Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

GT2008: The Main OOC (Finals Begin 11/28)

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Re: GT2008: The Main OOC (Semifinals.)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:23 pm

The "Don't injure the audience" rule does apply, the statement I made (to SSJ3Mewtwo) was in regards to the consideration that a sane individual would never make an attack that would injure the audience. If it happened, of course I'd enforce it. The rule has and will serve its purpose, to prevent any degree of attack or action that would be beyond the intended scale of combat within the GT Dimension.

The "All actions are equal" is in regards to the power of an attack and the required power of a defense. If you put two posts into an attack, to defend against all due effect of that attack you must utilize two posts in a defense. Since combat is turn-based, this gives equal opportunity to either fighter without giving favor based on writing style. We take fighters from a very wide array of backgrounds, and as a result many fighters have different views on how long and detailed each post should be. If a defense doesn't make sense or is not possible as a result of a specific non-technical detail (i.e., the specifics of a science - of which very few of you have any degree of respectable expertise aside from the availability of information within this great cloud we call the "Internet"), it is negated.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asimov on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:46 pm

So where does this leave Arrogance and I?

We deal in lead.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Asimov
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrogance on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:01 pm

Asimov wrote:So where does this leave Arrogance and I?

How are you even asking this question? There is a decisive victor in our match.

A man chooses, a slave obeys. - Andrew Ryan

Arrogance
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asimov on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:11 pm

I want to hear it from Rem, because as I said, what you did directly contradicted what he himself told me, and which I dutifully applied twice against opponents who couldn't even make one post.

Asimov
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrogance on Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:52 am

Asimov wrote:I want to hear it from Rem, because as I said, what you did directly contradicted what he himself told me, and which I dutifully applied twice against opponents who couldn't even make one post.

I hate for this to throw up in a big scene, but it looks like it's going to happen.

1. If that was an actual rule, nearly every one of circ's matches would have been intervened on. (Sorry buddy, had to drag you into it, though, you have many matches that are similar.)
2. If that was an actual rule, it would have been applied in my match against Discipline (which ended the exact same way ours just did, Asimov)
3. If that rule was actually enforced it would have been enforced when Sonata made a closed post against leeo tandory, because he also did the same thing.
4. I clearly hinted that there were secondary intentions of my attack, this isn't just about me closed posting you so much as it is that you made a serious oversight in my attack. I though I described it pretty clearly in my second to last post. Just incase it wasn't though i'll go back to dissect my post to adequately present everyone with the situation at hand (so they don't have to read every little detail)

-In Post 1, my first post, it is stated that I have a plasma grenade in my hand. My right hand.

In his right hand he holds a not-yet-activated plasma grenade, and on his back is Loyalty crossed overtop of his shotgun, and at his waist is Gomorrah which is mysteriously fully-functional and working for the new match.

-In Post 2, my second post, I state that there are more than just intentions on punching/hitting/colliding with you, asimov.

At this point he thrusted his right hand directly up towards the solar plexus of Asimov, with a much more insidious intention than just hitting him, while his left hand performed a snapping motion sending the dagger flying outwards towards a chunk of soil, anchoring it there.

Would it be reasonable to assume there is a little bit of plotting done there? He is thrusting the very hand he holds the plasma grenade in and labels it that there are 'different' intentions than hitting you to his attack?

-There isn't really any one particular part of my third post that I can separate from the rest, this post earnestly speaks for itself. (not trying to be rude about it, it just does, however for reference for anyone who didn't get the halo 3 reference i'll show you kinda what it was like as soon as you click this link)

The attack wasn't exactly like that, because I wasn't throwing the grenade, it was more or less me pushing the grenade into you.

And of course, the last post, which was an activity post on something that probably didn't need a closed post on anyways. But I did it just to be safe.

Allow me to show you the inactivity rule, Remaeus wrote it VERY well and very clear
There will be a 3 day response time limit on all matches.
Once a post goes up, there is a 72 hour time limit on the response from the opponent. Failure to meet this time limit will permit the last poster to make another post, skipping your turn.

It's on page 1 of this thread like the second or third post down.

Arrogance
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asimov on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:27 am

I never claimed your post was illogical, nor am I contesting the three day rule.

What I am saying and continue to say is that Remaeus, the person who is running this tournament, told me that I was not allowed to kill my opponents due to inactivity, and thus forced me to carry on as such through two threads with one opponent who vanished after one attack, and another who never made it past his introduction. I frankly don't care about anything that you just said, because you aren't Remaeus.

I want this contradiction explained by the person who told me that I was not allowed to kill my opponents after they miss a deadline.

