Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Invasion of Characters: New Dawn (IC ALWAYS OPEN)

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

Re: Invasion of Characters: New Dawn (IC ALWAYS OPEN)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:28 am

(DANG! What am I supposed to do now?! By the way, are characters here familiar with each other at all? Are they aware of each other's backstories or not. And @TheFirstfist, what are Dante's weaknesses?)

Tahira Ali clung desperately to the man's coat, balanced precariously on the motorcycle as she was, her hair whipping furiously in the wind. Then a volley of gunshots, and her new found companion slumped forward, crimson running through his coat. Blood. How the liquid was familiar to her touch. She reached for his face with her hand. "Are you all right?" shouted Tahira Ali. "Are you all right?" Not of her own volition, her hand slipped from his face, and she could not lift it. She looked, and saw matching red flowing from her right shoulder. The bullet must have passed through her.

The motorcycle slowed. Tahira Ali reached with her other hand over the man's shoulder, clutching desperately for the gas. Her fingertips brushed it and then she held on for dear life, pressing down hard. They began to accelerate again. With great effort, she lifted her other arm and wrapped it around the man's waist, hoping it would be safe to stop soon. "Wake up," she shouted urgently. "Wake up."
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFirstFist on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:33 am

(pretty much, if dante loses his head, he dies. He is a half demon that seems to be unaffected by fire and ice and the such, but if he sustains too much damage he'll pass out for god know's how long.
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow forth like a river. And the three will spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheFirstFist
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ulysess on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:35 pm

Cricket’s head whipped up so suddenly he almost hit the person behind him. “I’ve taken a hit before,” he said through clenched teeth. He coughed, and blue blood splattered the front of the bike. “What the fu-” he exclaimed, a bump in the road cutting him off. “Well, maybe not a hit quite like this, goddamn these magic bullets,” he laughed weakly. “Darling, I don’t think I’m going to be around much longer-” another cough, “-but It’s been nice chattin’ with ya.” The were out of LBC now, heading into the wastelands. The ground became dusty, dry earth with cracks that ran like a net of wrinkles over it. A snatch of T.S. Elliot’s ‘The Waste Land’ rhythmically pounded through his head…

…Where the sun beats,
And the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief…
…I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust…

With those thoughts he slowed the bike down to a halt, slid off to the right, and collapsed to the ground.
“What’s your name?” he groaned. All around them, the land was as flat and featureless as a sandy piece of paper, except for the wavering metallic image of Furtimicas, a nearby factory, and the distant green of NWL.

((Most people don’t know each other’s backstories))
..._...l..________________, ,
....../ '---_______----______l] POW!
...../_==o_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__)/
....// (..) ) ,----"
...//____/
..//____/
.//____/

Ulysess
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:02 pm

"There!" exclaimed Break as he moved away from S. He put a mirror in front of him and S stood there in amazement. S was completely white, even his eyes, and he had a wierd contraption on his shoulders. S pointed to them and looked at Break. "Oh, those are Explosive Lauchers." he said and put a block of wood on the table. "Try it out." he said and S backed up and looked at the wood block. He pushed a button on his belly and both lauchers shot out a very tiny explosive at a high speed causing the block to be half destroyed and sent flying off the table. S jumped back in amazement and smiled at Break.
"YOU GIVE HIM SOMETHING LIKE THAT BUT NOT ME?!" Emily exclaimed hopping on his shoulder.
Break ignored Emily's remark and put his hand on the table. "Let's bring you back to Link and the others." he said with a smile.
If you can't read this, you probably need glasses!!!

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:33 pm

(OOC: Wait, what kind of bullets were we hit with, Ulysses? What kind of effects will happen? I'm soooo confused right now. :/ )

Tahira Ali felt them come to a stop as they arrived in an abandoned location, the man with her collapsing from the motorcycle. Immediately, she slid off the seat and kneeled by him, her left hand resting lightly on his shoulder. "Tahira Ali," she said. "And yours? By what name am I to call you?" Beneath and around her, the dust swirled, and she felt at home. The desert was welcome, its dry terrain and dusty winds all she had known. Her right arm, she held close to her body, trying, for now, to ignore the pain.

(OOC: Aaargh. One of my shortest posts. Ever. In the world, like. Stupid writer's block.)

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:37 pm

Jiub put his arms on his hip after sheathing Shadowsting. "And if you kill me, The light would come down on you. If you plan on offering your services to the light, I would expect you would want to go see Link. He's recruiting. He's an agreeable fellow. Doesn't say much though. Tell them I sent you and they'll let you in Sera. Right now, I've got a rat to catch." Jiub looked over at the way Cricket had gone.

