Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Blood which Binds

Blood which Binds

a part of “Blood which Binds”, a fictional universe by Mela.

Two factions of vampires locked in eternal war. A coven from each forever bound by the blood spilled between them, thirst for revenge forging the chains. Many years have passed since this feud began, and now they meet again...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Blood which Binds”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Blood which Binds

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhiteTiger08 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:14 pm

Are we turning any of the pets? I was going to post for Alessa, then I thought maybe while she was consoling her, she could offer her the idea of changing? It's totally up to Mela and Korrye, but I just thought I would post the idea.

And Little Fox, is Adonis looking to change? :)
"Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WhiteTiger08
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:39 pm

I know that Eva would want it. It would give her the freedom she wants from how weak she is. But Mels said before that Derek wouldn't be that open to the suggestion.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Korrye
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mela on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:17 am

Well, she can't actually offer Eva anything of the sort, until the coven's voted. Turning a pet demands a majority of yes'es in the coven, which currently means that either Derek or Angel need to be okay with turning her too.

Now, I know Angel wouldn't want to keep Eva around forever. xD As for Derek, he'll need a shitload of convincing, because right now he's enjoying her blood quite a bit, and since she'd be a very new vampire, he knows she wouldn't do any good in a battle situation against the Fallen.
Life consists of choices. If you wish to change your life, all you have to do, is choose to.
A true writer is an artist, but instead of paint and a canvas, he is given a string of letters and a piece of paper.

Mela
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:23 am

Gah! My subscriptions notification is shit >:o

To answer your question, Tiger: With the absence of both Isaac and Annie, Adonis is soon to be feeling practically useless. Angel wouldn't touch his blood if he were the last human on earth (possibly exaggerating, haha), Nicholas/Derek seems far too content with Eva's blood to switch over to Adonis for any reason other than Eva's absence, and Alessa fears she'd kill him. He's going to start thinking soon that everyone's going to be like "So...Why the fuck is he still even here?" Unless of course, one of the new Coven members (Hoping the CSs are looking okay) decides "Oh! He smells yummy!". But, he also feels useless because of how Alessa spoils him and how he really can't give her anything in return. So, he'd definitely be willing to Change, and it might possibly change his attitude to a tad bit of a better one. He'd still be a jackass. Its his thing. But with a bit more respect.

And Angel would probably do her best to make sure Eva Falls if she is ever Changed. Or get her killed with the excuse of "I overestimated my strength".

Now that you do mention it, that sounds like a rather fun scene to write out.

Alessa: Hey. guys! Great idea. Let's change Eva.
Derek: ....Even better idea. Let's not.
Angel: No. Let's. And when she Falls or goes bat shit crazy, I call dibs on killing her.
Adonis: I can't feed all of you bitches.

Though, I imagine it would be a bit more eloquent than that, lol.
◎!Check it out!◎
◎My Interest Check◎
“All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland.”
― Jimi Hendrix

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Wed May 01, 2013 11:17 am

Poor Eva. She's so stuck in limbo. I'm surprise to see this animosity come from Angel now too. ><

Korrye
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Wed May 01, 2013 2:35 pm

Angel sort of likes Eva. She just thinks Eva is stupid for hanging around. This is Angel's exact way of looking at it: “So. Let's say that by the will of some cruel deity that he actually does fall as retardedly in love with you as you are with him. You have very few options and a handful of sacrifices to make. Let's see. We could change you - But what good to us is a Vampire so new? Especially one who knows nothing of fighting or strategy? Especially one who's so lovesick that I'm surprised her pupils have not forced themselves into the shape of hearts when he is around. And what good to us is a Protector who's as lovesick as you? How is he to protect us when he puts his mate's safety over everyone else's as I'm sure you would do the same. Onto feeding. Simply said, can you handle that? Could you not Fall? Think of that for a moment.

Now. If you were to remain human, which is the most likely case - You'd be nothing but a weakness. We can literally smell the love and lust that you have for him every time you are put in the same room as he. If any of our enemies were to find out, you're far too weak to prevent them from doing anything to harm you. To use you as leverage. You will get someone here killed over your love. Now, onto what happens when you die. Are you willing to put him through that sort of pain? Are you hoping that he would take his life when yours is snuffed out? Are you that selfish?

