Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Official "I'm Leaving" Thread

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Re: The Official "I'm Leaving" Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:06 pm

Lady Ethereal wrote:Everyone who knows me or care the slightest about this post... I would want to say my deepest apologies. I have to leave the world of Role playing temporarily. However, I am not sure when I would be able to return due to the depressing matters that had come into my life. This was truly unexpected and such. I would try to get in touch as soon as I can, nevertheless there are no promises to be made. Everything to me as of now is confusing.

Thus, about the role plays that I had already joined and pledged to join. I would want to give you my heartfelt apology. I definitely like to continue role playing with you all guys. However, my life would not permit me as of now. I would not feel bad if my characters were killed or someone would take over. I do not mind at all. If by chance, I return and can join again. Then, I wish to write beautiful stories with you all once again.

Again. thank you for the memories I have here. So, this is Lady Ethereal signing off....

Damn Ethereal, you're a great roleplayer. I'm sorry to see you go. I'm even more sorry to hear that you have some matters in your life serious enough to make you leave. Hope everything's okay.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Culex on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:08 am

Lady Ethereal wrote:Everyone who knows me or care the slightest about this post... I would want to say my deepest apologies. I have to leave the world of Role playing temporarily. However, I am not sure when I would be able to return due to the depressing matters that had come into my life. This was truly unexpected and such. I would try to get in touch as soon as I can, nevertheless there are no promises to be made. Everything to me as of now is confusing.

Thus, about the role plays that I had already joined and pledged to join. I would want to give you my heartfelt apology. I definitely like to continue role playing with you all guys. However, my life would not permit me as of now. I would not feel bad if my characters were killed or someone would take over. I do not mind at all. If by chance, I return and can join again. Then, I wish to write beautiful stories with you all once again.

Again. thank you for the memories I have here. So, this is Lady Ethereal signing off....

Oh, Lady Ethereal, I barely knew ye. I mean seriously, we RP'd once, but I must say, it was damn good. You are truly a great storyteller, and have an immensely deep and creative mind. Every time I read one of your posts it grasped me immedietely, and though we had only wrote together one time, and albeit the time was brief, I again must reiterate that it was fantastic. I'd hoped I would get the chance to roleplay with you in the future, as I would have loved to create a deep, and truly wondrous world with you, but it seems that fate is a far more cruel than any of us had imagined. Cheers, Ethereal, and should you decide to return to us, may you rise again like the mighty pheonix.

Best regards and greatest hopes,
Culex.
“I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future... I consume time... And I will consume you!”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Culex
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

It's complicated...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fangbanger on Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:34 pm

I'm emotionally traumatized.
I'm not gonna be able to post for the next couple of days.
RPs, don't die on me, I just don't have the strength to brew up posts...

fangbanger
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:36 pm

Oh, wow. Are you okay?

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thedoctor on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:05 pm

i am not illiterate. i am not stupid or a noob.
as i stated i HATE assholes and there is too many on here.
who gives a flying fuck if i dont capitalize or mess uo things. just be nice...tell me in IM what i did wrong and what is more accurate and i will change it... but as soon as someone posts it in a main chat (looks at fatal frost) then you are labled a asshole.

so i am hurt
"roleplay your way" is total BS ....

Bye.

Assholes.

thedoctor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nisei on Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:59 am

I'm hoping that all of those I have had the honor of meeting will come across this post so that they think I am not simply ignoring them or forgot about them. To put it plainly my life hasn't been all to pleasant lately; abuse; school; drama etc. I've just been a realm emotional wreck lately and it's been hard to come up with posts that meet my normal standards. I will try to be back as soon as possible; though I am just unsure when that will be. My official leave date will take place in 7 days.
I...Love....TACOOOOOOOS!!

Nisei
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dier_Satire_2 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:20 pm

Alright everyone I am leaving. I apologize to all of those I have left your roleplays with an open spot. Alas my life is becoming increasingly busy and I feel as if I am taking time away from my important duties to roleplay. I know that this isn't good for me so I am sorry but I must leave you all.

