Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dream of Prometheus

Dream of Prometheus

a part of “Dream of Prometheus”, a fictional universe by DeathScythe386.

In a world where humans and machines coexist, they strive to rebuild and retake what the universe had taken from them.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dream of Prometheus”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Dream of Prometheus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathScythe386 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:45 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Dream of Prometheus"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Image Image
"We could have played games again."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DeathScythe386
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Dream of Prometheus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guardian Aelita on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:23 am

Mechasexual RP, eh? Well, even if no one else pops up, sign me the fuck up. XD Didn't think I'd find a sandbox but hey, sandboxes are among one of my favorite video game genres~ Not sure if I wanna do a robot or a human. Probably a human at first but I'll see if anyone nabs a certain hope bot for a face claim before making a second character. XD Either way, count me in!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Guardian Aelita
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathScythe386 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:32 am

@Guardian This RP appeals to the inner mechasexual in all of us. XD Sandbox pretty much means everything is free-roam and we don't necessarily need a plot unless we get more people who want to do stuff. XD
Kiibo's a bit hard to look for pics now especially after Chapter 6. XD I'll be waiting for a character then. XD

DeathScythe386
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 pm

I shall throw my hat into the ring too then, never tried this before~

Now I might have two characters, a human and robot, if that's okay. Q.Q

@Guardian
I love that reaction. I really do. XD

Cheers~
~Lufia
"Life...Dreams...Hope...Where do they come from? And where do they go? None of that junk is enough to fulfill your hearts! Destruction...Destruction is what makes life worth living! Destroy! Destroy! Destroy! Let's destroy everything!"
— Kefka Palazzo

Mineczka
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:58 pm

A sci-fi roleplay? No celebrity face claims? ABOUT ROBOTS? *Bastion ult noises*

Where do I sign, baby?! I haven't roleplayed in fo-evah, and I've been suffering creative sterility as a result. I think I'd make a robot character, but, not sure what sort of character I want to play yet. Still, funnily enough, this roleplay has some very similar concepts to some story ideas of mine (the idea of robot societies living on after humans fell, comparisons to the dinosaurs, possibilities of robots keeping humans sheltered and safe like zoo animals, and so on). Nice to see that there's already interest here.

Any chance of being able to communicate with roleplayers on Skype or Discord? That definitely helps as a GM, and keeps your players engaged and lets players cooperate to come up with greater ideas.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Hello! This looks cool but I have a question...

Is there a human military or is all defense run by robots? I ask this because my idea for a character is a female human pilot capible of flying both fighters and troop dropships.
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HolyJunkie on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:31 am

I set up a rough character sheet. If you have any issues with it, DeathScythe, be sure to PM me. I'll be working to improve the character sheet in the meantime.
Purple haze, runnin' through my brain. Lately, things don't seem the same.

HolyJunkie
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CabbageAngel on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:48 am

Yo. I think I would like to be in this. I'm going away for a bit so if I come crawling back later (two weeks I think) please let me in or like if I do make a character before I go just know that character isn't going to be active for a bit. Anyway, this is awesome and should be fun. :)

Before any of you make a comment about it - MY CABBAGES!

Take that.

CabbageAngel
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver Inspiration Arc Warden Storyteller

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathScythe386 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:44 am

Whoa, I didn't expect I'd get this many players! Thanks for taking interest in the roleplay, you all! I'll be waiting for everyone's characters; you're all cleared!

@Iced Fire In other regions, the human military is a bit torn and ragged from Last Eden but they do still exist. In Prometheus, though, they've only recently started letting in humans so there's only a handful of humans working in the security and military units.

@HolyJunkie Your character's looking pretty good! Haven't seen any problems with it.

@Lloyd999 I haven't really gotten around to using Skype due to my computer having a lot of problems when it comes to certain programs; the least I could probably do for this place is a Chatzy, I guess if that works.

@CabbageAngel Yeah, I'll take note of it. It'll be up to you to find a way to incorporate your character in the ongoing posting though, and you could probably send us an alert here in the OOC when you get back. :)

Anyway, I'll be working on my second character (human) for now, so let's all try our best to make this a fun roleplay! XD

DeathScythe386
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Ahh, why?

So My character will be a bit late, I lost all momentum and now ran into a writers block now.... Q w Q

I'll work on it tomorrow....

