Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

[OOC] - Alpha Squadron

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] - Alpha Squadron

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:49 pm

Name: Ryaia Graves (goes by Ghost)
Description: mix of emo and goth, She is 5 foot 4 with black hair and green eyes She is Shadow's twin sister. She misses her fallen brother and is often depressed because of this. She goes by Ghost to honor her bro.
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brovo on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:11 am

If you look at the official U.S Airforce Military Ranks (found on page 2, second post.)

Airman are typically found in Air Force Bases; but are usually in training for the duration. An Air force Cadet is a man who has proven himself in the air, and is actually an Officer in rank, not a regular Grunt.
I only teach those willing to learn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Brovo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:26 am

Iced Fire, would you just quit? I swear to god I will report you if you do not stop harrassing us. You had your chance and you blew it by being immature and uncommunicative, so just drop the subject.

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:52 am

Dude, I was in the AIR FORCE Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps for all my four years in high school. I'm an honorary member of the Air Force Association, (Hell, you can google my real name and it will show up on there.) And I know all of the Air Force Ranks by memory, along with their respective insignias. AIRMAN, is the second lowest rank, the rank designated as E-2 in the equality pay charts for all military branches (Airman BASIC being the lowest). There are NO active or reserve (Both Officer and NCO) ranks named "Cadet". Cadets are the students at the Air force Academy (Or any branch of the U.S. Military. They are all known as Cadet's until their graduation and promotion to Commissioned Officers) who upon successful graduation and passing of the Air Force's basic training (boot camp) assume the Officer rank of 2nd Lieutenant. Airmen are also not in "training" for the duration. They are training for the duration of their job training, which all jobs require and vary job by job. Whether a new 2nd Lt, or a new Airman, they both go through training. After that, they do the job they were trained to do. Be it pilot, cook, or even dog trainer. Or band. Whatever. So, believe you me when I say this, You are wrong. Sorry. I don't mean to be harsh but, I just got off an unpleasant conversation, injured my hand, and ingested copious amounts of alcohol to dull the pain while I scraped my wound free of glass shards with a knife. Got to love first aid training. Anyways, allow me to present proof to back me up.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/ranks/air_force_ranks.asp

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airforce/l/blranks.htm

http://www.academyadmissions.com/

Pick a site, any site.

Anyways, I'm sorry if this seems like an attack at you Brovo, but it really is not. You just committed the mistake of insulting the great Airmen of my nation in my eyes however unintentionally, for I know you did not mean to, but that is how I see it. The Air Force to me will forever be special, and had my life not taken me on other roads, that is where I would be now.

Integrity first.
Service before self.

Excellence in all we do.

-U.S. Air Force core values.

I AM AN AMERICAN AIRMAN.
I AM A WARRIOR.
I HAVE ANSWERED MY NATION'S CALL.

I AM AN AMERICAN AIRMAN.
MY MISSION IS TO FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN.
I AM FAITHFUL TO A PROUD HERITAGE,
A TRADITION OF HONOR,
AND A LEGACY OF VALOR.

I AM AN AMERICAN AIRMAN,
GUARDIAN OF FREEDOM AND JUSTICE,
MY NATION'S SWORD AND SHIELD,
ITS SENTRY AND AVENGER.
I DEFEND MY COUNTRY WITH MY LIFE.

I AM AN AMERICAN AIRMAN:
WINGMAN, LEADER, WARRIOR.
I WILL NEVER LEAVE AN AIRMAN BEHIND,
I WILL NEVER FALTER,
AND I WILL NOT FAIL.

-U.S. Air Force Airman's Creed.

EDIT: Just read your post on the ranks, and with the exception of the rank of "Cadet" the rest are correct. However, that is only in the ranks themselves. Their descriptions are painfully off (Except for the General of the Air force, who is really only one and the position is only taken during War Times [Like we are now]. During peace times only the General Air Force Chief of Staff sits at the top. Both him and the General of the Air Force answer directly to the current Commander In Chief.) The rest of your descriptions are painfully inaccurate. If you are truly a Military Nut I would be more than glad to have a chat with you about the Air Force and all it's aspects.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brovo on Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:38 pm

Okay.. I'm sorry that not all of us go to Airforce Cadets, wear uniforms that we have to wash every week, and become high on their own pride. Although you are correct (I am gravely incorrect, I am willing to admit that) you really didn't have to assault me in a post as if you are all high and mighty. If you didn't want to insult me, then maybe you should've just said "I believe that is incorrect, I have direct experience in the subject, This is how it goes." Not "You are wrong Brovo, your butchering the Air Force Ranks and I take this as a direct insult because your incorrectness hurts us all."

