Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

What are the rules about one x one roleplays?

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

What are the rules about one x one roleplays?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vanillatwilightx on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:37 am

Yeah, okay, I'm new here, and just glancing around at the home page, I was under the impression that ALL roleplays were acceptable. Under further investigation, however, it looks like maybe one x one's aren't okay? Or that they have a special place to be posted that isn't the Roleplayers Wanted thread (if so, that makes NO sense, personally)?

Just help me to understand how this works, so I'm not intentionally breaking the rules-- the only reason I came here was to look for one x one partners, and if that's unacceptable, I would like to know before I waste mine and everyone's time.

Thank you very much for any and all responses.
http://www.freewebs.com/frozenxdaiquiri

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

vanillatwilightx
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: What are the rules about one x one roleplays?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Sorry about the mess.

Here's how it went down: About June of last year, there was an experiment to see how people would react to a Private RP forum specifically for one x ones and that sort of stuff. You can still find a section for private RPs (those that do not have public signups) under the Uncategorized section, as there's hardly any telling what genre they're going to be. I think the problem was that too many people went for the relationship aspect of such RPs and some might have gone a bit too far, prompting the announcement "Regarding sexualized role-plays" (which is just what the name implies).

Anyway, welcome to RolePlayGateway. Don't mind the word counter below the window where you post your reply: We do have a chat (and a lovely one to boot), but it's not mandatory for such short posts.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:31 pm

As qb said, we had a period where we had a sub-section specifically for it, due to the number of threads being made for it. After a period of time we decided that due to the nature of the content which was becoming questionable, we shut it down and made a ruling.

1x1 Roleplays are still allowed as long as they follow guidelines, this includes both the OOC and IC posts relating to it which can be found here, hope that helps clarify. ^^

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vanillatwilightx on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:21 am

Mkay, thank you both. Hopefully I'm not being completely dense, but I'm still a little bit confused. Maybe that's just because I don't really know my way around here? I don't know.

I visited the Uncatagorized section, and I found the Private Roleplay section. Okay, so far, so good.
Most everything there that I saw there was stuff like, "I want to do this specific genre, who wants to roleplay it with me?" Or, "Private roleplay between me and so-and-so." That's not exactly what I'm wanting. (By the way, I'm really sorry if this isn't making any sense. I really feel quite stupid, but I guess this is the only way to learn how this place works. ><)

What I'm trying to say, I guess, is have either of you ever been on the roleplaying boards on Neopets? Where people post their rules, limits, and genres they like, usually in the form of a freewebs.com site? Because that's what I'm used to, and that's what I was hoping I would be able to do here, just throw down a list of what I want and have people contact me about it...

vanillatwilightx
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wishiwuzhizdreamgirl on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:43 am

i think i love you because you talked about neopets <333

and i was also confused about this as well, it doesnt seem fair that one on ones arent allowed in certain forums. its an rp it belongs to someone it doesnt seem fair that we are told we cant do an rp with someone....maybe im dense too...i dont get it either lol
Live each day as if its your last, never regret your mistakes just learn from them

wishiwuzhizdreamgirl
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:50 am

Your misunderstanding.

1x1 are allowed, OOC threads for them go in the OOC boards, IC threads go in the relavent area, ergo if they are fantasy, the fantasy IC and so forth. The threads however need to follow the above linked rules (Such as proper names, content, etc.)

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wishiwuzhizdreamgirl on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:52 am

ah much better :) why didnt you say so before!!! thank you good sir

wishiwuzhizdreamgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wishiwuzhizdreamgirl on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:53 am

ah much better :) why didnt you say so before!!! thank you good sir maam

wishiwuzhizdreamgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vanillatwilightx on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:56 am

Oh, I think I get it! xD
Haha, thanks so much. Sorry if I seemed stupid. Just trying to figure this complicated place out.

And, wishiwuzhizdreamgirl: oh, neopets... what a place. xD

vanillatwilightx
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalSin on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:57 am

ilyxxduh wrote:What I'm trying to say, I guess, is have either of you ever been on the roleplaying boards on Neopets? Where people post their rules, limits, and genres they like, usually in the form of a freewebs.com site? Because that's what I'm used to, and that's what I was hoping I would be able to do here, just throw down a list of what I want and have people contact me about it...

The place you're looking for is the Roleplayers Wanted sub-forum in the Out of Character Forum. There you can post what you're looking for, what genre you want, what your limits are and all of that fun stuff. Everything you mentioned. If someone is interested they will respond accordingly.

This link should take you directly to it -
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplayers-wanted-f163.html

The Private Roleplay section you found is locked. Which means you cannot create a new thread in there anymore. Therefore, if you've found a partner and want to roleplay a onexone in the forums you need to first find the correct forum for the genre you are playing (Fantasy, Fiction, etc). Once you've found the right place to post it, make sure that your title is not 'Private roleplay between so and so', but instead that it has a proper title. After that you can post as normal. There's nothing else to it.

Edit: Basically what Alvaron said.

ImmortalSin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vanillatwilightx on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:11 am

ImmortalSin wrote:
The place you're looking for is the Roleplayers Wanted sub-forum in the Out of Character Forum. There you can post what you're looking for, what genre you want, what your limits are and all of that fun stuff. Everything you mentioned. If someone is interested they will respond accordingly.

This link should take you directly to it -
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplayers-wanted-f163.html

If that link is where I should be posting my one on one searches, then why are almost all the current ones there locked and ending with posts from mods? I have one posted there, yeah, but looking through and seeing all the locked topics was what made me think that wasn't the right place after all.

vanillatwilightx
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:17 am

^ Place 1x1 ads properly done as OOC in the OOC board, as I stated in a sticky, RPers Wanted is currently being misused for the aforementioned. It should ONLY be used to advertise existing RP.

Ily, the locks are because they dont follow the guidelines I mentioned.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalSin on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:22 am

I just logged out to double-check that it was leading you to the right place. It is. :)

They're moved/locked because of what Alvaron said. People were creating OOC threads in there, rather than placing them in the OOC forum where they belong.

ImmortalSin
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!