Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

[OOC] - Alpha Squadron

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] - Alpha Squadron

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:59 pm

Okay, w'ell try no repair costs. Seeing as this mission is over, I'll have to work on credit listing soon. Booo.

ANYWAYS, here's some good news. There's a new version of the HUD battle system up right now. Although the code hasn't changed, I made it so you don't have to input anything! That's right, no more going through and finding stats, or memorizing them, it's all stored within the program.

Also included, is a list of your stats, as well as kill count, assist count and successful missions, so you can keep track and be on your way to getting those medals!

How it'll work is as follows: since the information is stored within the file, there is no external file. That means that it can't update itself. Therefore, the HUD will be updated before every mission. I will update all your stats that you've upgraded, and increase your kill counts etc.

Also, I will add new buttons for the enemies that are in the current mission. :D

What I need from you: after every mission, I need you to give me your kill/assist numbers so I don't have to go through and hunt them all down. It'll make it a lot easier and quicker.

Tell me what you think. :D

Oh, and if you still see the old HUD display, either wait it out (until your cache clears), delete your cookies, or use another internet program for the time being.

Ps, no killing the transport Uchiha, haha. :P

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Osteel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:28 pm

Post is up, and I have to say I love the new hud. Makes it so much easier for simple minded people like myself :D
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:35 am

Haha, it appears I've underestimated the power of missiles. Bleh, I must fix this code >.<

Osteel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:43 pm

So we're waiting for Uchiha now right? Hopefully she posts soon. It would be horrible to lose another pilot.

BTW: Was I supposed to use target before I fired my missile? If so, sorry, I'll try to remember next time.

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:54 am

Haha, I just noticed that. Yeah, missiles take two turns. First you have to lock onto your target, which is just specified through the actions, and on your second turn, you have to fire at it using the HUD engine.

Also, I'll give Uchiha another day. I think she said she had some busy points coming up.

Osteel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:09 pm

I'm sorry for taking so long! D: D: I got grounded from the computer with no warning. No idea when I'll get it back, so I can't post on weekends, but I stil intend to post regularly at least 75% of the time. D:

EDIT: Although I don't recall anyone scanning the transport, Dashmiel. It's not in any of the posts since Brovo, and he didn't really get the chance.

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:12 pm

Oh that's fine then. The mission is almost done, you're right, someone just needs to scan the transport now. Remember you have to be beside it in order to use he Scan action!

We'll just skip over your turn for now and let Brovo take his turn. It should be done before your turn arrives again. :)

Also Dashmiel, don't shoot it >.<

Osteel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:27 pm

My dragon grew up.

And I'm still really sorry for failing to post. D:

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:09 am

Will try....The temptation.....

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:53 pm

New post is up! Woo, woo!

Hopefully we can get things rolling again, seemed we had a minor delay. But all is well. :)

Osteel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:18 pm

And thus, the real adventure begins! But before that, Partyyyyy! If I recall correctly, we need not adhere to the call sign order for free posts correct? I think that was it, but then again, I do recall incorrectly from time to time. Curse this lowly robot brain I built myself to replace the one I had. V 1.1 coming soon.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:39 pm

Bahaha. You're right, there is no call-sign order for posting. There are only two requirements though: First, the posts are healthy lengths to prevent multiple 'few sentence' posts. Secondly, that you post a max of twice before everyone else posts, to prevent people getting lost and lose motivation.

:)

Osteel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:23 pm

Easy requirements. Healthy lengths huh.....No such as too much right?....

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:48 pm

So I've been talking to Osteel and he has desided to put it up to a vote about if I can come in as a new normal char. I'll use the CS I posted for my former chars sis, unless there's a problem with it for some reason.
I now have my own comp so I will be on pretty much every night now. Also I have been reading your posts and staying up with the story so that if allowed back I will Know what is going on. So the ball is in yall's field now about my fate. Oh and on a side note i rp girl chars better for some reason.
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brovo on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:59 pm

I vote indifference. Abstain. I won't say yes, or no. Good luck getting in anyway; I think a grudge has pretty well developed against ya dude. x.x
I only teach those willing to learn.

Brovo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:33 am

My vote is available, for a price. A simple price. If you can convince me you will provide posts of a quality no less than what the rest of us provide, I will be more than glad to vouch for you Iced. Everyone has their bad posting days, but it is a bit of a let down to me to see that I put so much effort in my post only to see someone else get away with writing a sentence or two. I believe you need some practice in order to keep up with us. I will of course be more than happy to point you in the direction of articles you can read in order to improve your writing as well as personally giving you a short lesson on the basics. The areas I feel you need to improve on are: A steady time flow in your writing driven by more than action (In your posts in both this RP and others I've seen that you tend to try to make a lot of things happen in a short amount of time in character.), More detailed posts (Again, you could do much better with a few simple details, rather than focusing on action, and while I have seen some attempts at this in your posts, they seem ephemeral at best, and it looks as though not much effort went into them), and a VASTLY improved attempt at interaction with the other RP'ers ( Too often I seen you make a post that in it's haste, shatters the build up someone else was getting to. This is the only example I can explain, but this does encompass more). If I can see some improvement in this areas, I will be more than glad to vouch and RP alongside you. Since I do not have Osteel's permission to demand such a thing to be posted in his thread, I ask that you PM me an example post following the guidelines above to some extent.

On a different note, sorry I haven't posted yet. Been swamped with things and have been unable to gather the time and/or will to really post. I will get to it eventually (Might end up being the last to Free Post).

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:20 am

Hmm, anyone have any idea what happened to everyone? haha.

Osteel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:35 am

that weapon's getting em all

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:00 pm

I vote not. But you all probably already knew that.

I don't know where everyone went. Why haven't you posted yet, Brovo? We know Dashmiel's busy.

And as for LOSjedi. . . -insert helpless shrug here-

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:18 pm

While I am not overly opposed to Iced coming back, I would prefer to see if their is anyone else out there that would be interested. And as far as posting goes, I'll try to get something up today. Things have been really crazy IRL, and so my will to post has been diminished.

On a different note, I will be serving a mission for my church soon. Hopefully in March I'll start serving a part-time local mission. Seeing as I know nothing of what mission rules will be like, I don't know if I'll be able to continue. There's a possiblity I might be able to continue posting, though probably less frequently, but there is also a possibility that I won't be able to post at all. I just though I'd give you guys a heads up. I'll let you know when I find out for sure.

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!