Love, your greatest fan. :/

PS: Okay so I overreacted a bit. But my statement still stands. If you believe a comment is going to insult someone, rather than continuing to type said comment you might want to reword it or just shoot shovel and shut up.

Brovo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:40 pm

Uchiha Min-no-ko wrote:Iced Fire, would you just quit? I swear to god I will report you if you do not stop harrassing us. You had your chance and you blew it by being immature and uncommunicative, so just drop the subject.

I'm not Harrassing anyone I'm just trying to get back into this cause it is a good rp and i have the time now to be in in it i thought i did before but i was mistaken. I'm sorry about that. and you've seen this last few times how active i am now. i didn't really want to tell about my family shit going on so that's why i didn't give a reason until late. once again sorry. also Uchiha min no ho you are not the gm of this so have no right to tell me to leave. if after this post gm tells me to then fine. But I hope he is one to forgive.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:38 pm

Sorry for not postings yet. I was actually social yesterday (You should all be proud of me :D ) and today's been super busy. I'll try to get a post up tonight, but if not, I'll get one up tomorrow. And Iced, your being really annoying at this point. I don't know what your chances of getting back in are because that's up to Osteel, but I can tell you that the rest of us are getting really tired of you spamming the thread with all these character sheets. You handled the situation badly to begin with, and you're just making it worse. If you choose to take offense by this, fine, I'm just telling you the situation as I see it.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:28 pm

LOSJediMaster, make Brovo and Dashmiel calm down! D: -whiny child voice-

And it's fine about no posts yet. :D You're still within the limit. ^-^

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:39 pm

I need not to shut up, because I fully intended what I said. If it offended you, well too bad. I do not take back my words in any way shape or form. As your comment still stands, so does mine. Further more, you just insulted me with that first sentence. I neither want nor expect an apology, but know this: I do not take kindly to insults, and I can hold a grudge longer than it takes for plastic to biodegrade. However, this will not escalate further as I do not wish for the others who seek nothing but carefree enjoyment in this thread have to hear any bickering. I shall continue to treat you as I have previously to writing the post that offended you, and you will be none the wiser of the blazing fury your first sentence provoked in me. A word of caution acquaintance: You have reached my threshold, and until that anger subsides, any further inflammations will not be kept under lid, and my civility shall fade. Now, let us put this matter aside and RP.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:20 pm

Okay you two, calm down. Since this is a made up RP, there is no need to argue over the technicalities, or the realism in relation to real world air-force terms and whatnot. :P

Ice, as of right now you can't join the RP anyways because we're in the middle of a mission. And as I've stated, you have to start at the beginning of a mission to join in, unless under special circumstances. Secondly, we have a new person to fill the two spot gap, and I'm going to see if I can find another.

If not, then I'll consider you for the next mission.

Congratulations Jedi haha. Social = Good, good to get out and stretch them legs.

Osteel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brovo on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:29 pm

Meh. I'm loving the good vibes here..
Whatever. Still here to Roleplay. Sorry, It was unjust of me to say what I said in that post. I do not care if you accept my apology or not, but just take this Apology as it is because so far it's the third one I've done on these Forums in a month. Although, I suppose thats not a great number, I'm not gonna be ashamed to say that either.

Oh yeah, and uhh.. If you think a comment is going to hurt someone, rather than continuing to type it, just type something else. Or don't type what you were gonna say at all. Only type it if it is absolutely required, like when I pointed out Iced Fire's insane stats. Or when my blunder with skipping Iced Fire's turn was pointed out. Otherwise, keep the rather snide, insulting stuff to yourself. Funny I should be saying this, but I try to keep the rather snide, crude, mean, or otherwise types of comments to myself.

Brovo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:08 am

I understand. And i didn't mean the cs's as spam i was just correcting them when brovo pointed out the math and I think you for that brovo. and then when osteel said no to reaper 1. so then came up with new char. Also I may even have my new comp by the time yall finsh this mission. Once again I'm sorry if i've seemed annoying , etc. this is just a hard time for me atm.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:22 pm

Hehe, so I was just getting ready to head to school, but decided to redo the roster list. Check it out, you have cards now! haha.

