Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

North Carolina RPGateway Gathering

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

North Carolina RPGateway Gathering

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:42 am

So, yeah. Exactly that. I want to have a regular get-together with people from the NC area.

I'm thinking arcades, LAN parties, movies, the normal sort of fun thing. I live a little east of Raleigh, but depending on where everyone is, I'm happy to travel a bit. (Winston Salem isn't out of the question, and neither is Greenville. Heck, we might make a trip to Wilmington every now and then!)

Anyone game?
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Re: North Carolina RPGateway Gathering

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Oh my gosh! I am SO game!

I live in Spartanburg, which is in the upstate of South Carolina. I wouldn't mind driving a few hours to hang out with some people on a Saturday or something!

My only request is that it be somewhere relatively easy to find. I'm so bad at directions. I could probably get to the town, but would die from there. x_x

I think I mapquested your town, Eric, when you gave your address to me and it was a 4 hour drive. I wouldn't mind driving that far every now and then.

This is so exciting!

=D
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:06 pm

I live in Beaufort South Carolina!!! Its almost in Georga, but for the right reasons, I would LOVE to do a get-together!!!!!!!!!!! And I think that the newcomer Escorvus [Royce] lives in NC as well!!

Totally lets do this!!!!!
...Arise and be all that you dream....

Eymber
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Escorvus on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:20 pm

I live in Greensboro, North Carolina. I am DEFINITELY game. Just give me a time and place, and I'm definitely there.

Escorvus
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:48 pm

I recommend that all of you subscribe to this topic, so when we do organize a date and place, you'll know without even visiting the boards.

Everyone likes food, right? I'm thinking we can all go out to eat or something, for our first meeting. Some of you are pretty far away, and it'd need to be something special to make that long haul. I know there's at least one person in Charlotte, too.

There's a pretty cool service that I use, it's called a.placebetween.us - I've taken the liberty to use it to find somewhere between those of us who've posted. What sort of things are you guys interested in doing?

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:07 am

Sweet!!! I hope that I can borrow my hubby's car if we do plan a 'hangout' :D

OH!!!! OH!!!!! We could make a home video!!!! like... a commercial for RPGateway! ooooooo -=thinks of commercial ideas!=- And we could put it up on youtube and myspace and things... it would draw people in!

Eymber
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Escorvus on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:37 am

Recently there was a very nice shopping center built not too far from where I live called "The Village", which hosts places like Panera Bread, Chop House Grill and a few other relaxing spots. Of course, the mall would be an option on the list, and its quite a busy one at that. I figured it would be nice for the lot of us to wind down at The Village after whatever it is what we do early in the evening. If you've been to Greensboro before, you'll know that The Village is right off of PIsgah Church Rd.

Escorvus
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:06 am

I have subscribed to this topic.

I'm so excited about all of this! I can't believe how small the world is. Eymber, my dad grew up in Beaufort. We were just near there yesterday going to Savannah for the day, my fiance, his mother and me. And Escorvus, I was just in Greensboro earlier this year for a Modest Mouse concert.

I think the eating out thing is an awesome idea. Food always brings people together, and I think it'd be a great way for us to be comfortable in meeting each other and all. As for what to do after that, I'm honestly not sure. I'm so bad at thinking of things to do, plus, I don't know what kind of things there would be to do anywhere we meet. I'm not picky though. I think a movie is out of the question, because that's just us sitting there watching something instead of interacting.

I'm not going for the mall idea so much. I'm not really a mall rat, and don't particularly like to shop. We need to think of something that would involve "quality" time with all of us, I guess. I LOVE the commercial idea, Eymber. I already know I'll be taking tons of pictures. That could easily be edited in with a video, right?

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:58 am

WOW!!! That's so crazy that you were close to here yesterday! Was your dad from a military family? Most everyone here is...

ALso, the pictures can be turned into a slide show at the end... I've been thinking of many ways to turn a home video into a 'commercial' for RPGateway.

WHOOOOO I'm so EXCITED!

Eymber
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:03 pm

I'm excited, too!

And yes my dad was with a military family. He was born in North Dakota because that's just where the military happened to take him, and he somehow ended up in Beaufort. It's beautiful there. I need to visit there again. We camped at Hunting Island a few years ago.

When are we wanting to do this? Do we have any idea?

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:10 pm

No, unfortunately we don't quite yet. I'd like to make our first meeting worth the drive for everyone, so we'd have to make it a pretty complete experience. Food is most certainly on the books, I think everyone will agree on that. Location is to-be-determined, and I'd like to wait for a few more people (Warrius, for example, who I know is in Charlotte, Kyoshiro in Rocky Mount, Divinity somewhere nearby, and Miyumi in Winston-Salem) before making a distinct decision. Soon, though!

