Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Grimm World

A Grimm World

a part of “A Grimm World”, a fictional universe by mombie.

(Closed to CS) A curse vanquished all fairy-tale creatures from their enchanted realm, and they were banished to Earth with no memory of what happened. These memories have begun to flood them, and they unlock powers and a mission to save a realm.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Grimm World”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A Grimm World

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:08 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "A Grimm World"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Re: A Grimm World

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:38 pm

Hello, party people! Welcome to my roleplay, as I am DETERMINED to have a successful one sometime this year.

Don't worry about who I may or may not play because I really don't know yet, but I don't need a terribly huge face or anything like that. I do have a plot. People that know me know that I prefer a less outlined style and I go with whatever the characters do. I am still strangely organized at the same time. It's weird. I am giving ONE lucky person the option of playing the memories of either the villain that cast the dark spell or the hero that did the counter spell.

Just give me a 250x250 (non-GIF) of your FC, all the info, and is they are hero/villain.

Read the rules, join the cast. I am not limiting characters at the moment. Be creative! Characters can be of any age range, and I don't particularly care if the gender matches the memory or not.

Just in case you're not a rule reader, make crazy relationships - maybe Snow White is dating the Evil Queen and they don't even know it until today. You know - fun stuff like that, or you know, maybe two characters have actually fallen in love with the right people... You know how I am about relations. Go crazy! The more drama, the better, I say.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpellBoundDead on Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:29 pm

Hey, mombie! I would like to reserve a character! I'm going to go for Mulan with Lauren Tsai as her faceclaim. She's a hero for now but I have plans for her that might switch that depending on perspective. Mei-Fa Manul is what her names gonna be, she's 21 and hex is #8F2822.

SpellBoundDead
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Promethean Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:52 pm

Reserved, friend! Feel free to use your own CS, but I am working on some CS for everyone to use. It will be here.... tomorrow if not tonight.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Funny Valentine on Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:33 am

@mombie: Okay, so I am here to reserve two roles, if I may.

I'd like to go for Aladdin with the face claim Avan Jogia, please. I think I'll make him a villain for this and his name will be Ahmad Nassar, he'll be 28 and his hex code will be #CD853F. If you feel as if he's too overused for Aladdin, I'll try to come up with another suitable face claim.

The second role I'd like to go for would be Cinderella with the face claim of Dove Cameron, please. She'll be a hero and her name will be Eliose Montgomery, she'll be 25 and her hex code will be #4682B4.

I hope I got all of the information that you needed. If you need anything else, please let me know. :)

Funny Valentine
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Conversationalist Tipworthy Author Greeter Promethean Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Group Theory Lifegiver Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:38 am

You are reserved, Funny Valentine. Glad to have you! I'll update the page for you.

I'm also not a huge stickler for FCs and whatnot. I typically have zero idea what I am doing when I choose my own. <.<

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Funny Valentine on Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:50 am

Yay! Thanks and glad to be here!

I seem to use the same face claims over and over again so... >.> yeah. :)

Funny Valentine
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Conversationalist Tipworthy Author Greeter Promethean Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Group Theory Lifegiver Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:39 am

Oh boy, I'm a sucker for these things.

I'd like to reserve The Evil Queen, you know the one. I wanna use Antje Traue as my fc, her name will be Nora Weiss, she'll be 28, obviously a villian. #41384E

I might come back with another character (or two), depending on if I manage to find an fc that sparks a creative flame in my heart, and assuming you don't mind it. You know me, one of those difficult types.

edit: of course, because im a BIG DUMMY, i forgot the hex. ammended.
Last edited by phosphene on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Things are only impossible until they're not.
tumblr | Pinterest

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:47 am

Reserved, nonconforming. Good to see you! Also, that's a pretty FC. Also, do you have a hex or are you waiting? I can wait for a hex. :)

As of now, I am not imposing a timeline on CS. Things are rough for everyone, and I am in the midst of stuff to include school and moving, so there's no need to rush people at the moment.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:53 am

i had a hex code, i just forgot to include it. i'm blaming mom brain on that one. i've edited it into my reservation lol.

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:18 am

Hey there! I'll be dropping a proper reservation when I have time and an idea of what FC's I want! But I do want to reserve two spots if that's okay?

So far I'll be reserving The Big Bad Wolf and the Cheshire Cat. But I'm currently not at home where I can drop a proper reservation, which I'll do when I get home!
Image Image
Image Image
"I don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable."

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:20 am

Hiya!

I'm putting this as a place holder as I work out details.

Currently, I'm having twin sisters who are the white and black swan princesses... I was wanting to do something a little different than the more stereotypical ones. So, I hope this is ok :)

I'll also take at least one male, but I'm trying to decide who I want that to be.

side note If this is mentioned in the rules and I already forgot, I apologize... are their personalities supposed to be reminiscent of the original characters. Sort of like in Once? I mean I kinda intended on that, unless you were wanting them to be vastly different than their fantasy counter part.