"Oh, and if you don't mind. Keep this conversation to yourself." Jiub gave a wink with his scarred eye while getting ready to run off to find cricket. He adjusted his Bobs and he was off, towards cricket. This time he had a proposition. This time, he was the one with demands.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iowa90 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:49 pm

Cloud had left the shop some few minutes before Cricket and the others. He did not like the conversation he was hearing and wanted no part in what they were planing. Unfortunate for him, his desires didn't much matter because as he was mounting his bike and watching the dark people flee he heard a rumble, saw a flame, and took a hit as part of the building came crashing towards him. He quickly raised his sword up and slashed hard at the piece of ruin that was falling towards him. He easily sliced it in two and the two sides feel harmlessly around him. The smaller part though, pelted him like tiny bee stings.

Cloud started his bike and scanned his surroundings as best he could. He did not see Dante or his shot at the attackers but he did see the fleeing bike that had picked up another passenger. He took off into a nearby ally way and began to weave in and out of the maze of back streets. He was not happy with the turn of events and felt he should express himself and what better way to do that then to kill a dark spy. He emerged from his short cut and saw the other bike start to pick up speed on its way to what appeared to be Furtimicas. Cloud hit the throttle and aimed to cut them off on the outskirts of the city. He was quickly catching up and was sure that they could see him now as he was only a few yards away. He straightened his bike to become parallel with them and heaved his mighty buster sword in the air. He aimed his sword to hit towards the front of their bike, which would stop them immediately and send them flying off. It wouldn't be till after he started his swing that he noticed both the man and woman on the bike were injured. Cloud would have stopped his attack if he could but it was too late to pull back on such momentum. If they lived, which he assumed they would, he would pull back. He had no desire to attack wounded people, especially if they were just spies.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!
"Truth be told... I couldn't lay a finger on the man."

iowa90
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ulysess on Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:11 pm

((I don’t know, but the bullets were glowing, so some weren’t just ‘normal’. To Iwoa90: how does he know Cricket is a Dark spy?))

“Lovely name,” he muttered. His eyes were beginning to glaze over. “Call me Cricket, or Jimbo. Now if you’ll excuse me,” he said, and reached for a radio on the side of the bike, “I believe we are being followed.” Cricket pressed a button and there was a crackle of static from the radio. “This is Cricket to Charon. We are to the north-south of the factory outpost and are being pursued by one or two enemies. Send backup, over.” There was a short pause, and then: “Charon to Cricket. Backup’s on its way, over.” Cricket dropped the radio as if holding onto it had exhausted him. “That should keep our little attackers distracted.” He tore the blue handkerchief around his arm off and buried it in the sand, so he didn’t look like a member of Cobra’s unit.

“You on the bike!” he called to Cloud, who was only yards away. “Me and my wife heard a huge explosion and fled the city. We’re unarmed!” Which was true – Cricket had left his gun in Dante’s shop. “My wife needs medical attention!” He lowered his voice so Cloud couldn’t hear him. “I hope you’re a good actor,” he whispered to Tahira, “because this bloke has no way of knowing we’re spies. We need to get to that factory. It’s surrounded by mines, but I know the way. We’ll be safe inside."

"We’re going to yon factory for help,” he continued to Cloud in a raised voice. "I saw a man running towards NWL. He's a dark elf, or something of the kind. He might be who you're looking for." Juib, the man he was reffering to, had an 'evil' appearance and was nearby when the explosion happened.

Ulysess
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:06 pm

"Thank you," she murmured. Suddenly, she heard the roar of another engine, and turned, catching sight of another man ((he is a man, right?)) on a motorcycle speeding towards them. Cricket spoke into a radio requesting backup, and then it crackled a response from someone called Charon. Tahira Ali tried not to listen. It was not her business. The other man was ever closer.

“You on the bike!” Cricket shouted loudly, waving at the newcomer. “Me and my wife heard a huge explosion and fled the city. We’re unarmed! My wife needs medical attention!” Then, turning to Tahira Ali, he whispered, "I hope you're a good actor because this bloke has no way of knowing we're spies. We need to get to that factory. It's surrounded by mines, but I know the way. We'll be safe inside." He said something else to the man on the bike, but Tahira Ali wasn't paying attention. All she heard was "we're spies".

"We're spies? What do you mean by that?" Tahira Ali hissed back with a startled glance at Cricket. "Who is that. . . who is that man?" She took her arm from off his chest, turning to observe the newcomer, a tall young man with spiked white hair. As she did so, she sincerely hoped that neither man would recognize her for who she was. She still was unsure of how she had appeared in this particular place, but she feared the presence of the Americans. That, she supposed, would be quite terrible.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:54 pm

Jiub finally caught up to Cricket. Following the tire tracks and certain drops of blue blood. He was close enough to see Cloud. Dammit, Cloud knew he was a spy for the light. He hoped the Cloud wouldn't say anything that may incriminate him. As far as Cricket however, perhaps he just thought he was a man looking for money and a job. Jiub shook his head. No time to worry about that. He just closed in on Cricket and this new woman, and loosened his boots as not to go speeding away at the single misstep... That would be embarrassing..

He wondered if the woman had anything to do with this. As he got close, he gave a small wave towards Cloud. Perhaps he remembered him. Meh.

