Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Trial of Champions

The Trial of Champions

a part of “The Trial of Champions”, a fictional universe by Odinson.

Enslaved into a life of blood sport, gladiators of various peoples and races must band together to survive against terrible monsters and other gladiators of a tyrannical empire.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Trial of Champions”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Trial of Champions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:52 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Trial of Champions"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Odinson
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Trial of Champions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Is it ok for me to create a gnoll champion?.
Without the Dark, there can be no Light,
We have purpose
Without the Lie, there can be no Truth,
We have purpose
Without the War, there can be no Victory,
We have purpose
Without the Death, there can be no sacrifice,
We have purpose
Without the Hope there can be no Future,
We have purpose
Without the Loyalty there can be no one chapter,
We have purpose
Without the Emperor, there is nothing,...
And we would have no purpose

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:11 pm

The only real criteria is that the character is sentient and can carry a weapon. Race is irrelevant so long as it has no overpowered racial abilities.

Odinson
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Centraiu on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:27 pm

I'm definitely interested, Will make a gladiator and have it posted by the weekend if that works with you?

Centraiu
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Sure, take all the time you need.

Odinson
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Citadel on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:30 pm

I'd like to make a Gladiator as well.

Citadel
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaosxChild13 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Hey, i would like to make a healer if there is still slots available, this RP looks wonderful! :) Can't wait to make a charrie
If you have one foot in yesterday, and another in tomorrow, you'll piss on today.
Many long for immortality but haven't a clue what to do on a rainy Sunday afternoon
“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”

ChaosxChild13
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BDMystic on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:20 am

Just submitted a Dwarf character! Thought a pint-sized addition to the roster was in order. Hopefully I'll be roleplaying with you all soon
Illegitimi non Carborundum

BDMystic
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Note: I have received plenty of submissions for gladiators, but far less so for healers, so anyone who is considering joining please keep in mind that I want the numbers relatively balanced.

Odinson
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:57 pm

I'll make a healer

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:52 pm

Hello! Great looking roleplay! I'm interested in joining, hope I could submit a character before admissions are no longer accepted.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaosxChild13 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:43 pm

Hey there sir, I was thinking since they already somewhat have been familiarizing themselves [ie being put into teams], should there be a character relationship thread?

ChaosxChild13
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:07 pm

Technically there isn't a team yet, when the RP starts that characters will be introduced to each other and afterwards relationships will be established.

Odinson
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaosxChild13 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:11 pm

Alright, for sure

ChaosxChild13
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:24 pm

Notice: I'm glad to say that we've reached the minimum requirement for gladiators. That said we are sorely lacking in the healer department, and I'd rather start the RP with a higher roster there as opposed to supplying NPC healers. Please put that in consideration.

Odinson
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaosxChild13 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:28 pm

do you need me to create another healer?

ChaosxChild13
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:33 pm

No, I'm simply saying to newcomers, and people who have already made gladiators that we are short staffed in this area. No one is allowed two characters if the same class. If need be I can create my own healer PC alongside NPCs.

Odinson
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaosxChild13 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Okie dokie and, i know it's one of your rules not to have two of the same class, i remember reading that ^_^. but if we are short handed, then my offer waves in the air like a flag :) cant wait to start this

ChaosxChild13
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:28 am

I may add a healer to the group as well. I'm not sure if I can come up with such a long history like Hogarth's, in fact I didn't even intend for Hogarth's history to be that long. O_O

I just had a lot to say about the character's origins. I even considered condensing it when I was writing that piece of work. Then release the full story later. I was worried I was choosing quantity over quality, still am. I usually need to proofread my stuff a few times to make it grammatically correct. I have only done so once. Still if it's good enough, I'll leave it be I guess. Sorry for the ramble.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:34 pm

To everyone, I apologize that things aren't moving along any quicker.

My Grandpa is in the hospital right now. They've estimated that he only has days, maybe hours left. It's a difficult time for me and my family right now, so I appreciate every ounce of your patience.

Odinson
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!