Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Program: Anarchy is Freedom

The Program: Anarchy is Freedom

a part of “The Program: Anarchy is Freedom”, a fictional universe by Crooked Thoughts.

You came to us. You volunteered. You said you'd do anything it takes to save lives. You're not a liar are you? This is it. Will you give yourself to this program?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Program: Anarchy is Freedom”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Program: Anarchy is Freedom

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digi-kun on Wed May 19, 2010 1:24 am

Wow, there are so many people in this RP...

BTW, do you have some kind of story set up for us to follow, or is this simply the antics of hackers versus government?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

digi-kun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cataclysm on Wed May 19, 2010 2:31 am

I just thought I would pop in to say hello. Some of you may not have known that I have joined. My character is Nicholas Aldridge, who can only be seen in the Character Directory.

So.... hi.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cataclysm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Wed May 19, 2010 3:02 am

The story of this RP is very intricate.

But you could consider this a bit free form, except with more of a solid story. There will be a lot going on at once, but all of it working toward the same goal: the end of either faction.

So you can't really say its Hackers Vs. Government. Because it is a lot more going on than that. But how involved you are within the plot will depend on your interaction with other characters.

As of now there is a thick plot involving my character, The 404's, and faction. Total that will probably involve about 7-8 RPers and characters.

And soon I will create a second character, a Government Operative or Web Assassin. Then I will help start a plot there.

Plus, there is another plot I have been thinking of, even though I seemed against it at first, I think I would like to pursue it more. It will involve Seattle and maybe some battle ? Not sure yet...

Finally there is main plot of bring down The Program, but that wouldn't involve your character too much.

As with all Deviod, there is their past which makes for a nice story. But of course not everyone can be going through the paces of retracing their past. So maybe instead your character is embracing his future.

I have been thinking of having crew of assassins. I mean, even though they are highly trained and gifted and some are even superhuman, they still can't take on armies without being severely injured or dying. So maybe you, Able(OriginalSix), Charlie & Temperance(MistressDarkstar), can form this elite team?

@Kama: What is the problem with the city?

I think you are focusing way too much on it.

Personally I liked it prior to the change, but I like the way it is now as well.

Its a city, underground. Very simple.
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OriginalSix on Wed May 19, 2010 5:26 am

Well, so far I've PM'd a couple of the hackers, and I've got a target list for Able going down already. That's my motivation, spurred on by the latest terrorist attacks. Devoid resources are being activated all over.

As for the team idea, works for me. I'm going to give Able a while to work alone though. When things start to get intense, his handler can relay the order to join with other devoid. As for not taking down armies, who said we'd be taking them out head on?

Think of Bourne in his films. The guy's facing down an entire organization, but by staying one step ahead, moving fast and keeping surprise and momentum on his side, he can take down several people in a few seconds and get out of the area without being taken down. Against an underground network of hackers, this is gonna be a legit tactic. Course, that doesnt mean that, at some point, you guys wont have a truck drive headlong through the wall of your hideout, a devoid bailing out of the drivers door, assault rifle blazing...

Sounds like fun, right!

Oh, and Kama, seriously, chill out dude. Focus more on your character than on the world. The world'll write itself around us as we go. All we need is a basis to work on. Job done.

Six out.
You know the goal. You know the path. The only thing that can stop you now is complacency. Go take what's yours.

OriginalSix
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MistressDarkstar on Wed May 19, 2010 9:59 am

Okay, so I had a really long and great post but RPG logged me out. I'm too pissed off right now to retype it. . .

MistressDarkstar
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kama on Wed May 19, 2010 10:25 am

flysociety wrote:@Kama: What is the problem with the city?

I think you are focusing way too much on it.

Personally I liked it prior to the change, but I like the way it is now as well.

Its a city, underground. Very simple.

Well, mostly, I didn't want it to be all underground -- stuff happens on top, too. Also, after skimming Syreaa's post, I'm pretty sure there's some continuity errors.

Kama
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Wed May 19, 2010 11:00 am

I know. You basically wanted a dump city.

Probably one like the city New Haven in Borderlands?

But, like I said I was combining both our views and that is the end result.

