Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Stand and Deliver

Stand and Deliver

a part of “Stand and Deliver”, a fictional universe by Irish Wolf.

Along the lonely roads, small bands of armed men wait for travelers, ready to produce weapons and cry "Stand and Deliver!" Some be poor, driven to steal, others be bored or indebted nobles but their all highwaymen, Knights of the Roads.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Stand and Deliver”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Stand and Deliver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:35 pm

Sounds good to me Firewind.

I'd love to have a character like that Irish Eyes (I like your user name by the way). I plan to be starting the game in a coaching inn, called The Dog, north of the capital on the Taunton Road.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:36 pm

@irish- more than we want her to be. She'd be after George and the dagger. Which can be a pain in the ass.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:41 pm

@irish- more than we want her to be. She'd be after George and the dagger. Which can be a pain in the ass.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Eyes on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:58 pm

Sure thing Irish Wolf , I'll get on the character. Like your screen name as well, whats not to love about anything Irish. ;)

Irish Eyes
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:08 pm

The bounty hunter is finished and waiting for the thrill of the hunt to start.

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm a Radical Dame! on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:33 pm

mmkay, character submitted!!
Had to go back and fix the pet section, plus two of the photos >_<, but it should be good now! xD
And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea; Can ever dissever my soul from the soul,
of the beautiful
Annabel Lee....

<3

I'm a Radical Dame!
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Genesis Rhapsodos on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:34 pm

This is the best idea ever! Do you have a character limit/any room left?
Valar Morghulis

Genesis Rhapsodos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Oh, 'allo Irish. Yeah, what Genesis said. Do you have any spaces left?
From the depths, I return!

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:11 am

Oh wow, I might have to open a second game, to get everyone who's interested into the game, especially if the folks from the interest check shows up. lol

What kind of characters are the two of you thinking?

Now then, Radical Dame, I cannot accept Giovanna Atte'well at this time. The character sheet seems jumbled, lack of sentences and sentence structure. Contradictions like Brash and unladylike but flirtatious and uses her femininity. Then we have her collection of weapons, which is way more then one person can carry and all of which was way outdated and hard to come by, never mind maintain.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Genesis Rhapsodos on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:19 am

I was wondering if you still wanted a Calvary Officer, or has that ship flown with the bounty hunter? Maybe someone who's job it is to protect the roads and not hunt individuals? I could work for an NPC or you if I would need specific direction.

Genesis Rhapsodos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:31 am

Nope, the Calvary Officer (captain or some grade of lieutenant) position is still open. I think such a character would be in conflict with the bounty hunter, just to add some fun. They would be trying to get the hundred Guinea reward for themselves, to buy their next commissioned rank.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm a Radical Dame! on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:37 am

Irish Wolf wrote:Oh wow, I might have to open a second game, to get everyone who's interested into the game, especially if the folks from the interest check shows up. lol

What kind of characters are the two of you thinking?

Now then, Radical Dame, I cannot accept Giovanna Atte'well at this time. The character sheet seems jumbled, lack of sentences and sentence structure. Contradictions like Brash and unladylike but flirtatious and uses her femininity. Then we have her collection of weapons, which is way more then one person can carry and all of which was way outdated and hard to come by, never mind maintain.

That's not a contradiction, is a deceitful and purposeful change in ones attitude to obtain something they want[that's what i meant by saying she'd use her femininity IF NEED BE]. Case in point, i myself am pretty tomboyish, but i have no issue acting like a cutesy dumb blonde when at a pool hall to trick a couple of people into playing me. LOL >_>

Also, you do realize you accepted someone with FARRRR more weapons than my character......and notice i said they were all small....besides, in the picture, they even appear small. [as in 14-20inches] But seriously, i could lose them all if you wish, but i'll tell ya i've never had the way i write criticized like you just did, so i honestly have no idea what you find so offensive or hard to understand........you'd have to message me specific examples of what you'd want change in that regard.