So I've finalized the ranking order. You will rank up after surviving, playing and successfully completing two missions. It is YOUR responsibility to keep track of this as well as provide links to IC pages with proof. The final list shall be:

1. Airman
    2. Airman 1st Class
    3. Sergeant
    4. Sergeant 1st Class
    5. 2nd Lieutenant
    6. 1st Lieutenant
    7. Captain
    8. Major

As you rank, the icon on your card will change. I took them from the website Dashmiel provided, thanks. :)

Next, here is a list of some badges you can earn. Please help add to this. I will make the badges and post them up here for viewing so you can see, as well as make a section on the HQ page (first post of IC), of badges you can earn.

The list goes by achievement requirement, then title of the badge. Brackets will explain what to do, and whether or not you get a medal.

Killing
    1. Kill 5 Enemies - Rookie Pilot
    2. Kill 10 Enemies - Ace Pilot
    3. Kill 15 Enemies - Expert Pilot
    4. Kill 20 Enemies - Master Pilot [Medal]

Assisting
    1. Assist kill on 5 Enemies - Rookie Wingman (Must have the previous hit on target, before team mate kills)
    2. Assist kill on 10 Enemies - Ace Wingman
    3. Assist kill on 15 Enemies - Expert Wingman
    4. Assist kill on 20 Enemies - Master Wingman [Medal]

Misc
    1. Evade Missiles 10 times - Sky Dancer [Medal]
    2. Fall Below 20 HP - Lucky [Medal] (Don't risk it haha)
    3. Change the course of the battle - Life Saver [Medal] (This'll have to be something incredible)

7. Make a solid contribution to the RP (the badge will change according to what you contribute to. seeing as this is probably the least one to happen, I'll make it if the need ever calls for one) [Medal]

Finally, once the badge/medal list is finalized (I say two more days), then any other rewards suggested and added will not take into account previous actions. In other words, new rewards will only start applying the moment they are added to the list.

Comments, and suggestions!

Here is an example of the kill badges and medal you can earn ... with some nice canvas texturing for effect, haha. Tell me what you think!

Osteel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brovo on Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:47 pm

Wow. I don't think I've ever done this amount of work on any Roleplay. Good job. :P

Brovo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:38 pm

Haha.

Well I'm not a Roleplayer, and this is my first time creating one. Although, I do not see it as an RP, but rather a game that uses Rp'ers such as yourselves as the players. I'm a programmatic type of person, so I like to put work and 'features' into my work.

Besides, it makes it interesting, right?

Osteel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:09 pm

I also think it makes it more worth playing. I'm quite impressed. I'm to lazy to even try something like that :lol: New post is up.

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:39 pm

I got to say, very good job Os! I agree with LDS, it makes the game more enjoyable, having something to work towards. It's like you say, this is more than a regular RP. I can picture this down the road...The Alpha Sq website....Massive roster of pilots....Amazing grid and battle animations....The new online game phenomenon!.....Yeah, I got a big imagination, so what? :)

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:31 pm

Haha ,it's not as big as you think.

I'm fluent in Flash programming. If I could work with someone to host information, I could make a Flash version of the grid, that you could use to move your ship, and click on your target. By saving the stats of the aircraft within the program, you won't have to type anything in! :D

Very doable.

I'm finishing up the medal list. Although I would like a bit more ... keep your eyes here for them, just have to export!

Okay medals are done. I'm going to add the section to the HQ. But for those who are too lazy to go back, here is the list of medals and requirements to get them. Oh, and if you haven't seen the Roster, here are the cards I made:

Kill Set - Kill 5, 10 , 15 to receive badges, and 20 to receive Medal

Assist Set - Assist to kill 5, 10 , 15 to receive badges, and 20 to receive Medal (must have hit previous shot before team mate kills)

Contribution Set - badges are given for minor contributions to RP (I judge) and a max of 5 stripes. The Medal is given for a major RP contribution.

Evasion Medal - evade 10 times

Near Death Medal - HP falls below 20

Change the Outcome/Course of battle

Tell me what you think!
Last edited by Osteel on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osteel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:07 pm

AWESOME! I officially dub this the best game on the whole site. Osteel, I'm realy impressed, not only by your skills with a computer, but also your willingness to put forth extra effort for the rp. I think it's great.

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:14 am

Aye. Aye. And more Aye. I'm impressed alright. I could comment, but why waste words? One will suffice. Amazing.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!