Now, onto sacrifices. Children. Whether you are human or vampire, you will never carry his child. As a Vampire, you will never carry anyone's child. Even now, you've given up any chance to go out and make something of yourself. You'll never be a famous designer. You gave up a career opportunity that many people would kill for like it was nothing. You wasted a skill that was God-given for a man that you didn't even know.

Let's say that he didn't choose you. Let's say he was actually as smart as we all think he is and he chose someone who actually knows him, that he knows, that is suited for this lifestyle, and is suited for him. You are far from suited for this lifestyle. You've not seen enough of it to even think that you're suited for it. You really don't know him as well as you might think you do. If you claim that you do, that will actually get a dry laugh out of me. Really. Now. Let's say that he actually chooses what is best not just for him, but for the Coven. Which is obviously not you. What will you do then? I've seen the way your generation and the generation coming up behind yours when put to such stress as not getting the love that they want. Are you really going to commit suicide because you didn't get a guy that never even wanted to love you in the first place? And let's say you get angry. I dare you to get angry and so much as threaten to tell anyone about us. I will kill you personally. And I will not be gentle. And it will be slow. Please keep in mind that you are fucking with the only family that I have right about now.

He cares about you, Eva. Really, he does. We all do. Me, a little less than everyone else put together. But still. We care. Do us all a favor and move on before someone ends up dead. You have no idea how much danger you're putting us all in.”

The main reason of Angel's agitation though, is that she's not just been thinking of the multiple possible futures for Eva, but she's also been growing increasingly worried of "What if he actually does fall for her?" She sees Eva as potentially ruining everything that she's ever worked for over the past eight centuries and she doesn't want to piss off Nicholas/Derek by killing Eva, but she ultimately would if he did choose Eva over her. Her philosophy on suicide is "Why kill yourself when you can kill your problem?" The way she sees it working out is yeah, he'd be pissed off at her, but he'd eventually get over it after she explains that she simply got rid of a problem before it got worse.

So we can all safely assume that it is something quite personal XD

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Thu May 02, 2013 1:18 am

Hi Mels and Everyone,

I sort of stumbled upon this thread by accident, but out of curiosity and the sudden influx of time on my hands that comes with finishing finals, I hung around and read up. The roleplays I’m currently involved with have been stalled up for a while now, and I get a bit restless if I don’t get a chance to do any creative writing every couple days, so I’ve been looking for another story to sink my teeth into if you’ll pardon the pun. I think the story that you have here so far is very interesting, and I really appreciate the detail incorporated into everything I’ve seen so far. I noticed that the “Milo” and "Emily" characters were labeled as open, and if you don’t mind, I’d like to give them a try if that’s still the case. I’m also open to creating other human characters as well for the story, as I find it helps creatively to play multiple characters that foil each other, and you listed a preference for this as well. Hope to be able to write with you all soon.

~Koh

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mela on Thu May 02, 2013 5:51 pm

@Koha: Darling, you are ever so welcome to him. =D I'm sorry I only just got back to you on it - life's hectic right about now.

@White: Lol. You do know Derek doesn't actually love Eva, right? And that Angel is very much in love with Derek? I don't even know what kind of bullshit Alessa just spewed. O.o

Mela
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhiteTiger08 on Thu May 02, 2013 6:39 pm

Oh. Well then that changes things up. I'm so sorry. I'll change that.

EDIT: I've changed it. Again, I'm sorry. I had no idea how out of the loop I was with the 'lovey-dovey' stuff. :)

WhiteTiger08
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Thu May 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Cool beans. I'll get some profiles submitted to you and you can tell me what you think. I'm currently trying to catch up and get the gist of what's going on right now, as well as aquatint myself with all the characters. Am I correct in assuming that a few of the character (Issac, Roxy, and Kaleigh) have died? That's just what appears to be the case in the intro.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Thu May 02, 2013 9:31 pm

I understand Little Fox to a degree. I would think Eva was a little idiotic for becoming a blood slave to a vampire coven because she's fallen head over heels for a man without thinking twice. But I don't understand why she wants her dead so suddenly and I feel like you developed this on your own when you started to change Angel's character, and you didn't talk to me at all about it. I know that Angel is jealous to a degree, but given that she's known Derek for centuries, she should know when he's being accommodating and friendly versus in love. It's completely unrequited which is awful, but Eva is realizing this to a degree and the blinders are coming off with this blood bath and his reaction to Angel's fit. She's getting everything she wants while Eva is having everything ripped away. Having a death sentence put over her head by you makes me feel like her fate is completely out of my hands now as well, which makes writing for her very difficult.

