Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

WOAH DANG.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

WOAH DANG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DAMN!toasty on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:07 pm

OH HEY.
My name is Kristin, but you can call me Toasty, because everyone who's cool does. Duh. ;D

I'm seventeen and a junior. I've been RPing for about eight years(off and on) and so....yeah. Um, not sure what to say about myself. I like almost every genre of music. I am a text-aholic. I AM SO DANG SECKSEE jk I'm a loser. But it's cool because I'm friendly. So yeah. Hey.
THOU SHALT NOT
BURN THE TOAST

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DAMN!toasty
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: WOAH DANG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamalot106 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:10 pm

TOASTY! WHAT'S UP MY LOVER?!?!?!?! So great to see you actually joined!!! :D I'm telling ya, you're going to love this place!!! :D Add me as a friend, I'll introduce you to some already amazing, just starting up RPs which you'll enjoy, and we can even 1x1 if you want! :)
Jesus died for our Sins,
and American soldiers
Die for our Freedom.
Thank you for your service. We salute you proudly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dreamalot106
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DAMN!toasty on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:11 pm

DAMN STRAIGHT WE WILL. And oh hey, I LOVE YOU. ;D

DAMN!toasty
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamalot106 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Oh, and yes, yes you are SECKSEE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :P I <3 you!!!!!!

Dreamalot106
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:22 pm

Hey there, Toasty! Welcome to RolePlayGateway! I'm Music.

Ah, dang, Dreamalot! You beat us all to post a welcome. D: Well, I'm glad you two know each other; if you get lost, it's a lot safer to be lost together than by yourself!

Anyway, enjoy your time here and PM me or any other staff member (colorful names) for help or advice! Here are some useful links, and then a tip for what to do about the chat button at the top of the screen.

RPG Rules Only five of 'em!
Help Just in case there's a problem that you need some assistance with. Another solution: PM a staff member.
Newbie Guide to RPG Read this for all the little details about RPing on this site.
Beginners Guide to Chat Extremely useful.
Role Play Academy To help you learn about role playing or to brush up on your skills~ :) (Ask any Mentor for this same goal.)

If you're a chat RPer, things can be a bit confusing here! Here's the biggest piece of advice I can give: If you're ever confused in chat, look on the right side of your screen, where all the usernames are. Take note of the ones in color, which would be dark blue, orange, or green. Or red, on a really busy day... Anyway...
  1. Pick a colored name.
  2. Type /msg TheName) ________________________
  3. Fill in the blank with a question. And replace the word 'TheName' with... the staff member's username.

They would probably be happy to help! And if you don't get a response, they might be away from keyboard; just try a different colored name. :)

Hope that helped!

~Music

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:46 am

Yesss!

I love when people invite friends to the site. Even if you're both unfamiliar with the place, it's often good to just have someone to bumble around with.

Anyways, I'm Sato (ViceVersus) and I am pleased as punch to meet you! I'm both a Designer on this lovely website as well as a Global Moderator, so if you have any questions feel free to let me know!

Looks like you're off to a great start, like I said, just having a friend to chat with. In fact, the entire community here is pretty solid so if you've got anything you wanna say to anyone, for the most part everyone's open to it.

Right, well, that about wraps things up from my end.

Shoot me a PM if you've got any questions, or just wanna talk!

Cheers!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LionLeaves on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Welcome. Name's LionLeaves. Nice to make your aquatance.

LionLeaves
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:16 pm

Damn, it took me a while to find this picture on my computer, but I'm glad I did.
(It's Toasty from StepMania. Get it?)
That being gotten out of the way, welcome to RolePlayGateway. It seems that in my search, my co-workers have beaten me to the punch, but I will make up for it with some practical advice.

First, don't be offended by everything you see in the chat. We're all one big happy family...we just all have our own way of reminding each other of that.

Second, keep OOC messages while IC to a minimum, and only use it when whispers would interfere with the flow of the story more than the message itself would. People don't like it when you get in a big OOC fight over something that happened IC, and everyone that's just trying to hang out in the OOC room has to listen to your bickering.

Third, don't be afraid to try new things. This place is all about encouraging writers and roleplayers to hone their skills. This extends to getting into knuckle-dusters with another player's character.

Finally, if you see anything that you don't think is right, the staff is more often than not a click away through the Summon Moderator button.

Here's to your existing friendships and the formation of many new ones!

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!