Farewell!

Dier_Satire_2
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

VastoLordeWolf: Sayonara... *AKA* BigBadWolf has left...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VastoLordeWolf on Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:45 pm

Dear Roleplayers,

I am sorry to say that I am leaving ROLEPLAYGATEWAY,

I have been "smacked upside my head by life" if you catch my drift and I need to leave for a while so that I can get my life back on track...

I might not ever come back or I might come back in a few months or a year.. who knows..?

Anyway I am just posting this so everyone knows that the big bad wolf has left the building...

So see ya everyone I will miss you so very much.. I have had some great times here (yaoi :3) and some bad times here too (fights.. XD) I hope that someday we will see eachother on here again and that we can roleplay like we used to.. I will miss ya' all!!!

*hug/tackles everyone* Bye bye my friends T^T

--- Goodbye ---

VastoLordeWolf

*howls in the distance*

Goodbye, I will miss you all... my friends <3

We are friends near or far, no matter where we are..

Sayonara...

VastoLordeWolf
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: VastoLordeWolf: Sayonara... *AKA* BigBadWolf has left...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:55 pm

VASTO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

...I am going to miss you T.T You were a part of the first roleplay I ever took part in...
I hope that things get better for you, in whatever way they have become not so good. I hope you're able to return...
I'm sure we're all going to miss you. I know I will. :/

Well. I guess this is goodbye for now...
Or, rather not goodbye, but a promise to talk again, sometime. :3

Since you left us with parting words, I'll leave you with a little segment of a song that kinda seems to fit this situation. It was funny, because I just happened to be listening to it as I typed this up...

"And I'll keep walking when skies are gray. Whatever happens was meant that way..."
~The Creationist - Kerli

Regards,
~Gorie
y do i have a ƒεεℓเɳɠ ᵗʰⁱˢ ⁱˢ ᵃ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅʟʏ ᴇʟᴀʙᴏʀᴀᴛᴇ ՏℍⅈtℙᝪՏt

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: VastoLordeWolf: Sayonara... *AKA* BigBadWolf has left...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby brokenlove on Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:05 pm

I am going to miss you so much Vasto. It was fun role playing with you. I really hope to see you back on roleplaygateway to have more fun with you. Hope everyhting turns for the better.

Love you my friend! *big hug*
Hatsuharu Sohma: You stubborn idiot. What if it was Yuki wearing a girl's uniform?
[Mokoto imagines Yuki in a girl's uniform]
Yuki Sohma: Haru, cut it out or I will cut you off.
Hatsuharu Sohma: Aw, have my words made you angry?
Mokoto: [still imaging] It's beautiful!
Yuki Sohma: Stop imagining me!

brokenlove
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby x_Sunny_x on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:13 pm

Vasto you made me cry.... Damn. You. TT^TT
I miss you alreaddy! Bye-Bye
*wavves like a little child*
You know the girls bring the boys out..
my tumblr? wat?

x_Sunny_x
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VirtuosoMaestro on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:39 am

This will probably take me numerous attempts to post, but I will nonetheless. This is for everyone I am roleplaying with right now, and those I have had the honor of roleplaying with.

When I came to RPgateway a year ago, I was immediately impressed with the community that we have. There were numerous RPs going on, and most of them are excellent at that. I got to deviate from the RP that I usually participate in, and try other settings. I even got a chance to put up my own RPs, until something pulled me away from being able to post for months.

Now back just barely a month ago, I sadly have to leave again. I'm not sure if I'll be leaving for good or if I'll come back in a few months or so... we'll see.

There are 2 reasons why I'm leaving.

First, another life-changing event has come up, which will lessen my time being online. It will surely keep me busy irl for quite some time, but I could probably squeeze RPing a few times every week. So, that's not the main reason.