Korrye
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Thu May 02, 2013 11:30 pm

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't want anyone to think (IC or OOC) that Angel would kill Eva just because. Like I said, Angel does somewhat enjoy her company and cannot deny that the girl has talent, but she is somewhat worried that Derek might actually choose Eva over her - She's doesn't exactly have an ego. She is extremely sensitive of her appearance and is terrified that she'll never be capable of being intimate with men. The way she sees it is that Eva can give Derek the intimacy that Angel is unsure she can even fathom.

But, if Eva actually proved that she wasn't a liability or sat down and had a "Girl Talk" with Angel and they settled it like women, Angel would be less inclined to act like a child. Angel's worried about a number of things; What if they actually get into a relationship and its not what she expected or she gets tired of it and she runs? What if we turn her and she Falls? What if he doesn't choose her and just outright says he doesn't love her and she runs for it? What if nothing ever happens between them, Eva gives up, sees no reason to be here, and runs for it? Angel is always about the "What ifs?"

And its not like Angel wants to kill her every time she sees her - Its just right now while she's still on the rush from the fight. She'll calm down and return to her usual, strange self after they move. I don't plan on or even imagine her to be openly hostile to Eva any time in the near future, maybe a bit more distant, as her little euphoria vision has freaked her out and given her more food for thought. But, then again, she'll be distancing herself from everyone after that.

Only when Eva becomes a legitimate potential threat will Angel actually become hostile. Yeah, she does think Eva's stupid for being there, but she doesn't hate her guts or anything. Just a case of jealousy, lol. Which, honestly, I don't see happening in the near future or even at all, possibly. Hope that explained everything a bit better and cleared everything up ^^;

I actually wanted to talk to everyone about one of my posts in the near future, while I'm online x.x

Angel's CS mentions that she adores canines.

Problem is that she has no canines and now with two of her best friends gone, a girl needs man's best friend. I had a post in mind where she returns home with a box full of puppies that she refuses to tell anyone where any single one of them came from. Instead, she hands out a puppy to everyone before going to her room with the rest.

No idea why. I was sitting here, rereading everything, and suddenly the scene just unfolded in my head.

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mela on Fri May 03, 2013 2:09 am

@Koha: Yep, that's exactly right. ^^ All the characters crossed over in the intro, are dead now. Mostly because the writers poofed. XD Anehways, I should also add that the new characters are new to the covens too, so until I do a time-skip, he's not going to be there. The time-skip's going to be very soon though, and you can always pm me if there's anything you need to know. =)

Mela
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Sat May 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Helena wrote: One had to look presentable to confer with a man by his piano. Yes, yes, of course.

Made me choke on my Jolly Rancher. Priceless.

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhiteTiger08 on Mon May 13, 2013 5:28 pm

I was going to wait for Little Fox's post. Should I post anyway?

WhiteTiger08
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mela on Tue May 14, 2013 7:23 am

Hmm, well, Fox told me her post was going to be a little late, so if you want to post, I think you should. I don't know when she'll get around to it, honestly. O.o

Mela
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Mon May 20, 2013 10:29 pm

Little Fox sent me an IM saying that she should be able to post by the weekend hopefully. She apologizes for the delay.

Korrye
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:33 pm

Is the time skip to happen soon? I don't want this to die ):
Sorry I haven't posted for Dmitri - I only have my husband's iPhone to post from ><

Vix
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mela on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:43 am

I dunno. Right now I'm a little busy with... everything. We'll see what happens once my exams are over. =)

Mela
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:14 am

-prods with a stick- Is this still alive?

Vix
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!