Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Orion Affair

The Orion Affair

a part of “The Orion Affair”, a fictional universe by Cloud.

Step through the doors of Orion Institute of Magic and enter a world of witchcraft and wizardry.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Orion Affair”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Greetings & Salutations!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby esoteric on Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:37 pm

Hey guys! Most of you may not know me, but I'm ESOTERIC. I'm a good friend of Cloud and fivehours. Our lovely GM told me about this role-play and I just couldn't say no. I'll be taking on a Pegasi female character with the FC Jenn Im, a transfer student named Katsumi Oshiro. She won't know any of the characters so I look forward to meeting them right along with her. Can't wait to role-play with you all!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

esoteric
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Promethean Inspiration

Re: The Orion Affair

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:34 am

Hey esoteric!!! Welcome, welcome. We're so glad to have you. Rose Colette is a new transfer as well so they can both get lost together :D But she might not be in Pegasi but Draconis, if just to balance out the lack of the latter atm. Either way, she's a baddie.

I'm so glad Orion survived the collapse of Gateway! I'm working on a post now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:29 pm

esoteric, welcome to Orion! I'm very happy to have you here and I can't wait to see Kat in action :)

To those who have posted, a big, happy thank you! I'm glad that Orion is still going. If people take a look further down the OOC they'll see the rambling regarding the plot point that'll happen in this time skip. For that reason, everyone who wants to be a part of this plot bit I would advice to place their character somewhere in the village.

In other news I'm going against my own rule of two characters maximum and making a third. He'll be a male in Centaurus house. However, I'll be completing him slowly since I'll be putting posting for Lito and Adie first and my studies. But, he'll get done eventually :)

Also a note on posting. I would love to have everyone posting at least once a week, but from now on I won't be badgering people to post if they haven't. If you don't post I will move the story on regardless of where your character is, and eventually ask you to leave for being inactive. I know real life can be an issue, but I need active players for this story to work.

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:24 pm

Omg I'm so excited for the action to begin!! Are we gathering in one spot? Ahhhh this is so exciting~ I love seeing our characters suffer!

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:10 pm

Hmm, gathering in one spot could work. Unless that might make it difficult to organise everyone. Perhaps having a few separate groups that could come together might be an idea too? Opinions?

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:18 am

Might I suggest we assume or manoeuvre all our characters to Honey Pot and near it? So when the attack happens, everyone can easily gravitate towards each other.

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:38 pm

I think my only hesitance with having everyone together for the attack would be having to wait for one person to post. There are just over a dozen characters (or less if not everyone posts), and having to wait to reply until others have posted if there's an order might take too long. Perhaps we have two or three groups and if we're still keen for them to meet up later we can have them running into each other once the drama starts?

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:03 pm

That's very true! We don't want to keep people waiting too long and kill the mood :/ I think the groups we have now are fine. Characters can jump in later once the action starts.

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:53 pm

We can see how everything rolls out anyway. It would be good to get interaction between everyone, so if we want we can go from smaller groups to a big one too :)
    Also, I'll be getting my reply up for Adie tomorrow afternoon or the day after.

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby esoteric on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:00 pm

@ LAYLA ; Thank you for the kind welcome! I admittedly feel bad for making Kat a Pegasi when there are already so many but, for the character I had in mind, nothing else seemed to fit. With Orion I really wanted to step outside of my comfort zone and play a happy-go-lucky character with no mental anguish or psychological illness, otherwise I would totally be playing a Draconis character. I've got a lot of Slytherin house pride ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) I look forward to reading everything you guys have so far! Expect a post from me soon.

esoteric
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Promethean Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:55 am

Man it's always fantastic taking on characters that aren't your usual! Kat's as Pegasi as Pegasi can be and I love it. She's gonna be a blast of fresh air in all this doom and gloom. Aidan's soooo far from the characters I normally play. But he's turned out to be one of my favourites! I love creating villains and flirts yeah yeah ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) I'm looking forward to your post! Kat's goorrgg (plzbemine).