"'EY! N'wah!" He yelled at Cricket. He couldn't forget his face. N'wah was yet another disrespectful term. "Now the shoe is on the other foot." He said circling the bike, carefully keeping an eye on Cloud. "Now, we could go back, together, and say that Dante is dead, and we both live to see another day. Or, I could come back and say we both failed, which would get us both killed by Cobra. Hell, I could kill you now if you disagree with me." He said continuing to circle the bike. He then looked up at the woman. He hated that she had to get involved...

"So, those are your options, live or die." He gave a wiry smile. He looked back at the woman. He wouldn't hurt her as she was an innocent party and it showed in his red eyes... Somehow. Jiub was Charismatic when needed be.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ulysess on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:14 pm

(( Eh... this is getting hella confusing... if Juib can run that fast why did it take him several hours to get a flier in one of your previous posts? Sorry guys, I'm going to have to drop out. The powers each character has are just ridiculous, and overly convenient.))

Cricket had no time to reply; he coughed for the last time and his brown eyes completely glazed over. He was clearly dead.

Distantly, Charon and Cobra watched with a pair of binoculars. "He was incompetent," Cobra growled. "We will not risk sending reinforcements."

((Now Cloud and Juib can blow up his base and that's it for me. The self destruct button is under the doormat.))

Ulysess
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:36 pm

((Mine has no powers. And if Ulysses is leaving, I might have to join him. . . Are you SURE you're leaving?))

Tahira Ali saw Cricket breathe his last, but she remained. The other, he was speaking to her too, and with great effort, she met his eyes. "Who?" she whispered. "Who is this Cobra?" Then, looking mournfully down at Cricket, now deceased, she felt some strange sorrow. "This world. . . prison was better. I must find some way to leave it." And so she spoke with a meaningful glance at her wound, from which blood flowed copiously. She felt tired, so tired. Blood loss, she supposed.

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:38 pm

(Seems like half the people already dropped out!)

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:47 pm

((Yeah, Jiub is becoming a nuisance for me as well... Not used to having two characters you know? I suppose I could drop Jiub and keep Link and Navi. Better with them anyway. So, if anyone wants to kill Jiub for whatever reason. Go ahead. He has a weak spot under the arms.))

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ulysess on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:45 pm

(( 'fraid so. :( Cricket and Tahira somehow worked so well togther *cries* Now I want to do a post-apocolyptic RP with them lol))

Ulysess
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:25 am

(Well S is returning to the others so all we need is for Kefka's person to post then I'm ready to continue.)

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby luis cypher on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:39 pm

Kefka yelled "Let's have a blast" as he pulled a lever,
suddenly a small cluster of missiles were fired towards the city.
"come out come out wherever you are!" Kefka yelled as he pushed some buttons slowly a dome closed over Kefka's head,
Inside several projectors showed what was happening outside.
"Vwee hee heee it work's the first fully armored MagiTek armor !"

luis cypher
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:04 pm

Break entered the room where Link and the others were. "Oh? You haven't left yet?" he asked and placed S on the table. He was wearing his new suit and Seda just ignored the fashion design.
"Are we ready?" Seda asked looking over at S who was nodding his head. Seda looked over at Link to see what the plan was.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BoyKagome on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:17 pm

"HUAHHHH AHHHHH!" What the heck was going on, falling? How could someone go from running forward then to falling a good 90 feet in the air?! Well thinking about it was going to change the fact that he was air born and that needed to be dealt with fast. Reaching behind himself Ryouga retrieved his own customized weapon of a 3 ton reinforced bamboo pole umbrella. At one point it was believed he was the only one that could wield this weapon, however Ranma showed that he could use it as well even after being transformed by cold water. But for now Ryouga simply opened up the quills as they'd take a strong hold on this villages breeze drifting young Hibiki down to the earth bellow. While descending Ryouga couldn't help but notice the Feudal era look of this place; did he just make a entire time jump? No way, that wasn't even possible!

Landing on the ground in the middle of the village square, he'd receive a few glances from the ninja that were now acknowledging his presence. With a small swallow the eternally lost boy just sheathed his umbrella and started walking off down a narrow street. " If Ranma's behind all this, i'm going to find him and give that jerk a clobbering he wont soon forget." With a tightened fist Ryouga progressed on aimlessly wondering the new village he'd just dropped in on.

BoyKagome
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:15 pm

Link nodded at Seda to indicate action would be taken. "Well, if that's everyone, lets go!" Navi said while heading towards the door. Finding the hostile shouldn't be difficult as the destruction caused would surely give it away.

Link looked behind him as they exited the base, making sure their companions were in order. Link then looked forward towards the smoke and pointed. "There..." Navi followed up to Links point. She then turned around towards their companions. "Are you ready? She asked. She wouldn't blame them if they backed out.

Link himself looked into his pack to make sure all of his items and ammo was in order. He then patted a bottle of Blue potion... Just in case, you know?

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!