Also, just a reminder I will be on vacation next week. So I might be slow on CS.
Image Image
Image Image

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:40 am

Great question, mjolnir! I would say that their personalities can be as similar as you want them to be. They can also be subtle in nature if you so wish it to be. They can also be different, but perhaps the reason they were chosen lies in something deeper than just personality.

If any of that makes sense to you. Tldr, or however the kids use that, it's up to you!

Also, welcome Wolf! An no problems with reserving the fairy-tale before the FC. I know how picky some of you are about FCs. :p I mean that in a good way, of course.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby mombie on Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:02 am

I am just putting this here, but... I am reserving Flynn Rider and The Beast for myself in my own RP. I am so bad. I just don't have an FC yet.

*Sneaks out.*

Here is thine permanent Discord Link for if you have questions and stuff.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:01 pm

Alright! Official reservations coming in hot!

Image Image

Alexander Montgomery | Big Bad Wolf | 26 | Hero | Tyler Posey | #6789bf | Wolf's bane109

The stories always told of a Big Bad Wolf that went after children in the woods as a means of scaring of children into behaving and listening to their parents. But there was always one thing that these stories always got wrong, the Wolf was never the bad guy like he was always mistaken for. He knew of the dark truth, what would have happened if Little Red Riding Hood had gone there and met her grandmother. The tales were always twisted and bent, as who would ever believe a scary Wolf that tried to eat a little girl...?

Image Image

Lara Grossman | Cheshire Cat | 25 | Anti-Hero/Neutral | Hayley Williams | #03a36b | Wolf's bane109

The origins and true purpose of the Cheshire Cat had always been an air of mystery. Was the Cheshire Cat truly a friend to Alice, or were they secretly trying to work against the girl and send her purposefully off into doom? No one ever truly did know the goals and ambitions of the Cheshire Cat, as they were truly a wiley and mischevious individual. What other don't know is, the Cheshire Cat was actually working for both Alice and the Red Queen of Hearts, in ways. Feeding both information, whether it was true or not was yet to be seen, as they were a trickster of sorts. One of good nature, but a chaotic nature underneath was for certain. That much has been true.

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:29 pm

Ok. here are my official reservations :) I'll probably take on a male villain whenever I can make up my damn mind.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
x

x white swan princess
xxxxx or Queen lol, either is fine

x name x lorelei voigt
x age x twenty six
x role x hero
x fc x sophie turner
x hex x #B1AECB

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
x

x black swan princess
xxxxx or Queen lol, either is fine

x name x liesl voigt
x age x twenty six
x role x villain
x fc x sophie turner
x hex x #19244E

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
x

x robin hood
xxxxx

x name x grayson hughes
x age x thirty
x role x hero/anti-hero
x fc x garrett hedlund
x hex x #678773

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:15 pm

After I stick Wolf's characters in there (I totally didn't see the edited post for the FCs), I will be leaving only a few roles open. I think that it will probably be around twenty characters total before I close. So, if you know anyone that thinks this might be their jam - let them know before the spots close. I wasn't sure that I would get so much interest so fast. Of course, after the reservations close, players that have joined will be free to add characters as they please during or the story. I'm not limiting you guys. Do what you can handle.

We have 13 characters now, so I will let in seven more.

That said, feel free to make any NPCs that you'd like that work wherever in the town. I am not sure if this was clear or not, but the individuals in the cast are present in the town during this moment. It doesn't matter if they were born in Essex, moved there, just got there, whatever - but they are all in Essex somehow. They can work there in whatever capacity you choose as well.

Any questions with regards to character creation, please put them up in Discord. I am trying to keep an eye on it.

In terms of abilities/powers, please be creative but you know - observe the general rules of not being a complete god.

I am not rushing anyone with CS because I know a few of you and our lives are kind of crazy and I trust all of you to do what needs to be done. With the cast of characters that I see, I am actually getting a few ideas that I would like to sketch out as well. When I get around to it, I will probably start putting out a tentative start date.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Venuskyy on Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Hey there I wanted to put in my reservation right quick! I'm at work so ill have to update with hex and face claims
later. When I'm not using my phone haha.

But my first character is Marta Orsa age 28. She is the She-Bear from the fairytale by Giambattista Basile. She is a hero.. She is portrayed by Tashi Rodriguez and her Hex is #886C6C.

And then my second set of characters are from The Brothers Grimm story The Sparrow and The Dog.

The Sparrow is a Villain named Emiliano Blasco who is 43 years old. He is portrayed by Wilmer Valderrama and his Hex is #78886C.

And his adopted son The Dog will be a Villain that may turn hero later on. He will be 22 years old. His name is Alaric Blasco. He is portrayed by Tyler young and his Hex is #706C88.
Last edited by Venuskyy on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venuskyy
Member for 4 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Promethean Tipworthy Conversationalist World Builder Author Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:17 pm

:) I will reserve those spaces for you. No worries, and take your time. We all have tons of characters to chip away at!

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:32 pm

Sorry Mombie, don't hate me.

I'm switching Grayson's FC to Sebastian Stan

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!