Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Program: Anarchy is Freedom

The Program: Anarchy is Freedom

a part of “The Program: Anarchy is Freedom”, a fictional universe by Crooked Thoughts.

You came to us. You volunteered. You said you'd do anything it takes to save lives. You're not a liar are you? This is it. Will you give yourself to this program?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Program: Anarchy is Freedom”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Program: Anarchy is Freedom

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri May 21, 2010 7:46 pm

IC Post

Friday, May 17, 2150 4:30:10 PMNew York City, New York: 404 HQ

"You know, I always wondered when they first invented the clock, how did they know what time it was to set it to?"

"Hmm... I see your point, but I think they used sundials back then. You know clocks that used the position of the sun to determine time." A man leaning against a wall answered promptly.

Mac nodded before sitting up. "Really? I didn’t know that... You know what I hate though? When people say a person was found missing. If someone found them, then they aren't missing, right?"

Making eye contact, the man explained. "Somewhat. That is what is known as an oxymoron: a figure of speech that combines normally contradicting terms."

"Ohhh, ok."

On the surface this would seem like a normal conversation. But, upon further inspection it would appear a bit out there. This is mostly because the man, whom Mac is speaking with, does not exist. It is but, one of many side effects of his medicine. This certain effect only seems to happen when he is alone. Instead of simply talking to himself, his mind creates someone for him to chat with.

"We should really be going now; I think someone has been trying to reach you."

"Naw, if that was the case, my cell would have -- Fuck..."

Looking down at his wrist, Mac noticed his phone was blinking red. The blinking red meant he had indeed missed a phone call; whoever it was had left him a message though. Pressing a button on the device the message began to replay.

"Hey Mac-o, its Benji. Could you send a car for me? Thanks."

"What the fuck does that kid think this is? Yellow Cab? And then he didn't even say where he is! Looks like he wants to play my favorite game: Guess Where Mac's Foot is going."

Despite his constant complaining, Mac was happy to hear that Benji had made it back home. And the fact that there was no location given was not a problem either. There were a number of ways The 404's could use to track their comrades, one of which was an application installed into their GLOVE's. Turning his GLOVE on, Mac began to use one of those methods. But, before he could a giant envelope appeared on his HUD, representing that he had received a message.

He groaned once he saw it was from XIII. It wasn't because he disliked him, but because his messages were always encrypted and once decoded, the true message was still hidden in some riddle or metaphor. Although they never took Mac a long time to understand, he just disliked going through the trouble. Typing quickly, he replied to the message.

"XIII,

I know that mouse; he carries big ass laser cannon with him.
And if the big bad wolf gets too close, he'll put a hole in 'em bigger
than Texas. x_X

ShortCut."

Getting back to the matter at hand, he used his right hand to find a map of world on his HUD. Once found, he enlarged the image by pulling on the corners. There were red dots scattered about, but only one read 'Benny Boom'. Clicking it a few times, it zoomed in on the location.

"Raven Station!? I've told him about hanging out down there; nothing but whores, drug dealers, and convicts in that place... Now that I think about it, it does sound like a cool place, huh?" The question was directed to the man whom he was speaking with earlier. But, by now Mac was sobering up, so the imaginary man had disappeared, leaving him a bit shocked. "Man, I really gotta cut back on this shit..."

Massaging his eyes Mac got to his feet and staggered toward a subway car. There was only one in 404 HQ and it belonged to them; at least it did now. Using his GLOVE he remotely opened the door, then climbed in after it did. It was a newer model, but still only had basic features, plus a graffiti paint job. It had a built in A.I., not a good one, but it was good enough to navigate the tracks. Using his glove once more, he input the destination and waited for it to start up.

Ten minutes had passed by and it still hadn't started, which only infuriated Mac. He began reading the different graffiti signs as a way to pass time. His eyes soon found a freshly painted one, which was little hard to read. Short...Cut. S...U. XX. C. O. XX? He said the letters over and over until he finally understood. "Ya moma!" Outraged by the false accusation combined with the broken subway car, he stormed off into the tunnels.

"Fuck that train! I would rather board there, than ride that outdated shit."

