Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Question on Creation

a topic in Game Design Workshop, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars

A forum for discussions about the general design of RPG systems and techniques for building good roleplaying games.

Question on Creation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:57 pm

What is the most important, or the most glorious, part of
creation, creating something, the creative process?

My response:
The most important aspect is the ability to bring something into existence that is able to exist without your existence. The glory is in the manifesting of a thought, the fabricated tangibility of an idea, that is able to be experienced.

I asked this question of a few of my fellow role players, and was asked to post it here by one of them.
tag me in the chat!

Become a Cartographer
Chart the stars of
The Multiverse with us!

The Hunt
Do you have what it takes
to become a Hunter?

"Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb, and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth.
They planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future foretold."

- Robert Jordan

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Re: Question on Creation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:21 pm

Escapism in it's finest sense, I suffer Aspergers and often play female characters, psychologically people may suggest it is because I want to be with a girl, and suppose that is true. But for me creation is about escaping drabness and depressing reality, being able to construct great places and evocative characters you come to feel for. But it's also fosters powerful emotions of improvement in your self mentally and emotionally, you almost psychologically handle issues you could not without your characters, like many would play a killer or horrible malign individual, they do this because humans are naturally curious beings and creation in literacy sense allows us to explore that side of us, without the dangers, we can delve into our darker existence and avoid the social stigma involved with it.

In short we can live another life and not be considered insane.
We help the multi-nationals
when they cry out protect us.
The locals scream and shout a bit,
but we don’t let that affect us.
We’re here to lend a helping hand
in case they don’t elect us.
How dare they buy our products
yet still they don’t respect us.

Billy Bragg - The Marching Song Of The Covert Battalions

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bosch on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:12 am

I write so for me its once the first draft of something gets finished. I view this as the first big milestone in the creative process. After that it's all edits, rewrites and trims which for me is the best part. It's like the first draft is a lump of clay and only once you have that can you start sculpting. I just like that every time I read something I've written I can see ways to make it better.

Bosch
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Experience, The experience of creation gives me a new perspective and many new ideas.

As I create something new to me i am only adding a block to a rising tower. The Sum of my creations, of my ideas and my experiences work towards creating a new me upon each accomplishment.

The more i create, the more i can create as each experience, each success and each failure gain me information and confidence that i can't gain in any other way.

Its not an entirely positive outlook as i suffer from the annoying problem of never finishing something. Sometimes its due to laziness, sometimes due to a new fresh idea and in some cases it is because i reject the concept of an end.

I guess in simple terms its a matter of self accomplishment and confidence.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!