Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Greets

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Greets

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:09 am

I'm some guy that got redirected here from Gaia. I've scoped the place out a little, but it's still pretty foreign to me. Nonetheless, I think I like it. Anyway, I figured I'd drop a line in here like everyone else seems to be doing. So, like, hi. I would give some sort of fancy introduction of myself, but there's nothing fancy to introduce, sadly. I'm just looking for decent roleplaying. Probably like everyone else. And thus ends my bland grand entrance.

But that's okay, I win an award for being generic. Yay.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Greets

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:07 am

ImageImage
Good news, we beat the snot out of Gaia. Bad news, Gaia really has no standards to roleplaying. Awesome news, We'll help you with whatever you need. Welcome to RPG!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:09 am

Welcome to our forum! Have a fishy stick! Image

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:07 am

I'd like to think that RPGateway is a LOT better than guy, especially when roleplaying. ^^
Welcome!
I hope to have the pleasure of rping with you in the near future. =)

Aelita
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:18 pm

Well, it's been a nice, long time since someone's given me a Fishy Stick. Though, if I can ask a question, or more state the concern of a newbie, the lifespan of the roleplays here seems relatively short. Is this generally true, or am I just being mislead by my lurking?

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:43 pm

Gaia became too big. We're a lot smaller than Gaia, so we're a little more warm and fuzzy. :)
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:18 pm

In response to your question: I've seen several that go over several hundred posts. Doesn't seem to me that they have a short lifespan. I mean, in the fantasy category alone there is a roleplay with 700+ posts and one that has been going on since September. Now, I know that I've only been here for several days, and know next to naught about the actual lifespans of these roleplays, it seems to me that that's pretty impressive, as far as lifespans go. But what does it matter? Can't the normal roleplay be finished off within several months anyway?

Either way, I'm glad you decided to join. I look forward to roleplaying with you sometime. Welcome, and have a nice day.
Boo.

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:47 pm

I also don't think roleplays ever have to be finished, either. They can be ongoing stories that don't have a clear end -- however, it is good practice to have a clear story arc; introduction, rising, climax, and resolution. You'll learn this arc in any highschool English class, and it's entirely accurate (and makes for great roleplays, too!)

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mai on Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:50 pm

Welcome to The RolePlayGateway! I hope you have an uber wonderful time! If you have any questions feel free to PM me! :)
ImageImage

Mai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:39 pm

That was my primary concern, and thanks for clearing it up, Ghost. I'm not concerned with whether or not roleplays terminate at a definite point or if they continue on persistently, I just think you need more than ten pages to really get something worthwhile going on with actual character development.

Also, reading some of the other introductory posts, I want to clear up the fact that I'm not from Gaia in most senses. You all seem to really dislike that place! I originally started roleplaying on Half-Life, a first-person shooter, back around 2000-2001. Odd, eh? Mind you, the quality of roleplay there was highly questionable. Very highly questionable. But it was still roleplaying. Though, yeah, I'll admit I spend some time on Gaia daily.

Anyway, thanks for the warm greetings!

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:35 pm

It's really okay to be part of Gaia. We promise. ;)

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:39 pm

It's great to play on Gaia.. roleplaying there just got a really bad reputation, that's the main part. I play on gaia now and then, however; I stay away from the forums lmao. Just my preferences.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:46 am

Welcome, Fractal!

I believe I've already encountered you in the chat room a few times, and occasionally around the forums.

Everyone here has done a great job answering your questions, but I still wanted to give you a welcome of my own. I hope you like it here, and let me know if I can ever do anything to help you. ^_^
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!