Sun May 28, 2017 8:35 pm

@AbsoluteWhisper, I'm pretty sure I saw some love hearts in the relations, so I definitely had to include something that hinted at Quantum x Ghost (the 'Q' in 'GhostMeQ is for quantum... though I'm pretty sure you got that lmao )

But you just know that this world would have fanfic writers creating sweet/angsty/erotic fiction about our heroes, and it's even funnier now that some of those writers can be NPCs who loudly debate their ships in class while sitting next to the heroes themselves.

bombinate
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby тнαηαтσѕ on Sun May 28, 2017 11:30 pm

bows yes thank u all i'd like to thank the academy.
    lol seriously i'm so glad you guys enjoyed reading them! we definitely wasted too much time writing them. they were supposed to be 300 word joke drabbles i'm still cryin.
    we totally don't have the monopoly on being claudia and mikka though, so if anyone wants to write as them, that'd be so cool !! and if you want to keep it really consistent, you can send it to us & we'll upload it under their names lmaooo

@bombomb, request & ask boxes are always open ;)
    tbh, as events happen in the rp that could serve as ff fodder for our favorite fangirls (i.e. aeolus catching a falling aether out of the sky and rescuing him from certain death ;;;;)))))) ) i can totally see us writing more for them lma0

@fredalice, body hopping shenanigans omg pleaase. i'd cry. multi pairing fic sounds perfect for that ;D

@absolutewhisper, okay but no lie i'm like ??? QuantumGhost' s biggest shipper ??? if they dont get fanfic from me eventually just assume i've died.

тнαηαтσѕ
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chrian. on Mon May 29, 2017 12:50 am

@bombinate I could imagine they would write something like my baby taking a stab for someone on his mission and he'll lay dying in their arms, still smiling while the snow falls LOL

chrian.
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AbsoluteWhisper on Wed May 31, 2017 11:03 am

Alright cuties, anyone else craving to get this show on the road? Who's left to post?
I need more cute interactions between my lovebirds...

Sorry, I'm just so excited.

AbsoluteWhisper
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Wed May 31, 2017 6:00 pm

@Everyone, I've already got the first mission plot set, so I'll give the two who haven't posted yet a teeny bit more time (maybe until tonight?) and then I'll just go ahead anyway. WoohoO! Let's fight some bad guys!!

bombinate
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpiritDancer on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:18 pm

i already pmed bombinate about this so ima just jump right in

eyyyy my favorite superhero movie is Guardians of the Galaxy since it's one of the few that i've watched

i didn't intend to write so much, but once you get the ball rolling it's hard to stop lmao but yeh, if there’s anything that too similar to another hero or just something you don’t like just let me know and i’ll fix it

MICHI KNELLER
    also known as Täuschung

Imagei. powers
    Illusion Manipulation & Energy Detection - Illusion manipulation consists of the ability to create and shape illusions that can affect someone's sense of taste, smell, touch, hearing, sight, and every other imaginable sense. How Michi's power in particular works is that she sees the "threads" of energy that connect everything in the world (which is where her power of energy detection comes in) and the way she creates the illusions is by "pulling” or “tugging" on the threads, specifically those that are attached to someone senses and the way they perceive the world.

ii. weaknesses
    When not completely focused, her illusions start to bend and warp, revealing the fact that they are, in truth, not real. The more complicated the illusion means that the warping is more likely to happen, so making illusions of people is particularly hard for her. This is due to the fact that she hasn’t completely mastered her powers, thus her illusions do tend to be very fickle. Not to mention that someone with advanced sight could very well see through her visual illusions.

One major and innate drawback to using her powers far too much is that she becomes vulnerable to her own illusions. Similar to how someone who is schizophrenic might experience hallucinations, her own powers do tend to turn against her, making it hard to discern what is real and not. This can be particularly dangerous whenever in a fight, and so she tries not to push herself that far. Her power relies heavily on the serum that her father had used to give her her powers in the first place. Given the fact that her power stems from the alteration of neural pathways, without the serum to force the connection of those pathways, her powers go into a state of dormancy where she is unable to use them.

In short bursts of power usage this isn't a problem, but using her powers for extended periods of time is impossible without being constantly injected with the serum. She has bypassed this by having Täuschung's suit outfitted with tubes running along her back to inject it into her arteries, but if those tubes were ever damaged she'd be unable to use her powers in a fight.

iii. faceclaim
    Kwak Ji Young

iv. origin
    Michi's father was a man of science. Born in North Korea, Iseul Jo was a well renowned scientist for his breakthrough studies on the powerful machine that is the human mind, and the potential that it held. He was most popular for a hypothesis he had introduced; that the human mind could be physically altered to allow for the manipulation of the energy and elements that make up this world. It would allow for the creation of artificial super humans, and it was an idea he became obsessed with.

However, to experiment and prove this hypothesis true, he required a test subject, one that was still a developing human. Instead of adopting an orphan, he had a child of his own with one of his fellow scientists from Germany, Thea Kneller. And of course, this child would later be known as Michi, but for now she was a test subject, only to be referred to as Shun. For the earlier years of her life, she had a seemingly normal childhood compared to that of other children. The only difference is that her body was being conditioned to withstand the experiments she would undergo later in life.

It was when she reached the age of ten that the experiments began. There was a slew of side effects that came with each injection, each serum meant to take advantage of the plasticity of her brain. But Iseul’s experiments had succeeded. However, Michi can't remember the exact moment she developed her powers, and she's sure that she doesn't want to.

