Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dragon Age: Damnation

Reference Guide

a part of “Dragon Age: Damnation”, a fictional universe by Fammikins.

No longer considering new characters. An alternate universe based off of the Dragon Age: Origins game with some tweaks here or there. Will not be limited to Ferelden nor the main quest. note; will include DA: 2 lore at some point!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dragon Age: Damnation”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Reference Guide

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:28 am

This is solely for myself, the GM, to post references within the RP for everyone to understand. For example changes made in this AU RP pertaining to the Fade, Magi, etc.

Players are free to PM me for ideas on Thedas culture, languages and the like. If we're able to come to an agreement I'll quote said player and post it up here. Things will be kept in alphabetical order for simplicity and edited as ideas are solidified.

-Character disposition journals
-Languages
-Magi and Magic
-Relationships
-The Fade
Last edited by Fammikins on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fammikins
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Reference Guide

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:31 am

Character disposition journals

notes;
-players are not required to make a disposition journal
-each character has their own individual thread in the site's OOC "Journal" section
-feel free to use my entry layout or make up your own
-disposition ranges from -100 (absolute loathing) to +100 (like family/in love)
-characters will not always have the same disposition towards each other; take Blysse for example whom will love just about everyone and let's say Jasper whom would be more cautious as a rogue/pirate

Severia

Kujo

Ryuu

Asmara

Jasper

Zephora

Dubhradh

Blysse

Tiaryn

Blodwyn

Tal'Vashoth

Antius

Bruce
Last edited by Fammikins on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:54 am, edited 18 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fammikins
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:38 am

Languages

Language translation site for reference.

Dalish. Gibberish created by Bioware as far as I know. xP

Orlais, French.

Ferelden's language is English.

Imperium, Latin.

Antivan is Spanish.

Chasind is Gaelic.
StrawberryFoxglove wrote:On Chasind language

This first one is a list of phrases:
http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/gaelic.php

This is pronunciation:
http://www.unilang.org/view.php?res=50

A dictionary:
http://www.lexilogos.com/english/gaelic ... ionary.htm

And some more in-depth information with a more confusing pronunciation guide:
http://www.omniglot.com/writing/gaelic.htm

Omniglot is actually a really useful site. The last url has the links to phrases, songs, and whatnot. I have some more sites as well, if you needed anything else. :)
Last edited by Fammikins on Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:04 am, edited 6 times in total.

Fammikins
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:55 am

Magi and Magic

Amaranta wrote:On blood magic

- There are many legends about the origin of blood magic, but it is said that it was the first sort of magic in Thedas. Perhaps it could have been a gift from the Maker which got terribley misused/abused.

- The Tevinter Imperium has few accounts of blood mages becoming abominations. Reason: blood magic has to be taught properly and the Imperium has preserved the essential steps and rituals needed to protect a blood mage. As the Chantries in Ferelden, Orlais, and other countries forbid blood magic, those who learn it seldom know how to use it properly and thus only serve to expand the fear of blood magic.

- Misuse of blood magic leads to a mage becoming corrupted and turning into an abomination (a curse from the Maker upon those who do not properly treat blood magic). Comparatively, a warrior mistreating a mabari would stand a good chance of having their throat bitten out.

- Phylacteries used to track mages are a form of blood magic. Perhaps lyrium addiction plays a part in the reason why Templars who use the phylacteries do not become corrupted by the blood magic. If the Templars stopped taking the lyrium...only the Maker knows

So basically with your mage they're limited to a maximum of five spells to start out with. Spells come in different schools and categories but all at least have lv1, lv2, lv3, and a lv4 spell type for that set. Example: a spirit healer has Revival, they will also have Group Heal, but Group Heal will not count as one of their five spells although Group Heal is still allowed to be used. Only Revival would be listed as one of the five spells. Hope that makes sense. Same basic theory for talents/skills as well.

And players are permitted to give their mages basic things such as the ability to control small amounts of water or producing a flame. PLayers are also given free range to create their own spells.
Last edited by Fammikins on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fammikins
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:15 am

Relationships

Kin
Valen&Blodwyn are twins
Merle is a cousin to Valen&Blodwyn
Severia&Fergus are siblings, Sev is younger by four years
Blysse&Cash are siblings, Cash is younger by three years

Romantic
note: none of these pairings are final. The players can play matchmaker with their characters as they so choose.
Both players must be in agreement to said pairing before I'll accept it.

Andor&Blodwyn
Gann&Merle
Dante&Sialance (Dante will be coming in after Valen dies)
Cash&Ryuu
Conall&Celestelle
Celestelle&Ceallach
Asmara&Antius
Last edited by Fammikins on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Fammikins
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fammikins on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:08 pm

The Fade

Now for the RP I want both Fade and Veil to be different than that of the game's. You can thank my 3AM imagination for half of the crack I bake up for us.

This is to be the Veil. Basically a vast, amaranth realm of...nothing with random doors and enemies into various realms. And if any of you recognize where the wallpaper is from, I love you. With all of my little black heart.

Still working on other details of the Veil but I really do want opinion here so everyone else can have fun, pitch in and whatnot. Now the Fade.

Supposedly it is where your mind goes when you sleep, an astral bit of your essence. So...why must it all be the stuff of nightmares? Unicorns. Fluffy bunnies. Pink panthers. Let's get creative and actually toss dreams into it. And for fun, some brief side effects. Example: entering the Fade when you sleep is no big deal. But if a mage or a demon sends you there; you can revert to something from your childhood (and thusly BE a child for the sequence), you get older, you lose your memory, you swap bodies with someone, you relive memories, etc.

There will be some freaky stuff in the Fade, have no fear (HAHA irony. ._.) of that.

Also within the Fade; I'm thinking that their imaginations will do them good. You know that inevitably scarring dream where you go through your day without pants? Make it so. If you want cake, there it is. (BUT THE CAKE IS A LIIIE since it's in the Fade and all. They'd taste it but wouldn't digest anything).

Or, like Blysse, she'd be thinking of nothing but halla running amok. It could also help will away something that spooks them. Not including demons or spirits obviously who pretty much exist in the Fade.

Kurokiku wrote:As for Fade/Veil stuff... I'm definitely with you that it doesn't have to be nightmarish. It would be interesting if there was some kind of situation in which each character had a small space in it that was sort of their consciousness made manifest. So, Blysse's would be filled with Halla and stuff, you know? It would also be kind of weird if we all had to progress through them to get the heck out of there.

Fammikins
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!