Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Smoke fields

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Smoke fields

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:17 am

OUt on the smoke fields a creature lurked. it sniffed the air, then began to run excitedly. it had cuaght the smell of human flesh. it charge towards it destination, leaving a trail of destruction behind it. it slowly got closer, until it could finally see the human just within its line of sight. It was bending down, getting something. the creature didnt know what, and didnt care. it continued towards it, eager for fresh meat

Alban's heart beat furiously. he had sen the creature, and was holding a sword in shaking hands. as soon as the creature was near him, he turned and struck out. the creature fell to the ground in a flurry of blood. he had hit an artery. after squirming around for several minutes, it finally fell silent. dead. with a sigj of relief, Alban sheather his sword. he had been lost in the smoke fields for a long time, and had seen many terrors. luckily this creature wasnt as clever as some of the others. After hauling the creature inside the cave Alban lit a fire. one thing he had learnt was to eat what you could. as he cooked the creatures meat, he could hear another beast of some kind howling. Alban sighed. they just wouldnt go away

Include:

1) Character name
2) description of character. (A picture would be nice)
3) type of character (as in strong, clever, stupid etc. try to give them a weakness of some kind)

(This is my first RP in this website, hope you enjoy it)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: The Smoke fields

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:06 pm

um...anyone?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:32 pm

Mind if I join?
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:51 pm

What's going on?

What are Smoke Fields? Who are we supposed to be? Who are you supposed to be? What was the beast? What was it destroying and why? No one is joining because they have nothing upon which to base their characters/posts on. Your topic is extremely vague.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:33 am

k, fair enough. il work on it.
I havent been Rping long, so i am not the best Rper. Ill revise what I put and post it when done

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:53 am

OUt on the smoke fields a creature lurked. it sniffed the air, then began to run excitedly. it had cuaght the smell of human flesh. it charge towards it destination, leaving a trail of destruction behind it. it slowly got closer, until it could finally see the human just within its line of sight. It was bending down, getting something. the creature didnt know what, and didnt care. it continued towards it, eager for fresh meat

Alban's heart beat furiously. he had sen the creature, and was holding a sword in shaking hands. as soon as the creature was near him, he turned and struck out. the creature fell to the ground in a flurry of blood. he had hit an artery. after squirming around for several minutes, it finally fell silent. dead. with a sigj of relief, Alban sheather his sword. he had been lost in the smoke fields for a long time, and had seen many terrors. luckily this creature wasnt as clever as some of the others. After hauling the creature inside the cave Alban lit a fire. one thing he had learnt was to eat what you could. as he cooked the creatures meat, he could hear another beast of some kind howling. Alban sighed. they just wouldnt go away

Include:

1) Character name
2) description of character. (A picture would be nice)
3) type of character (as in strong, clever, stupid etc. try to give them a weakness of some kind)

You are stuck out in the smoke fields, having heard a legend of gold mines on the other side. but you got lost, and now are at the mercy of the un-named creatures that inhabit these lands. you do not know where anyone is, although you might come across another in your attempt to escape. your only provisions are:

One small tin of meat
a dagger, and a sword
one pot
a flint

once you use up the meat, you must kill something in the smoke fields to eat. many creatures will see you as a free meal however, and so you will often be attacked. the smoke fields are a place of death, and there is no way out

(just post things that happen, you can meet other people, maybe through a battle or something. hope you like it,

This is my first RP in this website)

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:07 am

errr...any1?

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:44 pm

(OOC: I guess I'll be your first roleplay partner, then)

Name: Akishra
Description: Sixteen, long blonde hair, blue eyes. She wears a leather vest, leather pants, moccasins, and a black cloak that obscures her clothing and rather shapely figure. She's a little on the tall side for a woman, about 5'7". (I'm sorry, I don't have a picture of her. I'll try to get one)
Type of charecter: She's strong, and clever, but mistrusting, especially of men, and has a quick temper. I wouldn't say she holds herself in high regard, but she respects herself, and has little tolerance for insults. She has telekenesis, and can use it to do the tiniest things, but the more difficult the task, the more of her energy it drains.

Akishra didn't know why she kept the sword, but she did, slung to her back. She also kept the dagger, even though she had her own. The pot and the flint, she really didn't have a clue.

She heard the beasts roar, and knew she had to find shelter -- she had used most of her energy pushing the smoke away with telekenesis. She saw the one cave in the entire feild, and peered in, but was dispmayed to find a man inside. Knowing, however, that she could atleast keep this man at bay, she stepped tentatively inside.
S'ereht on yaw M'i lamron...S'ti em.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:50 pm

Character name: Kinstriel
Description: Male 19 Short brown hair brown eyes 6'2" well built muscles. Wears sleevless soft leather shirt and pants sandals and cloth wrist bands.
Type: Strong yet cold and uncaring individual has a tendency to get himself at trouble.