Due to certain happenings, she prefers not to speak of her father and instead took on her mother's last name and changed her first in order to limit any association to Iseul. It was only a matter of time until she crossed paths with her mentor, Nebel, and by proxy, ended up joining the New Guardians.

After getting herself stuck in a hostage situation by happenstance, she had pushed her powers as far as she ever had. It was a meticulous process, helping other hostages escape by throwing illusions over them so they could sneak away without being noticed. But soon their captors had caught wind of it, and without the serum and her powers unable to work, Michi was helpless to stop them from harming the other hostages. It was then that Nebel appeared, a literal puff of smoke. He incapacitated the captors and released the hostages, then he was gone as quickly as he came.

It was a freak encounter, one she was sure that would never re-occur. But soon she was face to face with Nebel once again, and this time he made it known that he had seen her using her powers, and had made the odd offer to help her master them. She still doesn't know his reasons for doing so, but she took him up on the offer. It was later that she was offered to join the junior group, the New Guardians, and all the same she had accepted it.
Last edited by SpiritDancer on Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"I’m tryin’ to fix myself
And not care too much about you"

SpiritDancer
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Builder Storyteller Beta Tester Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Greeter Salesman Property Buyer Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:48 pm

@SpiritDancer, welcome welcome! Hope all your tests etc went well!
I love FC Kiko's face, she's so pretty, but she's a touch overused. Mind picking someone else?

In terms of her powers, so long as she's only able to manipulate sight and sound the weaknesses listed should be alright, though if she has the capability to learn to manipulate the other senses I'll definitely need another weakness. As I've told the others, something that actively weakens and stops her power. Also, in regards to her relying on martial arts and gadgets over her power, I don't want anyone to become too redundant and at this stage physical fighting and/or gadgets are well covered by people who don't rely on their power as much. Do you mind making her power less passive, i.e come up with something unique that she uses as a method to actively participate in battles using it as a primary function, rather than falling back on martial arts and gadgets.

Finally, do you think you could expand on how she became a member of the New Guardians - i.e how and why did she cross paths with Nebel, and what did she do to get admitted to the New Guardians? (doesn't have to be much, just flick me sentence or two).

bombinate
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpiritDancer on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:27 pm

@bombinate, I edited over my original post and made some changes, hopefully it's better now.

SpiritDancer
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Builder Storyteller Beta Tester Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Greeter Salesman Property Buyer Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:37 am

@SpiritDancer, thank you thank you. Lovely changes and Kwak Ji Young is a babe. Looking forward to seeing her

bombinate
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:17 am

@Everyone, the next post moving forward the plotted has been posted haha! If it doesn't make sense regarding their missions let me know. Lmao, I wrote half of it earlier today when I was constantly getting distracted by family, and the last half late at night. Basically, alpha and beta teams will attack guards and whatever outside the facility, draw attention away from gamma who'll sneak in to find what they can find. Who knows if the two villains mentioned are even there?! Intrigue! Drama!

I'll edit it when Spiritdancer's girl is accepted to include her too (she'll probably be in the stealth team because illusions gotta be good for that). Also, I'm going to add in Wasp Labs as a place in the roleplay and hopefully give a better description of it in the places tab so A) when i've done that check it out to give yourself a better idea of shit, and B) when you're tagging the location of your character when they get to Tunisia, make sure you don't post in New York City. Post in the correct location.

Um, I ramble when I'm tired? I gave them ten minutes to plot together before heading out too, and also @Fredalice, in my head I figured Fever could hunker down somewhere safe before the labs and switch into someone's body to do her stealthing. That'd be good for getting access if she's in a guard's body or something. Figured that info might be in whatever info Shadow sent out to all of them.

bombinate
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:12 am

@bombinate will do! And that's what I had in mind for what she'd be doing for most missions, so we're definitely on the same page there!

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AbsoluteWhisper on Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:05 pm

Yay new posts! :D

I do have one question though. Do you want our next posts to entail them actually teleporting to the mission site, or just planning beforehand? Also, how will controlling the villains work? I know in the NPC thread you have it saying that only you can control them, so I'm kinda wondering how that's all going to work together, yknow?

AbsoluteWhisper
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bombinate on Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:13 pm

So, I gave them the ten minutes before teleporting out so that they could talk/plan/pretty much communicate together without having to rush off to the next place. So, in my head we could all have a reply in the base before heading off to Wasp Labs. Unless people want to head straight off? I thought it'd be nice having some character interaction first (I know it was vague, but Bea and Raf both talked to their groups).

As for at the base, I was planning on posting a description of it, but might just write it here. Basically, when they arrive there will be guards to fight for alpha and beta, less fighting for gamma who'll slip inside. ATM, the two villains mentioned may or may not be there (it's meant to be a surprise), but if they do appear, they're free to be controlled by others so long as it's not something too out of character. (i.e no single NG hero should be able to defeat either villain). My thing that only I can control them basically was just put there so that no one else would write them in until I'd described where they were in the scene.

bombinate
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AbsoluteWhisper on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:19 pm

@bombie, I getcha! That's what I was hoping and assuming. A little intro post to the new area would be nice before all of our lovely heroes are thrust into the thick of it. (Not to mention, character interaction is my favorite~)

Also, hey Spirit! Long time no see~!
Though I doubt you really recognize me, I made a new account for a fresh start...

AbsoluteWhisper
Member for 7 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!