Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gatewatchers

Gatewatchers

a part of “Gatewatchers”, a fictional universe by LookingAtPerks.

"This is the definition of Magic. It is the use of forces and energies that others are unable to explain with our current knowledge of Science"- Allen Blake, Founder of the World Gatewatcher Council.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gatewatchers”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Gatewatchers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:05 pm

Round one! FIGHT

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:13 am

Annd Rowan is more or less completed. He's designed to be a glass cannon, of sorts. Also holy crap, SUE THE T-REX GOT REVIVED!! Along with Abraham Lincoln wielding a chainsaw like Jason. All we're missing is a guy in a polka suit and a possessed skull.

Abraham Lincoln in a polka suit would reach a height of awesomeness that might break the scale.

Also, before I forget - Maric's a white mana user? I thought we couldn't create white mana users. What does white mana mean? Also, does his sister being way older than him a side effect of whatever happened during the incident his parents died in? Although that might be a stupid question to ask...

Also, is the star fragment the current macguffin that the taskforce need to retrieve, or is it something else?
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:30 am

I pooped a post. Chuckles, it's up to you what Dorian says to Cedric, except he's not going to mention Selena's little late night cutting session. He's a loyal ex-soldier butler, remember :3
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:08 am

Sounds good, it'll be a couple of posts down the hopper before Dorian has a chance to meet Cedric.

Also, I like the fact that Cedric has little problem tempting Selena's wraith while legendary flirt Maric probably knows better. Haha. They make pretty interesting foils for each other. Maric flirts because he cares what people think about him, Cedric does it because he doesn't give a shit. Maric doesn't have a "polite" filter, Cedric has politness basically ingrained in him.

Going to start working on round 2, aka the main event, this afternoon hopefully.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NeverEndingFlip on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:13 am

I shall also be working on a Sillo post soon, Alle. Work has been kicking my ass to the beach and back every day for 11 days now. I just haven't had the ability to make timely responses. However, that'll change when I get my rest and have a functional brain once more. Thanks for the patience!
Gotta Go Fast

NeverEndingFlip
Member for 9 years
Writer of the Month, Feb. 2017 Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:43 pm

QUESTION ANSWERING TIME!

I said that because of raisins. Plot Raisins. Maric also exists because of Plot Raisins.

Characters will be introduced, revealed, and if needed, executed on a case by base case basis, based on how and where things are currently going. After all, what I have in my head is fluid, constantly evolving, adapting, and changing based on what everyone posts, so everything you all add whether you realize or intend for it or not will evolve the plot more and more.

Maric has multiple reasons for existing, some of them complicated. But, at the end of the day, we all need to remember....I am a malicious, horrible person to my own characters on occasion. That doesn't give anyone else an excuse to be like that to them though. :3

Huh, not as many questions as I thought there would be.....

Anyways, Never, you are under strict orders to relax and post for us at our pleasure. Now, lets get a move on people!

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:06 am

And posted! Well, there's Nathan left to post for, but I'll leave it alone until Rowan gets accepted. Need Rowan for the post to work, and I don't like the idea of treating him as an NPC since he's going to be very involved in things I've got planned for Nate.

Also for the record, when Aldred said wrecked he meant 'Nearly caused the whole room to explode by tampering curiously with the machinery' haha. They're not going to let him live down the time he destroyed a tv as well.

I'm not sure about the others, but for me I'm not going to be questioning anything about Zane or Maric until my characters are in contact with them. Wait, I already asked questions so that was a moot point lol. It's not like my questions will be answered since I'd probably be asking for spoilers without realising it, so there's no point in asking about it right? XD

But seriously, what is white mana?

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:39 am

White Mana is produced by the tears of children, obviously.

Or maybe its produced by love.

Or maybe its produced by acts of sheer selflessness.

OR MAYBE, people have to die for you in order for you to gain it of their own free will!

Or maybe its all of them....

Or maybe its none of them....

Or maybe, its caused by sacrificing babies.

I think I tortured you all enough now.

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:27 pm

Sorry for the delay guys. I've had a really hectic week or so and it's been hindering my ability and time to write. Hopefully that will break tomorrow and I'll be able to crank out some work with Bravo and get the post finished.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:13 am

Ahh, so white mana is so rare that the only thing anyone knows about it is the rumors or legends, since they didn't do any actual research on it despite having one white mana user in their ranks and thus having prime material to ask about it. Alrighty then.

Been a busy week for me too. Work came up huge the past few days, and today's the first day I have time to sit and think about what to write instead of feeling like I'm about to konk out any second. I'll get something up for Rowan and Nathan as soon as I can. Sorry for the wait Baneling.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:05 pm

I think I might go ahead and post, if only to help progress things.

And btw, they did do research on it. Its just inconclusive due to a lack of data. They don't have enough data to know about it.

I do actually know what White Mana is, and its set in stone what causes it. And as of right now, no one can even say if White Mana makes one more powerful, so that's an assumption you should not make.

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:02 pm

I managed to do some writing tonight! Hopefully that will kick off some good colab this weekend and we can get the draft finished up.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:08 am

I didn't say that white mana made someone more powerful. If anything, if I had to make an assumption about it, I'd proclaim it as the opposite of black mana - the opposite of hatred, love and a will to do good. The will to do good bit is probably Maric being good is not nice and the love was probably provided by his parents - had to be if they decided to sacrifice themselves to save him, if the current story holds true. For all I know it could just be a cover story for something unspeakable. All I did was wonder why there were only rumors when there was a white-mana user in the midst of the Gatewatcher community, who they could've asked for clarification on what white mana is. Not having enough data for a conclusion makes sense.

Sorry if it sounded sarcastic, though. Wasn't trying to be, but exhaustion makes my brain-mouth filter function less than it normally does and I don't really know how to, uh, well... actually hold conversation with other people that doesn't sound blunt or rude. You could say that Nathan and Aldred is my experimental attempt at figuring out how to talk to people, in a nicer way haha. My bad. Should also get something up by today, even if its pretty little. :D

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:15 am

Posted! Still waiting for Flip, Sorry for the wait Baneling. Nathan's on his way to meet Rowan (made a few changes to his CS), only he heard the T-rex on the way. Whether he interferes or not is up to you guys, just tell me if its a go or a no-go. At this current stage of his personality, he's equally likely to hightail it out of there or investigate where the noise is coming from.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:35 pm

I actually meant for the second part of that post to have been in a different part of Sanctum City, completely outside of Alleytown. I didn't think about the fact that "across town" could be interpreted as "across alleytown" haha.

we're getting towards the tail end of this last collab post, Pad is here which will wrap up the fight and lead us to two Gatewatchers in need of assistance though. If you want to peek in and see if you want Nathan to get involved feel free!

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:29 pm

ROUND TWO! FIGHT!

... you're welcome for the epic boss music. :P

twas a fun adventure writing directly with Bravo! now we can see what other fun awaits our nearly dead hero's!

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:38 pm

Same! Certainly didn't expect all that when I had Minori grab a drink with him, haha.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:47 pm

Yup, in the immortal words of Ron Burgundy...

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:09 am

Should be able to get a post up by tomorrow. It's... probably going to have some foreshadowing, to make up for the wait. Mwahaha.

I'll post for Nathan soonish!

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:43 pm

Probably have some foreshadowing? I'm pretty sure the majority of my posts have foreshadowing, granted its very crafty covert foreshadowing most of the time, but I am enjoying the fact that I built this character with a specific character development goal which makes throwing that type of foreshadowing in easy.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!