Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Prince and the Shieldmaiden

The Prince and the Shieldmaiden

a part of “The Prince and the Shieldmaiden”, a fictional universe by almostinsane.

Can a sickly prince and a foreign shieldmaiden survive being bound together in a game of nobility and deception?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Prince and the Shieldmaiden”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Prince and the Shieldmaiden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:28 am

I am! I can also do a time skip. I think after Brynjar and Elska's outing we then have the accidental fire in the gardens.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:16 pm

That sounds good to me, Sirius.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:33 am

I'm here and (barely) alive. I'm all for a time skip.
Watch me draw this and other strange things

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoenixheart on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:36 am

Sure, go for a timeskip. All I've got in Ingrid sitting with Lelinus while he's sick

phoenixheart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:02 pm

All right, I've finally got it up. I want to lay a bit of ground work with Elska and Brynjar. I want Elska to at least develop doubts towards Brynjar. I also jumped in with the fire. I hope you don't mind Crimson that I already had Evangelina in place (and Brynjar is pissed to find her there).

I'm not sure where everyone else wanted their characters, so I left Elska and Brynjar where they were. If you want me to edit and change anything, let me know.

Also, I was thinking of adding an ambitious courtier into the mix. It would be someone who would easily become public enemy number 1 (right after Brynjar of course). She would be a vicious viper in the court system and had pretty harsh feelings towards Ingrid marrying into the royal family and gaining those ties. What do you guys think?

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoenixheart on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:19 am

Tyr is gonna sass the hell out her. Go for it

phoenixheart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:11 pm

Sounds good to me, Sirius. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:14 pm

Sounds good to me, Bud, and It's all good, We'd already discussed what was going to happen so we're cool xD

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:07 pm

Greetings! almostinsane suggested I should introduce myself and the character I'm working on here so..

I was looking at the relegion page and got an idea for a character perhaps...
It said something about women not doing fighting roles but that some where against that. So comes my idea a young priestess with a rebel side formed a group of fighters male and female know as The Scarlet Order to defend her town. As the war went on they made a name for themselves and my character even started calling herself a " Holy Knight" now that the war is over though no one is sure what to do with the Scarlet Order as many people call them hero by many of faith see heresy...

Still thinking up name and details but for her image...

Milla Jovoich as Joan of Arc seemed fitting
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:51 pm

I'll introduce her after the fire fiasco.

Welcome Iced Fire!

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:21 pm

I've already given my approval. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:27 am

I believe all is done now on Sarah but for some reason the avatar is not working or it is bugged on my end and I can't see it so will have to check that later.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:26 pm

That's fine. The site does takes a while to update it.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:46 pm

Hey, Sirius and Crimson, do you mind if I have Beorn help Evangelina get Brynjar out of the fire? Regardless, I plan on posting with the Patriarch to help introduce Iced Fire's character.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:52 pm

I think that's a good idea. He won't be happy with that at all, but he'll burn to death otherwise.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:17 pm

Cool, I got my post up then. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:50 pm

Sounds fine to me or rather it would have if I saw this sooner.

Side note, My PMs are acting rather peculiar, I've sent both of you messages but I don't think you've gotten them so I hope you guys don't think I'm ignoring you. IDK what the hell is up.

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:41 am

Posted! Hope it don't suck too much lol anyway after that I'm debating if I should make a CS for Sarah's brother Marcus didn't know he'd be playing a part until I started writing.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:44 am

Crimson, I sent you a response through PMs, let me know if you got it. Also, I was thinking that Evangelina wouldn't necessarily get along or even like Elska based on the attentions Brynjar is giving her since things are turning over for her. If you agree, it could be a fun dynamic to write through when the two women interact.

Well there's always room for more Iced Fire. I think that how Tyr came into play from phoenix, same with Elska. Our characters are coming out of the shadow as we go along and I think that adds variety to it.

I'm going to go work on a character sheet for our black widow. I'm quite excited to introduce her. She's going to stir up a lot of trouble.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:14 pm

I've submitted Tamiera's sheet. I'm quite excited to bring her in!

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!