Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Assassin's Pledge: Devastation”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: AP: Devastation General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryLime on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:59 am

Ah, I didn't really think about culture when I named my character Rosalind Huen Van' Hest. >> I just thought it sounded neat. Firm but also elegant. Should I consider changing her surname?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StrawberryLime
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:04 am

StrawberryLime wrote:Ah, I didn't really think about culture when I named my character Rosalind Huen Van' Hest. >> I just thought it sounded neat. Firm but also elegant. Should I consider changing her surname?

You're fine.

Those cultural things are just generalizations that are commonplace. They don't always happen. So your character's name doesn't have to change.
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:17 am

This rp looks very interesting. I have an idea for a character from Triveila that got bored with the lay about peaceful nature of her land and became a pirate. Only thing is if this rp is mostly land based I'm not sure now to fit a pirate in.
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:08 am

I have to say, this naming system is lot more intricate than I could have imagined. Colour me impressed. I doubt the street rats and such in Veilbrand would often possess particularly long and fancy names, though. =P

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrossKnight35 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:54 am

I've got a pic for my character ready: https://imgur.com/K4mIO9k

I'll work on her sheet tomorrow.
Last edited by CrossKnight35 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrossKnight35
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:22 am

Butterfly Effect wrote:This rp looks very interesting. I have an idea for a character from Triveila that got bored with the lay about peaceful nature of her land and became a pirate. Only thing is if this rp is mostly land based I'm not sure now to fit a pirate in.

The RP is entirely land based, taking place mostly inland in the nation of Cre' Est. There will be stints into the other nations here and there depending on what everyone wants to do, but there will be little to no seagoing adventures.

Sorry about that.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:23 pm

Hey guys!

Cultural Identity topic has been updated to provide some more cultural information about each nation! Check it out when you have time!

If you have questions, ask away! I'm an open book!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrossKnight35 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:16 pm

I do have a question!

It might be a bit early to ask, but since you presented the possibility in the prelude, I might as well ask, will it be mandatory for our characters to use the super serum?

Character sheet's 97% completed by the way, I just need to discuss some things with Templar before posting it.

CrossKnight35
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:40 pm

CrossKnight35 wrote:I do have a question!

It might be a bit early to ask, but since you presented the possibility in the prelude, I might as well ask, will it be mandatory for our characters to use the super serum?

Character sheet's 97% completed by the way, I just need to discuss some things with Templar before posting it.

It is not mandatory. You may opt out of it.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:27 pm

Also evidently something has changed since I have been away from this site!

... The chat is JUST FOR US NOW!!!

The chatroom used to be a universal public chatroom, but not anymore! Nice!!

WE MUST USE IT!!!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CabbageAngel on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:45 am

Ho... ly... shit.

THIS WAS MY FIRST ROLEPLAY.

OK well obviously not this one but one of Assassin's Pledge ones that suddenly stopped because other people gave up or something and oh I was so sad about it because it was so much fun but now after so many years I have found it again and AHHHHH I'm working on submitting a character right away! :D

Before any of you make a comment about it - MY CABBAGES!

Take that.

CabbageAngel
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver Inspiration Arc Warden Storyteller

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:22 am

CabbageAngel wrote:Ho... ly... shit.

THIS WAS MY FIRST ROLEPLAY.

OK well obviously not this one but one of Assassin's Pledge ones that suddenly stopped because other people gave up or something and oh I was so sad about it because it was so much fun but now after so many years I have found it again and AHHHHH I'm working on submitting a character right away! :D

I must be getting senile... I do not remember your username CabbageAngel. Sorry about that.

Were you really in the first Assassin's Pledge RP's I made?

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CabbageAngel on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:12 pm

Yup! Assassin's Pledge: Demon's Conquest. I was the idiot with an axe chained to him.

Also I highly doubt that you would remember my username... it was only until I clicked on the RP and saw "Cre' Est" that it came back to me.

CabbageAngel
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver Inspiration Arc Warden Storyteller

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Huh... Interesting.

Anyway, just so everyone knows what kind of schedule I'm on:

I work full time 40+ hours per week usually. I get home at around 7pm-7:15pm Pacific Standard Time. So most of the time I have is the early morning and evening to post until I have days off which aren't always weekends.

What kind of schedules are ya'll on?

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryLime on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:18 pm

I work full time also! That includes weekends. I typically have Mondays and Tuesdays off, and I work closing shifts so I'm not home until around 10pm Mountain Standard Time most days. (I live in the US)

Posting in the morning before work is hard for me because I'm not really a morning person, but I usually stay up for a few hours before I hit the hay so my posts will mostly be during the late-night.

Phew, now that Black Friday weekend is done with I can relax a bit! Weekend was a bit hectic for me~

Moving on, I had a quick question. What types of travel are available in this world? Is it by horse, carriages, ships, ect. or have their trains or other types of vehicles been invented? Also what type of currency is used?

StrawberryLime
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:33 pm

I see.

Currency is Gold, Silver, and Bronze coins. I'll get into the calculations in a minute.

Travel is on foot, horse, horse drawn carriage (you have to pay for that one), small raft (for rivers), boats (for larger rivers or the sea), and/or the use of other large mount-capable creatures.

Anyway, calculations for currency!

First is the correct terminology. Even though the currency is made of coins, they're called "Pieces". One Bronze Piece can be likened to $1 USD just for basic comparison.

* 1 Bronze Piece = $1
* 100 Bronze Pieces = 1 Silver Piece ($100 USD)
* 50 Silver Pieces = 1 Gold Piece ($5,000 USD)

That's it.
Last edited by KumoriRyuu on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:40 pm

Also if you guys have time do pop by the chat room and see if I'm online. If I am, say something there and I will likely respond in a few minutes and then we can converse in real time as opposed to waiting for posts to come back.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CabbageAngel on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:06 am

My schedule is woefully open at the moment.

I submitted two characters - they definitely need to be looked over because there are some things I'm pretty damn sure won't stand.

Because I'm lazy, one character is based on the guy I played before in one of these rps (but... less of a moron), and the other is my poor NPC that was ripped from my hands, paraded around in an out-of-character fashion before being killed off screen by the very same weapon she was so wary of. What? Bitter? Me? Haha...

Ottavia I promise I will return your honor. :'(

CabbageAngel
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:32 am

CabbageAngel wrote:My schedule is woefully open at the moment.

I submitted two characters - they definitely need to be looked over because there are some things I'm pretty damn sure won't stand.

Because I'm lazy, one character is based on the guy I played before in one of these rps (but... less of a moron), and the other is my poor NPC that was ripped from my hands, paraded around in an out-of-character fashion before being killed off screen by the very same weapon she was so wary of. What? Bitter? Me? Haha...

Ottavia I promise I will return your honor. :'(

They're both fine Caggabe. Lol.

I didn't see anything in either profile that would make me want to say "no".

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:37 am

As for CrossKnight, the profile is currently about 90% finished. But I need more from the biography section. The 7 sentence requirement is more of a request, but I'd like at least 5 sentences minimum in the bio to help flesh her out more before I accept the character.

If you need help coming up with material to put there, let me know and I'll help you out.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!