Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Pantheon: Post Cataclysm

Middle Realm; Landclaims

a part of “The Pantheon: Post Cataclysm”, a fictional universe by Midnightclub.

Gods rule the cosmos and all that is within. As one of these elite beings how will you run the world? What will you create?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Pantheon: Post Cataclysm”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Middle Realm; Landclaims

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:30 pm

http://downloads.dragonsprophecy.net/Ex ... _Map_2.jpg

(Larger map for use of reference in staking your claim)

Credit to map goes to- MidnightClub Credit to link goes to- Gypsy

This map will be used for reference to nations occupied by player created races and creatures.

It will likely change hands over time through war or other means between these races and creatures.

Everyone should take into consideration, there are no places such as the "Thousand Army Fang Control Zone" The Rivers, lands, everything is nameless, we simply use them for reference to aid us in drawing the lines of our borders and territories. Furthermore, the shaded areas and etc have no effect on the land.

But, The Wilds claim the very edges of the entire map, as it's a constant struggle to make it's way farther inland this is both a plot device and a means of entertainment, left from the cataclysm as the Gods did not have the power completely necessary to get rid of the Chaos Beasts entirely. Please consider this when staking your claim for a territory.

"The Blessed Isle," Is roughly the size of Russia. Please be considerate of others. Don't take great deals of land for yourself or be greedy in your claims, but rather cooperate and be civil which is the one rule of this thread-
1.) No fighting in the Land Claims thread.
Alternatively someone may want water ways or lakes, please be considerate of that.
I answer to but one person when it comes to this thread, MidnightClub. His word in this thread is the only one that could trump mine. Be aware.

Have fun, consider what your race and creations stand for and the environments they would be accustomed to. If we get a lot of players that need land, current players with large plots may have to give up sections. But remember, land can switch hands, as this roleplay extends beyond Gods and Goddesses to civilizations, armies, mortals doing what they do best.

Current Land Claims Are;

Aspestis- The Blighted Swamp The "Thousand Army Fang Total Control Zone" area. The Maruto River is the northern border. The Grey River marks the western border as if flows to it's western most branch. The Vaniwayan River and the nameless one just below it, are also within Aspestis' borders. Where the trees are no longer thick, makes up the southern border..

Nylia- The "Blessed Isle" Region.

Adarani- Western Most Archipelago Region and South-Western most coastal islands.

Cragin- South-Western coastal, "Silent Crescent" Region, Nightfall Island and all islands between it and the rest of his lands.

Acanthus- Small plot in the Central Southern Desert.

Othuma- The north most part of the map, ice area. His land is that whole "Haslanti League" area. It includes "Diamond Heart", that glacial island off the coast in the "White Sea" and it goes a little bit past "Crystal" as it's eastern border is cut off at that "knob" form from the ice. It's western border is cut off from the ocean. And the "White Sea is it's southern border. It does go much further north because of the Wild.

Veltrez- Kingdom sized plot, we'll assume size of one square. In the "Icewalker's" region.

Torsc- A network of underground caverns that would be fairly large, but spread out all over the place, with the largest entrance cave being somewhere remote, possibly somewhere (anywhere) in the icy north

Riomu- A plot of the desert East of the "Silent Crescent" Region, the eastern border cut at a slanted line from between the "Delzahn Horde" area. Down to the smaller hills of that mass of volcanoes. Cragin and Riomu split the mountain range between them.
Last edited by CussingChild on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
"It's not that I believe people are generally bad in nature, it's that..I know it with every fiber of my cold dark being."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Middle Realm; Landclaims

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Hello! For Othuma, would you mind I stake his land claim in that patch of ice and snow in the north part of the map. The very top of it all. Yeah his land is that whole "Haslanti League" area. It includes "Diamond Heart", that glacial island off the coast in the "White Sea" and it goes a little bit past "Crystal" as it's eastern border is cut off at that "knob" form from the ice. It's western border is of course cut off from the ocean. And the "White Sea is it's southern border. It does go much further north because of the Wild.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Well, I figure that you'll have no competition for all of that. So accepted. Just if there becomes of the roleplay that there is a God or Goddess of Cold, Ice, Snow, something to that effect they may need a little bit of your land.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vinno1234 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:19 pm

If at all possible, I'd like to reserve two spaces for my potential half-gods.
One would get a network of underground caverns that would be fairly large, but spread out all over the place, with the largest entrance cave being somewhere remote, possibly somewhere (anywhere) in the icy north, if that's be okay with 7/11. In these caverns, many of the logical half's creations would call these caves home, battling for territory against subterranean monsters. And, perhaps, a revised version of the Di-Dorem would call this place home as well. The whole color spectrum thing would be dropped, with color becoming a sort of random thing that happens to a DI-Dorem upon creation.
The other would wander about the desert to the south, east of Cragin's territory. That area, under her influence, would become a home to renegades and nomad tribes from all walks of life.

Vinno1234
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Sure thing, Vinno. But may you help draw lines for me on the territory in the South Desert?

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vinno1234 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:09 am

Arrighty, gimme some specifics and I could probably do it for you today.

Vinno1234
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Hmm, you said some of the desert East of the "Silent Crescent" Region, correct? How about we cut a slanted line from between the "Delzahn Horde" area. Down to the smaller hills of that mass of volcanoes? And Cragin and whichever of your characters you decide to put there can split the mountain range between them. And that way you only border where I have Acanthus and don't surround him.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 0neTailedf0x on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Could I have a shack in the Icewalkers region that leads to an underground cave?
Timezones....................