Sorry. Q.Q

~~Lufia

Mineczka
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Well, that's fine. I've been only really using Discord anyway. You don't need to download it to use it, you can use it online, and people don't have to spend too much time to make an official account.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:46 pm

Ah, and yes, I've come up with more ideas now. I'd love to develop this world a little more. Like, exactly how do the machines govern over humans? Do they really see them as masters, as equals, or as their burden, their pets. Perhaps there is disagreeing ideologies and fashions. Perhaps there are more humanist parties who seek greater power and freedom granted to humans, while there are other groups that seek efficiency and improvement of machines, and the complete domination of humankind in order to keep them safe and orderly. Perhaps I could make a robot who is working for a sort of higher authority or organization who perhaps is leading the Styx team, if not at least monitoring, for other interests.

And what of these violent scavengers and such we keep hearing of? Something tells me there is a division of interest here, between those who willingly give up their freedom to machines for comfort, and those who refuse to give up their freedom. I imagine all these humans living under the care of machines probably are presented very little that's negative about them, but those scavengers and those who resist the dominance of machines probably see them in an entirely different light. I can only imagine that the machines are likely trying to expand their dominance and claim as many regions as possible, perhaps for resources or more potential centers of operation, or to claim more 'survivors' and bring them under their 'protection', which some might view as giving up freedom. I can imagine all kinds of terrible rumors (which may perhaps be true) are spread through the remaining untouched pockets of humanity. Meanwhile, the humans under the care of the machines would be none the wiser. Perhaps it would be fun to have some scavenger characters, or explore the societal dynamics of the human tribes that live in fear of the machines.

I'd love to see this world developed more, and perhaps it there could be a potential hidden plot of intrigue, where the truth is always being obfuscated. I mean, the loyal humans are probably fed all kinds of indoctrination, whereas the outside humans are possibly very biased, or at least it isn't clear if they should be taken at face value because not all of them are very good either. And machines? Well, they can always have their memory-banks changed, or be reprogrammed to work on Big Brother Bot's every whim, probably without them having realized it. Perhaps every robot might have some hidden subroutine in them that only activates under specific circumstances. The conspiracy theories can be endless!

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathScythe386 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:00 am

My idea was that like humans, machines differ from place to place. The Prometheus machines are benevolent, if not a tad bit overprotective, but other machines could possibly be malevolent and wish harm upon the humans- like the type of machine you'd usually see in post-apocalyptic, "robots take over the world" plotlines. So far our story will mostly take place in Prometheus, but other future plotlines may require travel to other regions. When I was making the RP I made it so that the machines and humans were equals, but that could possibly apply only to Prometheus and some certain areas.

On the topic of Styx, I actually planned for there to be a group behind the Styx radiation outbreak- we would get that info after we find out about Nagisa's attacker, since I'm allowing people to have their own character storylines. Ah, I almost forgot- you guys can have storylines for your characters that you can discuss here in the OOC with the other players! Other characters can feel free to go for those storylines, and it could probably lead to more character relationship development or even plot development, which you can talk over with me.

Now on the scavengers we heard about in both my characters' backstories, these scavengers popped up around a little after Last Eden, where everyone was so desperate to survive that they were willing to kill and destroy. Some of them still exist- such as the group that attacked Nagisa's region- and it's possible that they could be fighting for other reasons as well. Your idea for other characters that aren't in Prometheus is good, and we can probably include them as the plot goes on.

I initially started this roleplay as a little joke and test- let's just say it sprang from a crack idea of an otome game with mechas as the love interests- but I'm pretty glad there are some people that share the idea of a post-apocalyptic world where machines aren't all monstrous beings. Keep the suggestions incoming, you guys and we can probably make a clear plot out of it all somehow!

DeathScythe386
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:32 pm

You've got something pretty neat here! I may toss in a robot at some point within the next couple of days.
This wind you talk of blows us from ourselves.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:00 am

If there is still room to join, I can roll up either a robot or human over the weekend. And if allowed, I'd be interested in taking a spot as a possible reoccurring antagonist.
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathScythe386 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:37 am

Yeah, you guys can join in! The possibilities for the number of players here is endless. XD

@R.T.M.X I'll shoot you a PM soon to discuss plot ideas, if you have any for your antagonist then. You're clear to make one and it would be interesting to have one in the RP. :)

DeathScythe386
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathScythe386 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:13 am

So then-- I'm still waiting for the others to finish their characters, so if any problems had come up with creating your characters or if real life decided to screw around and get in your way, please inform me. In the meantime I've created a small chat for us to keep in better touch. Still a newbie to that site, so if there are any problems I'm still going to have to work them out.

DeathScythe386
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeathScythe386 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:13 am

The starting post is up! For now it's just my two characters, but when everyone's gathered I'll start the briefing scene. While waiting, everyone can interact with each other.

DeathScythe386
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!