Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Love Without A Face

Love Without A Face

a part of “Love Without A Face”, a fictional universe by Valkyrieknight.

Being born as the child of wealthy, influential, political figures ain't no picnic. We are all destined to wed and so we must attend the Lafond Masquerade Ball if we want any say in the matter. {recruiting males}

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Love Without A Face”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Love Without A Face

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valkyrieknight on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:55 am

Polarisbear12 wrote:@Val
I am currently in the midst of taking exams! Or soon to be as they begin the 8th. Once I complete my exams which will be by next week, I will definitely submit a character!

No problem! Thanks for keeping us updated. All the best with exams :D!

stealthpanther wrote:Quick question:

I like to be at least somewhat accurate and believable when I make characters, and since you said this is a modern roleplay, how modern do you mean? Modern as in now? 1900's? 1800's?

I only ask, since almost all 'modernized' and developed countries no longer have nobility or titles. If they do, it doesn't really translate to actual power, they are more figure heads or the like. The titles don't really mean anything anymore.

Sure. I understand. I never really clarified the setting to begin with so I apologize ^^;; I usually get caught up with the way the plot runs first..
To clarify what I had envisioned when I said, 'modern'. I only meant a world that is up to date with our current technologies but they would still practice traditions such as arranged marriage and the importance of titles in relation to power etc. If there's anything else you're unsure about feel free to ask me!

Zodia195 wrote:Has anyone had any success resizing their images through the BBCode because I am having no luck at all.

May I recommend this website? http://ezgif.com/resize
I resize everything on it then upload the resized images somewhere :) I'm not familiar with BBCode unfortunately so I do this method.

Apologies for the delay in general everybody! Today was my first day working xD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Valkyrieknight
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver Donated! Contributor Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:44 am

Thanks I was trying to find a Resizer site without having to save pictures on my comp.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:16 pm

I know what I want my character to be like, but holy crap....I'm not used to such convoluted character sheets. Wish me luck!

Current quote going on in my head:

"You look like a girl!"
"That's what I am, half-wit!"
"Yeah, but today you look it!"

Ever After

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valkyrieknight on Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:46 am

Zodia195 wrote:Thanks I was trying to find a Resizer site without having to save pictures on my comp.

Glad I could help :3

stealthpanther wrote:I know what I want my character to be like, but holy crap....I'm not used to such convoluted character sheets. Wish me luck!

Good luck!

I have finished updating my character's history.. turned out a bit longer than what fits. Personality and External relationships to go!

Valkyrieknight
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver Donated! Contributor Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:01 pm

Okay I finally got the hang of the coding here. But I am going to be uploading my profile in segments so it'll be a WIP.

However there's an issue. The preview section isn't working of the Add Character section. And for some reason, I can't preview things through here because there's "not enough characters".

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Okay I have a major issue now. I submitted my WIP character profile and the profile is BLANK!!! What is going on?!

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:08 pm

I deleted the char and I will try reupploading it.

Edit- Okay we have a major issue here. It seems the profile will only preview if it's a certain size, and this worries me because if it's too big, the whole profile may not load at all. So I don't know what to do at this point. I've already reported this issue to the Help desk.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pandora's Melancholy on Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:01 am

All right! I'm finally done with my Profile! Sorry it took long! I got busy and all! Also, I changed my Face Claim, hope it's fine?

Pandora's Melancholy
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valkyrieknight on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:42 pm

Zodia195 wrote:I deleted the char and I will try reupploading it.

Edit- Okay we have a major issue here. It seems the profile will only preview if it's a certain size, and this worries me because if it's too big, the whole profile may not load at all. So I don't know what to do at this point. I've already reported this issue to the Help desk.

Ahh sorry to hear D: Can you send me everything possibly and I'll check it out? If I can I might make the character for you and transfer it.

Accepted Pandora!

Valkyrieknight
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:49 am

@ Pandora's Melancholy-

I am actually kinda tempted to ask if I can play the crown prince in your external relationships section. I'd keep his personality like how I envision my character to be, but that face claim is gorgeous, and his status is something believable to me for a modern setting.

No worries if not though. Just having some trouble putting my character together.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pandora's Melancholy on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:25 pm

@stealthpanther

Oh you mean, Sharif? Well, I have no problems if you want to use him as your character, though, I would like to keep a few points about him if you will. Since, he does have a role with my character's development and all that.

Pandora's Melancholy
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:34 am

Well, I gave it one more try and tried uploading what I had, only for me to be notified that my other character profile is still there.

So, I am just going to suck it up, save pictures for my profile, redo the images and the font of my alias, and email the coding to you Valkyrie. Also a few times the bbcode shows up in the profile when I preview it, plus A HUGE gap in between the history and relationships part.

It might be another few days because once again I am mentally drained and tomorrow I have a dental appointment. I am so sorry this shouldn't be this hard, and I've been roleplaying like this for 15 years.

Edit: OH NO! I totally forgot to save my character's personality and history! Argh!!! Now I have a major headache.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:46 pm

@ Pandora's Melody.

Yeah, I like the look of him. And heck, I like a good Arabian-style character. Well, let me know what you had in mind and what needs to be there, and I'll see if it fits in within my ideas of a character. If not, no worries, I'll just proceed as before.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Victorant on Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:51 am

I don't think I have the time to juggle the other RP with this one Val but all the best to everyone.

Victorant
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Giver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:38 am

Ugh, being sick sucks. I need to do some catching up on good ol rpg

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valkyrieknight on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:51 am

How is everyone doing? :O I hope you're all having a good Christmas and have a good New Years!
I want to start the RP a bit after 2017 is in so please let me know.

@Vic I understand ^^ thank you.
@stealth Oh no ;; hope you recover soon.

Valkyrieknight
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pandora's Melancholy on Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:32 am

I'm fine with it, just holler when we would begin!

Pandora's Melancholy
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:26 am

Gyah! multiple staff being gone means more hectic hours and no rhyme or reason to my work schedule >.<

This is actually the first time this week I have been able to even glance at my computer. Hello all! Hope the holiday treated everyone well.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valkyrieknight on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:34 pm

That sounds hectic :c I feel like I picked the worst timing to make an RP with it being around the holidays and we're also short on males.. D:

Valkyrieknight
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:38 am

At long last....a chance to look at my computer! *flop* I'm still around, I swear

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!