Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Infinite Doom: A Dark Lord's Tale

Infinite Doom: A Dark Lord's Tale

a part of “Infinite Doom: A Dark Lord's Tale”, a fictional universe by The Afterman.

The land of Aldaria is about to bow under a new ruler, one of evil intent and dark proportions. He would lead his dark armies to victory. That is, of course, assuming they can properly follow orders.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Infinite Doom: A Dark Lord's Tale”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Infinite Doom: A Dark Lord's Tale

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:44 pm

I don't know how many of you will see this, but I am going to do the first round of acceptances and denials at the end of today. The process will repeat tomorrow and the days following until all positions have been filled.

EDIT: Actually, because I'm an evil bastard, I decided to do it a different way: I will accept or deny characters based on quality at the end of the day. When your role is taken, you either apply for a new one, or not. Short notice, I know, but, things must get done. Thank you for your understanding.

FURTHER EDIT: Potential roleplayers have until Midnight EST until the next acceptance period.

"But are you gonna kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays!"
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things -and how's that work? You're a bicycle."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:28 pm

UPDATE: I will be gone for the weekend (until Sunday), so I won't be able to accept or deny characters while I am away. I shall review the characters when I return, and decide who to keep by midnight EST on Sunday.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:33 am

I gotta say I'm laughing my ass off already just reading everyones character sheets and the descriptions of the gods and races lol oh this is gunna be fun
I should go.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:03 am

Alright, I updated my profile, so glad I got in, apologies to the other entry (or entries). Also, Tsukiakari's profile seems to conflict mine a bit, specifying that Witches and Mages are two different things. Though, I suppose that kinda helps my character. My character's just a Mage, but she prefers to refer to herself as a Witch, which would make sense.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:59 am

Eh, the specifics don't make much of a difference. In fact, that little inconsistency could add to the humor a bit, don't you think? Maybe. >.>

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Yeah, I don't think it really matters either. I was thinking that would mostly just be the terms used by the Mage's Guild/association/rave party/whatever to classify different types of spellcaster, whereas independent spellcasters would refer to themselves as whatever they felt like. I mostly just threw that in to give Valeria a Berserk Button.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:50 pm

I return. Fear me.
........roar, and stuff.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:47 pm

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Bromander Shepard wrote:Image

I approve this.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:28 pm

Chim is grateful to have pleased his dark lord.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:47 am

Bard character submitted. Will finish fleshing out backstory and other details when I've had a bit of sleep.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Alright, knaves! I think it is safe to say that we can begin with the characters we have. All others can jump in without breaking the flow too horrendously. If they do though, I'll be sure to mete out the proper punishment. I shall construct the starting post on the morrow. Until then, you pathetic dogs, I bid you adieu!

EDIT: Actually, I've decded to do the starting post now. Sue me. :b

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:20 pm

It's kinda awkward with what I'm going to try to do with Caroline-Marie. I want her to still be Marie as much as/possible, but I also want to make her a bit of a stereotypical sidekick, always sucking up to the protagonist for solutions, while still being a best bud. I also want to make it so that she is the one woman who doesn't have a mad obsession over Biscuit, as if she's missing something in her head.

Somehow, I feel I'm not making up to the comedic demands that this RP, well, demands. Probably because of the odd lack of comedies that I have read, watched lately. Maybe I'll go watch the Holy Grail.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Eh, Valeria isn't exactly comedy gold either. I'm mostly trying to make her sort of like some kind of cosmic straight man. How do you guys think it's working, BTW?

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxwellH on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Your doing fine with Caroline, I was never expecting her to be head over heels for Biscuit because that would just end up being awkward. Not sexual because he literally can't remove his armor, but awkward. Also looking up to Biscuit for solutions is a very narrow path we're leading, explosions and axes.
Always watch the Holy Grail, ALWAYS.

Valeria is also perfectly fine, if everyone was raging murderous moron I think this get old pretty fast.
I think it's going fine, things are gonna take time to really happen.

All of this is my opinion obviously, and I'm kind of not the best at things.
Meow.

MaxwellH
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:49 am

I think you're all doing great. As Maxwell said, if everyone was a murderous galoot, the roleplay would get pretty old.

We're just getting started, so, not everything is going to be top-notch anyway. Besides, the best stuff is better saved to be improved upon. :b

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Uhhh.....guiz?

>.> Where'd ya go?

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxwellH on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Herro, I am lying in waiting.
Just as you.
Meow.

MaxwellH
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Aw geez, so sorry for not posting. I have just been busy and tired all week, and any free time I have, I usually end up using it on a new game or on a specific group I need to report to more often than I am. And when I come on RPG, I never can bring myself to stir up any creativity. However, I did decide earlier today it was best if I posted as soon as possible.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Sorry about vanishing like that. Had to take a four day trip to take my brother to college, so I couldn't get on, since I had no intarwebz. I've only just returned, so I probably won't be able to post tonight, but I'll try to get something up tomorrow - although it might be late, since school's starting. X.X

Again, sorry.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!