Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Fragment of a Thought

The Fragment of a Thought

a part of “The Fragment of a Thought”, a fictional universe by Jakuri-chan.

Two millennia ago, the Gods Order and Chaos did battle and were lain to rest at its end. In order to prevent another near cataclysm, six young adults possessed by the fragments of Order must find a way to lull Chaos to sleep once more.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Fragment of a Thought”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Fragment of a Thought

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:12 pm

"The Fragment of a Thought"

Okay, so this is the place to ask questions, reserve characters, to discuss any matters regarding the roleplay and plot, and to just chit chat with the other players. ^^ Remember about character reservations though, you get 48 hours once I confirm them, and if you really need it, I'll grant an extra 24 extension to you if you request it here.

Okay, also I feel it would be best to lay out some general ideas that didn't fit in the intro page well, I am going to be creating a separate OOC thread regarding subplot ideas and side stories-while we have a main overlaying plot for this roleplay, how events play out is rather flexible and other happenings are expected here. I'll also be adding in detailed info regarding Places and such for this roleplay later tonight, I unfortunately have other things I need to attend to at the moment, but I'll be checking in on the roleplay off and on until I am able to fully re-commit my attention to it.
"I'm just a wandering spirit, dead and gone, a blank void, as empty as can be...a lonely ghost."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Re: [OOC] The Fragment of a Thought

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeroTolerance on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:21 pm

I can see this becomming popular because it's well polished and follows a successful formula , but elemental rpgs are just a bit too blah these days. Good luck on your rp.
I'm a dreamcatcher but only nightmares I caught.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ZeroTolerance
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Well, I hope this becomes set apart from the norm based on everyone who joins helping to contribute to it and inserting their own ideas for it. The elemental part of it is just one factor . . . not the defining aspect.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiger's Howl on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Hey, I'm interested. But, I want to know, do the characters listed as simply "humans" have powers, or are the powers optional?

Tiger's Howl
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:00 pm

Hmm. I'm playing with the thought of creating a villain as a sort of Agent of Chaos at first. Not entirely evil, but misled (since I really don't see the fun in playing a character who's just straight up, everything-should-die evil :v).
in love, nothing is eternal but drinking your wine
there is no reason for bringing my life to you, other
than losing it.
I said, I just want to know you and then disappear.
you said, knowing me does not mean dying.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renmiri on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm thinking of playing a villain, too. Probably a bit more hardcore than Painkiller's; though not exactly the embodiment of evil, haha. It's complicated. I'll brood and get back to you 8D

Renmiri
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:20 pm

@Tiger's Howl The powers are completely optional for standard humans, if you want to control a normal human or a gifted one, then you can do either. Would you like me to reserve a slot for you?

@The Painkiller That is totally acceptable. I'd love to have a villain like that in the roleplay, so, should I reserve a slot for you?

@Renmiri Okay, if you decide you want to create a villain, let me know and I'll reserve a slot for you. ^^

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Yes, please do. Not sure when I'll be able to have it, but I should soon.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Okay, the slot has been reserved for you.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Right.

Upon reflection I have no anime images whatsoever, nor can I find any fitting what I'm intending for my character. Are images required? Because otherwise I can just go with a description or link to images as a reference. If not then I got nothin'. :v

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renmiri on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Alright, I'm in. Haven't gotten inspiration like this for a while now 8D Awesome. Thanks<3

Renmiri
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:48 pm

@The Painkiller I'm not going to lie, I prefer it when people link to anime images over anything else, but if you can't come up with anything for that, then I'll accept a well-written description of the character. . . . I might even be able to speak to a close friend of mine about even drawing your character out in anime format as a request. She's an excellent artist, and I think it possible that she might do it if you gave a good description.

@Renmiri Okay. ^^ I'll reserve the slot for you then~ I look forward to seeing your character.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:50 pm

I think I'll just go with a description. The character I had in mind was gonna have a few assorted tattoos (because what else is expected of an agent of chaos and whatnot) and I wouldn't want to put people through the trouble of having to draw it all and so on.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rafaelantonio9 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:52 pm

Hey(:
Looks really good. Could you please reserve Boy 3 Aqua for me?
Thank you very much.
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple "
“So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you'll move mountains.”
DR.SEUSS

rafaelantonio9
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:04 pm

@The Painkiller All right then. I look forward to seeing your character. ^^

@rafaelantonio9 Yeah, I'll reserve the slot for you. ^^ By the way, I see you're new to the site? Welcome to RoleplayGateway. :)

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiger's Howl on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Yes, I would like to reserve a human character, for the profile Fortune Walking.

Tiger's Howl
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rafaelantonio9 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Thank you(:
What type of weather is there usually on the west coast?
Just wondering for my character creation.
Sorry I'm from New Zealand. :/

rafaelantonio9
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:35 pm

@Tiger's Howl Okay, I'll reserve a slot for you, but is that male or female? o.o

@rafaelantonio9 It's not a problem, and well the West Coast typically has weather like the rest of the United States, New Ithaca City is located further south so winters tend to be pretty mild, summers are balmy and hot while autumn and spring are mild. It storms and rains there, but the worst threat they have for bad weather is minor flooding, occasional earthquake given its location, and the rarer Pacific hurricane.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:37 pm

Okay, I'm well through my profile now, having arrived at powers; I have one last (hopefully >.>) question. Does 'psychic ability' apply purely to those using the mind, or would enhanced physical characteristics such as strength or speed also be applicable?

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fortune Walking on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Actually, nevermind. I'm kind of have a writer's block at the moment, I can't think of anything. Sorry.

(This is Tiger's Howl)
"Mortal,

It was you yourself who cast your lot not with Security but with Fortune. Never Rejoice overmuch when she leads you to great victories, never Repine when she leads you into great adversity. Remember, Mortal, should Fortune ever stand still, she is no longer Fortune."

-Boethius, 524 a.d.

Fortune Walking
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!