Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

[UPDATED] Search is TEMPORARILY Disabled

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

[UPDATED] Search is TEMPORARILY Disabled

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RemÃĻus on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:39 pm

I'm investigating a performance problem with one of our features; as such I have disabled the search feature for a short period of time. Please stand by...

Edit: Search is now re-enabled. Sorry for any inconvenience!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RemÃĻus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Re: Search is TEMPORARILY Disabled

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:39 am

Let us know when it is reinstated. I am very paranoid now about people posting in any of my threads, and not knowing about it.
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mummydove on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:07 am

Do you know how long it is going to take?

mummydove
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:23 am

Me too Ylanne, me too!
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x_Sunny_x on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:27 pm

Well, you guys could just subscribe to your roleplays. That way, whenever it gets a reply you get an email. I do that now. :3
You know the girls bring the boys out..
my tumblr? wat?

x_Sunny_x
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:42 pm

Bookmarks, people.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Lol, I thought it was just me I had to track all the posts down manually :D I didn't see this until just now. I guess this isn't horrible, and yeah I just bookmarked the pages in Opera (Cause Opera is the shit :D)

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stanmore on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:16 pm

It's kind of annoying because if I want to start a new role-play with someone, I want to be able to check their post history for what their writing style is like. I can't do that now.

Stanmore
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StarStruck on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:34 pm

I hope it goes back soon- I constantly use the 'view your posts' and 'view new posts' features.

StarStruck
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mummydove on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:07 am

This is taking too long T.T (Okay look I did not mean what I said in a offensive way so sorry if you thought that. Like ForeverGreenday wrote I was just stating my opinion...)
Last edited by mummydove on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

mummydove
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:45 am

xxfennecxx wrote:This is taking too long T.T

That better be a sarcastic response. We all know that this site has problems from time to time, but that comment does nothing to help anyone. Seriously. If you don't have a construction comment or solution, don't bother posting.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ForeverGreenday on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:16 am

Lol, I doubt that he/she meant it in an offensive way. We all know that we should be eternally thankful to Eric for everything he has done with the site, but I am also anxious for the feature to kick in again. I'm not complaining, just stating my opinion, as I feel xxfennecxx was too.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the problems get fixed!

ForeverGreenday
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zhill on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:59 pm

ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!!

The people who run this site know that we all have tendencies towards laziness and are doing their part to cure us of it! So perhaps thanks are in order?

zhill
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IceFoxJess on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:07 pm

Now that's an interesting way to look at it. XD

Jag, if you thought that was offensive, you should see what some people say on facebook from time to time when they work on the site...In short it's just sad the things people say. Though it does succeed in making them look like idiots, at lest in my opinion.
Schools back in, so I'm gonna take a bit longer then usual, sorry.
I'm sorry to everyone I've faild so far...Life is hetic lately...I'm so tierd anymore. Please don't be mad at me I'm sure I'll fix everything soon. If you want to yell at me feel free.

IceFoxJess
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:43 pm

Whew, thought it was just me. Hope it gets fixed soon. =)

ETA: Seems to be working now. =)
Previously known as PerfectlyBroken.

Starbuck
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [UPDATED] Search is TEMPORARILY Disabled

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:16 pm

I was so scared and inactive..... :P

Litria Death
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kalmatos on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:21 am

Thanks for fixing it!
"Swift as the Wind, Silent as a Forest, Fierce as Fire and Immovable as a Mountain" - Sun Tzu

"Perfection can only be achieved through Destruction, for nothing is perfect"

kalmatos
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angeldream21 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:15 pm

ok......

Angeldream21
Member for 14 years
Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!