As Kinstriel walks about seeking shelter the smoke seems to get thicker.
"Bah, Its as if something were pushing the smoke toward me hope i find to some shelter before it gets any thicker."
Little does he know that a beast has caught a scent of him and is heading toward him. *thump*thump*thump
"Hmm heavy footsteps this cant end well"
Kinstriel turns around and sees a beast charging at him he imdiatly take his sword in his hand and unsheaths it, but the beast it to fast and tries to bite him. Luckly hes able to use the sheath to block the bite and use the dagger to slice right into the beasts throat.
"Dam thing almost bit my head off. Good thing i had this sword and dagger." *grumble
"Ugh i havent eaten anything since i started this trip might as well eat this thing. If i can find somewhere safe first"
Hoisting the beast over his sholders he notices the smoke clearing up a little whats more he can see a cave the perfect place to camp out he begins walking towards it hopefully he wont encounter another beast.
Last edited by Qetzo on Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:17 am

Name: Alban
Description: male, 20, quite tall and muscular, black hair and blue eyes
Type: Is very overconfident of himself, boastful. is clever, but has flashes of pure stupidity that cloud his judgement on important decisions. he does not know why this happens. holds himself above others, unless hey are proven to beabove him. can get frightened quite easily, but gets on with things well anyway
[forgot to post mine when making the game, oops]

*once he had eaten what meat that was not too hard to chew, he sat down and began to practice with his sword. moving through the motions he had learnt, he did not notice a young woman watching him. once finished, he saw her standing there.

'Were did you appear from?' he asked, bemused at the presence of another that wasnt intent on easting on his flesh.

'are you coming in or not then? I have a little meat left over from this beast, and the fire is going well'

after saying this he went back to his pratice, flowing through the motions quicker and quicker as he went

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:17 pm

((I'll join, been lurking))

Name: Danleea, Danny for short
Description: Female. 20. Long unnatural white hair that stops just inches from the bottom of her bare feet. Lively emerald green eyes and pale skin colouration. Slender, but slightly muscular. Medium height. White shirt and brown pants.
Type: Quiet, intelligent to a slight point, easily offended, slight swordsmanship skills, and hardly trusts anyone, especially herself when it comes to making desicisions, follower, definitely not a leader, and not very good with directions.

Danny stumbled along in the smoke fields, hearing the growling inching closer. She knew that there were creatures bigger than her and knew that only her swordsmanship skills could protect her from such beasts, but it was better than being trapped somewhere else. She knew she was trapped in here until she found others.
A growl nearby made her jump, her hand automatically reaching for the sword at her side. She froze, taking slow deep breathes as she watched a creature creep toward her. It lunged as she dove out of the way. "Dam," she growled as she felt the slight slice of her skin. She pulled out her sword and dagger, her eyes pinned the creature. It jumped once more and fell when she pulled her arm back and threw both the dagger and sword. She walked over to the creature and yanked out her weapons. Neatly she skinned the creature and sliced the meat cleanly off the bone.
She stood up and started walking again. She sheathed her weapons and carried the meat in her slender arms as she neared a cave. She slowed, nervously glancing around her to check the surroundings. She trudged through the rest of the smoke and looked inside the cave.

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:07 pm

Akishra didn't understand the man's second question -- she was already inside the cave. However, she came a bit further in and sat down near the wall, far away from the man, and lit her own fire. Slowly, she took out her meat, and began cooking it. She kept sneaking glances at the man, though more to make sure she was safe then for him.

This is gonna be a sleepless night, she thought.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:29 pm

As Kinstriel neared the cave he saw a woman with long white hair standing at the entrace to the cave she seem to be distracted by something in the cave he quickend his pace and walked right passed her into the cave when he entered he was surprised to see two more people a man practiceing with his sword and a young girl glaring at him ocasinaly.
He walk further into the cave then *Fwump he droped the large carcas of the beast he had killed earlyer. (hmm lounder than i thought it would be thats definantly gonna attracted their attention.)he thought to himself.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:51 pm

Akishra's eyes whipped around to the new man in the room. Supressing a growl, her eyes darted between him and the first man in there. Is life never fair? she thought.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenma Uchiha on Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:57 am

Name:Yukiko Akemi
Description: Tall about '5"7 now, Flowing purple locks that drags the ground behind her like a veil(she hasnt been to a salon in ages and she has killer split ends but she'll trim it later), Thick and curvy with the muscle tone of (although not seen) of a man, wears a long deep violet colored leather outfit (Works best against rain<teehee>), it's a half jacket due to the less she has on the better she fights, the pants arent really pants anymore they became shorts because of her own unaturally high body heat, was trained as an assassin but only uses skill to hunt and ward off the large unamely beasts. Goes no where without her Aella (name of her sword)
Type: Very touchy at times (came in with a sister but lost her in battle to the creature things), most times she says nothing and let ignorant words roll over her like rain on her outfit, not mean but not as sociable as before, very drawn back from any human contact but tolerates it. Yukiko has a special bond with the element wind and fire. Her sister had water and earth

Yukiko travels through the smoke as any other day trying to reach the other side. If there really is any. She clutches Aella at her side ready to unsheath at any moment if something deciced to attack. Things were to quiet nothing here was every this still. Something was unusally wrong. Yukiko stopped dead in her tracks and listened to the wind tell her where the now expected attack would come from.