Asimov
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:34 pm

Because I like to keep my battle posts clean of whining, unlike someone, I decided to post this in the OOC to defend my last post in Holy’s match with Spencer. I do not talk in the OOC thread, while in tournament, so do not expect me to reply.

Circ wasted his chance to evade Holy’s attack in his last post:

From a Reader’s Perspective:

The implications of the stilling aura, the falling cross, and the expanding circle beneath Holy Unknown’s feet are that he is both stationary and his defense, the aforementioned ethereal squall, has been abated in conclusion to what is believed to be a successful evasion of Spencer’s attack; putting aside time for verbiage without complementary action may also be indicative of a pause. A pause and a drop in guard that would result in Spencer’s attack inevitably succeeding, as noted by the final prose “the direction of the burning bath maintains on Spencer’s prey.” Holy Unknown’s comment, “cold shower,” is also supportive of the attack’s eventual success, suggesting that by the time the water reaches Holy Unknown it feels relatively cool and, thus, results in a cold shower on his personage.

As to water producing a spark, save when acting as a lens while contained within a condom or some other translucent vessel, such is absurd, and even if it were so, the moist environment would prevent it from growing into anything greater.

From Spencer’s Perspective:

He can feel nothing of his adversary’s aura for, as the questionably-holy soldier tightens the grip on proximity, Spencer preserves betwixt them the geyser’s onslaught and, indeed, its focus on his target. It never let up, nor lets up, and, from it, wafts of steam melting into precipitation shower the ground, diluting the snow-like dust and reclaiming the soil for nature’s reign. Now, whether his circumnavigation goes unseen through the thickening and nearing vapor, he does not know, but, less than a pace away, Spencer hears a murmur of aggravation filter through the din. Very rightly in response, for, by all sensibilities, Holy Unknown should be wet and red from a spray now angling for his eyes, Spencer shouts, “I like my bitches wet.”

Having rather not PM me for clarification he posted on his own accord and left Spencer without a defense. My post below describes how Holy avoided the path of the water being directed at him to stand before Spencer (he is standing right in front of Spencer):

His eyes were sharp and keen—their mirror-mockery recording the human’s actions beneath knitted brows. Inside each optic the assassin was seen lowering his militaristic salute. Did he think he actually was a soldier? The origin of his name was pure alias, but the respect was recognized until…his foe attempted to douse him with boiling water. So that was where all the hot water went. What a disappointing shower that was, and if he wasn’t fighting a human, it would have been blamed entirely on him. Yes—someone would have to pay. If he was molested again in another mob of hysterical fans after this, there was going to be problems. There would be no hot water to rid him free of his violation. The water was never hot enough!

As mentioned before, the soldier had been relentlessly advancing on his opponent. When the spout of water rushed in his direction, his next motion to human perception occurred in a flash or the blink of an eye. However, he wasn’t that fast and the back of his ethereal squall met the inverted geyser that sparked on contact as though it had struck a brick wall. Tiny drops of water gathered in the vortex, outlining the shape of the spiritual phenomenon. The droplets were like pearls on a necklace, revolving around Holy’s body like an electron orbit. The dew evaporated absorbed within the whipping currents.

The fighter had closed the distance between him and Spencer, the outcome of his evasion. The assassin would possibly feel the gust of Holy’s aura, whipping about, and mysteriously, it stilled. The grass beneath his feet continued to turn white, slowly expanding outwards in a circle. The cross lowered against his chest, an abnormal presence left to linger: Holy’s aura.

Unintentionally, it felt threatening and immense as though the soldier were more colossal than he appeared; the wrath of God yet not as imposing or overstating. Only metaphors could describe the indescribable; and what made Holy’s emotions so grim left his lips barbarically as he strained to hold back an outburst, “Cold…shower…” His brows twitched irritably. Those would be the first, haphazard words the human would hear from him.

Holy was indeed using Spiritual Manipulation/Absorption and while he was absorbing the spiritual remnants around him, because there were two turns to do so, he had gathered a large enough amount, that when he would release it back, the effects were as read in my post shown below:

The soldier scowled at his opponent as he spoke, I like my b- B word, B word, it rang like an alarm in his head. If he ever said that word, the priest would have knocked him into tomorrow—another overestimation. There were so many today.