This is the main reason: about 90% of the time, I am being logged out when I post. Meaning that the reply which I have thought about carefully and so dutifully typed have disappeared and will have to go through the motion of posting again (and again, and again, and again). I have tried copy+paste method, but it would still take me a lot of trials to just get one post up.

Which takes up much time. Time that I do not really have.

I hope no one else has this problem, and I hope that all the people I'm RPing with right now will understand.

The circumstances irl I'm in are not unexpected, but the consequences of being in them are. A miscalculation on my part.

I'm truly sorry. And thank you.

Until then,
ViMo.
I can't escape your gravity. I'm crashing into the sun.

VirtuosoMaestro
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elegantlydistressed on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:47 pm

I'm going to keep this most brief and to the point:

I've got a lot going on in my life, and I've decided to take a break from the sites I frequent most. I'm officially leaving Monday, November 9th, and I won't officially return until Monday, November 16th. The ones that are closest to me have my personal information; if someone needs to get in touch with me for some important reason, they can relay a message to Ponats. I'll miss you all, and remember -- my absence won't be permanent!

Sincerely,
Elegantlydistressed

Elegantlydistressed
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:50 pm

I will miss you Lady Ethereal. It was a pleasure Rping with you when Eden was up and running. I hope everything gets better for you, and I hope to see you again some time.

Love,

Sonata
ImageI am an American Soldier.

The Maker of Epic Role Plays
The Chef Ramsay of RP

Role Play Consultant -If you need help with anything role play-related or concerning your writing ability, drop me a line.

Sonata
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:34 am

Hah… Have I not posted a few of these already? Looking back I can see that I have and the problem there was when I got a bit down I said to hell with it… but the next day I was standing tall and lurking the forums/chat like usual – like nothing happened. Well… this message changes that because I will be leaving this time and if any of you noticed – which I doubt many of you did – I haven’t been on for the past month or so really. I pop up in chat for a few minutes – maybe- or post in a random role-play or OOC, but for the most part I’m just not here. So, I’d rather formally tell you all goodbye rather than just vanish off the face of Role-Play Gateway, ceasing to be a blip on its radar.

I suppose I could give you some sop story of why I’m leaving or tell you that my life is in a dismal state, but, the truth is, it hasn’t changed much at all – and I could tell you I have better things to do than being on this site but that too would be a lie. But one fact that I can tell you is my inspiration/motivation/muse if you would for writing has somewhat been misplaced. Cracking my knuckles and typing out a 1000 word post just doesn’t give me much joy anymore and it’s by far not the highlight of my day. It has become more of an obligation to all of you than anything else, wanting to add a bit of spice to a role-play… but to me it doesn’t mean much. Making everyone here happy has been my drive lately but eventually it’s about time I climb off the horse and say enough is enough.

Also, as they say, it’s easier said than done. I completely enjoy sitting down and fleshing out a role-play but when it comes to the writing, I just fail. Where did I falter? It could have been a few relationships that made me lose a bit of self-esteem, it could be me just me being an idiot, or, it be could be missing the freedom it which all of us once tasted. I’ve been here a long time, longer than many of you, and when I first started I was the most immature little noob you had ever met. I still remember Azrican and Kira messing with me to hell and back… Why? Well, I was a stubborn little prick who wanted attention… but man did I have a lot to learn.

Now, without arrogance, I’m one of the best role-players around this site, a veteran if you would, but yet I still linger in the past and miss the time when I could just write without having to worry. People here nowadays are… well, it’s not the people; it’s just that times have changed – for better or worse. A new generation has slightly spawned it seems, that or I’m just too good for my own good. You plot out ideas and get on paper, but when it comes to the role-play what fun is there in having preset character biographies, personalities, and storyline? For some reason I still miss the days when I just started writing and no logic was present whatsoever. I’m sure a lot of you miss that… I know a few off the top of my head – but I won’t embarrass them. Some people around here are on about excellence, so I won’t call names.