P.S.: I made the weapons slightly outdated on purpose.....i was going to make my character a collector of sorts, who likes to barter here and there with merchants. I just didn't put that in my CS, i thought it would be more fun to have that come out as the story wen along.
I'm not one who likes to have every single character trait/flaw in my CS. To me, it's more interesting to learn more about a person fully as we go.

I'm a Radical Dame!
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm a Radical Dame! on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:27 am

I fixed the few typos i found[two made me go "wtf"], and attempted to clarify things better......tell me if it's fine or not.

(I have no idea where my mind was during that pet section though, so insetad of editing it again, i just deleted it.......you know, i was really rushing myself to post the thing to be honest, after seeing so much interest.....i didn't want people to start without me, like the last RP i joined, where people just randomly started posting and i missed out on what i really thought was going to be a pretty awesome RP. *sigh* IRHMS >_> lol)

I'm a Radical Dame!
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:43 am

Holy begeezes, this thing's been up for what, six hours and there's already a cult following? Bragging rights for you Irish. I submitted my character Gwen for you, and I'll try and get Rooster (who I saw as more a secondary character anyway if there's no room left) up tommorrow as well. Alas, midterms are this week, and I must sleep. :)

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Eyes on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:53 am

Irish Wolf my character is up let me know if I need to edit her.

Irish Eyes
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Haha, cot damn. This RP exploded.

EDIT: Character sheet is up. The history I wrote out is sort of blah, skims over everything fairly quickly, but I think it gets the point across. Lemme know if I need to tweak anything Wolf.

ElRey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Eyes on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:10 pm

I was wondering if I should make a character sheet for Lavinia's father Seamus. But thats up to you Wolf, I might just make up one and just attach it to her character sheet without actually making a sheet for the roleplay for him.

Irish Eyes
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElRey on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:32 pm

Quick Question: At the beginning of this story, we're grouped up already correct?

Are we going to start that way or are the Hunt brothers going to be looking for members or something else entirely?

Obviously the Duke of Starford is a high-profile target, so its plausible for a us to be attempting to rob it individually, and then we all hop out of the bushes at the same time and like.... you know, hilarity and adventure ensues?

Either way, I'm game, just wondering if we should come up with a little back story of how we came together or anything.

ElRey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:53 pm

Hot damn indeed, I didn't think I was going to get so many characters, lol.

Alright, unless any new characters are bounty hunters, a sheriff or a lieutenant serving with Captain Vanfleet, I'm calling this closed to new characters. If anyone new is interested in playing a highwayman, let me know and I'll either set up a private game or open a new version of this one, titled something different, maybe Your Money Or Your Life!

Now then, The Rat, Fox, Vanfleet and Lavinia have all been accepted and I will be starting the first IC post. Hopefully it will be up by tonight.

Alright, one more thing before I head off to type.

Radical Dame, thank you for starting to make the changes to the issues with your character and I appreciate the effort gone into improving Giovanna Atte'well, however, I am still going to say no at this point. The weapons are still an issue. I believe your making a reference to George, having more weapons then your character, however I do not believe the character has all the knives shown in the character sheet, the first sentence in the equipment part says a few knives. However, even if George has all of those knives, knives are much lighter and more concealable then even a bunch of small battle axes and maces. I wouldn't mind if you chose a battle axe or a mace and the crossbow.

And your character sheet still feels rather jumbled, like your trying to do too much with it. Its kinda hard to read, especially with all those rather odd groupings of periods, just thrown into the middle of your sentences.

Edit 1: A profile for Seamus would be accepted Irish Eyes. I'm planning on having him being open to a bribe or welcoming of highwaymen, to use his inn to meet the various "fences" or plot robberies in The Dog.

Edit 2: The story will start with the group forming in an inn, The Dog. The Hunt Brothers are going to have gotten the word out their going after a big haul and would like some help.

Now then, IC writing, here I come!

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby freemixer25 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:33 am

Hey i have a quick question, How long do you like your posts? Because long ones will take me a little bit of time compose....

freemixer25
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!