Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Age of Gifted

The Gifteds

a part of “The Age of Gifted”, a fictional universe by Miss Echo.

The world has devolved into chaos, driven by two main superpowers. Small groups survive away from their control, while others work under them. Where do you stand?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Age of Gifted”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Gifteds

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:38 am

Haha, yeah. We've had this Roleplay up for a while, and during that time we ended up growing really attached and stuff to the canon. Thank you for actually taking the time to read the history, though! I'm really grateful, especially considering how much time has gone into it. :3
Hopefully you'll grow attached, too! A lot of our current vets went through the same intimidation when joining, so don't worry. We're here to help~
Soon we'll televise our
C O L O R

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:20 am

So, I did some light reading into everything that happened before (Because as I am sure you understand, its really long), and now I feel like my character might be a little underpowered. But then again, I just get that feeling around people who can do things like create pocket dimensions. :3

Anyways, still cant wait to start this!

Also, its okay to create significant (Not like, Councilor serious, but more like Knight Captains and Head Researchers and what not) NPCs when needs be, right? (Cause obviously there are a bunch of throwaway standard NPCs, like Guards and Civilians and what not....or, are guards usually robots?)

Edit: Sorry, more questions before we start.

Also, will you be adding our characters to this list?

So, this idea just occurred to me, can we new people mention things that happened in the past that involved major events, like an attack or a battle or a secret project?

Was each and every person on this list a player character, or were some NPCs? I just wanna know if any can be used without fear of being yelled at.

After reading a good portion of all this info, I am getting A LOT of ideas. :3

Anyways, I think I covered everything.......I think. Meh, I can just ask the other questions later.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OperaEagleIcelyn?! on Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:41 pm

I would be honored to join a community where there is enough content to be made into 2 books, the canon is groundwork, and fans can contribute! Roleplaying is truly one of a kind.
Would you check my character and approve if you want to? I feel like she is overpowered for your standards. Keep in mind she hates her Gift and uses it as little as possible, at least when she's sane. And even insane, she knows who not to use it on, the people she likes, so no danger there. I'll try not to kill off anyone who does'nt want to be killed off, but if someone has to die, I'll go for it to sate my insane side's bloodlust. I tried to keep some details ot of my profile that would just make it longer, so you can message me about them if you want.

OperaEagleIcelyn?!
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ianna_334 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi! I'm Anna, and I'm one of the people transferring over along with the RP

You might want to give a heads up before creating a "significant" NPC, but it's definitely allowed, although we generally use NPCs just for characters that are meant to be easily killed off
And no, guards are Gifted themselves, because robots can't have powers, but the guards are often aided by a lot of technology. And yes, every character in the list is a player character, though a few might have been dropped by the authors. Because there are several of us and these profiles take a while, we put the list up so people would kinda have a grasp on the roles already taken (because the female Defense Councillor Blue ended up as someone's grandfather before we put it there). No, you won't be added to the page, as it is there for reference until everyone who is moving over to gateway has finished adding their characters, and then that link will be removed.

As for mentioning battles and projects... Don't have your character knowing about secret moments or private battles where no one else was present. Because this is a war, there have been lots of fights and you can mention them as part of character history. However, anything significant must be cleared with the GM.

@Opera
So, I went to your page and looked at the profile. Before we start going through the potential issues a power like that would cause...can you format it properly? There's a copy-paste code on the front page.

ianna_334
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Giver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OperaEagleIcelyn?! on Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:09 pm

Oh! I totally didn't know that! I'm sorry, I'm new to this whole thing... I shall do that right away, ma'am. *salutes*

OperaEagleIcelyn?!
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:46 pm

Don't worry, Opera; everyone starts out new. But yeah, if you could please put your character page in the proper formatting provided, we'd be very grateful. :3 There's also a few matters I'd like to ask about, although that could be over PM if you'd like.

@Perks: Anna answered a lot of your questions for me, haha. Don't worry about your character being underpowered or anything; every character is dangerous in their own right, but those with less raw power get to be more creative about how they're dangerous. Or, at least, that is the logic I tend to follow. ^^;

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OperaEagleIcelyn?! on Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:56 pm

I abandoned my old one and submitted the new. So that should be good, now you can bombard me with questions! Yay! I'm so excited!

OperaEagleIcelyn?!
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:15 pm

I went ahead and PMed you! :3

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OperaEagleIcelyn?! on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:51 pm

Thank you!
I just have a question. How will I know where the rp has been transfered and where it's starting up again?

OperaEagleIcelyn?!
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:56 pm

Oh, no, we're not moving from here. We're moving here from somewhere else, haha. Basically, the old site we were on was very buggy and had many problems, so we decided to pack up and move here, where it's better. :3
Also, check your inbox~
Last edited by Miss Echo on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:56 pm

*got rid of accidental double post*

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ErinBlueAuttenberg on Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:55 pm

Hello, Miss or Mr Echo! I just submitted a character (Erin Auttenberg.) I didn't know I had to ask permission before, but it is okay?

ErinBlueAuttenberg
Member for 8 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:01 pm

Yeah, sure, it's fine! I'm going to go ahead and PM you with a few questions, if that's alright. I'm just curious about a few things, and want to make sure you meld with the canon a bit easier. :3

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:41 pm

Okay Miss Echo, I am sorry but I am going to have to back off. >.< I have too many things going on and am currently setting up for a long planned rp that I will be posting at the end of the week. I will not be able to take on another rp with my load. Gomenasai! >.<
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:25 pm

Oh, it's fine, don't worry. :3
Good luck with your roleplay(s)!

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:56 pm

Thank you. :3 I look forward to see you around the boards. ^^ Hopefully our other one starts picking up as well, ne? Good luck everyone and have fun!

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:37 pm

As I'm applying to join the roleplaying I'd just like to bid my greetings to you all. Having come from your players wanted thread it seemed like good fun and after reading through your rp's history it looks like an entertaining world to explore and expand upon.

With that said, a warm welcome from us at Roleplaygateway to all comers.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:24 pm

*glares at Zalgo meanacingly*

Hey there!

LookingAtPerks
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:44 am

Hey there Perks. Good to see you here too. I've read up on you're character. Another scavenger out afield.

I do say should our characters meet the interaction would be most interesting.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ianna_334 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Hey guys! Posted to kick things off in Erubesco, and then thought I should explain a bit about the ball.
The ball is a plot that was planned even before we decided to move. It's a big thing in Erubesco, since this is the chance to show off all the celebrities and get together and gossip. Invitations are coveted, but only for the elite (though most are allowed a plus one). It'll also be heavily televised. Liberty is planning to infiltrate the ball with a small team of agents.
Feel free to use the ball the strike up a conversation with another character :P

ianna_334
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Giver Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!