Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Project Oddity

Project Oddity

a part of “Project Oddity”, a fictional universe by NethanielShade.

In 1979, the first parahuman, a human with "super powers", appeared. It is widely believed that they did not come out of hiding, but simply started existing then. Today, roughly 1 in 7,000 people on the planet are a "parahuman."

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Project Oddity”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Project Oddity

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:40 am

Alright, I think Tess is all wrapped up for the night until the next day, so I might be chilling out for a bit until things shift forward. As I'm not familiar with America's schooling system timetable, should I be anticipating she has school tomorrow? I think the events of the night will give her a pardon, but worth thinking about for now.
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StorminJericho on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Tanman wrote:Alright, I think Tess is all wrapped up for the night until the next day, so I might be chilling out for a bit until things shift forward. As I'm not familiar with America's schooling system timetable, should I be anticipating she has school tomorrow? I think the events of the night will give her a pardon, but worth thinking about for now.

Unless Shade says otherwise, Tess should be attending a school if she's under the age of 20 years old. Texas Truancy laws state that anyone between the ages of 6-19 be required to go to school, so I mean... But! That's also on you, ya know?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StorminJericho
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver Tipworthy Promethean Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:33 pm

StorminJericho wrote:Unless Shade says otherwise, Tess should be attending a school if she's under the age of 20 years old. Texas Truancy laws state that anyone between the ages of 6-19 be required to go to school, so I mean... But! That's also on you, ya know?

Ah, thank you for that StorminJericho. Depending on the plot, I might get her a pardon due to the trauma of the previous night. She's too much of a good student to skip school without some serious reason like that.

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fate0013 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:16 pm

I'll be posting tomorrow, work kind of piled up so sorry for the delay ^^;

Don't worry, I have no idea whats going on either

fate0013
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest Novelist

(Laaaaaag)
Last edited by fate0013 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fate0013
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest Novelist

(Ignore this. There was lag.)
Last edited by fate0013 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fate0013
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StorminJericho on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:23 pm

fate0013 wrote:I'll be posting tomorrow, work kind of piled up so sorry for the delay ^^;

It happens to the all of us!! No worries yo!

StorminJericho
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StorminJericho on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:49 pm

Ahhh man... it's awful quiet in the actual story itself... You guys aren't all still here yeah? Is everyone's super busy?

StorminJericho
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:25 am

I'm still floating around, but there's not too much for me to do before the next day. Here's hoping peeps are still around and kickin' though.

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:10 am

Unless someone decides to involve my character somehow, there isn't much for me to write till things move to the next day.
Death came to town.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Apologies guys, I've been busy this week, and today is my son's birthday party, but I'll have a post up tonight or tomorrow morning, promise. It'll probably be time-skipped, unless someone else wants to post their post time-skipped and I'll roll with that. Either way works.
ImageImage

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Donated! Contributor Arc Warden Beta Tester Storyteller Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:24 pm

Has everyone besides StorminJericho given up? Or are y'all bored with the current state of the roleplay? I can do a vote. What do you guys want? A timeskip to the Abhorrent attack (which I had planned for Arc 3) or something else?

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Donated! Contributor Arc Warden Beta Tester Storyteller Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fate0013 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:48 am

I'm not giving up! sorry i was meaning to post over the weekend but ended up getting dragged to a local festival. It got a bit wild to say the least and i was lacking in the ability to really type by the end of each day. Apologies for the delay. I have posted and am still very much wanting to be involved in this story.

fate0013
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:22 am

I'm still with you. Just didn't have enough free time to just sit down and write something. Today I have some time and will try to get something written.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:49 pm

I likewise am still around, just haven't quite gotten to posting between work and some recreation with friends (Overwatch). I'll try to get something up after work today.

Edit: Apologies, I didn't quite manage to get anything finished in the time I allotted. Basically, Tess will be going to school, and I'll try to have it up tomorrow after work, but don't let me slow anyone else off of posting.
Last edited by Tanman on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CabbageAngel on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:30 am

I'm here!! I'm actually currently attempting to get something up right now and would very much like to get a little character interaction in before shit hits the fan...

Before any of you make a comment about it - MY CABBAGES!

Take that.

CabbageAngel
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver Inspiration Arc Warden Storyteller

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:34 pm

Cabbage, I'd just like to say I really like your most recent post, for many reasons. It's cool that you showed Vic, a younger person, being interested in parahumans, when someone older like her Aunt isn't. Interesting dynamic that isn't always true, but definitely could be. Also how you handled her trigger event actually be traumatic and a thing that haunts her daily, is, again, exactly how it's supposed to be. Major kudos for that post.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CabbageAngel on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:43 pm

Wow, a compliment?! Thank you so very much, it's always nice to see that people are reading what you put out and liking it. I'll try to keep up the quality ^^'

CabbageAngel
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver Inspiration Arc Warden Storyteller

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Someone suggested I create a discord for the roleplay, so we can ask quick questions, talk to each other quicker, and let everyone know when a post/update is made. It's completely optional to join, but you could miss out on some OOC discussion if you don't. Either way, here's the link;

https://discord.gg/sWrpjn

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hopeiisms on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi, I just wondering if I could submit a character at some point during the next few days? I have her planned out, but I just wanted permission before I worked on a character sheet and such.

Hopeiisms
Member for 7 years
Friendly Beginnings Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!