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:28 pm

o.o

Wow. This is going to be awesome if we can properly plan it! I'm so so so so so so so excited!!!!

Angel: I KNEW IT!!!! No one comes to Beaufort unless its for the military. This place sucks!

Next time you come down to Savannah, give me a shout! We could go shopping together!

I love the fact that this site brings so many people together, not only online, but develops a networking of users in the same area as well! What a wonderful thing to be! Eric. You should be proud. The Gateway is so much more than a roleplaying site...

Anyways, I'm getting sentimental. Never good.

Eymber
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:39 pm

You're so right, Eymber. This place is so much more than an RP site. I'm so happy that I'm a part of it. =)

As for next time I'm in Savannah...if my fiance gets into SCAD, I'll be moving there, and we can shop or hang out all the time! ^_^

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tramp on Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:58 am

Y'know the feeling you get after reading a chain of responses and you realized that, obviously, some very intimate discussion on stuff was going. You don't know what to say, because just about anything would totally spoil the moment... and you just cannot choose which interjection would spoil the moment the most. And you feel all giddy inside like you swallowed butterflies and Mexican jumping beans--at the same time nonetheless. Like this response would be perfect, but this one would be so much better. Yet you know that not matter which response you pick, somebody who was alway talking would sigh and be all like "Groan, why did this kid interjection upon our most intimate discussion of stuff?" And then you're all like "Yes!! I've accomplished something in life!" Then you stare at the Submit button, readily accessible and totally reserved for you, to the immediate south of the text box. You feel the Mandate of the Heavens on your shoulders--the basking of spiritual light that sends the conviction of justice shivering down your spine. And then you hear The Final Countdown playing the distance, as well as a chorus of angels. You sit at your desk, ready to press that Submit button, with the perfect injection in mind. Y'know what I'm talking about?!

So, I never had that feeling. Ever. Maybe I'm missing out. Or perhaps it shall be yall who would be missing out... on your trains of thought!! Bwhahahaha. Cough. Well, anyways, what I really wanted to say is:

I live in Dalton, Georgia. It's a bit far from North Carolina, but I heard that the mountains there are quite the wintery spectacle. But more importantly, I'm currectly a student enrolled in this unheard of place called 'Middle Georgia College' located just about an hour northish of Savannah. And I just wanted to throw that out there.
Knock, knock. That's what she said, mind you. And that's all she said, if you know what I'm talking about! And if you do, would you kindly tell me? Because I sure don't.

Tramp
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:00 pm

Wow, Tramp. That was freaking awesome. :D I HAVE totally felt that though. ANd you're like.. no more than two hours away from MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! I'm an hour away from Savannah, in Beaufort South Carolina! fun fun. :D

My husband says that he has a panda on his head.
I think that its time that I get off the computer. I've bored him to tears.

He's still singing. Yup. Time to go.

LETS GET TOGETHER, YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!

Eymber
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:23 pm

I don't think I've ever seen Eymber act like this. o.o...

I always pictured her as calm, cool, and reserved. o.O;

I like it! xD!

Tramp, I read your post a few times, but wasn't able to come up with whether you wanted to join in on the meeting or not. I know you mentioned where you live and all, but would you consider hopping in on our get together? =D

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tramp on Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:40 pm

Angel_Melfina wrote:Tramp, I read your post a few times, but wasn't able to come up with whether you wanted to join in on the meeting or not. I know you mentioned where you live and all, but would you consider hopping in on our get together? =D

Although I love any chance to meet strangers, especially ones with candy and unmarked vans, I think my parents would beg to differ. As well, so will the whole "me not have a car" thing. Maybe the whole "taking my Finals in two weeks" thing would too. However, if yall can somehow organize the meet somewhere near Dalton, say 30-45 minutes radius, I could possibly drop by with a friend. But don't do it for just my sake alone. Soooo... what I'm saying is: chances, no. :(

Tramp
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:45 pm

Oh okay. I keep forgetting there are people on here much younger than me. Haha. It's okay. Hopefully we'll get to do it a little closer to you sometime. =D

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:34 am

LOL, sorry about that guys.. I was really loopy from some pain medicine for a condition that I have.

Most of the time I am calm, cool and reserved... just not when I'm on my oxycodine. I get really happy, and hyper, and random.

Other than that. Weeeeeeee!

Eymber
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:32 am

Lmfao Eymber. I guess medicine could be doing worse things to you. o.O

As for ideas...It kind of depends on when we meet as to what we can do. There isn't too much to do when it's cold except see movies and stuff (That I know of at least) but in the Summer/Spring, we can go to the park, putt-putt, go out for ice cream, etc. Are we thinking this is going to be as far away as Spring or Summer?

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!