Also...

(◞≼◉ื≽◟ ;益;◞≼◉ื≽◟)Ψ

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:54 am

Guys! Guys, these posts are amazing and I'm so happy that everyone is still around. I can't wait for the drama to go down :)

I'll be posting for Adie tomorrow so look out for that chickies!

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby esoteric on Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:18 am

Ohmigod, I am so sorry! I feel so bad about how much you guys have to scroll down to get past that monster. I honestly hadn't intended for Kat's post to be that long. Apologies :(

BUT HEY! The voice she hears at the end of the hallway is going to be Professor Dew so please no interactions yet. I'm going to move her towards the rest of the characters in my second post. Just my luck that I decided to split the post and it still ended up being obnoxiously long. ALSO! I don't speak Japanese myself, so not all of that will be accurate. If I'm mistaken I apologize, I don't mean to offend.

Anyway, I'm rambling, sorry again! I'll post for Kat again soon so she can start interacting with people.

esoteric
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:57 pm

esoteric, you don't have anything to apologise for. Your post is fantastic! It's long, but I loved reading all of it. Kat is such a cutie and I can't wait for her to start interacting with the other characters!

Layla, as always your gif making skill is amazing. Those gifs are great and I'll definitely be making an updated Shipping Masterlist 2.0 when I have time.

Everyone, keep up the amazing posting! I'm so happy with all of it. High five for us all :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fivehours on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:14 pm

I LIVE!
I thought I'd just check in and let you guys know that I'm not dead! I've been extremely inactive in the OOC, so I'm just stopping in to say that everyone's posts have been looking great!

Can we all just take a moment to admire the beauty that is esoteric's first post? Because sweet Jesus.

ur a nub, eso. i h8 u but nt rly bc ily.

And just as Cloud mentioned, the gifs look great, Layla! I'm looking forward to seeing Rose!

Lastly, I'd just like to compliment Cloud on being such a great GM. GMs sometimes tend to fall through with roleplays, but Cloud has really taken the liberty to commit to Orion, and because of that we're all able to enjoy ourselves with this wonderful roleplay.

ur a nub 2, cloud still luv u tho

fivehours
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xSilentButterflyx on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:46 pm

Oh my! So glad I checked up!
Silently Painting the World

xSilentButterflyx
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xSilentButterflyx on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:00 pm

So I assume we are all conjugating in the honeypot?

xSilentButterflyx
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:45 pm

SilentButterfly, nope, no honey pot congregating. If you read through the OOC you should hopefully see that I'd prefer we at least start out with smaller groups. I'd rather not have everyone together as I wouldn't want everyone having to wait for one person to reply before they can. Ideally two or three smaller groups would make it easier to manage, but we can shift it around to ensure that everyone gets to interact.

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:45 am

Indeed. Esoteric's first post was absolute gold! I laughed so hard at Daisy's dialogue xD

Thank you, Five. Thank you, Cloud. I'm glad you guys like the gifs :3 I am thinking Ruero next. Or Katrue. (Omg Katrue is actually such a great ship name) And Leose! In my dreams, they sing a heartbreaking duet. And I'm still shipping Koah hard. Mmm... Maybe Demma. Ooo they could be cute. So many ideas! Will and Mair are a given. Ahh I ship everyone with everyone.

EDIT: Posted! Sorry about having to put you through that monstrous post... I got a little excited >.>
EDIT 2: Oh and also, the Zellers call anybody with muggle blood in them, "mudbloods."

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:50 pm

Layla, lovely post! Don't apologise for the length. I love the monster posts! Love having all that wonderful writing to read :)

For those waiting on Adie, I'll be getting up a reply tomorrow (almost through this weeks horrible run of tests). In terms of the big drama, that isn't too far away. I'll introduce it in one of my character's posts, though it'll likely not be their next posts. I'll give you all warning anyway :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!