Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

On The Run [open to new player]

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: On The Run [open to new player]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:14 am

Lucas nodded slowly relaxing a little as Annika stroked his hair, he mumbled to himself softly his fingers playing with each other he watched as a nurse approached the pair holding a menu " Would you like to choose something for lunch Lucas?" She handed him the menu but Lucas glanced at the pictures, he didn't know what he wanted for lunch. Soup could be dangerous, the salad could have horrible stuff in it. Shaking his head he handed the menu back "No Thankyou" the nurse nodded "Okay Lucas, would you like some water and crackers as a snack then if your not feeling that hungry. I'm sorry but you will have to leave soon since we are serving lunch momentarily" she explained to Annika.
I love roleplaying, making new friends, 1x1 I love as well. I enjoy playing interesting character and I feel that communication is important as well. We can discuss ideas and get to know one an other.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:38 am

She looks up, her eyes wide, and frowns.
"Why?"
She looks down at Lucas, suddenly defensive. She keeps her hand on his shoulder, but her grip tightens slightly.
"What if he doesn't want me to leave?"
Her voice comes out louder than she'd expected. She clenches her jaw, glancing round the room fitfully. She bites her lip.
"I mean-- I don't want to go. Not yet..."
If anyone fancies some 1x1, just drop me a message!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FantasyWreck
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:26 am

The nurse smiled softly "I'm afraid because we are serving lunch soon and we can't have anyone who is not a patient of a member of staff. And visiting hours will be over in 20 minutes you can come and see your brother tomorow" she explained. " your snacks will be in your room Lucas, I'll take you up when your sister leaves" she smiled and walked off.

Lucas fiddled with his hands watching the nurse as she walked off.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:34 am

Annika bites her lip and glances down at her brother.
"Will you be alright? If I go?"
She strokes his hair gently, smiling down at him. She doesn't want to leave him. But she can't disobey the doctors.
"I'll come back. With some nice things for you..."

FantasyWreck
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:57 pm

Lucas nodded quickly "I'll be fine, I'll see you tomorow right?" He asked as he stood up and walked over to the nurse," can you take me back to my room please? My sister is leaving now.." He trailed off fiddling with his hands. The nurse nodded " sure c'mon sweetie" she took his hand and lead him away.

As he got back to the room he started to inspect all the changes his bed was made, there were pijamas on the bed too. He began to scour the room for anything eventually he sat on the floor rocking back and forth. He did want Annika to stay, but he hated seeing her upset because of him being in here. This was a safe place.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:10 pm

She gets up, brushing herself off. She leaves feeling strangely numb. He didn't need her any more. While she knows she should feel happy about this, part of her is sad. In fact, a lot of her is sad. She didn't know a Lucas who'd walk off on his own without her. She takes a seat briefly in the lobby, just to clench her jaw and try and stop her eyes watering. What did she do now?

FantasyWreck
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:51 pm

Lucas stayed sitting on the floor for hours, his mind slowly slipping away. He completely ignored the nurse who brought him in some crackers and an apple. He continued to rock back and forth his fingers scratching at his hands leaving little droplets of blood on his fingers.

He did know what he was thinking, he really didn't his head was pounding, he decided it was the pills he wasn't going to take them any more, he managed to think of a plan. He ate one of his crackers slowly the taste wasn't as salty as he liked but it wasn't bad, he kept a small corner of the cracker aside and slipped it into his pocket.

When the time finally came for his pill after forcing down a sandwich which he had taken apart to inspect everything, he pulled out the spare cracker concealing it in his hand, he slipped the cracker into his mouth and crunched it quickly making a face like the pill tasted sour. Taking a drink of water he showed the nurse who was pretty much happy.

Now he couldn't sleep, he was safe now. No more of those pills making him fall asleep and tell the truth he was going to be quiet just like Annika said. He mumbled to himself still scratching his hands and arms, he paced for hours and the all to familiar feeling of danger grew in his mind. Someone was here, and they were going to hurt him.

He moaned loudly and began to search the room he tore the sheets from the bed and emptied out the wardrobe. Nothing was there, but there was something there something that everyone else couldn't see. He pulled at his hair twisting it this way and that. " gotta get out...get out....have to...not safe here..." He mumbled as he grabbed the door handle and left the room. He kept his hands on his ears and walked slowly down the dark corridor. Mumbling softly, he could hear other people snoring and crying in there sleep. Or were they was he actually here. Where was here? He moaned softly and scratched his head furiously as well as digging his nails into his arms which were dripping slowly with blood. He began to pace back and forth he didn't know where he was and it was so scary.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:54 am

The nurse at the end of the corridor notices Lucas and stands up.
"You alright, hun?"
She approaches him cautiously, smiling gently. She's already reaching for her walkie-talkie after noticing the blood on his arms.
"Do you need some help, Lucas?"
He shouldn't be up and about at this time of night. The pills should have helped with that...