Mac always kept his board lodged between his back and his bag. It was a bit uncomfortable, but very handy. Throwing the hoverboard to the ground, he hopped on it. Leaning back a bit, he added pressure to the back, therefore making it propel foreword. He would be at Raven Station in no time.
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kama on Fri May 21, 2010 8:07 pm

I'll have my post up soon. It's going to be a bit long.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kama
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Tue May 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Seems like it is one problem after another....

Now not only can I not post, but I can't see any post on the second page!!

IS this still a problem only I am having or is everyone experiencing this?

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Wed May 26, 2010 5:09 pm

ALright. So I posted again! :) It's short, but it will have to do. :)

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digi-kun on Fri May 28, 2010 3:56 am

Kinda' wanted to do something, so her I come. I guess Jerald is gonna be an NPC, since I don't plan on keeping him around long. (spoilerz?)

digi-kun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri May 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Just wanna let everyone know, that MistressDarkStar has left the RP due to RL problems.

Though as soon as things get back to normal she will try and return.

There are a few other inactive people, but I am not sure of their situation, so I will be trying to decipher who isn't in the RP over the weekend.

As for an update for me: I will posting sometime within the weekend or Monday morning, since I tend to be busy over the weekends. Also my second character is nearly finished so his post will be in soon as well. My second character is a male hacker that works with the Web Assassins, not sure where I will start though. Probably where the only other two members are located.

RP Update: I will PM a few people just to see if they are involved enough in the RP or if I can help.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OriginalSix on Sat May 29, 2010 5:38 am

Hey all. In light of Fly's last post, I'm still in this thing.

Been having massive trouble even logging in to the site for the last week. Whatever problem that was seems to have resolved itself now, so expect a post from me over the weekend.
You know the goal. You know the path. The only thing that can stop you now is complacency. Go take what's yours.

OriginalSix
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kama on Sat May 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Hey, sorry, I've been having lots of homework, and I just moved. My post is almost finished though (should be around one-thousand-six-hundred words), so I'll probably have it up either this weekend or next week. It will voice how I feel Seattle is.

Kama
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Sun May 30, 2010 2:48 pm

I haven't been able to get much of anything done for any of my RPs. This weekend has been really busy. So sorry to those who are waiting on my post.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Mon May 31, 2010 2:58 am

To whom it may concern, I have finished my second character. Now I just need to get in my two post, which will be done Monday some time.

If anyone would like to give him a look over, here is a link.

Nikolai Klossovsky

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kay422 on Mon May 31, 2010 5:57 pm

I honestly don't have the time or inspiration to carry on with this role play right now. Things have gotten more and more hectic for me this summer. :/

So, I'm going to have to drop as well. I mean, I only made one post so far with no real interaction anyhow so it's no biggie really I just thought I would let everyone know. Sorry!
Open that door: I'll follow you into that space
Where nothing is regretted then forgotten.

Kay422
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Mon May 31, 2010 7:21 pm

That's sad to hear, but understandable.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Mon May 31, 2010 9:21 pm

With as many people that signed up for this thing I'm not surprised that a lot will drop,

some with reasons (as stated above, good luck with everything btw)

and some just vanish as it seems to happen so often... with luck we'll find a good core in that list and this thing will unfold into something epic!! (as it should)

with that, I'm still here, working on a scheme for some character plot action.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:28 pm

button click fail

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:40 pm

I'm still alive... with a massive headache... xD

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:40 pm

ironic considering my last PM to you. lol

after reading that I blame you for my headache! >.>

Fly I'll send you that info tomorrow some time (can't promise exactly when, it'll be asap so as not to risk slowing up progress.)

of to sleep this headache away.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Haha I know right Chuckles! Weird...
Fly! Nik is spying on Dahlia through her window I see? xD

Avey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:51 am

LOL, you have it wrong.

Dimes is spying, Nik is getting exercise. XD

For those interested, I will have an update soon as to who is still in the RP. Though you can basically tell by IC post, plus there is a lot of communication being done via PMs, so...

Other than that, I advise everyone to check out the Character Directory to see any new characters and such.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:44 pm

This RP has more behind the scenes work than IC work!

I love it. makes the plot look that much better IC.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:52 pm

*headdesk* Oh dear! Lol Okayyyyy let me change my post lol
Sorry The adversary you might have to tweak somethings as well
*shot*

Avey
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!