The spiritual energy—the traces of The Creator—that he had been gathering from the oil, the grass, and even the slither of water that managed to steal into his squall, was contained inside him. The foreign organs in his body vibrated and his muscles were tight and flexed just to contain it. But the B word… if he couldn’t say it, then nobody can. So when Spencer let the bitches slip, Holy unleashed the pint up danger that he had been harvesting. His features lit up like a beacon, the path of the attack already set. It was ten feet in diameter, the cylindrical beam shifting from invisibility to visibility, from being clear as glass to a pious white that stretched to the solid wall at the end of the battlefield. Because he and Spencer were so close, he would need a miracle to avoid it, and hopefully, a miracle wasn’t on the soldier’s mind.

The power broke free from Holy like water from a dam, it came hard and would carry his opponent swiftly toward the wall with the sole purpose to knock the wind right out of him and fracture some bones [if he got caught inside it]. As the traces were being returned, the grass grew longer and greener, the flowers bloomed and lichen grew along the boundary wall. “I didn’t hear that!” Holy roared, feeling the relief of the power finally leaving his body.

To defend my character’s actions, I recall I wrote a long and detailed profile for a reason:

“Holy has been learning his abilities on random impulse, and is known to take small fragments from each one to utilize to his advantage in combat.” –Paragraph 4, last line, in Holy’s profile under Personality.

My defense for drawing this quote out of my character's profile is mostly for this reason: "...and is known to take small fragments from each one to utilize to his advantage in combat..." What this means is, instead of conjuring a special attack at its full potential, he can take the powers and abilities found in his special attacks and use them in other ways. For example: His special attack the photon beam. Instead of creating a huge photon beam, he could make a smaller version using less stamina. So to summarize, "and is known to take small fragments from each one to utilize to his advantage in combat."

“If you put two posts into an attack, to defend against all due effect of that attack you must utilize two posts in a defense.” – Quote from Remæus himself in the MAIN OOC page 51 first post.

I quoted Remæus because Circ never had Spencer put up a defense when Holy was standing before his character the whole time. Circ insisted that the water struck Holy when Holy dodged out of the path of the water to stand at a closed distance in front of Spencer. Because there was no two-turn defensive plan or any defensive plan devised at all for Spencer, Circ pretty much created a disadvantage for himself.

Circ’s paranoia has been leading him to make numerous mistakes and develop misunderstandings when he simply could have PMed me for clarifications. I sent clarifications to him when he placed his OOC in his posts but there was nothing but disagreement. Because of his arrogance and lack of humility, we are here, with him typing out a mode and deciding to have his character take further action, basing it on the assumption that he ‘hopes’ he’s right in his judgments:

Note: the attack in the above post is not described in Sonata’s profile and was not ratified for use in the tournament. The closest two analogs I could find are, firstly, Miracle, which is not concussive in nature, does not emit from Holy Unknown’s person, and requires a trigger word that was neither thought nor spoken; and, secondly, Spiritual Energy Manipulation/Absorption, which is only useful for small-scale activities. A ten-foot diameter cock-punch blasting across the arena describes neither of those abilities, nor any others listed in his profile. However, in the interest of not disrupting the flow of things, I will continue as if it is a legitimate attack.

Obscuration has its benefits, such as the cloud of steam ensorcelling Spencer’s foe and its source, the font, actively gouging eyes with blinding ferocity of pressure and temperature.* Not necessarily ineffectually, despite the lackluster reaction, as some individuals do ignore agony in the interest of machismo, an archetype unfortunately apropos. It is a penalty of duality, for Spencer, too, struggles at deciphering whether the apparitions writhing in his vaporous view are his enemy or an insentient object. Yet his cunning mind pierces the fog, noting the relentlessly-nearing circle of pale dust and the sound of striking water, both telling the same story: Holy Unknown is standing still.

For all his faults, Spencer will not be guilty of that one: a nimble ex-busker is always eager to move.

So he continues, throwing his lithe body into a somersault that descends into a tumble terminating behind the safety of a large marble beam. While not necessary to avoid the quasi-divine tantrum of a person boasting the emblematic cross in such a disgraceful manner, for his aforementioned gyre had already carried him out of the supernal beam’s grasp, such a lunge is useful in other respects: Spencer extracts the Chapel from its makeshift holster and buries its barrel against the fabric of his wet jacket. After a careful glance to ensure no flammables are near himself, he takes careful aim on a metal barb seeking light in the midst of an oily pool rippling dangerously close to Holy Unknown and without another thought depresses the trigger. The flame from the nozzle inexorably extinguishes before coming to light, as does the sound, the cloth acting like a silencer, but the bullet’s silent impact sets off a spark that pins Holy Unknown between two hot decisions, and it is directly between them that Spencer unloads the Chapel four more times.