And I haven't read everyone's post. So if there are any problems or errors, then I will send a PM.

Ah, sorry to hear about that Darkstar, that has happen to me SOOO many times.

But now I have a extensive process, which prevents that.

1. Write your post up using the old system. There are a lot of good things about doing this, the main one being the many save and recovery features.

2. Constantly preview, this gives you a nice look over of your post, plus it keeps refreshing your page, therefore keeping you logged in.

There is also another reason for doing this. Lets say you do get logged out after you hit submit. Don't panic. Just bring up another tab and log in there. Then go back to the tab you were posting in and hit the Back button. It should bring back everything you just typed, if not the last thing you previewed.

3. Spell and Grammar check your post in Micro Word or write the whole thing there. But never edit any of commands. Like that type of stuff.

So hopefully that helps.

Oh ok, sounds good Six.

And believe me, I know how Bourne works.

I'm waiting on the next movie!

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MistressDarkstar on Wed May 19, 2010 11:48 am

Thanks, Fly. I usually select all and copy it before I hit submit, but since I'm at work, I just bypassed it. Shows me, I guess. . . . Anyway, I'll repost it before I leave work today.

MistressDarkstar
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Wed May 19, 2010 12:58 pm

Hey yeah where did the preview function go, or perhaps I should ask how do I access the old system?

Aicop
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Wed May 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Haha ok, so I am trying to get more involved with other characters, anyone wanna be in some sort of connection with Dahlia?

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MistressDarkstar on Wed May 19, 2010 9:21 pm

Oh, just an update in case it wasn't noticed: I did edit my post to include Charlie's part, not that it really matters to anyone except those on the Alpha Base.

MistressDarkstar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Wed May 19, 2010 9:42 pm

Just go to any forum and go to post new topic.

You can even use this thread.

Just click post reply and start typing away, then copy and paste the finished product into the RP.

You should PM The Adversary. He is the only other person within the RP that is in the Web Assassins.

But, i would volunteer my character, but he is busy at the moment. xD

Sorry I haven't edited that place btw. >_<

Been real busy today, but I PROMISE, it will be done by tomorrow morning.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Wed May 19, 2010 9:45 pm

lol yeah doing something he isn't supposed to fly :PPPP lol
I already PM'ed The Adversary :) he's up for it :D

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Thu May 20, 2010 2:13 am

Psh!

He is doing something all of us need to do every once in a while!

(JK :p)

But ok.

Also, I have edited and finished all locations as promised. Now I just have to get in my next reply to this RP and a few others. So those waiting on me, you can expect my reply in by later today or tomorrow. Then I will begin work on my second character. Speaking of which, I have been thinking I might RP 3-4 characters? >_< not sure yet.

Anyway... Good work on all the post everyone. Each post is a very entertaining read and I can't wait to see what happens next with everyone!!

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kama on Thu May 20, 2010 10:15 am

Hm . . . I might make Jared an actual character, instead of just an NPC.

Kama
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MistressDarkstar on Thu May 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Just letting everyone know that I'm sick and I can't really concentrate on the screen. I'm not sure what I've got, but I'll try to post later tonight or tomorrow. If I don't post though, that's why. Just wanted everyone to be aware of this so that I don't get 10 different PMs telling me to post, lol.

MistressDarkstar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Thu May 20, 2010 2:09 pm

Hope you get better soon. ^^

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri May 21, 2010 6:53 am

Just letting you all know the reason I have not posted in the IC is because I can't.

So if the problem still exist later, I will probably ask someone to post in the IC for me or I will post it here.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MistressDarkstar on Fri May 21, 2010 6:29 pm

I'm not really sure what to do with my guys on the Alpha Base, so right now I'm just letting them have a semi-peaceful and semi-normal start. If anyone wants to join in over there, feel welcome to.

Fly: Sorry I didn't reply to your other post on the other thread, but I can't really help you with the problem. If clicking the "Reply to this Roleplay" doesn't work, then I don't know what to do. Have you contacted a GM?

MistressDarkstar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri May 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Yea I did, but still no response.

So I guess I will just make all my post here until further notice.

But everyone else just post in the IC as normal.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!