0neTailedf0x
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vinno1234 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Duuuuude! I already caaaalllled the underground caves! D:<

Vinno1234
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 0neTailedf0x on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:13 pm

D: Darn. Then I'll guess I'll just take a kingdom that grows taller every month in the Icewalkers region.

0neTailedf0x
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vinno1234 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:18 pm

Oh, almost forgtsteded, you wanted that map, Cuss?

(image cuts off, y'may wanna open in new tab to see it all)

Vinno1234
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:08 pm

could i please have the following area? by the way, are you aware that every three or four centimeters are 800 miles in the map?

Hanriot will be starting his meddling and creation in the Nexus area and will mainly spread into a territory stretching form the great forks and the Rolling river to the east of Nexsus to the area of Lookshy and Goodharbor to the west of Nexsus along the Yanaze rive.

From Sijan to the North of Nexsus near the borders of the black case forest and the area along both banks of the river of tears to the very frontier at Denandsor to the south of Nexsus.

Note that the territory does not go beyond the black chase, mourning field,the eastern bank of the Rolling river or beyond Denandsor.

I will make a map of the land when i can.

Hanriot's lands will never be a true nation, Hanriot will mainly be building city states, rural areas and lands of ruins and adventure. There will be no central authority over these lands other then trading guilds and mercenary companies, Hanriot will mainly encourage the creation of republic like city states, communal villages and religious freedom.

In fact Hanriot will not approach his creations directly as their god at all, additionally while Hanriot will meddle in these lands he does not view himself as the owner of these lands and he will seek other god's ideas for his creations. Hanriot will have no problem with other God's interfering with some aspects of his creations but he will not like total take over... that being said Hanriot will occasionally meddle with other God's creations.

Hanriot's territory has one thing in common, its uncommonness. Hanriot seeks diversity because he finds uniform boring and he will make numerous experiments in the area.. some serious and some for his own amusement. The binding power between most of these nation states will be economy; Hanriot intends to encourage trade and mercantile behavior but mostly he wants his creations to think for themselves and seek the adventures of life no matter in what fashion.

Hanriot is quite the anarchist but he is also a capitalist ;)

How i love the exalted map :)

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Is the spot in the bottom right part of the map still open? I'm thinking for when I get my giants into the world that spot would be the perfect place for them. Some mountains, a little bit of forest, a little bit of desert and plains and the volcanoes to top it off.

[edit] essentially from down to the volcanoes, with a chunk of the jungle to the north of the mountains.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:39 am

I had trouble seeing the names of places so i made my own map, hope its accurate... if not ill change it. As you can see I included a land claim for myself and Wake; I hope this suites your fancy Wake :)

I hope it does not contest other player's land claims but I increased Hanriot's territory to include Port Calin, I felt that it was an imperative area for Hanriot to control since it is a proper coastal area; an ideal area for city states making their fortunes from trade.

to see the entire map go to this link http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y47 ... 6facbb.jpg

I recommend you download the map in order to see the names of places, its so much easier to navigate the map that way.

UPDATE: I am sorry, i did not notice that CC is leaving us when i made this post. I shall post a new map when i am able.

I am willing to take over the territory claiming area so that we may keep track of the changing map, I think a new thread is in order we may have a first post area in which to post the changes instead of doing it here now that CC will no longer be updating this thread.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:00 am

Oh and Kalimdor would like to reserve the mountainous/ hilly area around Whitewall. That upper peninsula where there is some open space and mountains. The open space will be where the Orcs live and the mountains will be where the Valkyrie will roost

I should go.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:47 am

full map link at: http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y47 ... 52c1a9.jpg

I have included Kalimdor territory and removed Cragin's territory... however in the Silent Crescent tribes area i decided to create the Cragin Grove; a shrineland to the deceased god where his powers still effect the area despite the death of the god. (If possible, this is of course the decision of the GM)

If possible we could make that area the place of his death... it will act as a memorial to the character and i think that future land claims in that area should respect this grove. (it will remain there also in case CC chooses to return)

I apologize for any variations from my original map... i had to start from the begining in order to remove Cragin's territory.'

I have left Nylia's territory as it is for the time being until this situation can be clarified.

I think i will put this map in a new thread so we can see it without having to look for it.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Are there no other claims to be made by other God's? Seriously claims should be made soon because territory's are starting to conflict XD

In the event that territory's start conflicting and there is no longer room for other players everyone should remember one important detail: one square is 250000 square miles and that's A LOT of space. (considering the line is 500 miles... 500 times 500 etc etc.. i generally suck at math but i got this right, hopefully)

500mi = 804.67km, that makes it 402336 kilometer! my country is 20,700 km2 so one square is nearly 20 times my country.

Texas is 268,580 sq mi, one square of this map is 250000 sq mi so each square is nearly the size of Texas.

I think that with so much land we can all satisfy our needs :)

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Mathias' claim will be in the "Hundred Kingdoms" region. The center of it is at the "Valley of Shards" which will be an actually valley.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:08 pm

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y47 ... c9d38e.jpg

New map, I added a large area for Mathias because he just seems like the kind of god who would like to have a fairly large area for himself. I hope you like it, if you want me to make changes you only have to call.

I am thinking of making a local area map for Hanriot's lands so i can keep track of developments but i do not know exactly how i will do that.

For now we are yet to have any problems regarding the land claims so I think we can still afford to have large land grants, it could actually be a nice roleplaying idea if in the event other players join in they will occupy territory belonging to another player (prearranged by both parties of course)

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnightclub on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:18 pm

You forgot Torsc who has a holding towards the north.

Midnightclub
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!