"Got damn I just finished killing one of these things do they every eat a plant? Well here we....I mean I go again."

Yukiko isn't used to the death of her younger twin Akiko. It kills her to know she let her gaurd down for a second and it cost AKiko her life. She sees the beast and does a quick prayer to the wind and fire gods.

"Wind be with me and clear these trecherous clouds. Fire be with me to incinerats the beast's soul when I strike it through the heart and end it's miserable life."

She unsheath Aella and swung forcefully at the large hairy beast with all she was worth. just missing it's heart by mere centimeters. Swinging around quickly and now fully puncturing the pumping organ in its chest. Making sure it was dead Yukiko twist the sword and pull out the heart with the tip of Aella. Cleaning her sword on the fur of the soon to be eaten beast Yukiko just laughed at its pathetic attempt to eat her. Continuing her journey she hacks a leg of the animal of and skins it leaving some fur where she would hold the leg as she walked on. Coming upon a large opening in the distace. Sighing with relief that there was some where to stay for the night. But what was that she was seeing a...a...fire.

"Oh great people just what I wanted....company. Well let's go on in they cant be that bad."

Yukiko looked at a girl who was staring down a guy and said.

"What a surprise they're hostile too."
Life is beginning to thicken again.
Re-emerging in as thick as storm clouds everyone could see.
Or skinny dipping in the public pool.
Just all of it gaining meaning again.
Getting closer everytime I look.
What happens to me after my life is completed again?
Will I be happier again???

Written By: Me, Myself and, I. How Wondrous.

Tenma Uchiha
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:22 am

After finishing, Alban looked over at the mouth of the cave. he dropped his sword in surprise, for there were some people standing in front of him. he glanced at the young woman to see if she had seen them, and was greeted with a hostile glare.

what has happened? he though why have all these people appeard suddenly? I thought i was the only one here, yet now standing before me are many people.

regaining control, he approached them

were have you come from? What is your purppose for being here? Do you know how to get out of here?

there were many more questions that Alban wished to ask, but he knew he should wait for their replies. so he stood there, and waited for one of them to respond. he thought that they must have come in a group to start, but looking at the difference in their appearances he thought better of it.

well, answers will come

he thought, and sat down, patiently waiting till they were readt to speak

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:36 pm

Akishra watched the man get up, and ask his questions, then sit down, waiting for an answer. When he didn't get one, she spoke.

'City of the White Wolf. You wouldn't have heard of it. For your information, I was brought here forcefully. As for getting out...' her eyes narrowed. 'There's always a way out. If you walk in a straight line long enough, it'll come to you. But I'm beginning to think this place is charmed -- we'll have to work harder to escape.'

She fell silent again, contemplating why in the worlds she had spoken voluntarily to a man.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:04 pm

Alban looked over at her. she seemed to be disgusted with herself for speaking to him.

why is she so ill disposed to me? is she like this with everyone, or have i somehow offened her?

pushing aside these thoughts, Alban stood and collected his dagger and sword. he had heard a howl disturbingly close by. quickly he went out into the open in time to see a shape looming up. when it was close he sighed in relief: it was one of the only harmless creatures to be found in the smoke fields, and it was laden with meaty flesh. quickly he sliced open its heart with a flashing sword, and took it inside ready to be eaten

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:12 pm

Akishra looked at how he slay the harmless beast, and admitted to herself, albiet grudgingly, the man did have forsight.

'It'd be a better idea to kill the harmful ones,' she said. 'That gives us protection and food.' Then, she fell silent again.

The man had seemed hurt when he looked at her after she spoke. She wondered why. Then she remembered how some men couldn't understand her distrust of them, and scoffed inwardly. He'll learn, she thought. Or, at least, he'll think he has.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tenma Uchiha on Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:33 pm

Yukiko thought to herself.

"Yukiko's thoughts:He has good swordmanship although that seemed to be no more of a challenge then cutting a blade of grass."

Turning her attention back to the man with many questions Yukiko said.

"Well to answer your question curious one I am from the land of elements. The four main elements of our trecherous world to be exact. My purpose was simply to get to the other side alive with my sister, but sadly no I dont know how to get to the other side."

Turning to leave and stand outside away from the others she turned and said one last thing.

"And please dont stare at me as I walk out I find it offensive and take it as a challenge to fight."

Now turning completely to leave, rest outside and cook her newly slaughtered meal. After seeing the scene inside she rather be in the open and a easy meal than be stared at by hostile people. Yukiko just didn't like an audience.

Tenma Uchiha
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!