Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ministry of Magic - remake

Ministry of Magic - remake

a part of “Ministry of Magic - remake”, a fictional universe by BoneBrain.

London, 1962. A massive step forward for the Wizarding community has given the Ministry of Magic the first Muggle-Born Minister for Magic, not everyone is pleased with this change. (Reboot)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ministry of Magic - remake”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Ministry of Magic - remake

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Well Herald, it is in my experience, that those most equipped to handle a concept are those who most cleanly recognize the dangers of said concepts implications. Given you've already given us the courtesy a heads up on the matter and even admitted to some caution of its implications in your points I for one find myself willing to let the concept roll.

I mean Im a researcher working as an Auror for access to things otherwise...difficult or suspicious to access. It would be rather hypocritical for me to point the finger and call your concept "too dangerous".

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoneBrain on Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:05 pm

I certainly think it would make a super interesting twist on this story but I can of course understand if it seems a little much.
I think we would have to build up to this concept before diving deeply into it and we can do that through the memory loss and the character keeping a lot of things to himself.
But yeah I just wanted to make sure everyone was alright with this idea before Tomorrow moves forward. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BoneBrain
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:25 pm

I agree with Nekohina. You've obviously given this character and how he'd fit into the plot decent thought, and the fact that you're aware of the potential to be OP and have included points to avoid that makes me inclined to think you'll handle it well! All for it, definitely an interesting character idea! :)

Also, I've finished my character. Misha Vasiliev, an ex-quidditch player who will annoy the heck out of anyone forced to share an office with him for more than hour. Hope he's alright!

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jibber Jabber on Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:53 pm

[I haven't slept yet so sorry for any weird strung words.]

I also agree with everyone else. It seems like you've taken the time to fully figure out your character to enough of a degree that it's happily skeptic. It's a risk but it would definitely be an interesting character and that is always a good thing.

Anyway, I am finishing up Finlay today/soon. Hopefully. Unless I pass out because like I said I haven't slept and I'm at that second wind stage where I have one song on loop and i'm making silly mistakes by overlooking everything. Can't wait to start this. :}

Jibber Jabber
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TomorrowsHerald on Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:01 pm

Thanks chaps, the WIP character sheet is up at roleplay/ministry-of-magic-remake/characters/maximilian-greenslade. If you have any suggestions or criticisms, please let me know.

Damn me for adding that tragic bit to his history, Its there for now but I might get rid of it. The loss of his previous life was bugging me because it seemed to play second fiddle to his return from the future. I decided to add in that my character was married and had a child; both of whom have since died. I can't say I am happy with this addition, hell this character was supposed to be younger but I wanted his "real age"(birth date to present day) to be at lease close to the magical snuff it zone. If any of you think its a useless addition, I will get rid of the 'poor guy lost his wife and kid' bit. It just seemed like the sort of thing someone displaced in time would have to face, or I am just tormenting this character for being so annoyingly complicated.

I am thinking of a second character, a sort of retired civil servant called back to the job, perhaps a permanent undersecretary in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Imagine him as the guy who has to explain the concept of "property damage" and why its a problem to over eager aurors. Would such a role fall under administrative assistant?

TomorrowsHerald
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoneBrain on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:18 am

Alright! I finally have a chance to sit down and get started with this Roleplay! I will be making the first post today :)

Tomorrow, I'd say that we've got a pretty collective go ahead so feel free to implement this idea! Can't wait to see Max in action. :)

EDIT: Oh and as for your second character sorry it slipped my mind! I'd say that would be a fun character to write about. I'd put them under support staff in general this character would likely be used for many different departments mishaps haha.

BoneBrain
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terraformer on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:51 pm

Max's birthday is my birthday IRL lol

Terraformer
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TomorrowsHerald on Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:11 pm

That's great to gear BoneBrain, I have to admit that I can't help unconsciously flinching whenever I write your username; as I have insulted you by using it, lol. I came up with my present roleplaying username while I was rereading Order of The Phoenix. It was originally the name of my own hypothetical magical newspaper, launched to drive the Daily Prophet out of business.

Max is 99% ready, he is just missing images I am too lazy to add at the moment. I might have to go over the spelling, as I was at least slightly influenced by an alcoholic beverage when I wrote the first draft.

I don't think that second character will be ready by tomorrow, but I will put up a wip with most his personal information, as soon as I can squeeze it into my evening. I think he will be more of a legal advisor; that way all the departments can request and than politely ignore his advice. After all, very few people have the ability to bore themselves into the half life required to gain a comprehensive knowledge of at least several centuries of "modern" wizarding law. The type of person who would have a NEWT in a history of magic for instance!

PS: Great minds think alike Immayahoka.

TomorrowsHerald
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:08 pm

I'd like to introduce my second character: Cybele Valenta

She'll be working with the Magical Law Enforcement department after being trialled and found guilty of a variety of crimes (theft, using magic on muggles, black market dealings etc etc). Thankfully she's too useful to throw in jail, so she'll get to know all your lovely characters instead!

I'll get started on posts! Yay :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:22 pm

I, Neko the Egotistical just call our GM BB is I have to make a direct address - though Im also known to just use half their name too.

Isn't that right BB? (silent cry at the sudden realization that I let my tea get cold)

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoneBrain on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:09 pm

XD oh man it's all good guys. I made the name silly for fun. I chose it so of course I don't feel insulted! XD way to make my day. However you want to call me is good! Can't wait to read your posts!

BoneBrain
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby συιʝα on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:25 pm

I was wondering if I could make another female character? Apart of the Department of Mysteries and a natural born Seer. Withe the Face Claim Troian Bellisario
ImageImage

συιʝα
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:41 pm

Sorry for the massive rambling in both my posts. Promise I don't always ramble... much. Anyways, really excited that posting has started! Looking forward the reading the rest of the posts :)

Edit: Gah, and I've only just thought that I should have had Misha and/or Cybele go and interact with someone else, rather than each other. Sorry, I'll be sure to do that next time. Or, anyone is free to join them. Misha probably has too much food on his plate to eat all by himself :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terraformer on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:05 am

Willow is officially finished.

Terraformer
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby la.lune on Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:20 am

Everyones characters look so good! I've already posted for Ophelia but I'm going to hold off on posting for Robin until he is 100% done (I just need to write his biography).

la.lune
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoneBrain on Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:20 am

Hello eveyone! Everyone's characters and posts are looking amazing so far! I've accepted the next characters that are done. :)

@συιʝα By all means! I'm excited to see them.

BoneBrain
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:16 pm

Hullo! Sorry for the delay! Epiphanes is done! My other character is hot on his heels.
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby συιʝα on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:25 am

Alrighty, I finally finished Rowena and should have my first post up by this weekend if not sooner!

συιʝα
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoneBrain on Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:21 am

Hey guys Sorry for my silence there! Work had me swamped. I'll hopefully be making a second post today :)

BoneBrain
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:00 pm

I'm kinda assuming that this RP has died...?

Cloud
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!