I wonder what he’ll try to do now that he has no eyes to see,’ Spencer wonders wordlessly.

Note: *While Holy Unknown may be immune to water, I doubt he is immune to pressurized water slamming into his eyeballs and gouging them out with the surety of any well-placed set of fingers, an attack described in my last post and completed in this one.

This matter has been discussed in PM between I, Circ, and Remæus. There is no reason to analyze or ask for clarifications. This match can only end by judgment. Whatever the judgment may be I honestly do not care, but I know how to TB, and when I was confused about the complexities in Circ’s posts I PMed him about it. Either way, the conclusion of this match won’t affect me, and I’ll find myself doing what I’ve always been doing during this tournament, role playing and surviving uni.

The battle post quotes I put up are there just for easy access. To get an authentic read, you simply can just view our fight.
ImageI am an American Soldier.

The Maker of Epic Role Plays
The Chef Ramsay of RP

Role Play Consultant -If you need help with anything role play-related or concerning your writing ability, drop me a line.

Sonata
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:21 pm

I can't think of a good way to respond to this without being rude, despite whatever efforts I may make to remain polite.

As to what may perhaps be considered poor judgment in including commentary in the fight itself, given the insults and accusations flung at me via PM, even before the first attack, I felt it necessary to make my thought process public and integral to my posts. I do not apologize for it.

Noting that any further posts in the fight would be imprudent, as Sonata and I currently have such disparate views on the events therein, I suggest we both await some form of conclusive judgment from Remaeus.

Lastly, in my defense, Holy Unknown's dodge did not account for an attack that was maintained beyond a single post, Holy Unknown's attack was both large and unprecedented, there was a support post for Spencer's evasion, and the bullets coming at Holy Unknown were completely ignored. I will leave it to the readers to assess my veracity on the matter.
conditio sine qua non

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:57 pm

As stated in the Official Tournament Regulations:
Remæus wrote:As metaversal roleplay goes, events that transpire here in the GT Dimension and any permanent effects are permanent when within this realm, but do not have physical ramifications outside of this world.

That being said, when a fight ends it is done and the thread is locked. Further aggression is no longer part of the sanctioned fight, and further disciplinary action may be taken.

In this situation, Arrogance can not make a killing post in such rapid succession. Asimov missed the deadline to post, but can not be killed as an immediate result of this - Arrogance's attack is a one-post attempt, which is subsequently closed in the next post. Asimov is not killed by the blow, but does take damage as a result of his failure to respond and defend in a timely fashion.

It is again Asimov's turn, with three days from this post being given to respond and continue the fight.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrogance on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:04 pm

So for some reason I can't kill asimov but I can blow his head off his shoulders and fry his innerds. Which is exactly what I did in my closed post. That's not killing him at all.

Really, what the hell. What is asimov going to do with his head blown off of his shoulders and every bit of his insides fried to cinders. Have you even read this fight, eric? Seriously? I have a feeling the need to satisfy everyone here is above the need to look at things from a logical standpoint.

Edit:By the way, how does that rule have anything to do with the topic at hand, it was a killing post for asimov in this dimension

Let's look at what the rules on closed posts are:

Closed posts
Attacks must make logical sense, and must be completed in a second post after the opponent has had the opportunity to attempt an equally logical avoidance.

Let's take a look at the 3 day rule:

There will be a 3 day response time limit on all matches.
Once a post goes up, there is a 72 hour time limit on the response from the opponent. Failure to meet this time limit will permit the last poster to make another post, skipping your turn.

Okay, so, I gave asimov the chance to avoid the palm thrust, there's no denying that. There's also no regeneration or healing allowed in the tournament. Just looking over asimov's profile, counting my closed post which you just said would happen would kill asimov's character. There's no possible way outside of godmodding that he could survive that.
Last edited by Arrogance on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arrogance
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asimov on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:41 pm

Oh, I've already figured that part out.

Two separate ways, in fact. I write around stuff like this on a daily basis.

Given that I've lost a great deal of interest in this Tournament, I'm opting for the comedy option.

It'll blow your socks off.

Besides, it's not up to you to decide why my character can do and what he can't do. That's up to Me and Rem.

Asimov
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrogance on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:02 pm

Asimov wrote:Oh, I've already figured that part out.

Two separate ways, in fact. I write around stuff like this on a daily basis.

Given that I've lost a great deal of interest in this Tournament, I'm opting for the comedy option.

It'll blow your socks off.

Besides, it's not up to you to decide why my character can do and what he can't do. That's up to Me and Rem.