That was a time when I would role-play and a few sentences would just drive me insane with anticipation, waiting on others like Kohanna and Law/Rion (Or whatever the hell his name is now) to post back. Sure, a lot of my posts caused people to go “WTF?!” but all the same it was an enjoyable experience – Fallen Angels is the example I’m using at the moment in terms of user cooperation. Now, I’m rushed to make at least one post a day which is expected to be nearly a 1000 words and to be honest, I don’t have a 1000 words in me nor do I even have a fourth of the moment. You may ask me why not downgrade a bit, and the answer is things have changed, people talk behind your back, and it just isn’t same when you’re in a different class than others all together.

I love you all, and god did we have one hell of a ride the past year and a half or so, writing out stories that are forever embedded in my mind. All of you have a lot of growing up to do, so for all those who are new to role-play, I say this. Enjoy your time as a beginner, enjoy seeking out new things and digging your claws into the wonderful world of role-play while you can, and when someone calls you a noob… well, just give them the finger and tell them to suck it (No, not really, don’t do what I would do).

Since I am leaving, I’m not sure if it’s really fair that I’m a Mentor because I don’t technically get the job done. I might return in small doses, but don’t quote me on that. Loved being a Mentor, and at least I can say I become Staff like I had always wanted, and that makes me very happy; sadly life went a little downhill the moment I did. If you want to leave me as a Mentor, that’s okay to because you can all contact me on my E-Mail which I check periodically – and will get back to you if you are in need of any assistance at all. You can also reach me on Windows Messenger which supports Yahoo, AIM, MSN, and so on and so forth.

This is Proclaimer Proclaimer (Pro)/Near (Far... No, not really)/Maestro (Stro) signing off for the last time. :) Good day to all of you.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:59 am

Hey Proclaimer/Near/Maestro,

First of all, I don't expect you to remember me, life is busier in the others end and I would understand that.

Yeah...I've never been good to say goodbye, in fact I have been (and still am) a horrible person to let friends and known people go, so don't expect long paragraphs from me...I'm not the kind of person who writes that much when it comes to saying 'bye'.

I still remember RPing with you in a few RPs such as Dracula's Love (if you still remember that), and I must say whichever RP i saw you in, and the ones that I played with you in I have enjoyed and picked up a few ideas.

I hope that you will still find some enjoyment in playing RPG (in general, doesn't have to be on the site or on the internet in that case).
After all, that's what it is all about, having fun, laugh and just let loose the creative part of your mind.

Enjoy your life while you live it, we only have one, sadly.

Sincerely from,
Saxious (Sax)
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:36 pm

Bye Near, you skinny bastard.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:59 am

NEAR!

You can't leave right when I decide to log back on!
*faceslaps*
Whats wrong with you?!
GAH! I know we'll meet again someday. There has to be a way.
Till then, farewell.

Nyim
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeakNato on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:12 am

Well hm... I was going to start a topic called "Leaving for home, Too bad vacations don't last forever" But then I saw this.

I am leaving, but now it just seems a little weird. Especially because of this:

Make sure you:
- State why you're leaving.
- Make some recommendations on how to improve these things.
- Tell people how to get in touch of you.

Well...

-I was on thanksgiving vacation at my grandma’s and don't have internet access back where I live.
-Give everyone, everywhere, free internet access.
and lastly...
-talk to my brother, Loremaster. He can pass the message on to me.

I had a good time here, I learned a lot of things, I hope I can come back soon, and I'm going to miss you all when I'm gone. Especially the people on my friends list, because I got to rp with those people.

Thank you all for such a wonderful time, but I may still be here until my dad wakes up and gets packed. I’ll let you guys know when I’m about to leave.
Last edited by Mid on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited out due to giving out a personal issue.
let me tell you about Homestuck.

ZeakNato
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZeakNato on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:39 pm

I'm officialy gone now, so I won't be seeing any of you for quite a while! See you guys on the flip side!

ZeakNato Out!

ZeakNato
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Salesman

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!