FantasyWreck
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby noctemys on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:03 am

((Can I join this? Or is it too late?))
"We either follow our purpose in life, or make one for ourselves."

noctemys
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Streamwatcher Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:02 pm

Lucas jumped in surprise at the sound of a voice, a voice different to his head anyway. He nodded quickly still scratching at his arm he cried out as he saw the nurse, his hands went to his head he watched her grab the Walkie-talkie she was going to call somebody.

"No! Don't call no one, I'm fine....I don't know where I am....I don't need help...I need..neeeeeeed to get out. I can't stay here....." He pulled on his hair sharply pacing back and forth he cried out again scratching at his arms " don't call anyone....don't.....don't...they'll come and they'll....find me...you could be working for them.....this is a game isn't it?....a game to hurt me?" He titled his head and suddenly picked up a chair raising it as if he was going to throw it. " oohhhh!!! My head...." He moaned slamming the chair on the floor. He cried out again and scratched even harder at his skin, the blood pooling out in between his fingers and dribbling onto the floor. " you all in my head....I'm still there....stuck in the dark..." He kicked over the chair and slammed down the table with a loud crash.

"Have to get out..." He mumbled as he began pacing again.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyWreck on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:19 am

((@Himekura, you'd have to ask the TheSpaceInBetween but I'm totally up for another character! ^_^))

The nurse, very gently, goes over to him and folds his arms up, restraining him as best she can.
"Alright, Lucas. Hold still. You're alright."
She speaks into her walkie-talkie, calling for another nurse and Dr Shriver.
"Lucas? Lucas, can you hear me? Can you talk to me?"
She speaks gently, but holds him firmly. He was in a bad place at the moment.

FantasyWreck
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby noctemys on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:00 pm

Dante L. Reddington

It was just one of those days, when everything and everyone held no meaning, no significance. When voices rose and fell like tidal waves, words meaning nothing, words that fell into darkness. Patients in pale blue robes and sweats, others in varied clothing brought in by family members passing by, some rushing, others dragging feet in shoes with no laces, others in slippers dancing to music only they could hear. Across from him a girl was glaring at her stuffed bear. She tore off its floppy ear with her teeth and spat out fluff. Another kid sitting on the couch with his feet curled into him, he always sat that way no matter if it be a chair, or mat, or in the lunch room when he ate. Maybe he thought the empty space beneath him will give way. Or maybe that's just habit. Everyone has one.

At times the habit can evolve into OCD or addiction. Least that's what he thought what habits become. Nothing was safe, any little thing could just latch into your head, like a hook, and if you let it sink in, it'll pull you up and away. Such was the case with him. He'd allowed his anger and frustrations to get the best of him. Allowed his own craptastic habits to fog his view of what was important. Of course his walnut as the doctors would say, had some psychological issues, just a damned excuse to make him take pills that knocked him out for hours. Maybe that's why he felt so detatched from the walls that surrounded him. From the other kids that were lucid enough to notice, say hi. From the nurses and orderlies that stood looking in through windows, scribbling their observations into papers that would determine his freedom. His "watcher" a woman named Mily with huge eyes and an even huger smile always kept him within ber sight. Like a friggin hawk. She was a shadow that constantly followed him.

The bandages winding his wrists itched like hell, but he ignored them. She'd only rush in asking if he was in pain, then make him take a pain pill. Or call Dr. Shriver to "talk". The thing is, talking didn't help. It never helped at home. It never helped at school. Why would it help now? Standing up, bored with checkers he played alone, he left the room, and right behind him followed his little duckling.

"Dr Shriver please come to Ward C, East Wing." A mechanical voice announced over the PA. Dante glanced back and stared, but Milly shook her head.

"Not for you Reddington, you know Dr Shriver has other patients right?" She used a soothing, calm voice, speaking over her words nice and slow. He wasn't an idiot, he just had some baggage to deal with. Since he didn't speak, she must have thought he was.

Nodding he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his robes, kept walking, old chucks threaded with strips of his shirt barely lifting from the polished, white floor. Down the lengthy corridor, passed rooms with other nurses standing outside looking in. Some doors with no watchers closed, he could glimpse inside the little windows to see other kids doing whatever, but he didn't care to. What for? What they did or didn't do wouldn't surprise him the least. Sure maybe spook him, he'd seen kids go from normal to running into walls 'till their faces bled. Others scream at empty spaces, at beings only they could see and hear. All the more why adults controlled where they migrated, where they slept, when they ate, and if they didn't join a group, something was obviously wrong. They were all in a prison, everydoor had a lock, every nurse and staff had a key.

Maybe he was projecting too much negitivity into his surroundings, things after all could be worse. Much worse.

noctemys
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Streamwatcher Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Arc Warden

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!