Kay, with that said, since you two are in cahoots. Why don't you have your ashen skeleton crawl up from the mire, use your magical powers and set us up the bomb, that way you can blow all the contestants up and bring this ridiculous game to an end.

Because obviously this tournament is on the crazy train already, when a dead character can still fight.

'Tis but a flesh wound,' as kiyoshi put it.

Arrogance
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asimov on Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:40 pm

It's "set up us," not "set us up."

Asimov
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrogance on Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:29 am

I would like to present that you just healed your character, asimov. I clearly stated in my last post that your head was blown completely off
Well his unarmored head would be blown clean off,
so how do you suddenly magically have a head again this post?

There is no other way outside of being healed that you can do that, and healing/regeneration is against the tournament rules.

You're also calling upon outside help in the lobby via the usage of npcs? Come on, this is all one huge blatant mod.

Edit: Know what? Forget it, i'm just gonna post.

Tonight

Arrogance
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asimov on Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:40 am

I quite clearly stated that the GT administration, in order to allow the fight to continue in light of your character's violation of the rules, healed Asimov's head. His own abilities had nothing to do with it, not was it done under his volition. It is an in character interpretation of events that occurred out of character.

EDIT: Heh, this is going to be fun to respond to.

Asimov
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrogance on Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:17 am

Asimov wrote:I quite clearly stated that the GT administration, in order to allow the fight to continue in light of your character's violation of the rules, healed Asimov's head. His own abilities had nothing to do with it, not was it done under his volition. It is an in character interpretation of events that occurred out of character.

EDIT: Heh, this is going to be fun to respond to.

Really? Is that so? Cause I IMed Eric earlier.

SirKen04: Yeah, i'm sorry, but i'm going to have to call foul of Asimov's last post. He completely healed himself.
gundamtsumetai: Yeah, same. Did you ping him about it?
SirKen04: Well I'm gonna shoot him a pm and see what it does but normally I try to catch him on AIM, did you see the post already?
SirKen04: Not only did he heal himself, but he called upon outside help using his npcs in the lobby.

Go ahead and make a post cause eric said the damage would be dealt meaning you have to accept the terms that I threw up there, but you are still alive. You can't take partial damage like you attempted to do, I was just pointing out the massive logical fallacy in your post (which many people found quite amusing as well as I did)

There is also no healing in the gt league dimension. As crazy as I find you npcing the gt league staff, Eric said you'd have to take the damage right in this very thread.

Arrogance
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asimov on Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:33 pm

Oh, if I'm not decapitated than the post is just as easy to make. I thought that Arrogance was forcing that particular issue.

EDIT: Easier, even. I only have to remove a couple lines of exposition.

EDIT2: There, done. Happy now? Of course not. You're never happy.

And I don't believe that I modded the GT Staff anymore than anyone else has in the Lobby or in their posts. I just did it with flourish.

Too bad too. I wanted to respond to zombie Asimov.

Asimov
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrogance on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:42 pm

This is one of the most illogical idiotic events I have ever had the displeasure in participating. When suddenly outwitting your opponent and outfighting your opponent has nothing to do with the fight, you get taxed by rules that aren't there, from a moderator who hasn't paid attention since round one it takes any enjoyment not only out of the tournament, but fighting as a whole. If you think this is just about this tournament and fight, then no. Stop right there. Right now. The most enjoyable experience i've had (not including intervention) on this site is the crimson knight war, and we all know how that ended.

I had anticipated Xenom General vs Technocrat General, but when I found out it would only result in technicalities one could only shake their head.

So, Asimov, to answer your rhetorical question, NO I AM NOT FUCKING HAPPY. As a matter of fact, i'm so disatisfied that i'm going to give you the fight. Not only am I going to drop the fight, but I'm dropping my account on Roleplaygateway.com and my account on the GTLeague and any affiliation outside the chat, with the site. I have dealt with this crap for far too long and it's time to head out to a better, brighter Elysium.

I wish I could say it was a pleasure.

I fuckin' wish.

Arrogance
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asimov on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:44 pm

Nifty.

I'm not sure whether to 1 or 5 that post, because that picture is really hilarious.

Asimov
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:42 pm

Arrogance wrote:As a matter of fact, i'm so disatisfied that i'm going to give you the fight. Not only am I going to drop the fight, but I'm dropping my account on Roleplaygateway.com and my account on the GTLeague and any affiliation outside the chat, with the site.

Well, seems like the tournament is over. It certainly is from my perspective. As to when Remaeus decides to realize that, and make things official, I can't say. This isn't a forfeit or resignation. It is an observation of what should be pretty obvious.

Circ
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!